• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:57
CEST 10:57
KST 17:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7290 users

MLG Broadcast Feedback - Page 13

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 32 Next All
ki11z0ne
Profile Joined January 2011
United States427 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-25 10:01:30
February 25 2012 10:00 GMT
#241
On February 10 2012 06:28 Robin_thewonder wrote:
I for one, thought it was great. Really glad MLG let Tumba on to cast with you. He deserves the attention and in my opinion did fantastic. If possible, maybe less breaks in between games...I understand you gotta get replays setup and what not but I found myself losing interest.

Other than that, amazing work and I can't wait to see more in the coming days.


i think there were some tech issues with a few games might of been why they had so many long breaks
SC > halo
ShuttingFromTheSky
Profile Joined December 2011
Japan199 Posts
February 25 2012 10:02 GMT
#242
Isn't there any way to reduce the VOD quality?
helvete
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden276 Posts
February 25 2012 10:04 GMT
#243
On February 25 2012 19:02 ShuttingFromTheSky wrote:
Isn't there any way to reduce the VOD quality?

Of course there is.
ceaRshaf
Profile Joined August 2009
Romania4926 Posts
February 25 2012 10:10 GMT
#244
I am just sad that even if MLG might be worth the 20$ it's just on a such bad time for EU hence make it a clearly bad decision to buy it. EUs with jobs have no way of seeing it live so it's really bad businesses for us.
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
Nouar
Profile Joined May 2009
France3270 Posts
February 25 2012 10:11 GMT
#245
On February 25 2012 18:55 ki11z0ne wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 10 2012 06:22 Ingebrigtsen wrote:
I really liked the part were the broadcast was on when all the europeans were sleeping


eh.... loveing how Assembly is starts when Westerns are sleeping ^_^ you cant please ever one dude...


Do you even understand he was talking about the *european* qualifiers starting in the middle of the night in Europe and not the main MLG Arena ? (europe are westerns fyi, too :D)
NoiR
Dundron2000
Profile Joined October 2011
Sweden1140 Posts
February 25 2012 10:18 GMT
#246
On February 25 2012 18:51 CursedRich wrote:
why no rebroadcast? id rather that than vods


totally agree.. ive been waiting for leenock vs thorzain, game one, for 15 min and its halfway done.. this is stupid. im on 100mb down so this shouldnt really be a problem.
n.Die_Jaedong
ceaRshaf
Profile Joined August 2009
Romania4926 Posts
February 25 2012 10:20 GMT
#247
On February 25 2012 19:18 Dundron2000 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2012 18:51 CursedRich wrote:
why no rebroadcast? id rather that than vods


totally agree.. ive been waiting for leenock vs thorzain, game one, for 15 min and its halfway done.. this is stupid. im on 100mb down so this shouldnt really be a problem.


Sundance knows the website sucks. He gets it. :D
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
Archvil3
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark989 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-25 10:20:54
February 25 2012 10:20 GMT
#248
I watched till 5am CET last night before I could not stay awake anymore and crashed so I got a bit of feedback for you.

First of all I have to commend you for daring to be the first to make it PPV. It is a huge move and a very important one for the e-sports scene. Not that I dont want everything for free like everyone else but you are the first to make it clear for everyone that e-sports need to generate money and you are putting yourself in the line of fire doing so. You legitimize making profit, something that every other tournament organizer should thank you for, and its not just great it is needed for the longterm sustainability of the e-sports.

So far my 15 dollars as a gold member has been absolutely worth it. It is without a doubt the best foreign tournament and rivals the GSL in value. I do have a few things to point out that could be improved in the future.

Maps. Safe, borring and outdated are the words that comes to mind when I look at your map pool. New maps are not just creating variety for the viewers to get a different experience, many new maps are just better designed to create better, more interesting and more fair games. While your map pool is reasonably balanced, they are generally straight forward without positional features and technical terrain that allows a player to play from behind and for better players to utilize the map to gain an advantage. Your current map pool is likely balanced in winrates but many maps released in the last 6 months are designed to give advantages to the better players. You have always been extremely conservative about your map pool but it is not a moment too late to change that.

Dedicated observers. In one area GSL is lightyears ahead of every other tournament. They have a dedicated observer. Go watch a GSL match, then watch one of your own. Focus solely on the camerawork. Everything is so much smoother, so much more comfortable to watch and so few battles or drops are missed. In comparison the GSL looks like a studioproduction while yours looks like a guy with a handheld camera running across a bumpy field. Given your budget and what you charge for the event you should consider adding dedicated observers to your payroll. Yes they are performing a job that is already being taken of by a caster so it may seem like you are just throwing around money by doing so but the difference is incredible. It is probally the easiest areas to improve upon and the difference is going to be huge.

Staying logged in. I probally logged in 2 dozen times last night due to your otherwise excellent site being unable to remember me as logged in. Not gonna adress this any further, probally a ton of ppl complained about this already.

1080 lag. Your 1080 looks crisp, really outstanding quality but I would get a small lagspike every 5 seconds or so, so I watched in 720 all night. I read that many others had the similair problem. Tell TheGunRun to fix.

Overall it was really great, absolutely worth the bucks and I will support it in the future. Not perfect though, there is still room for improvement.
Let thy speech be better than silence, or be silent.
Nineball
Profile Joined December 2010
Norway163 Posts
February 25 2012 10:24 GMT
#249
Help a noob out, how do you reduce the vod quality? The sound is great here, but the picture is studder stepping.

