• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:06
CEST 16:06
KST 23:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7930 users

Julia "Ailuj" Childress' 18 minute MLG interview - Page 17

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 Next All
Beauty346
Profile Joined November 2011
United States48 Posts
November 25 2011 08:32 GMT
#321
On November 25 2011 17:31 Inori wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 25 2011 17:27 Beauty346 wrote:
On November 25 2011 17:25 Velr wrote:
Being in Master is nothing special for most people with half a brain that play more than a few games a week. Move on.

Is everyone on this board so mean? Makes me rethink joining.

Maybe the way he wrote it is a bit aggressive, but it's common knowledge that getting to masters is only the beginning of learning

Understandable but pretty much came off as a jerk for no reason.
https://twitter.com/#!/beautysc2
FryktSkyene
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1327 Posts
November 25 2011 08:32 GMT
#322
On November 25 2011 17:31 Inori wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 25 2011 17:27 Beauty346 wrote:
On November 25 2011 17:25 Velr wrote:
Being in Master is nothing special for most people with half a brain that play more than a few games a week. Move on.

Is everyone on this board so mean? Makes me rethink joining.

Maybe the way he wrote it is a bit aggressive, but it's common knowledge that getting to masters is only the beginning of learning


But isn't masters like the top 10% of a region or something? Aren't there a shit ton of bronze/silver?

Also, what the hell happened eariler today O.o
Snitches get stiches
Deleted User 61629
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
1664 Posts
November 25 2011 08:35 GMT
#323
--- Nuked ---
Monkeyballs25
Profile Joined October 2010
531 Posts
November 25 2011 08:35 GMT
#324
On November 25 2011 17:25 Velr wrote:
Being in Master is nothing special for most people with half a brain that play more than a few games a week. Move on.

Top 2% of SC2 ladder players is nothing special, gotcha. Gotta love the elitism.
Come on mate, pretty much everyone mentions their league when they introduce themselves.
sunman1g
Profile Joined May 2011
United States334 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-25 08:37:14
November 25 2011 08:36 GMT
#325
On November 25 2011 17:32 FryktSkyene wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 25 2011 17:31 Inori wrote:
On November 25 2011 17:27 Beauty346 wrote:
On November 25 2011 17:25 Velr wrote:
Being in Master is nothing special for most people with half a brain that play more than a few games a week. Move on.

Is everyone on this board so mean? Makes me rethink joining.

Maybe the way he wrote it is a bit aggressive, but it's common knowledge that getting to masters is only the beginning of learning


But isn't masters like the top 10% of a region or something? Aren't there a shit ton of bronze/silver?

Also, what the hell happened eariler today O.o


yeah masters are a super tiny % of each region (i think between 2 and 5)
but if you read TL or any live reports everyone states to be master lol
i wish TL added a feature that shows your B.net profile in your signature or something.
trust me we would have -90% of people being cocky or arrogant because i am sure only between 5 and 10% of those stating who are in masters, actually are... and you can tell from the amount of giant bullshit that they post in the live reports
FryktSkyene
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1327 Posts
November 25 2011 08:38 GMT
#326
We are the 98%.
Snitches get stiches
Beauty346
Profile Joined November 2011
United States48 Posts
November 25 2011 08:41 GMT
#327
I was really happy to get masters I thought I had some skill atleast, oh well. Do you run along telling kids santa is fake as well?
https://twitter.com/#!/beautysc2
Zzoram
Profile Joined February 2008
Canada7115 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-25 08:45:19
November 25 2011 08:43 GMT
#328
On November 25 2011 17:27 Beauty346 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 25 2011 17:25 Velr wrote:
Being in Master is nothing special for most people with half a brain that play more than a few games a week. Move on.

Is everyone on this board so mean? Makes me rethink joining.


the internet is mean, don't take it personally

Masters is good, there is a lot more room to grow above that of course, but getting to Masters so quickly indicates potential



top 2% without even being trained? that's really something. I've played hundreds of games and still haven't gotten past Platinum except for a short stint in Diamond.
Beauty346
Profile Joined November 2011
United States48 Posts
November 25 2011 08:44 GMT
#329
On November 25 2011 17:43 Zzoram wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 25 2011 17:27 Beauty346 wrote:
On November 25 2011 17:25 Velr wrote:
Being in Master is nothing special for most people with half a brain that play more than a few games a week. Move on.

