• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:16
CEST 07:16
KST 14:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7274 users

Listening to music while playing - Page 9

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 18 Next All
Spender
Profile Joined June 2011
Poland76 Posts
November 13 2011 15:33 GMT
#161
To be honest I don't think listening to music affects your play, not positively at least. That being said I do listen to music while playing for extended periods of time, I just make sure it isn't too loud, or too distracting. Usually I end up listening to some instrumental stuff, jazz, blues, lots of acoustic stuff, some very light electronic music like Emancipator, Miike Snow, rjd2 etc. I listen to a lot of heavy rock, metal, death metal, heavier music in general, but never while playing SC. It just doesn't do well together, neither does dubstep, imo.
~low-mid master toss.
TeCH_TT
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany63 Posts
November 13 2011 15:49 GMT
#162
when i listen to metal i get faster and i play more agressiv. that helps in some situations
Yoshi Kirishima
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States10382 Posts
November 13 2011 18:24 GMT
#163
On November 13 2011 20:35 Haze.884 wrote:
Touhou instrumental

ex)


Yay another touhou fan :D
Mid-master streaming MECH ONLY + commentary www.twitch.tv/yoshikirishima +++ "If all-in fails, all-in again."
BluePanther
Profile Joined March 2011
United States2776 Posts
November 13 2011 18:28 GMT
#164
Music makes me play worse. I turn it off during tournaments and competitive games. However, laddering with music is just more enjoyable, so of course I listen. Electro House.
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
November 13 2011 18:33 GMT
#165
Personally, I like dubstep or anything with a solid beat. Anything with a lull in the music is no good, because I don't want to be thinking about what I am listening too.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
FatalFlux
Profile Joined October 2011
United States6 Posts
November 13 2011 18:48 GMT
#166
Can't play without happy hardcore. No sir.
Rostam
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States2552 Posts
November 13 2011 18:54 GMT
#167
I listen to the music I would normally listen to anyway if I wasn't playing the game.
BW forever || Thall
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
November 14 2011 00:35 GMT
#168
Glenn Stafford. Terrans 123, Zergs 123. Bw nostalgic living in the 90's
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
MaV_gGSC
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada1345 Posts
November 14 2011 00:38 GMT
#169
I feel that dubstep makes me play faster but more sloppier. Calming soothing music makes me think straight and it feels good even after a win or a loss. No music makes me concentrate more at lans tho
Life's good :D
stokes17
Profile Joined January 2011
United States1411 Posts
November 14 2011 00:39 GMT
#170
Dubstep all the way!

I play protoss
cmen15
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States1519 Posts
November 14 2011 00:41 GMT
#171
No Joke i stared listening to Death Note OST 1 and have been playing amazing lolol but usually i listen to techno or anything fast paced.
Greed leads to just about all losses.
PenguinWithNuke
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
250 Posts
November 14 2011 00:44 GMT
#172
KPOP and dubstep are the only things I listen to while I play SC.

Funny that I don't listen to these genres of music when I'm doing anything else.
awakenx
Profile Joined May 2011
United States341 Posts
November 14 2011 01:07 GMT
#173
Oh god, kpop. Nonononononono.
WorstMicroNA
Clbull
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United Kingdom1439 Posts
November 14 2011 01:25 GMT
#174
Dubstep all the way.
zachMEISTER
Profile Joined December 2010
United States625 Posts
November 14 2011 02:22 GMT
#175
I think it has to do with a constant rhythm in your head. I know that when I listen to Trance or House, I tend to have better accuracy on my timings and my macro. When listening to music with lots of vocals and screaming, I have a bigger issue with these basics.
psillypsybic!
Hossinaut
Profile Joined June 2011
United States453 Posts
November 14 2011 05:13 GMT
#176
Music always decreases my skill level. When I play with music, I have been playing against mid-high plats... since not listening to music, my win rate has gone up and now I'm playing against diamonds in almost every match up. I am about to be promoted based on my win/loss ratio and etc... so yea :D
ThaSlayer
Profile Joined March 2011
707 Posts
November 14 2011 05:19 GMT
#177
Strangely enough, I play coldplay when i play
turdburgler
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
England6749 Posts
November 14 2011 05:26 GMT
#178
listening to something random like basshunter while having no sleep and playing ladder games is.... interesting
Balgrog
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States1221 Posts
November 14 2011 06:06 GMT
#179
Best music to listen to while playing is classical. Beethoven, Mozart, Wagner, all that stuff is the best IMO.
The only way to attack structure is with chaos.
Grimman
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Finland54 Posts
November 14 2011 08:56 GMT
#180
I sometimes do listen to music while laddering, but I don't see any difference in my play whether I'm listening or not. I also tend to listen to different kinds of music, so I can't really say what music is best to play for different races.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/Grimmani
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 18 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
GuemChi 1301
910 97
Hyun 92
NotJumperer 52
Bale 41
Noble 18
Britney 0
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm185
febbydoto13
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King117
Other Games
summit1g7357
Coldzera 732
hungrybox616
JimRising 608
WinterStarcraft363
C9.Mang0298
PiGStarcraft234
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick676
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 37
• Letter1410
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2130
League of Legends
• Rush1101
• Lourlo901
• Stunt294
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
4h 44m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
5h 44m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
18h 44m
Patches Events
1d 10h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.