• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:26
CEST 14:26
KST 21:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon107
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
All you football fans (soccer)! Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8512 users

Do you macro like a pro? - Page 60

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 58 59 60 61 62 63 Next
Dontkillme
Profile Joined November 2011
Korea (South)806 Posts
June 03 2012 15:50 GMT
#1181
What is up with the players or the game where someone made over 160 workers by the 20 min mark :s
Bomber & Jaedong & FlaSh & SNSD <3
Arvd
Profile Joined September 2011
England54 Posts
June 03 2012 15:56 GMT
#1182
On June 04 2012 00:50 Dontkillme wrote:
What is up with the players or the game where someone made over 160 workers by the 20 min mark :s

At higher levels of gameplay the game used to have tonnes of more effective harass than now-a-days so it was not rare in later games for 60+ workers to die and zerg liked their 100 workers ^^ I don't think you will see that many worker kills recently but that is probably why so many workers were made in that game :D

Ps: Anyone willing to bet that that was Ret? :D
"The better you get the more you realize you are really bad."
Kaitokid
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Germany1327 Posts
June 03 2012 15:56 GMT
#1183
On June 04 2012 00:26 NVRLand wrote:
I feel that there is something weird with this.
I got an avg SQ of 70 (Lowest 54, highest 85) and I find this very hard to believe since it would be equivelent to high master while I am top gold (facing platinum players time to time). I calculated the stats from my last 10 games which had an avg. income of 650+ (Only one game was below 1100 tho).

Really impressive work tho! Kudos to you for doing this!



average income of 650+ but only 1 game was below 1100?
NVRLand
Profile Joined March 2012
Sweden203 Posts
June 03 2012 16:15 GMT
#1184
On June 04 2012 00:56 Kaitokid wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 04 2012 00:26 NVRLand wrote:
I feel that there is something weird with this.
I got an avg SQ of 70 (Lowest 54, highest 85) and I find this very hard to believe since it would be equivelent to high master while I am top gold (facing platinum players time to time). I calculated the stats from my last 10 games which had an avg. income of 650+ (Only one game was below 1100 tho).

Really impressive work tho! Kudos to you for doing this!



average income of 650+ but only 1 game was below 1100?


I chose only the games where the avg income was 650 or higher (for each game)
Xenocryst
Profile Joined December 2010
United States521 Posts
June 03 2012 16:32 GMT
#1185
Awesome im going to have to try to calculate ^^
_NIx_
Profile Joined June 2011
United States49 Posts
June 05 2012 22:00 GMT
#1186
I have an 81 SQ... but i'm diamond :I
MooseMasher
Profile Joined July 2011
Sweden42 Posts
June 05 2012 22:14 GMT
#1187
I get 100+ consistently and I'm low masters

Does that make me a retard when it comes to decision-making?
Tell future generations it was good for the economy, when they can't farm the land, drink the water or breathe the air
las91
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States5080 Posts
June 05 2012 22:16 GMT
#1188
The macro level of professionals has increased quite a bit since the original OP, I would be curious to see similar numbers from a more recent tournament.
In Inca we trust
OneBaseKing
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Afghanistan412 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-05 23:07:20
June 05 2012 22:56 GMT
#1189
On June 06 2012 07:14 MooseMasher wrote:
I get 100+ consistently and I'm low masters

Does that make me a retard when it comes to decision-making?


I'm in same shoes man, my macro is GM level but I'm low masters. Yeah, it's probably decision-making
Bumbler
Profile Joined May 2012
Germany10 Posts
June 09 2012 11:13 GMT
#1190
My SQ is about 86 during the last 5 games I played. (One game was a TvT macro game, where i have a SQ of 58)
But I'm just mid master.
I think that pros are constantly beyond 100 nowadays and decision-making has become more important then macro.
freakhill
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Japan463 Posts
June 16 2012 16:04 GMT
#1191
This severely needs to be refreshed. I'm bronze-silver and my SQ varies between 55 and 90 in 20mn+ games. (SQ 90 being the only game i managed to win TvP)
moo ForGG, Dragon, MVP, Gumiho, DRG, PartinG, Life]0[!
Abenson
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada4122 Posts
June 16 2012 16:26 GMT
#1192
great post O_O
Allscorpion
Profile Joined April 2010
United Kingdom319 Posts
June 16 2012 17:43 GMT
#1193
Definitely need a poll for thread of the year and this is no.1 for hard work.
Day[9] Made me do it
asdir
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany39 Posts
June 18 2012 11:55 GMT
#1194
@whatthefat: Have not read the whole thread, so forgive me if that has been asked before: Did you ever think about running a regression to try and determine if SQ is the best explanation for winning (or something else)?

