• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:14
CEST 20:14
KST 03:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9384 users

Japanese Player Nemuke's Impressions from ESWC

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
Ansalem
Profile Joined November 2010
564 Posts
October 24 2011 09:20 GMT
#1
I noticed there was a Japanese player at ESWC this weekend named Nemuke and I found he had a twitter account. He qualified through national qualifiers and plays terran. He wrote a bunch of tweets about his experience and impressions of other players he met. I thought they were pretty interesting so I thought I would translate some of them.

"ESCW felt like a cultural exchange and my point of view was different from Japanese events. The players are probably used to it. I thought it would be a more serious, heavy atmosphere but it was surprisingly serene and there were many calm players. It felt like everyone was together having fun with sports."

"I got back from dinner. The portions of French cuisine are so big I was surprised. I understand why Europeans are fat."

"Today I played ClouD and Lalush and went 0-2 to both of them. With that my ESWC results are that I didn't take a game and went 0-10. It's a result that leaves me with some regrets. However, without feeling too down about the results, I'm looking forward to tomorrow and want to watch some high-level play at the tournament and learn."

"I'll write a little about my impressions of the European players I faced. IdrA, although famous on the net for being BM, isn't like that in real life. Lol. He seemed like a very calm person. His mood was surprisingly similar to breek. His body was impressive and it felt like he fit into the competition area very naturally."

"Cloud. Outwarded he seemed somewhat stern lol. He responded to interviewers very politely. This may be part of the European community, but everyone basically seemed friendly. If I invited someone to games, they would play with me plenty."

"The Swede Lalush. Btw, you read it Raruushu (T/N: I guess Japanese people didn't know how to say his name previously?) I only knew him from replays where after he lost he would say quite rude things lol. Actually his manner of speech and behavior was laid-back and he was very calm. His honestly was quite surprising lol."

"It seems afterall seeing someone in real life and reading what they write on the net or in replays is entirely different. E-sports players have sportsmanship. That is to say, they are essentially friendly and are careful about relationships at the tournament. More than anything, compared to the way I do things it is very positive."

You can check out his twitter here: http://twitter.com/#!/nemuke1
DaCruise
Profile Joined July 2010
Denmark2457 Posts
October 24 2011 09:23 GMT
#2
Great stuff. Europeans are fat!, lol.

...and Idra has an impressive body, rofl (though its true).
Ryncol
Profile Joined July 2011
United States980 Posts
October 24 2011 09:24 GMT
#3
Thanks for this, as a Japanese person, I hope that more Japanese pros come out and start competing in tournaments. ;D
Cocacooh
Profile Joined August 2010
Norway1510 Posts
October 24 2011 09:25 GMT
#4
Nice read, thanks
DivinitySC2
Profile Joined July 2011
United States244 Posts
October 24 2011 09:25 GMT
#5
Very intersting thanks for the digging/posting!

I really hope this is the start of the Japanese scene in sc2 as we dont have that many japanese players.
To Iterate is Human, to Recurse, Divine
Three
Profile Joined April 2010
Japan278 Posts
October 24 2011 09:27 GMT
#6
おもしろい

User was warned for this post
K_Dilkington
Profile Joined June 2011
Sweden449 Posts
October 24 2011 09:27 GMT
#7
haha fat Europeans! I find it interesting that he knows the players so well, e.g. that Idra and Lalush is known for bad manner.
Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by the age of 18
SwampZero
Profile Joined September 2010
Greece350 Posts
October 24 2011 09:29 GMT
#8
Funny how he has trouble pronouncing Lalush's name, seeing as the name sounds 100% the same as an anime character
iS.zemotion
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States246 Posts
October 24 2011 09:46 GMT
#9
Nice read thank you :D
instagram.com/zemotion | fb.com/zemotion | twitter.com/zemotion
Necrophantasia
Profile Joined May 2010
Japan299 Posts
October 24 2011 09:48 GMT
#10
Oh man, I did not know there were "semi top tier" level players in Japan. I gotta follow this guy on twitter.
HappyChris
Profile Joined October 2011
1534 Posts
October 24 2011 09:51 GMT
#11
Haha nice:D
Krehlmar
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden1149 Posts
October 24 2011 09:56 GMT
#12
On October 24 2011 18:20 Ansalem wrote:

"I got back from dinner. The portions of French cuisine are so big I was surprised. I understand why Europeans are fat."

