• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:15
CEST 07:15
KST 14:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7330 users

Player List for MLG Winter Online Qualifiers Released - Pa…

Forum Index > SC2 General
860 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 29 30 31 32 33 44 Next All
Shiori
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
3815 Posts
January 28 2012 18:01 GMT
#601
On January 29 2012 02:53 goswser wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 29 2012 02:06 Shiori wrote:
I used "fine" in the literal sense of the word, as in, I have no problem with that player being there. Again, I'm not insulting players by saying that I don't think they're competitive enough to be there.

TIJ got to the championship bracket where he proceeded to beat Attero 2-1 and then get 2-0'd by Tyler. The only notable player he beat along the way was WBC, as far as I can tell.

I'm trying to point out the grievous problems with forgoing an open qualifier: namely that you're inviting people whose only MLG results have ranged from winning the loser's bracket to getting mildly deep.

But I mean, I'd actually prefer to invite players like TIJ, Attero, and underdogs who have actually had to fight through the open bracket instead of people like LZ/Inc/Tyler who just seem to keep getting seeded. I want MLG to invite players who are in their prime NOW or RECENTLY, not players who did okay a year ago. See the problem?

No, you haven't been watching MLG's very much. Tyler has not been doing ok a year ago, he fought his way through one of the open brackets at an MLG, and has also beaten some good players in the championship brackets.

Where? The only open bracket I see him making it out of was at Raleigh. Everywhere else in the group stages I'm seeing 0-5.
Flytothesky
Profile Joined April 2004
United States591 Posts
January 28 2012 18:03 GMT
#602
On January 29 2012 02:33 The_Stampede wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 29 2012 02:06 Shiori wrote:
I used "fine" in the literal sense of the word, as in, I have no problem with that player being there. Again, I'm not insulting players by saying that I don't think they're competitive enough to be there.

TIJ got to the championship bracket where he proceeded to beat Attero 2-1 and then get 2-0'd by Tyler. The only notable player he beat along the way was WBC, as far as I can tell.

I'm trying to point out the grievous problems with forgoing an open qualifier: namely that you're inviting people whose only MLG results have ranged from winning the loser's bracket to getting mildly deep.

But I mean, I'd actually prefer to invite players like TIJ, Attero, and underdogs who have actually had to fight through the open bracket instead of people like LZ/Inc/Tyler who just seem to keep getting seeded. I want MLG to invite players who are in their prime NOW or RECENTLY, not players who did okay a year ago. See the problem?

Minigun is the best player in NA so you're crazy



If you think Minigun is the best player in NA, you are crazy.
What did Minigun do to make him the best player in NA? If so, where's his accomplishments?
Just because he's popular streamer and plays with Catz and few top NA player doesn't make him the best player.

Kluey
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada1197 Posts
January 28 2012 18:26 GMT
#603
On January 29 2012 03:03 Flytothesky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 29 2012 02:33 The_Stampede wrote:
On January 29 2012 02:06 Shiori wrote:
I used "fine" in the literal sense of the word, as in, I have no problem with that player being there. Again, I'm not insulting players by saying that I don't think they're competitive enough to be there.

TIJ got to the championship bracket where he proceeded to beat Attero 2-1 and then get 2-0'd by Tyler. The only notable player he beat along the way was WBC, as far as I can tell.

I'm trying to point out the grievous problems with forgoing an open qualifier: namely that you're inviting people whose only MLG results have ranged from winning the loser's bracket to getting mildly deep.

But I mean, I'd actually prefer to invite players like TIJ, Attero, and underdogs who have actually had to fight through the open bracket instead of people like LZ/Inc/Tyler who just seem to keep getting seeded. I want MLG to invite players who are in their prime NOW or RECENTLY, not players who did okay a year ago. See the problem?

Minigun is the best player in NA so you're crazy



If you think Minigun is the best player in NA, you are crazy.
What did Minigun do to make him the best player in NA? If so, where's his accomplishments?
Just because he's popular streamer and plays with Catz and few top NA player doesn't make him the best player.



Who's better than him? Maybe DeMusliM but I don't think anyone else on the NA ladder is better.
m2e
Profile Joined April 2011
United States108 Posts
January 28 2012 18:33 GMT
#604
On January 29 2012 03:26 Kluey wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 29 2012 03:03 Flytothesky wrote:
On January 29 2012 02:33 The_Stampede wrote:
On January 29 2012 02:06 Shiori wrote:
I used "fine" in the literal sense of the word, as in, I have no problem with that player being there. Again, I'm not insulting players by saying that I don't think they're competitive enough to be there.

