• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:12
CEST 15:12
KST 22:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)43Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8537 users

Moletrap's casting for gom 'long term' - Page 18

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 78 Next
EricCartman
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada306 Posts
August 08 2011 06:05 GMT
#341
So many people sayin they loved him casting.. seriously? He just screams and literally hops in his seat. He cuts off doa and cant make a joke to save his life. On top of that, his knowledge of the game is TERRIBLE!!! (even kelly had more knowledge of the game).

Really perplexed at GOMs decision to keep this guy in the long run. Makes no sense.. I mean wolf/doa is SO AWESOME!! moletrap+anyone makes my ears bleed and my head hurt.

I will not watch games casted by moletrap.
GMonster
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
686 Posts
August 08 2011 06:09 GMT
#342
doesn't suprise me in the least. I think right now its between Doa and wolf. though. With maybe Doa in a slight lead because of his casting so well with moletrap.
GrandMaster Terran NA Server / Mod @ justin.tv/incontrol
Dox
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Australia1199 Posts
August 08 2011 06:13 GMT
#343
Damn. I have to admit, I started skipping matches when Moletrap started commentating the GSL. Congratulations to the guy and all, I wish him all the success in the world, but I personally can't stand his commentary. Wolf imitating Tasteless' speech patterns and phrases is starting to get on my nerves too.
@NvDox | Plantronics Nv: Rossi . mOOnGLaDe . deth . JazBas | @NvSC2 | @NvCoD | @NvLeague | @NvHearthstone | @NvDotA2 | @PLT_MF
aebriol
Profile Joined April 2010
Norway2066 Posts
August 08 2011 06:16 GMT
#344
I just hope Moletrap improves ...

DoA was fine, Wolf is good, so overall, it's not a really bad selection I guess ... just wouldn't have picked him.

Maybe when he learns the game better.
Beef Noodles
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States937 Posts
August 08 2011 06:20 GMT
#345
The reason I started watching SC1.

A nice bonus to watching SC2.

<3 Moletrap
neoghaleon55
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7435 Posts
August 08 2011 06:27 GMT
#346
MoleTrap and Doa were so awkward together.
Doa would be making funny jokes to lighten the mood and MT would just stare blankly at him half the time. MT really needs to learn how to cast as a team.
moo...for DRG
StoRm_res
Profile Joined March 2011
Switzerland891 Posts
August 08 2011 07:35 GMT
#347
I don't get why they wouldnt hire khaldor he applied and in my opinion he's one of the best casters out there (even in english).

well, this choice is not gonna make code A more interesting, too bad, because there are awesome players in it..
Sangyerians
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Australia248 Posts
August 08 2011 07:40 GMT
#348
I know GOM likes feedback, but TeamLiquid is pretty finicky about caster bashing. However, based on the general consensus of this tread, I'll add my two cents by saying I'll probably be turning off any stream he casts and not investing in a season ticket. It's just personal preference for me.
http://www.justin.tv/sangyerians
mardi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1164 Posts
August 08 2011 07:43 GMT
#349
Nice. Hopefully Moletrap will learn how to not interrupt his co-caster so often. He has great energy and enthusiasm, but I still see much improvement that he can do. That can be said of Wolf, DoA, and Moletrap.
blamous
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States377 Posts
August 08 2011 07:54 GMT
#350
Not a fan personally... and the things I don't like are very subjective and not things you can really fix (vocal pitch, use of tone in particular contexts, etc) but I hope he has improved the other aspects of his casting that he *can* improve (cutting off/talking over) and wish him the best. I'm sure he is very excited to be back.

I'll still watch because the season is going to be very exciting. Here's to hoping he ends up being a positive and not a negative.
Get YOUR games cast on NuubCast!
ReturnStroke
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States801 Posts
August 08 2011 07:56 GMT
#351
Nice...
brachester
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia1786 Posts
August 08 2011 08:00 GMT
#352
i thought they already chose doa and wolf??? or is wolf not casting anymore???
I hate all this singing
Skytalker
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden671 Posts
August 08 2011 08:02 GMT
#353
yes! I liked moletraps casting and he sure has given a lot to the starcraft community over the years!
Jaedong HWAITING!
cyclone25
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Romania3344 Posts
August 08 2011 08:05 GMT
#354
.... and I was so excited for the Code A matches T.T
Not only his random screaming is annoying, but he also has very little knowledge about the players.
Yannosh
Profile Joined August 2010
Belgium93 Posts
August 08 2011 08:09 GMT
#355
Doa is okay, I just really don't like wolf at all. I dont understand why most people do, he's so annoying, and his laugh is just horrible!
Mendelfist
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden356 Posts
August 08 2011 08:11 GMT
#356
In this poll, with a lot of voters:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=224271