Is everyone on this board so mean? Makes me rethink joining.


the internet is mean, don't take it personally

Masters is good, there is a lot more room to grow above that of course, but getting to Masters so quickly indicates potential


Thank you ^_^
https://twitter.com/#!/beautysc2
FryktSkyene
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1327 Posts
November 25 2011 08:46 GMT
#330
On November 25 2011 17:41 Beauty346 wrote:
I was really happy to get masters I thought I had some skill atleast, oh well. Do you run along telling kids santa is fake as well?


I hate to be the person to give you the bad news...but....



Also, the interview was very good.
Snitches get stiches
Velr
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Switzerland10962 Posts
November 25 2011 09:00 GMT
#331
Why do i think it's easy to go Masters?

Look at the divisions:
Half of them are empty/inactive. In my Diamond division only the top 20 had more than ~50 wins and iirc only the top 5 over 100... This was a few days before the end of last season (i stopped playing "often" around decembre last year, since than i might have ~5 games a month, most probably less).
Thats why i think AND it is easy to get Masters when you put in some effort. While masters might only be the top ~5% of all the players, it's also only like 5% of all the players actually putting some effort into this game. The rest is casually playing a few games when they feel like it. whiteout thinking about "Builds" or whatever else you guys think is required to get out of Gold (rofl)

Btw:
On TL there is bound to be a pretty high density of Masters-Players.. Or at least Diamond... Why? Peopel that go here actually care about the game..
The Guys i know that are in Bronze - Gold are people that really don't give shit and just play some guys for the pure fun of it whiteout really thinking about anything they do.
Zzoram
Profile Joined February 2008
Canada7115 Posts
November 25 2011 09:04 GMT
#332
You're pretty wrong. I have many friends who frequent TL and have a lot of games and are hovering around Platinum. Not everyone has the APM and multitasking to handle Masters.
Mstring
Profile Joined September 2011
Australia510 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-25 09:09:41
November 25 2011 09:04 GMT
#333
On November 25 2011 18:00 Velr wrote:
Why do i think it's easy to go Masters?

Look at the divisions:
Half of them are empty/inactive. In my Diamond division only the top 20 had more than ~50 wins and iirc only the top 5 over 100... This was a few days before the end of last season (i stopped playing "often" around decembre last year, since than i might have ~5 games a month, most probably less).
Thats why i think AND it is easy to get Masters when you put in some effort. While masters might only be the top ~5% of all the players, it's also only like 5% of all the players actually putting some effort into this game. The rest is casually playing a few games when they feel like it. whiteout thinking about "Builds" or whatever else you guys think is required to get out of Gold (rofl)

Btw:
On TL there is bound to be a pretty high density of Masters-Players.. Or at least Diamond... Why? Peopel that go here actually care about the game..
The Guys i know that are in Bronze - Gold are people that really don't give shit and just play some guys for the pure fun of it whiteout really thinking about anything they do.


So you're not even in Masters?

While it's true that it's just the beginning of the real learning, it's still a solid achievement.
prOxi.FighT
Profile Joined October 2009
Australia114 Posts
November 25 2011 09:10 GMT
#334
On November 25 2011 17:18 Beauty346 wrote:
Haha thanks I guess, I play on a laptop a MacBook Pro with a touch mouse pad tab. I was just informed that it is easier to play with a mouse so I am about to go get one and see how that goes. I mean I still do have a lot to learn but I think I am doing pretty good so far.


How is it even possible to click units with a mouse pad?
iMAniaC
Profile Joined March 2010
Norway703 Posts
November 25 2011 09:11 GMT
#335
On November 25 2011 15:55 Beauty346 wrote:It's hard being a female gamer. I constantley get trashed on from other players and it kind of sucks. I have been only playing since last season and that's why I don't do 1v1s anyone because I didn't know they reset and I was ultra sad. I mainly do custom 1v1s and so on.

add me and lets play :D
Beauty.346 (346 is my friend code)


On the off chance that you're actually who you say you are, I'd like to give you a couple of pointers:

TL.net is pretty strict on their forum moderation, and this seems to be derailing the thread. However, the Blogs section (look way down on the left coloumn) would be good place for a "This is me - let's play" post. Just edit in the link to your blog into some of your existing posts after you've made your blog and people will get from this thread to the new one.