I saw some matches before I fell asleep, the matches were good, tournament quality is good imo.
Dundron2000
Profile Joined October 2011
Sweden1140 Posts
February 25 2012 11:40 GMT
#250
On February 25 2012 19:20 ceaRshaf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2012 19:18 Dundron2000 wrote:
On February 25 2012 18:51 CursedRich wrote:
why no rebroadcast? id rather that than vods


totally agree.. ive been waiting for leenock vs thorzain, game one, for 15 min and its halfway done.. this is stupid. im on 100mb down so this shouldnt really be a problem.


Sundance knows the website sucks. He gets it. :D


haha yea, well he gets something, i think its to early to say that that something is infact "it". small comfort anyways when i spend 20 bucks to navigate a frustrating pile of steaming shit. i thought they were going to loop the stream oh god why MLG..
n.Die_Jaedong
Kulijo
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany49 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-25 11:53:56
February 25 2012 11:45 GMT
#251
There seems to be bug on MLG Website. I could nearly watch without breaks and I didn't pay. I was only asked to subscribe once in an hour or so and when I switched streams I could watch again. I use firefox with adblock.

Edit: Stream quality and layout was awesome btw but I wouldnt buy because it's far too late for me to watch everything.
Mord
Profile Joined May 2011
Norway171 Posts
February 25 2012 12:06 GMT
#252
Everything has been great apart from the lag europe seems to have been getting, at first it lagged on all qualities, then it only lagged on the 1080p option. The same problem doesn't seem to apply to people in the US, I'm sure you've heard this before but I'm just adding to the others who have spoken up about it.

Other than that a fantastic tournament, I'm glad I paid for it.
Kerm
Profile Joined April 2010
France467 Posts
February 25 2012 12:09 GMT
#253
Usually I dont like to complain.
However as I could not watch the first round yesterday I went ahead and try to use the VOD system.
As the video are really high def and my internet not great, I did what I do for GSL without any trouble : pause the video so that it load a little bit, to avoid lag. Does work at all with this MLG VOD system.
Thus i just switched to watch assembly.

Needless to say i'm hugely disapointed, as it's a paying service.

If anyone can MP me the place where I can send this to MLG/Twitch support, that would be helpful.

Thanks.
What i know is that I know nothing - [http://twitter.com/UncleKerm]
natebreen
Profile Joined June 2011
United States184 Posts
February 25 2012 12:15 GMT
#254
There needs to be an option to switch VOD between quality settings.

I can't load the 1080p super quick on my basic comcast internet and it makes watching the vods very taxing/annoying.
Meiffeltower
Profile Joined March 2011
Sweden674 Posts
February 25 2012 12:17 GMT
#255
totally unwatchable VODs .. sounds is great but picture is just a screenshot every 30 seconds.. so all VODs are messed up..

since we all are paying for this, that needs to be fixed..
LEEEEE YOOOUUUUUNG HOOOOOO
btx0
Profile Joined December 2009
Germany184 Posts
February 25 2012 12:31 GMT
#256
I couldn't watch the streams in 1080p either, the pictures froze every ~20 seconds for ~5 seconds, this is not a bandwidth issue for me or a twitch issue for that matter, I can usually watch multiple streams of similar quality/bitrate without problems, kinda disappointing that the payed service isn't working properly.
I just finished watching the VODs, it surprised me that there was no rebroadcast on demand since MLG usually does it this way, I missed all the fun/banter between games. Really takes away from the experience. :/

Another thing that mildly annoyed me that you could fix on the fly was balance between sound feeds, sometimes one caster is way too low while you can hear every breath of the other one, sometimes the game sound is too loud.
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-25 12:43:11
February 25 2012 12:42 GMT
#257
nvm
nekuodah
Profile Joined August 2010
England2409 Posts
February 25 2012 12:52 GMT
#258
The vods are just slideshows with some games still missing (idra vs oz for example) as a european who couldnt stay up all night id appreciate if you could fix this issue, watching a slideshow with perfect sound is really annoying.
natebreen
Profile Joined June 2011
United States184 Posts
February 25 2012 13:05 GMT
#259
Ugh I just want to watch the vods in a lower quality setting but it doesn't show up for me on either of my browsers... wtf
Snuggles
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1865 Posts
February 25 2012 13:31 GMT
#260
The amount of games MLG provided with the multiple stream layouts made the $20 worth it, but that's only for the SC2 fanatic. All of my other friends refused to buy it =(.

1080p had some lag issues, not sure if it was my computer being incapable of handling a 1080 stream or MLG's fault.
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 32 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 4m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Zeus 429
Larva 185
Horang2 69
Hyun 54
Killer 47
Bale 41
NotJumperer 39
scan(afreeca) 34
Sharp 31
Hm[arnc] 18
[ Show more ]
EffOrt 9
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto114
League of Legends
JimRising 461
Counter-Strike
olofmeister927
edward137
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King118
Other Games
summit1g7765
Coldzera 689
ceh9612
Happy365
crisheroes165
Sick163
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick570
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2276
League of Legends
• Jankos1039
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
1h 4m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2h 4m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
15h 4m
Patches Events
1d 7h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.