• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:48
CEST 18:48
KST 01:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8868 users

Moletrap's casting for gom 'long term' - Page 17

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 78 Next
SilentShout
Profile Joined March 2011
686 Posts
August 08 2011 05:08 GMT
#321
Can't stand his style. I don't like to give a harsh response but I'm only doing this because he is the only caster that turns me off from the games because of the casting. Really, no one else comes anywhere near as close to completely ruining the experience for me as he does. I guess I'll just listen to music while watching Code A when he is casting... Ugh.
Spaceball
Profile Joined November 2007
United States213 Posts
August 08 2011 05:09 GMT
#322
Great news imo, Moletrap is awesome and a long term position is well deserved!
JohnnyBlaze420
Profile Joined March 2011
Australia820 Posts
August 08 2011 05:10 GMT
#323
hmm not to be a hater but... moletrap and doa again..... really ? i think khaldor + wolf would've been way better
.lets get weird
theKOT
Profile Joined June 2009
United States167 Posts
August 08 2011 05:12 GMT
#324
For what it is worth I really like moletrap, even if he misses things sometimes. I'm excited to hear that one of my favorite casters of old is actually it is making a career of it.
FBH and Bisu. That's all you need.
lizzard_warish
Profile Joined June 2011
589 Posts
August 08 2011 05:12 GMT
#325
I actually really like moletrap, liked him since bw. I think the community as a whole would be far more receptive to him if it wasnt for his face, and I mean this in a non insulting way. Its not that hes ugly or something, some people just dont have a charismatic look, hes tiny and geeky [more so than the average], and I dont think his voice suits his face. I don't know maybe I'm being stupid, but overall in bw and prior to his arrival on tv, I think the opinion of moletrap was much higher, and then after people saw him a lot of people pulled back. TV is after all a lot about image.

Anyway, I like him and hes more energetic than the current commentators for code A, so its good to see him picked up.
ritoky
Profile Joined March 2011
United States6851 Posts
August 08 2011 05:14 GMT
#326
I can't say I agree with this move by gom. I am someone who has bought a season pass every time, and even stays up until 2am to watch the gsl live almost every night. That said, the only time when I took a break from watching was during the time when moletrap was casting. It might just be something personal, but his voice and his mannerisms are very irritating. Beyond that he is just plain rude on air, which is a stark contrast to the witty and humorous tone of Tasteless and the goofy and educational tone of Artosis that most of the other casters try to emulate in some way. I just don't feel as if he makes good entertainment. I would have preferred a Torch promotion to casting or even having Kelly back to this. All that said, it is probably a great moment for him as a person so congrats.
“When interest is at variance with conscience, any distinction to make them friends will serve the hollow-hearted.” -Henry Home
Skwid1g
Profile Joined April 2011
United States953 Posts
August 08 2011 05:14 GMT
#327
On August 08 2011 14:12 lizzard_warish wrote:
I actually really like moletrap, liked him since bw. I think the community as a whole would be far more receptive to him if it wasnt for his face, and I mean this in a non insulting way. Its not that hes ugly or something, some people just dont have a charismatic look, hes tiny and geeky [more so than the average], and I dont think his voice suits his face. I don't know maybe I'm being stupid, but overall in bw and prior to his arrival on tv, I think the opinion of moletrap was much higher, and then after people saw him a lot of people pulled back. TV is after all a lot about image.

Anyway, I like him and hes more energetic than the current commentators for code A, so its good to see him picked up.


His BW knowledge was much, much better than his SC2 knowledge. He was also a lot less shout-y than when he casting GSL.

If he casts SC2 like he casted BW I'd probably be a fan too.
NaDa/Fantasy/Zero/Soulkey pls
EricCartman
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada306 Posts
August 08 2011 05:16 GMT
#328
Wow.. worst news I've read in awhile. Personally, I hate this guy. I rejoiced when he left and now I'm terribly disappointed.

Jesus, are there not any other casters out there? Even HD is a better caster.
Dracolich70
Profile Joined May 2011
Denmark3820 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-08 05:26:06
August 08 2011 05:23 GMT
#329
It's kind of "funny" when people says Mole is rude and cuts off his co-caster. Artosis cuts off his co-casters endlessly(10 times the amount of Moletrap), and is still great(almost as great as Tasteless).