If you're really a female Master player with lots of talent, you have some cool opportunities. Recently there was the Zowie Divina tournament in China for girls only. The participants were flown there from all of the world and the winners of the 5000$ and 3000$ prizes were no more than Master players themselves, if I remember correctly.

Every now and then, there's a female only tournament called Iron Lady which is a great chance for girls to make a name for themselves. One of the competitors for Zowie Divina was chosen mainly for her participation in that.

Finally, there's a group for girls called Girls of Starcraft, if you need someone to play with who won't trash you. They're also good at informing people when female tournaments etc. is going on.

And then, of course, there are all the normal (i.e. mixed gender) tournaments. We're still waiting for the first girl to even qualify for (Wiki)MLG or win a weekly tournament, so take a look at (Wiki)Portal:Leagues for an overview of what's going on. If you're really good, you may make SC2 history by being the first girl to win one.
FryktSkyene
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1327 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-25 09:15:16
November 25 2011 09:13 GMT
#336
On November 25 2011 18:10 prOxi.FighT wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 25 2011 17:18 Beauty346 wrote:
Haha thanks I guess, I play on a laptop a MacBook Pro with a touch mouse pad tab. I was just informed that it is easier to play with a mouse so I am about to go get one and see how that goes. I mean I still do have a lot to learn but I think I am doing pretty good so far.


How is it even possible to click units with a mouse pad?


Wait wtf? No mouse?
How do you make masters right away with no mouse/prior RTS experience....(I'm just assumeing you have none or you would know you need a mouse...)


Edit: Is Beauty346 Julia or some random troll?
Snitches get stiches
Beauty346
Profile Joined November 2011
United States48 Posts
November 25 2011 09:17 GMT
#337
I use a macbook pro so I use the square pad in the middle...It's not that hard. You just tap them and stuff....I've been using laptops forever with mouse pads so it's really not an issue with me. But I am going to post in the blog section so I don't derail this thread anymore and get in trouble.
https://twitter.com/#!/beautysc2
JustQuitWarcraftIII
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States679 Posts
November 25 2011 09:23 GMT
#338
On November 25 2011 18:17 Beauty346 wrote:
I use a macbook pro so I use the square pad in the middle...It's not that hard. You just tap them and stuff....I've been using laptops forever with mouse pads so it's really not an issue with me. But I am going to post in the blog section so I don't derail this thread anymore and get in trouble.


Holy...
LimeNade
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States2125 Posts
November 25 2011 09:29 GMT
#339
if you were even a casual player in Command and Conquer, Wc3, or even BW making masters is extremely easy. To say a mid masters could ever compete with a top tier pro grandmaster player will never happen.
JD, need I say more? :D
theBALLS
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Singapore2935 Posts
November 25 2011 09:30 GMT
#340
On November 25 2011 17:18 Beauty346 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 25 2011 17:16 Zzoram wrote:
On November 25 2011 17:11 Beauty346 wrote:
On November 25 2011 17:06 Zzoram wrote:
On November 25 2011 17:03 Beauty346 wrote:
On November 25 2011 17:00 Zzoram wrote:
On November 25 2011 16:52 Mstring wrote:
On November 25 2011 16:46 Monsen wrote:
On November 25 2011 16:33 Beauty346 wrote:
On November 25 2011 16:26 Monsen wrote:
I'll let you in on a secret guys: It's ok to like girls.

On the other hand, I can imagine if an attractive guy was really good at some kind of (solo) dancing, and joined a huge class with 99% women in it, he'd probably get just as much fawning + nagging along the lines of "he's just here to get the attention". So yeah. Not that suprising.

Love the lisp <3

edit: post above me smells like serious nerdbait.



Just read that and that's weird. I look like all my facebook photos, I am not even wearing any makeup in that photo. I am 17 I don't run around flirting with guys on sc2. I am here to game not for romance.


