• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:27
CEST 02:27
KST 09:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10370 users

MLG Broadcast Feedback - Page 15

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 32 Next All
KurenTV
Profile Joined January 2012
United States24 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-25 18:54:47
February 25 2012 18:36 GMT
#281
I really enjoyed the broadcast yesterday. The main stream had amazing production value in comparison to older MLG events. One thing that I really liked was when whoever was casting would talk to the "peanut gallery" after a game. It was really fun to see Nick, Dan, Rob, Marcus and JP goofing around and talking about how a game went down. On that note however, I noticed that MLG has cut out the intros and outros by the casters on the VODs. I would much rather see a GSL like format VOD that doesn't just have the game but also the production around it (as the production is focused on the games at hand anyway). Besides the VODs missing the beloved peanut gallery, everything has been well worth my $20 :D Thanks to MLG for this awesome new PPV event
bbm
Profile Joined April 2011
United Kingdom1320 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-25 19:25:59
February 25 2012 18:53 GMT
#282
edit: i'm a stupid muppet and didn't realise arrow keys switch audio lol
By.Sun or By.Rain, he always delivers
MeatlessTaco
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States302 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-25 19:03:23
February 25 2012 18:56 GMT
#283
On February 26 2012 03:08 MLG-Kyle wrote:
Hey guys - 2 things.

1 - We're aware of the VOD issues and working on them:
- 5 missing matches
- Lack of quality options on most VODs
- a couple of incorrect video links
- a couple of videos get cut off

2. The login issues some people saw yesterday should be fixed. Please let me know if you're still seeing issues. The paywall is down for now for our free kickoff, but will go back up following the first series of the day.

Looking forward to a kickass Day 2


For people without a great Internet connection, you basically screwed us. Between missing, bad links and getting cut off, and the ones available stuttering due to no low-res. You shouldn't have advertised this feature if you couldn't deliver. I'm going to be asking for a refund.

edit: I've no idea how to ask for a refund, so I guess you made an easy $20. I can't complain, I should have known better.
bbm
Profile Joined April 2011
United Kingdom1320 Posts
February 25 2012 19:27 GMT
#284
On February 26 2012 03:56 MeatlessTaco wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 26 2012 03:08 MLG-Kyle wrote:
Hey guys - 2 things.

1 - We're aware of the VOD issues and working on them:
- 5 missing matches
- Lack of quality options on most VODs
- a couple of incorrect video links
- a couple of videos get cut off

2. The login issues some people saw yesterday should be fixed. Please let me know if you're still seeing issues. The paywall is down for now for our free kickoff, but will go back up following the first series of the day.

Looking forward to a kickass Day 2


For people without a great Internet connection, you basically screwed us. Between missing, bad links and getting cut off, and the ones available stuttering due to no low-res. You shouldn't have advertised this feature if you couldn't deliver. I'm going to be asking for a refund.

edit: I've no idea how to ask for a refund, so I guess you made an easy $20. I can't complain, I should have known better.

What am I missing? They have a low-res, they have 240, 480, 720 and 1080.... the 240p's pretty reasonable quality, it's better than GSL at least.
By.Sun or By.Rain, he always delivers
Hawke5811
Profile Joined July 2011
United States183 Posts
February 25 2012 19:34 GMT
#285
On February 26 2012 04:27 bbm wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 26 2012 03:56 MeatlessTaco wrote:
On February 26 2012 03:08 MLG-Kyle wrote:
Hey guys - 2 things.

1 - We're aware of the VOD issues and working on them:
- 5 missing matches
- Lack of quality options on most VODs
- a couple of incorrect video links
- a couple of videos get cut off

2. The login issues some people saw yesterday should be fixed. Please let me know if you're still seeing issues. The paywall is down for now for our free kickoff, but will go back up following the first series of the day.

Looking forward to a kickass Day 2


For people without a great Internet connection, you basically screwed us. Between missing, bad links and getting cut off, and the ones available stuttering due to no low-res. You shouldn't have advertised this feature if you couldn't deliver. I'm going to be asking for a refund.

edit: I've no idea how to ask for a refund, so I guess you made an easy $20. I can't complain, I should have known better.

What am I missing? They have a low-res, they have 240, 480, 720 and 1080.... the 240p's pretty reasonable quality, it's better than GSL at least.