TIJ got to the championship bracket where he proceeded to beat Attero 2-1 and then get 2-0'd by Tyler. The only notable player he beat along the way was WBC, as far as I can tell.

I'm trying to point out the grievous problems with forgoing an open qualifier: namely that you're inviting people whose only MLG results have ranged from winning the loser's bracket to getting mildly deep.

But I mean, I'd actually prefer to invite players like TIJ, Attero, and underdogs who have actually had to fight through the open bracket instead of people like LZ/Inc/Tyler who just seem to keep getting seeded. I want MLG to invite players who are in their prime NOW or RECENTLY, not players who did okay a year ago. See the problem?

Minigun is the best player in NA so you're crazy



If you think Minigun is the best player in NA, you are crazy.
What did Minigun do to make him the best player in NA? If so, where's his accomplishments?
Just because he's popular streamer and plays with Catz and few top NA player doesn't make him the best player.



Who's better than him? Maybe DeMusliM but I don't think anyone else on the NA ladder is better.

Can't tell if serious...
DJFaqU
Profile Joined May 2011
466 Posts
January 28 2012 18:37 GMT
#605
Jesus christ, how can I look forward to a thousand PvPs and TvTs.
mki
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Poland882 Posts
January 28 2012 18:43 GMT
#606
I just want to clarify some things in regards to Elfi and Nerchio not going. Nerchio has semester exams first off and second off isn't very interested in travelling to the US right now. Elfi on the other hand will be playing at Assembly. Otherwise they would've both been on the list. Don't blame MLG
Head of New Business at Team Kinguin :: https://www.teamkinguin.com
Logjamming
Profile Joined April 2011
United States37 Posts
January 28 2012 18:45 GMT
#607
On January 29 2012 03:01 Shiori wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 29 2012 02:53 goswser wrote:
On January 29 2012 02:06 Shiori wrote:
I used "fine" in the literal sense of the word, as in, I have no problem with that player being there. Again, I'm not insulting players by saying that I don't think they're competitive enough to be there.

TIJ got to the championship bracket where he proceeded to beat Attero 2-1 and then get 2-0'd by Tyler. The only notable player he beat along the way was WBC, as far as I can tell.

I'm trying to point out the grievous problems with forgoing an open qualifier: namely that you're inviting people whose only MLG results have ranged from winning the loser's bracket to getting mildly deep.

But I mean, I'd actually prefer to invite players like TIJ, Attero, and underdogs who have actually had to fight through the open bracket instead of people like LZ/Inc/Tyler who just seem to keep getting seeded. I want MLG to invite players who are in their prime NOW or RECENTLY, not players who did okay a year ago. See the problem?

No, you haven't been watching MLG's very much. Tyler has not been doing ok a year ago, he fought his way through one of the open brackets at an MLG, and has also beaten some good players in the championship brackets.

Where? The only open bracket I see him making it out of was at Raleigh. Everywhere else in the group stages I'm seeing 0-5.



Anaheim, where he beat Choya in the WB finals.
how
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States538 Posts
January 28 2012 18:46 GMT
#608
On January 29 2012 03:33 m2e wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 29 2012 03:26 Kluey wrote:
On January 29 2012 03:03 Flytothesky wrote:
On January 29 2012 02:33 The_Stampede wrote:
On January 29 2012 02:06 Shiori wrote:
I used "fine" in the literal sense of the word, as in, I have no problem with that player being there. Again, I'm not insulting players by saying that I don't think they're competitive enough to be there.

TIJ got to the championship bracket where he proceeded to beat Attero 2-1 and then get 2-0'd by Tyler. The only notable player he beat along the way was WBC, as far as I can tell.

I'm trying to point out the grievous problems with forgoing an open qualifier: namely that you're inviting people whose only MLG results have ranged from winning the loser's bracket to getting mildly deep.

But I mean, I'd actually prefer to invite players like TIJ, Attero, and underdogs who have actually had to fight through the open bracket instead of people like LZ/Inc/Tyler who just seem to keep getting seeded. I want MLG to invite players who are in their prime NOW or RECENTLY, not players who did okay a year ago. See the problem?

Minigun is the best player in NA so you're crazy



If you think Minigun is the best player in NA, you are crazy.
What did Minigun do to make him the best player in NA? If so, where's his accomplishments?
Just because he's popular streamer and plays with Catz and few top NA player doesn't make him the best player.