Moletrap got better scores than Doa, on average. He also got more "horrible" votes than Doa so it's obvious that here is a vocal minority here that doesn't like him. I think the poll shows that it's a minority though. He also got more "excellent" votes. Polls don't necessarily show the truth but threads like this one, with a lot of bashing, can be even more misleading. It seems most people, including me, like Moletrap.
KiNGxXx
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
7928 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-08 08:14:31
August 08 2011 08:13 GMT
#357
I don't get this decision. There are some casters who are loved by a huge part of the community (e.g. Khaldor) and don't get a chance and they hire the one who gets the most criticism of all code A casters (edit: besides Kelly?)?
I don't hate him or something, I think he is ok but there are better casters. Really don't know why GOM doesn't look at the comunity. They always try to be close to the foreign viewers but this time...

Well, I wish him good luck anyways. And I will keep supporting GomTV ofc.
MKP|Maru|TaeJa|Mvp|Polt|INnoVation|GuMiho|Bomber|GoOdy|TeamTerran
Kazeyonoma
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2912 Posts
August 08 2011 08:21 GMT
#358
yay! he's official now, he told me at MLG but since he didn't announce I didn't wanna spoil! Can't wait to see you again moletrap!
I now have autographs of both BoxeR and NaDa. I can die happy. Lim Yo Hwan and Lee Yun Yeol FIGHTING forever!
thepeonwhocould
Profile Joined March 2010
Australia334 Posts
August 08 2011 08:25 GMT
#359
Wolf/Doa is the best hope they don't get replaced
Lifter
Profile Joined April 2011
United States126 Posts
August 08 2011 08:36 GMT
#360
Moletrap??? Hmm, not sure why he got called back. I'd even consider Husky and Bitter to be a better choice.

Wolf is great, keep that guy around.
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 78 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
IntoTheiNu 489
SteadfastSC173
TaKeTV 145
ComeBackTV 120
LamboSC288
Rex52
EnkiAlexander 7
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy12
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech178
SteadfastSC 173
LamboSC2 88
Rex 52
BRAT_OK 5
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 36099
Shuttle 3081
Horang2 958
Bisu 917
Jaedong 717
Mini 594
EffOrt 526
Light 443
BeSt 353
firebathero 342
[ Show more ]
Hyuk 314
Soma 312
Stork 264
ggaemo 185
Zeus 172
Snow 159
Last 154
Rush 143
ZerO 140
Pusan 90
Leta 81
hero 66
Killer 57
sorry 51
Sea.KH 50
Sharp 49
Mong 42
Mind 39
Sexy 30
Shinee 28
Shine 26
Aegong 26
Bale 25
ToSsGirL 23
Trap 23
Terrorterran 22
soO 19
NotJumperer 16
Yoon 15
Free 14
PianO 12
HiyA 9
JulyZerg 8
Noble 8
Sacsri 8
Icarus 7
zelot 7
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
Gorgc5281
qojqva1625
Dendi1003
420jenkins85
Fuzer 55
League of Legends
Reynor108
Counter-Strike
x6flipin501
markeloff127
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2011
crisheroes975
XaKoH 169
Other Games
gofns38745
singsing2193
olofmeister1477
B2W.Neo920
Mlord243
DeMusliM195
Livibee178
Mew2King115
Liquid`VortiX111
Hui .95
QueenE89
ArmadaUGS77
Chillindude18
Railgan12
ZerO(Twitch)11
fpsfer 0
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream130
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 10
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 64
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• intothetv
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix3
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1828
League of Legends
• Jankos2192
• TFBlade773
• Nemesis762
Other Games
• WagamamaTV183
Upcoming Events
OSC
10h 49m
Stellar Fest
23h 49m
OSC
1d 8h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 20h
Online Event
1d 21h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.