It sucks that you're having issues, but your argument is kind of off considering MLG doesn't have control of your the quality of your internet connection.

That's like buying a new PC game, only to find out your PC isn't strong enough to run it properly. It's not the game developer's problem.

MLG should however advertise minimum requirements if in fact this is a wide spread issue (not sure if they have or do)
Perseverance
Profile Joined February 2010
Japan2800 Posts
February 25 2012 19:36 GMT
#286
On February 26 2012 04:27 bbm wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 26 2012 03:56 MeatlessTaco wrote:
On February 26 2012 03:08 MLG-Kyle wrote:
Hey guys - 2 things.

1 - We're aware of the VOD issues and working on them:
- 5 missing matches
- Lack of quality options on most VODs
- a couple of incorrect video links
- a couple of videos get cut off

2. The login issues some people saw yesterday should be fixed. Please let me know if you're still seeing issues. The paywall is down for now for our free kickoff, but will go back up following the first series of the day.

Looking forward to a kickass Day 2


For people without a great Internet connection, you basically screwed us. Between missing, bad links and getting cut off, and the ones available stuttering due to no low-res. You shouldn't have advertised this feature if you couldn't deliver. I'm going to be asking for a refund.

edit: I've no idea how to ask for a refund, so I guess you made an easy $20. I can't complain, I should have known better.

What am I missing? They have a low-res, they have 240, 480, 720 and 1080.... the 240p's pretty reasonable quality, it's better than GSL at least.


MLG gives the best video quality in the world, as well as the best tournaments in the world. I love watching the GSL but MLG will always be #1 in my heart <3
<3 Moonbattles
MeatlessTaco
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States302 Posts
February 25 2012 19:56 GMT
#287
On February 26 2012 04:34 Hawke5811 wrote:

That's like buying a new PC game, only to find out your PC isn't strong enough to run it properly. It's not the game developer's problem.

MLG should however advertise minimum requirements if in fact this is a wide spread issue (not sure if they have or do)


That's like.... not a good analogy at all.

I can watch hi-res GSL fine from the hotel. I can't watch MLG's 1080. I know: I should have known better. I did watch Huk fine in low-res, but the 2nd to last game was cut-off and then the last game doesn't have a low-res. I would consider letting Idra's game load for awhile, but it wasn't available.

I may be being too harsh, wasting $20 isn't the end of the world.
MeatlessTaco
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States302 Posts
February 25 2012 19:57 GMT
#288
On February 26 2012 04:27 bbm wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 26 2012 03:56 MeatlessTaco wrote:
On February 26 2012 03:08 MLG-Kyle wrote:
Hey guys - 2 things.

1 - We're aware of the VOD issues and working on them:
- 5 missing matches
- Lack of quality options on most VODs
- a couple of incorrect video links
- a couple of videos get cut off

2. The login issues some people saw yesterday should be fixed. Please let me know if you're still seeing issues. The paywall is down for now for our free kickoff, but will go back up following the first series of the day.

Looking forward to a kickass Day 2


For people without a great Internet connection, you basically screwed us. Between missing, bad links and getting cut off, and the ones available stuttering due to no low-res. You shouldn't have advertised this feature if you couldn't deliver. I'm going to be asking for a refund.

edit: I've no idea how to ask for a refund, so I guess you made an easy $20. I can't complain, I should have known better.

What am I missing? They have a low-res, they have 240, 480, 720 and 1080.... the 240p's pretty reasonable quality, it's better than GSL at least.


The VODs are 1080 only.
IntoTheBush
Profile Joined July 2010
United States552 Posts
February 25 2012 20:09 GMT
#289
The guy on Arena 3 is sorta annoying....He's very repetative, and has some rather dumb sayings. He does have good insight, but need to work on his delivery.
whiskypriest
Profile Joined April 2011
68 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-25 20:17:18
February 25 2012 20:17 GMT
#290
I've been getting streams dropping out (replaced with the MLG splash logo) at random times. Pretty infuriating when it happens midgame
Jiddra
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden2685 Posts
February 25 2012 20:18 GMT
#291
PPV broken, people can still watch for free after the first game.
I am not young enough to know everything.
d0n
Profile Joined January 2004
Germany143 Posts
February 25 2012 20:19 GMT
#292
lagging nonstop.
^^
Lysenko
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Iceland2128 Posts
February 25 2012 20:32 GMT
#293
On February 26 2012 04:56 MeatlessTaco wrote:
I can watch hi-res GSL fine from the hotel. I can't watch MLG's 1080. I know: I should have known better. I did watch Huk fine in low-res, but the 2nd to last game was cut-off and then the last game doesn't have a low-res. I would consider letting Idra's game load for awhile, but it wasn't available.



