• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:52
CEST 11:52
KST 18:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9362 users

Heart of the Swarm Pre-Order - Page 9

Forum Index > SC2 General
733 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 37 Next All
Mauldo
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States750 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-25 00:44:45
October 25 2011 00:36 GMT
#161
On October 25 2011 09:24 Integra wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 25 2011 09:14 Mauldo wrote:
On October 25 2011 09:02 darthcaesar wrote:
what the fuck 59.99 blizzard said it'd be priced like an expansion



On October 25 2011 09:01 Integra wrote:
You should make it a little more clear in the OP that the release date OR price is yet to be finalized and that any information regarding this is speculation and only acts as placeholder until something more concrete comes around. Feels kinda misleading as it is now. Right now this thread does nothing but spread misinformation.



On October 25 2011 07:35 R1CH wrote:
The current price is an estimate by Amazon of the maximum possible price. As the price has not yet been set by Blizzard, it may be reduced nearer to release. You will be charged the actual price on the day of shipping.

+ Show Spoiler [Blizzard Pricing Information] +
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/game/heart-of-the-swarm-preview/faq

Q: How much will Heart of the Swarm cost?
A: We typically don't provide details about pricing until the game is closer to release. We do view Heart of the Swarm as an expansion set, so for the regions that have a standard box business model such as North America and Europe, we will price accordingly. For other regions that have alternative business models, we’ll provide details at a later date.

[small]Pre-orders can be cancelled prior to shipping. Box art is concept only. Pre-order is for US only, collector's edition and other countries will be added as they become available.


How much clearer do you want it? In big 90 font letters in Teamliquid horse letters with fireworks around the words "This is Amazon's typical Pre-Order practice. They always put the prices at a retarded maximum so that when the price does come out people never think 'Oh shit, I thought it was only going to be 20 bucks and now it's 60.'?"


Jesus Christ, this is like a Live Reply thread. OP whine, Blizzard whine, everything. Hell, I think I might have found some balance whine somewhere in here.

And I'll definitely be pre-ordering once I get some money, lolol. USA college students are always as broke as we can be without straight up starving. :S

You and Liquid`Nazgul can rant about this all you want, point remains that people will misunderstand the post regarding release date and sell price. you could fix it by making it more clear or just ignore it and call people idiots. Your choice.


How do you want us to make it clearer though? Like I implied in my reply, there's really no other way. R1CH said it clear as day in the quote I linked. How else do you want it? You're complaining, but not offering any solutions.

Is it not clear because you have to read to understand it? Is that it? Seriously trying to help here.
Avalain
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada308 Posts
October 25 2011 00:37 GMT
#162
I really hope that this is closer to $40. Not that I care about the price; I'm one of the people who has been telling everyone that the price will be $40 and I don't want to look stupid.

Anyway, is it at all possible to order the CE version through TL? Guess you probably won't know until closer to the date. Did you have the CE version last time?
You know what unit really has balance problems? Colossi. Why, they look like they could be blown over in a stiff wind!
FatalRuin
Profile Joined March 2011
United States45 Posts
October 25 2011 00:41 GMT
#163
I think I'm going to pre-order via TL but I need to know the release date first so I know if I want to ship it to my house or my dorm...
SeeiSee
Profile Joined March 2011
United States12 Posts
October 25 2011 00:43 GMT
#164
Let me know when the Collectors becomes available i know that im getting it for HoTS if i can :D
Do you see what I see?
Petninja
Profile Joined June 2011
United States159 Posts
October 25 2011 00:43 GMT
#165
I'll wait until the collectors stuff is available. I loves me some SC2 junk.
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
October 25 2011 00:44 GMT
#166
Sigh. I want a digital copy :<
Sorry TL
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
XastoC
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada59 Posts
October 25 2011 00:44 GMT
#167
So pumped!
StarTale So Good! | Life | Squirtle | PartinG | TaeJa | Stephano | MMA | DongRaeGu |
Liquid`Nazgul
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
22427 Posts
October 25 2011 00:45 GMT
#168
On October 25 2011 09:44 Probe1 wrote:
Sigh. I want a digital copy :<
Sorry TL

(can use this as a digital copy btw)
Administrator
Integra
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Sweden5626 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-25 00:48:51
October 25 2011 00:47 GMT
#169
On October 25 2011 09:36 Mauldo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 25 2011 09:24 Integra wrote:
On October 25 2011 09:14 Mauldo wrote:
On October 25 2011 09:02 darthcaesar wrote:
what the fuck 59.99 blizzard said it'd be priced like an expansion



On October 25 2011 09:01 Integra wrote:
You should make it a little more clear in the OP that the release date OR price is yet to be finalized and that any information regarding this is speculation and only acts as placeholder until something more concrete comes around. Feels kinda misleading as it is now. Right now this thread does nothing but spread misinformation.



On October 25 2011 07:35 R1CH wrote:
The current price is an estimate by Amazon of the maximum possible price. As the price has not yet been set by Blizzard, it may be reduced nearer to release. You will be charged the actual price on the day of shipping.

+ Show Spoiler [Blizzard Pricing Information] +
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/game/heart-of-the-swarm-preview/faq

Q: How much will Heart of the Swarm cost?
A: We typically don't provide details about pricing until the game is closer to release. We do view Heart of the Swarm as an expansion set, so for the regions that have a standard box business model such as North America and Europe, we will price accordingly. For other regions that have alternative business models, we’ll provide details at a later date.

[small]Pre-orders can be cancelled prior to shipping. Box art is concept only. Pre-order is for US only, collector's edition and other countries will be added as they become available.