If you still have the data, do you mind if I take a look and try my luck?
SuperMario
Profile Joined July 2011
United States1 Post
Last Edited: 2012-06-18 17:19:57
June 18 2012 17:19 GMT
#1195
would anyone be willing to team up and try to get a bigger and more current sample size??? i was thinking we could do 2 random divisions for each league(and all of Grand Master) and do the last three games each has played. What do you all think??? If we all take one division it wont take long.


Edit;typo
Scheme
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United Kingdom210 Posts
June 24 2012 14:44 GMT
#1196
Do you think there will be any major difference if you data was to be increased substantially?
Maybe if you set up some sort of way to upload excel spreadsheet with the data and peoples Battle.net profile you would be able to confirm/revise your formula.
PauseBreak
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States270 Posts
June 24 2012 18:32 GMT
#1197
I am a Gold player. I have a SQ like a Diamond/Platinum. But that obviously doesn't mean I play like one. Anyone can get themselves to mid and late game. Its all about engagements and handling situation which all comes with practice and a clear smart head. If you panic, like I do a lot of the times, little mistakes start adding up into bigger ones.

This thread is great! And has a lot of hard work in it. For someone who is having a good time in Bronze or Silver (winning most of their games) but can't seem to get out of the lower tier leagues, its probably because they SQ is low and they need to find a way to macro more effectiently. I think that's the key for those situations? Correct me if I'm wrong.
Orracle
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States314 Posts
June 24 2012 19:33 GMT
#1198
Interesting write up.

I tend to have 90-110 in my 20 minute+ games.
PersonDudeGuy
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada47 Posts
June 24 2012 19:38 GMT
#1199
Jesus so does that mean that the difference between top masters and low diamond is the difference between GM and masters at least in terms of macro?
Double hellion openings ftw
Recognizable
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Netherlands1552 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-24 19:53:25
June 24 2012 19:53 GMT
#1200
On June 25 2012 04:38 PersonDudeGuy wrote:
Jesus so does that mean that the difference between top masters and low diamond is the difference between GM and masters at least in terms of macro?


Difference between GM and low/mid is much higher than Top masters and low diamond in my opinion. When you are high master the mistakes you make and what you have to improve is much, much less clear than in let's say low diamond.
Prev 1 58 59 60 61 62 63 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10:00
Weekly #148 (SHIN Mod Edition)
herO vs KrystianerLIVE!
TBD vs Percival
CranKy Ducklings146
CranKy Ducklings SOOP46
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko395
ProTech141
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 3933
Jaedong 3244
Leta 1530
actioN 957
EffOrt 658
Horang2 561
Soma 413
BeSt 391
Killer 330
Mini 273
[ Show more ]
Rush 221
Stork 220
Pusan 152
Light 147
Barracks 124
Zeus 121
Snow 99
ggaemo 96
Larva 91
JYJ 63
Sea.KH 55
Mong 52
ToSsGirL 42
HiyA 41
hero 40
Bale 35
Sharp 28
Shinee 22
zelot 20
sorry 19
Sexy 14
Noble 10
Sacsri 10
JulyZerg 9
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6240
Dendi772
XaKoH 396
Counter-Strike
kRYSTAL_70
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes3495
Other Games
gofns37946
singsing1616
olofmeister1273
B2W.Neo616
byalli541
Livibee191
OGKoka 107
ArmadaUGS75
DeMusliM14
Organizations
StarCraft 2
WardiTV359
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream278
Other Games
BasetradeTV198
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV249
League of Legends
• Jankos1670
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
11h 34m
Kung Fu Cup
22h 34m
The PondCast
1d 21h
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.