Aww come on now, Americans and Brittish I am okay with but most of us are pretty slim and dandy.
My Comment Doesnt Matter Because No One Reads It
Kroml
Profile Joined September 2011
Turkey308 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-24 10:02:43
October 24 2011 10:02 GMT
#13
haha europeans accuse americans being fat, asians accuse europeans are being fat.

on topic: I really want Japanese gamers get into SC2 more. I hope he does better in the future.
JediGamer
Profile Joined August 2010
United States656 Posts
October 24 2011 10:10 GMT
#14
Yeah, people act different on ladder then they do in real life. Something people fail to realize a lot. Funny comments especially about Idra ;p.
http://www.z33k.com/starcraft2/coach/sc2coaching Tastosis Approved Coaching
Bear4188
Profile Joined March 2010
United States1797 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-24 10:13:18
October 24 2011 10:13 GMT
#15
Oh, very neat. A glimpse into community to which we rarely get any exposure.

It's pretty much universal that the players who are bm online are amiable at offline events.

EG workouts are imba.
"I learned very early the difference between knowing the name of something and knowing something." - R. Feynman
ElusoryX
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Singapore2047 Posts
October 24 2011 10:15 GMT
#16
wow haha after going 0-10 nemuke remains humble and no-rage good part on him.
xd
NrG.NeverExpo
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada2114 Posts
October 24 2011 10:18 GMT
#17
I think many people bm behind the safety of their monitors, but are too afraid to do it at a LAN. It's a good thing though, we wouldn't want anything like that in live events.
TwitteR: @NeverExpo follow me, i'll follow back :)
Manimal_pro
Profile Joined June 2010
Romania991 Posts
October 24 2011 10:19 GMT
#18
i hear idra works out and has a pretty impressive body. Anyone got pics of him?
If you like brood war, please go play brood war and stop whining about SC2
pt
Profile Joined November 2010
United States813 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-24 10:24:27
October 24 2011 10:21 GMT
#19
He probably meant europeans are bigger, not fatter.
EG-TL!
Ansalem
Profile Joined November 2010
564 Posts
October 24 2011 10:26 GMT
#20
On October 24 2011 19:21 pt wrote:
He probably meant europeans are bigger, not fatter.


Nope the word he used only means to be fat.
1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 47m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 374
ProTech173
UpATreeSC 121
BRAT_OK 78
MindelVK 22
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 2289
Calm 2197
Soulkey 963
Mini 565
EffOrt 441
Larva 325
ZerO 170
Dewaltoss 140
hero 81
Sharp 67
[ Show more ]
Shinee 55
sorry 48
Bale 24
Trap 24
NaDa 20
Terrorterran 20
Rock 13
scan(afreeca) 11
zelot 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
Dendi1437
XaKoH 510
420jenkins301
League of Legends
Reynor63
Counter-Strike
fl0m4332
pashabiceps776
Fnx 659
x6flipin403
kRYSTAL_4
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu520
Other Games
Grubby3337
Liquid`RaSZi1638
FrodaN842
Livibee174
B2W.Neo147
C9.Mang0135
TKL 93
QueenE81
RotterdaM70
Mew2King35
ZerO(Twitch)12
JuggernautJason1
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV223
BasetradeTV167
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream26
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 29
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2811
• TFBlade748
Other Games
• Shiphtur863
• imaqtpie644
• WagamamaTV402
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
5h 47m
Patches Events
21h 47m
The PondCast
1d 15h
INu's Battles
1d 16h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.