Isn't the HQ GSL stream something like 480p and 900 kbps? I'm pretty sure MLG's 1080 stream is more like 4 or 5 Mbps.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lysenkoism
MichaelDonovan
Profile Joined June 2011
United States1453 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-25 20:41:53
February 25 2012 20:39 GMT
#294
I think this is awesome. One thing I would like to see is more camera zoom ins on the players faces after matches. I noticed you started doing that on day 2 and I want to see more because I think that is really cool.

I also want to note that yesterday I was unable to watch anything higher than 480p due to lag issues, however today I am watching 1080p perfectly so whatever happened was good. Thanks guys.

I'm starting to feel like this was worth 20 dollars.
blindmaster
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany16 Posts
February 25 2012 20:50 GMT
#295
no more free stream available?
Dundron2000
Profile Joined October 2011
Sweden1140 Posts
February 25 2012 20:58 GMT
#296
some more light on the players on the main stream? i can hardly see the blue side so it kinda makes the player cam a bit pointless..
n.Die_Jaedong
Jiddra
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden2685 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-25 21:03:47
February 25 2012 21:02 GMT
#297
On February 26 2012 05:50 blindmaster wrote:
no more free stream available?


PPV still broken, like yesterday.

On February 26 2012 05:58 Dundron2000 wrote:
some more light on the players on the main stream? i can hardly see the blue side so it kinda makes the player cam a bit pointless..


The problem with having the players infront of a window.
I am not young enough to know everything.
MentalM
Profile Joined April 2011
Norway12 Posts
February 25 2012 21:04 GMT
#298
A few things...

You should have a twitch login to we do not have to login on EACH individual screen to have them all working properly, instead we should log in once and everything should be fine. Besides there is no way to see if you are logged in or not...

Yesterday there was no lag, today it is not going that smoothly, I have to go down in quality and my internet is 25/25mbit. Not really know why the difference between yesterday and today is that big.

Also hope you will get Day9 together with DJWheat in the future events <3
When did ignorance become a point of view?
Natespank
Profile Joined November 2011
Canada449 Posts
February 25 2012 21:09 GMT
#299
I appreciate that you created this thread. Thank you.

The stream lags. I have to run it at 320p. It's not my computer, as I can download 1.5Mb/s right now and load any other stream just fine. You guys need to double your bandwidth- not just increase it 10% or 20%, but double it. No, it's not torrents or other downloads or a firewall, it's only the MLG stream, everything else is fine It's been like this for MLG streams for a while now.

Also, having to reenter my password 10 times an hour is annoying- sorry, WAS annoying. It isn't happening anymore. Thanks

JP's casting: I honestly didn't like it at first, but I've come to think JP is a real asset to the community and he's my favorite co caster actually now. Not too shabby. I've noticed his improvement lately too, and no other casters have improved imho in the same way. I like it.

Lastly, I have schoolwork to do today. A feature that would alert me just as certain matches began would be super helpful.
archonOOid
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
1983 Posts
February 25 2012 21:13 GMT
#300
why are the amazing duo dumbing down there "act" at the winter arena? In the GSL they are catering the hardcore sc2 a bit more i think.
I'm Quotable (IQ)
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 32 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
09:00
#102
davetesta45
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 99
ByuN 50
CosmosSc2 23
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1726
GuemChi 1215
Artosis 581
910 39
MaD[AoV]16
Bale 14
Dota 2
monkeys_forever207
League of Legends
JimRising 751
Counter-Strike
taco 95
minikerr15
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox618
Other Games
summit1g8434
Day[9].tv657
shahzam500
C9.Mang0312
Trikslyr47
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick525
BasetradeTV204
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream18
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter147
• Hinosc 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur718
• Day9tv657
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
15h 33m
The PondCast
1d 9h
INu's Battles
1d 10h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 21h
Replay Cast
1d 22h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.