No offense intended. I'm just stating what's obvious to me-
5 Posts, very attractive picture (I can understand it's supposed to be proof), nickname "beauty" and last but definetly not least, 34b on the sign- I assume that's your cupsize??? Why bother with all that just to get games?

Again, no offense to you, but you surely see why it would smell fishy (no pun intended, hah).


Character code 346....

34b

346

Confirmation bias in action right here.


lol Monsen



So Beauty.346 how did you get into SC2? I tried a few times to get my girlfriend to play it but she doesn't care for it. Maybe I'm taking the wrong approach. We used to play WC3 UMS together a lot, tower defense and that sort of stuff, so she has some idea about how to use a similar interface and isn't entirely uncomfortable with it.




I am pretty much a chill and cool girl willing to try new things. My friends who I party with introduced me to Halo and other games then one of my super good friends (who is super bad at this game but I love him) introduced me to SC2. It was pretty easy to learn even though I still call zerg the 'bug' race.


How quickly did you get to Masters, and what RTS background did you have? Do you have to play more than casually to get to Masters?

I only play casually and I've been stuck in Platinum for a while. I would practice more, but almost any time I intend to play, I visit TeamLiquid first and see an interesting tournament in the calender side bar and just watch instead.


You're going to call bullshit but I got masters my first 5 games doing 1's, I did not loose a single one during my 5's or I may of lost one. I did team 2's 3's and 4's before I tried ones with my friend and his friends that were in his clan at the time. just So I could get more of a feel for the game. I made it to masters last season and that was my first season. My playtime is off and on I am hardley on during weekends and I am still in Highschool school so I more so play at night on weekends. I don't know what RTS means what is that? I did some tourneys like in clan ones but I am not here to make money to be honest I am just here to put guys in there place :-p.


Wow.

If you are for real, you have talent, and would probably be competitive at the higher levels with dedicated practice and coaching. Of course that life isn't for everyone, but it makes me wonder how many people are out there with this kind of untapped potential.



Haha thanks I guess, I play on a laptop a MacBook Pro with a touch mouse pad tab. I was just informed that it is easier to play with a mouse so I am about to go get one and see how that goes. I mean I still do have a lot to learn but I think I am doing pretty good so far.

You've got to be shitting. Please post a video of this I would be extremely impressed.
If you lose the stick, you'll always have theBALLS.
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 1106
RotterdaM590
SteadfastSC285
TKL 216
Rex126
CosmosSc2 35
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 590
SteadfastSC 285
TKL 216
Rex 126
CosmosSc2 35
Codebar 30
ProTech17
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 46783
Calm 2347
Shuttle 1814
Jaedong 1701
Horang2 877
actioN 640
Mini 634
EffOrt 600
Soma 600
Soulkey 404
[ Show more ]
Stork 321
Rush 272
Larva 247
ZerO 215
BeSt 206
Snow 201
firebathero 140
Zeus 95
Mong 91
910 73
Mind 68
hero 61
Free 59
sorry 58
Hyun 55
Last 52
Yoon 51
Sharp 42
Shinee 39
PianO 37
Pusan 36
Shine 31
JYJ 31
ToSsGirL 26
Terrorterran 24
Sexy 23
Hm[arnc] 21
Bale 21
Aegong 17
HiyA 14
Killer 13
Sacsri 12
scan(afreeca) 11
Rock 10
Icarus 6
Noble 6
Dota 2
Gorgc5364
Dendi1154
Counter-Strike
fl0m1956
Fnx 603
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King174
ChuDatz6
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes600
Lowko350
Other Games
singsing2162
olofmeister1301
hiko685
B2W.Neo341
DeMusliM217
Livibee187
Pyrionflax154
Liquid`VortiX132
Khaldor83
Trikslyr81
QueenE66
dupreeh43
ZerO(Twitch)12
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1320
Other Games
BasetradeTV194
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH205
• mYiSmile16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2055
• Jankos1688
• TFBlade538
• Noizen114
Other Games
• Shiphtur673
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
1h 55m
The PondCast
19h 55m
INu's Battles
20h 55m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 8h
Replay Cast
1d 8h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.