• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:16
CEST 07:16
KST 14:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7307 users

Listening to music while playing - Page 7

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 18 Next All
Tweleve
Profile Joined March 2011
United States644 Posts
November 13 2011 06:50 GMT
#121
I love all the metal GomTVT uses in between matches for their leagues
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
theBALLS
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Singapore2935 Posts
November 13 2011 06:53 GMT
#122
i only listen to Muse when I game.
If you lose the stick, you'll always have theBALLS.
TelecoM
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States10870 Posts
November 13 2011 07:00 GMT
#123
How in the world do you not have a option for trance ? Vocal trance is the best for me when I play, I love to hear girls sing to me while im playing zerg bassically.
AKA: TelecoM[WHITE] Protoss fighting
Jaxtyk
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States600 Posts
November 13 2011 07:10 GMT
#124
KPOP and dubstep definitely
To tell the truth....I could beat anyone in the world.
blooblooblahblah
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia4163 Posts
November 13 2011 07:19 GMT
#125
On November 13 2011 15:53 theBALLS wrote:
i only listen to Muse when I game.

Ganzi beat me without stim. Ostojiy beat me with a nydus. Siphonn beat me with probes. Revival beat my sentry-immortal all-in.
GGPope
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia367 Posts
November 13 2011 07:22 GMT
#126
I listen to anything with a good rhythmic drive while laddering. Mostly jazz and hip-hop, sometimes straight up funk, sometimes electronic music or even tango.
DaCruise
Profile Joined July 2010
Denmark2457 Posts
November 13 2011 07:33 GMT
#127
I dont think listening to music affects my gameplay. However it makes those damn losses much more tolerable when you have pleasant sounds in your ears.
I play zerg and listen mostly to trance and psytrance.
CycoDude
Profile Joined November 2010
United States326 Posts
November 13 2011 08:02 GMT
#128
voting options are somewhat vague; you only ask if music affects your game play, but you didn't specify if it improved or hindered your ability.

music is a distraction and hinders my play typically. it's much much worse in fps games, as you can't hear important game sounds as well (such as people that are low health, or are sneaking by you etc). thus i only listen to music if i'm just screwing around and don't care if i play like crap as a result.
stolensheep
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United Kingdom306 Posts
November 13 2011 08:10 GMT
#129
I don't think music has any effect on how you play, I play zerg mostly, listen to lots of death metal, thrash metal, progressive metal and black metal when I play and don't notice any difference when I play with music and play without.
twitter.com/stolensheeps
Rexking
Profile Joined October 2011
United States45 Posts
November 13 2011 08:16 GMT
#130
I listen to eletronic/house and rap while playing as Terran. Also most of the time all the sound is off but the music.
"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." Bruce Lee.
RaNdOmOwNaGe
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia51 Posts
November 13 2011 09:03 GMT
#131
Best music for Zerg? KPOP!
Best music for Protoss? KPOP!
Best music for Terran? KPOP!
sigh.... I'll just go cry in the corner listening to metal while I play....
<3 ZealotS
ILoveCoffee
Profile Joined May 2011
Malaysia164 Posts
November 13 2011 09:25 GMT
#132
Honestly, it doesn't really matter. You will be so focused on the game that your brain will drown out any music that comes out. However, I still like playing music though.
Mago515
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States24 Posts
November 13 2011 09:33 GMT
#133
I can't play music when I play. I find it hard to focus on more then one thing at a time, so Starcraft is already very hard for me to play. Throw in some music to blur out some of the alearts and my already semi pathetic game goes to the doghouse.
Mago.951 - NA Procrastinators unite.....tomorrow!
seefour
Profile Joined May 2011
United Kingdom107 Posts
November 13 2011 09:46 GMT
#134
two words: in flames

in flames = win
"All war is based on deception" - Sun Tzu
Mord
Profile Joined May 2011
Norway171 Posts
November 13 2011 09:46 GMT
#135
Best music for Zerg for me, is anything fast paced. Genre is irrelevant.
Neelia
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany599 Posts
November 13 2011 09:49 GMT
#136
On November 13 2011 07:14 arterian wrote:
I listen to Digitally Imported's Vocal Trance channel. Vocal Trance seems to go well with basically any game


DI is awesome! Vocal Trance or Progressive all the way. But I only realise music is on during the first 4 or 5 minutes during a game. (Terran)
MasterOfPuppets
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Romania6942 Posts
November 13 2011 09:56 GMT
#137
Where is death metal in your polls?
"my shaft scares me too" - strenx 2014
Philipd122
Profile Joined April 2011
Australia776 Posts
November 13 2011 09:56 GMT
#138
On November 13 2011 18:03 RaNdOmOwNaGe wrote:
Best music for Zerg? KPOP!
Best music for Protoss? KPOP!
Best music for Terran? KPOP!
sigh.... I'll just go cry in the corner listening to metal while I play....


I feel you, but for me I'm more of a alt rock and rap kinda person
Oz | Leenock | GuMiho | Lucky | MC | PartinG | DRG | Mvp
Cereb
Profile Joined November 2011
Denmark3388 Posts
November 13 2011 10:06 GMT
#139
House Music!

But then again, I basically listen to house while doing most things !
"Until the very very top in almost anything, all that matters is how much work you put in. The only problem is most people can't work hard even at things they do enjoy, much less things they don't have a real passion for. -Greg "IdrA" Fields
YaShock
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Hungary119 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-13 10:32:06
November 13 2011 10:09 GMT
#140
On November 13 2011 07:19 ChaosTriggeR wrote:
I've noticed when I play music, I'm focusing so much on the game that I don't notice the music. I probably couldn't remember what songs I listened to at all.


Sometimes I'm so focused, that after a game I realize that I forgot to click play button on music, haha :D

EDIT: When I have a tournament or important match I listen to dubstep because it's fast and raises my APM, but when I play Ladder or just for fun, I usually listen to trailer, soundtrack, classical music.
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 18 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
GuemChi 1301
910 97
Hyun 92
NotJumperer 52
Bale 41
Noble 18
Britney 0
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm185
febbydoto13
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King117
Other Games
summit1g7357
Coldzera 732
hungrybox616
JimRising 608
WinterStarcraft363
C9.Mang0298
PiGStarcraft234
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick676
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 37
• Letter1410
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2130
League of Legends
• Rush1101
• Lourlo901
• Stunt294
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
4h 44m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
5h 44m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
18h 44m
Patches Events
1d 10h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.