Who's better than him? Maybe DeMusliM but I don't think anyone else on the NA ladder is better.

Can't tell if serious...


Obvious trolls are obvious.

That being said, Shiori, while I can understand what you are saying, it just makes sense to invite players like LZ, inc, and Tyler. Will they win, probably not, will they bring a lot of viewers, hell ya. I am not saying that is a great reason to do it, but at the same time they are a buisness. On the other hand, they are all proven programers who have been in the scene for a long time. It is clear that they are not in their prime right now, but they are all proven to be able to be top class players. This could be the tournament where one of the shows that.

All that being said, I would like to see some more underdogs to be able to make their name, I am really hoping trimaster makes a big splash, he was noticed for a second, but he needs to show consistancy.
http://twitter.com/howsc
Frankon
Profile Joined May 2010
3054 Posts
January 28 2012 18:51 GMT
#609
Violet from EU...
A korean living in US.... Now thats strange.
tMomiji
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1115 Posts
January 28 2012 18:52 GMT
#610
Eh? Great list but I'm missing a lot of big names. Stephano? Hero? Dimaga? SeleCT? DongRaeGu? Mana? (Where has Mana even disappeared to; I haven't seen any of him since IPL 3!) Where are you guys...and no Destiny? o.o If Incontrol's there I'd expect Destiny to be there too...

Oh well. Here's hoping at least Kiwikaki and Inori get through for NA. That's all I need to make me happy~
"I wonder if there is a league below copper? If so, I would like to inhabit it." -TotalBiscuit "In the event of a sudden change in cabin pressure, ROOF FLIES OFF!" -George Carlin <3 HerO <3 Kiwikaki <3 MKP
cyclone25
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Romania3344 Posts
January 28 2012 18:52 GMT
#611
On January 29 2012 02:06 Shiori wrote:
I used "fine" in the literal sense of the word, as in, I have no problem with that player being there. Again, I'm not insulting players by saying that I don't think they're competitive enough to be there.

TIJ got to the championship bracket where he proceeded to beat Attero 2-1 and then get 2-0'd by Tyler. The only notable player he beat along the way was WBC, as far as I can tell.

I'm trying to point out the grievous problems with forgoing an open qualifier: namely that you're inviting people whose only MLG results have ranged from winning the loser's bracket to getting mildly deep.

But I mean, I'd actually prefer to invite players like TIJ, Attero, and underdogs who have actually had to fight through the open bracket instead of people like LZ/Inc/Tyler who just seem to keep getting seeded. I want MLG to invite players who are in their prime NOW or RECENTLY, not players who did okay a year ago. See the problem?


What did Catz accomplish lately? He didn't stand a chance vs Qxc or Kiwikaki who are not top players anymore themselves lately.
foxmulder_ms
Profile Joined February 2011
United States140 Posts
January 28 2012 18:52 GMT
#612
No Destiny.. That's a bummer for me...
Hardigan
Profile Joined June 2011
Switzerland1297 Posts
January 28 2012 18:57 GMT
#613
Can you pls update the thread with players that didn't show up, but gave a reason why?
Paladia
Profile Joined August 2003
802 Posts
January 28 2012 19:08 GMT
#614
Not sure why people are asking about this or that player. Almost all of those players are already confirmed for Assembly which takes place at the same time. The ones confirmed for Assembly are:

(P)BlinG
(P)HerO
(T)Jinro
(Z)TLO
(T)Kas
(T)Polt
(T)Satiini
(P)Seiplo
(Z)Stephano
(P)ToD
(P)elfi-
(T)SeleCT
(T)Strelok
(P)MaNa
(P)NightEnD
(Z)Moon
I can no longer rest under the tree of wisdom, since you have axed down the roots feeding it.
RinconH
Profile Joined April 2010
United States512 Posts
January 28 2012 19:16 GMT
#615
lmao at people opening any list but the Korean list.

No hope after seeing that player lineup.
HappyChris
Profile Joined October 2011
1534 Posts
January 28 2012 19:19 GMT
#616
On January 29 2012 03:26 Kluey wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 29 2012 03:03 Flytothesky wrote:
On January 29 2012 02:33 The_Stampede wrote:
On January 29 2012 02:06 Shiori wrote:
I used "fine" in the literal sense of the word, as in, I have no problem with that player being there. Again, I'm not insulting players by saying that I don't think they're competitive enough to be there.

