• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:48
CEST 03:48
KST 10:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9110 users

Listening to music while playing - Page 8

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 18 Next All
Thrill
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
2599 Posts
November 13 2011 10:10 GMT
#141
The faster the beat, the faster my reflexes.

Same is true for my PoPoint score.
Madbanana
Profile Joined May 2011
Malaysia188 Posts
November 13 2011 10:15 GMT
#142
Can somone actually conduct a study on this, does k-pop really blend well with starcraft?
AUI_2000 Second place champion of our people.
Honeybadger
Profile Joined August 2010
United States821 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-13 10:20:25
November 13 2011 10:19 GMT
#143
Kpop burns my soul.

I listen to pretty upbeat techno, alterna-rock, classic rock, disney music (hakuna matata is the best song ever when you're smashing in a zerg's face) and most importantly, ska and punk.

Streams that have kpop immediately get turned off. The one exception is Rainbow, but that's because he trolls so hard it's epic fun to watch.

"I like to tape my thumbs to my hands to see what it would be like to be a dinosaur."
NagAfightinG
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom270 Posts
November 13 2011 10:22 GMT
#144
Oh man this is such a troll poll, everyone has voted Kpop
We live like animals thinking of the afterlive
Kyhol
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Canada2575 Posts
November 13 2011 10:25 GMT
#145
Metal.
Wishing you well.
asmo.0
Profile Joined August 2010
Norway318 Posts
November 13 2011 10:45 GMT
#146
When I started listening to music when playing, I was skeptical and felt it had to be something without lyrics and a fairly fast beat, so I stuck to only Apocalyptica, Escala and similar. But as time has passed, I can now listen to pretty much anything and play at the same level. It doesnt affect me as long as I enjoy the music...
If I try to play without music, things to to hell. I can't really explain why...

Best music for me is still most lighter metal genres, as it's what I enjoy the most in general and it has fairly fast beats.
Microsloth
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada194 Posts
November 13 2011 10:56 GMT
#147
Disney music in general I find great for Playing SC, but I particularly enjoy the Pirates of the Carribbean soundtracks composed by Hans Zimmer. TLO listens to them alot while laddering, it's just such epic music.
Double digit APM. ftw?
Linwelin
Profile Joined March 2011
Ireland7554 Posts
November 13 2011 10:58 GMT
#148
On November 13 2011 19:22 NagAfightinG wrote:
Oh man this is such a troll poll, everyone has voted Kpop


People have different opinions. Who would have thought?
Fuck Razor and Death Prophet
Fleshcut
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany592 Posts
November 13 2011 11:02 GMT
#149
Holy shit people love K-Pop and Pop... can't understand that.

I'm listening to nothing or dubstep. It's a habit because back in the days when Idra streamed a lot more I would listen to his music and automatically make a connection between dubstep and good, solid play. ^^ But from time to time I refuse to listen any music simply because it can affect your play by missing nukes (how many drones had to die because of my music...) and stuff like that.
Smapz
Profile Joined January 2011
Norway405 Posts
November 13 2011 11:05 GMT
#150
I've noticed that when I play I don't even know which song I'm listening to.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
gForce.
Profile Joined January 2010
United Kingdom345 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-13 11:11:05
November 13 2011 11:10 GMT
#151
Yes I do listen to music while playing, electro industrial / industrial metal / alternative metal, gives a kick to press them buttons faster heh, however when I focus more on the game, I completely don't know which song is playing...
Ktk
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Korea (South)753 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-13 11:25:15
November 13 2011 11:21 GMT
#152
TL's kpop bias showing, and I have no problems with this... </im so looonely> It was a dead-end poll anyways, basically "what's your favorite genre to play SC2 to?" mostly regardless of race. Not like a race has an objective musical personality, etc

e.g. I listen to what do you even classify this as; Terran

also, elevator music


.
Haze.884
Profile Joined July 2011
New Zealand192 Posts
November 13 2011 11:35 GMT
#153
Touhou instrumental

ex)
a
SuperGnu
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden240 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-13 12:07:47
November 13 2011 12:05 GMT
#154
I used to play with loud music, then i got nuked in my mineral line. After that i play with low music in the background so i can hear the nuke warnings. I am to used to SC/BW way of getting a nuke warning with a text, the symbols that is now i never see.

Usualy i listen to WhiteRA's Partymix (i like it) but sometimes i listen to Synth/Goth/Metal
From: TL.net Bot; This is a Warning! - Your posting sucks. Try to work on that. - Thanks in advance for your cooperation, KwarK
SuperGnu
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden240 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-13 12:07:38
November 13 2011 12:06 GMT
#155
fail edit, missclicked quote
From: TL.net Bot; This is a Warning! - Your posting sucks. Try to work on that. - Thanks in advance for your cooperation, KwarK
Cirqueenflex
Profile Joined October 2010
499 Posts
November 13 2011 13:11 GMT
#156
i listen to film music only
cannot stand metal, and other genres i like (rock, funk, 70's, classic etc) just either are too distracting or too annoying over time to listen to
but this thread rather seems like a troll thread to me, since there is only music listed in the poll that i cannot stand.
Give a man a fire, you keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.
LatsyrC
Profile Joined November 2011
Haiti76 Posts
November 13 2011 13:15 GMT
#157
i dont like to listen music while playing... specialy vs Zerg, u cant listen nidus worms and and missing drops is more devastating.
SyT3Kro
Gladiator6
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden7024 Posts
November 13 2011 13:24 GMT
#158
When I play faster music I often get higher apm but that causes me to make dumb mistakes and lose more often.

When I listen to classic music or no music at all I am winning much more since I am able to think more clearly and focus on what my opponent is doing, what should I be doing etc. Of course my multitask is not that much greater but I win more still.

~Mid-high master protoss
Flying, sOs, free, Light, Soulkey & ZerO
Ryndika
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
1489 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-13 14:45:58
November 13 2011 14:45 GMT
#159
Well when I play I don't notice the song I'm listening so I listen to certain type of classical music or trance.

Genre depending on race sounds pretty stupid btw.
as useful as teasalt
TRAP[yoo]
Profile Joined December 2009
Hungary6026 Posts
November 13 2011 14:48 GMT
#160
most of the time im listening to kpop regardless of my race. its just theb est thing while playing starcraft
FTD
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 18 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2003
GuemChi 1587
Artosis 665
910 65
Bale 17
ajuk12(nOOB) 11
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm160
Counter-Strike
taco 408
minikerr17
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox468
Other Games
summit1g7857
Doublelift2332
JimRising 521
Day[9].tv348
C9.Mang0340
PiGStarcraft279
Maynarde135
CosmosSc2 45
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick942
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream20
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 122
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv348
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
8h 13m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
9h 13m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
22h 13m
Patches Events
1d 14h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.