How much clearer do you want it? In big 90 font letters in Teamliquid horse letters with fireworks around the words "This is Amazon's typical Pre-Order practice. They always put the prices at a retarded maximum so that when the price does come out people never think 'Oh shit, I thought it was only going to be 20 bucks and now it's 60.'?"


Jesus Christ, this is like a Live Reply thread. OP whine, Blizzard whine, everything. Hell, I think I might have found some balance whine somewhere in here.

And I'll definitely be pre-ordering once I get some money, lolol. USA college students are always as broke as we can be without straight up starving. :S

You and Liquid`Nazgul can rant about this all you want, point remains that people will misunderstand the post regarding release date and sell price. you could fix it by making it more clear or just ignore it and call people idiots. Your choice.


How do you want us to make it clearer though? Like I implied in my reply, there's really no other way. R1CH said it clear as day in the quote I linked. How else do you want it? You're complaining, but not offering any solutions.

Is it not clear because you have to read to understand it? Is that it? Seriously trying to help here.

How about adding Big red text at the top "RELEASE DATE NOT FINALIZED, SELLING PRICE IS A ESTIMATION FROM AMAZOM AND WILL CHANGE." ?

And to clarify: I actually understood, but I saw right away from the way the post was written that allot of people will miss it.
"Dark Pleasure" | | I survived the Locust war of May 3, 2014
soulist
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States932 Posts
October 25 2011 00:48 GMT
#170
I'm pretty sure it will be around 30-35
Evil Geniuses<3
Drizzt3
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States189 Posts
October 25 2011 00:50 GMT
#171
so they expect us to preorder a game without knowing the release date, the definite price, or the definite changes that are actually going to happen in the expansion? sounds LEGIT
"Before my time is done I will look down at your corpse and smile."-Brad Pitt (Achilles)
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
October 25 2011 00:50 GMT
#172
On October 25 2011 09:45 Liquid`Nazgul wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 25 2011 09:44 Probe1 wrote:
Sigh. I want a digital copy :<
Sorry TL

(can use this as a digital copy btw)

Amazon gives you a digital code so you can direct download and preload ahead of time?
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
AJMcSpiffy
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1154 Posts
October 25 2011 00:51 GMT
#173
Gonna preorder once I know I have the cash, definitely gonna be through TL when I do. And for the record, reading the OP made it perfectly clear how the pricing system work. Maybe this is a good opportunity for people to learn good forum habits like reading.
If the quarter was in your right hand, that would've been micro
Liquid`Nazgul
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
22427 Posts
October 25 2011 00:52 GMT
#174
On October 25 2011 09:50 Probe1 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 25 2011 09:45 Liquid`Nazgul wrote:
On October 25 2011 09:44 Probe1 wrote:
Sigh. I want a digital copy :<
Sorry TL

(can use this as a digital copy btw)

Amazon gives you a digital code so you can direct download and preload ahead of time?

After you receive the box you will be able to use the CD-key to download the game, so I think no is the answer to your question but I'm not quite sure what you mean.
Administrator
Amornthep
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Singapore2605 Posts
October 25 2011 00:52 GMT
#175
Any info the collector's edition?
R1CH
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Netherlands10342 Posts
October 25 2011 00:52 GMT
#176
On October 25 2011 09:50 Probe1 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 25 2011 09:45 Liquid`Nazgul wrote:
On October 25 2011 09:44 Probe1 wrote:
Sigh. I want a digital copy :<
Sorry TL

(can use this as a digital copy btw)

Amazon gives you a digital code so you can direct download and preload ahead of time?

You can enter the CD key included in the box into your battle.net account and download it from there.
AdministratorTwitter: @R1CH_TL
TL+ Member
R1CH
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Netherlands10342 Posts
October 25 2011 00:52 GMT
#177
On October 25 2011 09:52 Amornthep wrote:
Any info the collector's edition?

No.
AdministratorTwitter: @R1CH_TL
TL+ Member
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
October 25 2011 00:53 GMT
#178
Damn.
Oh well. I decided TL gives enough to me that I should give something back (other than buying a shirt to increase my apm while bulldogging)

Thank you, your order has been placed
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
CylerBelmont
Profile Joined August 2011
United States48 Posts
October 25 2011 00:54 GMT
#179
both of those links up there are tl referral links right? i just placed my order! :D
I only know two languages: English and Bad English
W00tbeer1
Profile Joined August 2011
United States33 Posts
October 25 2011 01:02 GMT
#180
Buy it here to support TeamLiquid
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 37 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 8m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech111
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 741
Soma 496
910 371
BeSt 333
Hyuk 313
Horang2 283
Light 271
Jaedong 124
Pusan 121
EffOrt 101
[ Show more ]
Dewaltoss 79
Stork 73
Shinee 63
ZerO 50
Killer 48
Mong 40
Yoon 34
Rush 33
Mind 31
Bale 30
NotJumperer 26
Sharp 26
sorry 22
ZergMaN 17
yabsab 17
ggaemo 13
hero 13
Noble 7
Terrorterran 6
Dota 2
XcaliburYe203
League of Legends
JimRising 372
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1443
pashabiceps794
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2373
Khaldor652
Other Games
gofns36595
singsing1368
ceh9635
XBOCT354
DeMusliM193
Pyrionflax156
Mew2King134
ArmadaUGS45
ZerO(Twitch)2
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick604
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream250
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH263
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2250
League of Legends
• Jankos1539
• Stunt443
Other Games
• WagamamaTV171
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
1h 8m
Stellar Fest
3h 8m
The PondCast
1d
OSC
1d 3h
Stellar Fest
1d 3h
OSC
1d 14h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.