TIJ got to the championship bracket where he proceeded to beat Attero 2-1 and then get 2-0'd by Tyler. The only notable player he beat along the way was WBC, as far as I can tell.

I'm trying to point out the grievous problems with forgoing an open qualifier: namely that you're inviting people whose only MLG results have ranged from winning the loser's bracket to getting mildly deep.

But I mean, I'd actually prefer to invite players like TIJ, Attero, and underdogs who have actually had to fight through the open bracket instead of people like LZ/Inc/Tyler who just seem to keep getting seeded. I want MLG to invite players who are in their prime NOW or RECENTLY, not players who did okay a year ago. See the problem?

Minigun is the best player in NA so you're crazy



If you think Minigun is the best player in NA, you are crazy.
What did Minigun do to make him the best player in NA? If so, where's his accomplishments?
Just because he's popular streamer and plays with Catz and few top NA player doesn't make him the best player.



Who's better than him? Maybe DeMusliM but I don't think anyone else on the NA ladder is better.


You kidding right?

DDE, Illusion, Gatored just to name a few
Vaapad
Profile Joined August 2011
Norway171 Posts
January 28 2012 19:21 GMT
#617
NA look so weak....
Duty is heavier than a mountain. Death, lighter than a feather
TissTuss
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden33 Posts
January 28 2012 19:25 GMT
#618
On January 28 2012 07:13 Detrimentally wrote:
This is going to be awesome! Although, Europe looks a little weak.


Europe looks weak? Coman! If idra dont win this NO ONE from america can win this. That doesnt go for europe.
McFeser
Profile Joined July 2011
United States2458 Posts
January 28 2012 19:29 GMT
#619
On January 29 2012 04:19 HappyChris wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 29 2012 03:26 Kluey wrote:
On January 29 2012 03:03 Flytothesky wrote:
On January 29 2012 02:33 The_Stampede wrote:
On January 29 2012 02:06 Shiori wrote:
I used "fine" in the literal sense of the word, as in, I have no problem with that player being there. Again, I'm not insulting players by saying that I don't think they're competitive enough to be there.

TIJ got to the championship bracket where he proceeded to beat Attero 2-1 and then get 2-0'd by Tyler. The only notable player he beat along the way was WBC, as far as I can tell.

I'm trying to point out the grievous problems with forgoing an open qualifier: namely that you're inviting people whose only MLG results have ranged from winning the loser's bracket to getting mildly deep.

But I mean, I'd actually prefer to invite players like TIJ, Attero, and underdogs who have actually had to fight through the open bracket instead of people like LZ/Inc/Tyler who just seem to keep getting seeded. I want MLG to invite players who are in their prime NOW or RECENTLY, not players who did okay a year ago. See the problem?

Minigun is the best player in NA so you're crazy



If you think Minigun is the best player in NA, you are crazy.
What did Minigun do to make him the best player in NA? If so, where's his accomplishments?
Just because he's popular streamer and plays with Catz and few top NA player doesn't make him the best player.



Who's better than him? Maybe DeMusliM but I don't think anyone else on the NA ladder is better.


You kidding right?

DDE, Illusion, Gatored just to name a few

Idra, Huk - if you are counting Americans outside Korea.
Sheth, if you are counting Americans inside America
Select, Violet, Rain, and Ret if you are counting people living inside of America.

Minigun does not qualify for any of these groups.
Promethelax still hasn't changed his quote
rEdEEmEd
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada68 Posts
January 28 2012 19:31 GMT
#620
On January 28 2012 07:18 _DarkArchon_ wrote:
Stephano, MaNa, Dimaga, Nerchio all missing? Instead from Europe we have Bigs, Pomi, Welmu, Xlord... ... ...



((((
And, well….he’s Jaedong. And because he’s Jaedong, he is probably pretty damn sick of 2nd places. And because he’s Jaedong, and he’s sick of 2nd places, he might just hit SSJ (Super Sayain Jaedong) level 2 and kill everybody. -Artosis
Prev 1 29 30 31 32 33 44 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
GuemChi 1315
910 96
Hyun 90
NotJumperer 52
Bale 39
Noble 16
Britney 0
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm185
febbydoto13
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King117
Other Games
summit1g7470
Coldzera 740
JimRising 621
hungrybox616
WinterStarcraft363
C9.Mang0302
PiGStarcraft234
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick676
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream24
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 30
• Letter1411
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2128
League of Legends
• Rush1101
• Lourlo901
• Stunt294
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
4h 45m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
5h 45m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
18h 45m
Patches Events
1d 10h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.