MoleTrap is very passionate, and just needed time to adjust working in pairs. DoA and Moletrap, just didn't work excellently together, maybe because they both wanted to prove themselves, and hadn't their casting roles down. It got better and better though. DoA had also just been adjusted working with Kelly, and Moletrap is a different personality, which made it hard for him as well, as a relatively inexperienced caster.
LiangHao
MooMooMugi
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States10531 Posts
August 08 2011 05:24 GMT
#330
I really like Moletrap's enthusiasm, glad to have him back
|LoL & SC2 IGN both my username| Just livin' the baylife| Hearthstone ID: MooMooMugi#1544| Dank Memer since 2011
Drake
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany6146 Posts
August 08 2011 05:27 GMT
#331
On August 08 2011 14:14 ritoky wrote:
I can't say I agree with this move by gom. I am someone who has bought a season pass every time, and even stays up until 2am to watch the gsl live almost every night. That said, the only time when I took a break from watching was during the time when moletrap was casting. It might just be something personal, but his voice and his mannerisms are very irritating. Beyond that he is just plain rude on air, which is a stark contrast to the witty and humorous tone of Tasteless and the goofy and educational tone of Artosis that most of the other casters try to emulate in some way. I just don't feel as if he makes good entertainment. I would have preferred a Torch promotion to casting or even having Kelly back to this. All that said, it is probably a great moment for him as a person so congrats.


but thats ONE oppinnion.
i as example LOVE moletraps casting its so entertaining and funny
i even know some people will buy just because of him ... so you see its just one oppinion
Nb.Drake / CoL_Drake / Original Joined TL.net Tuesday, 15th of March 2005
oxxo
Profile Joined February 2010
988 Posts
August 08 2011 05:27 GMT
#332
On August 08 2011 14:23 Dracolich70 wrote:
It's kind of "funny" when people says Mole is rude and cuts off his co-caster. Artosis cuts off his co-casters endlessly(10 times the amount of Moletrap), and is still great(almost as great as Tasteless).

MoleTrap is very passionate, and just needed time to adjust working in pairs. DoA and Moletrap, just didn't work excellently together, maybe because they both wanted to prove themselves, and hadn't their casting roles down. It got better and better though. DoA had also just been adjusted working with Kelly, and Moletrap is a different personality, which made it hard for him as well, as a relatively inexperienced caster.


Moletrap cuts off his cocasters FAR more often than Artosis. He also does it at opportune times. Trying to compare his habit of cutting in and Artosis with Tasteless is just ridiculous.
pepperman
Profile Joined June 2011
United States180 Posts
August 08 2011 05:32 GMT
#333
Honestly Moletrap's voice makes my head hurt.
Mun Seong-Won!
Dracolich70
Profile Joined May 2011
Denmark3820 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-08 05:37:13
August 08 2011 05:32 GMT
#334
On August 08 2011 14:27 oxxo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2011 14:23 Dracolich70 wrote:
It's kind of "funny" when people says Mole is rude and cuts off his co-caster. Artosis cuts off his co-casters endlessly(10 times the amount of Moletrap), and is still great(almost as great as Tasteless).

MoleTrap is very passionate, and just needed time to adjust working in pairs. DoA and Moletrap, just didn't work excellently together, maybe because they both wanted to prove themselves, and hadn't their casting roles down. It got better and better though. DoA had also just been adjusted working with Kelly, and Moletrap is a different personality, which made it hard for him as well, as a relatively inexperienced caster.


Moletrap cuts off his cocasters FAR more often than Artosis. He also does it at opportune times. Trying to compare his habit of cutting in and Artosis with Tasteless is just ridiculous.
Artosis cuts off Tasteless every minute. It just works well, because they are used to working together, and Tasteless handles it excellently.

You are being ridiculous. Mole and Doa just mistimed when they wanted to say something, due to not accustomed working together. DoA is inexperienced and Mole is used to solo cast for years. Cut him/them a break.
LiangHao
gonzomd
Profile Joined May 2009
United States65 Posts
August 08 2011 05:34 GMT
#335
I subscribed to the last two GSLs and this GSTL.This news solidifies my decision to sit out the next round of tournament coverage. I was so relieved when he stopped casting. At the time I thought, "wow, the GSL really takes viewer feedback seriously." Oh well, best of luck to him I suppose.
lizzard_warish
Profile Joined June 2011
589 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-08 05:35:39
August 08 2011 05:35 GMT
#336
Yeah I know from watching moletrap extensively in BW that hes not this arrogant blowhard everyone is playing him off to be, he cocasted constantly and would allow others to speak. Its just hard to perfectly sync up with people especially if they cast at a pace your not acustom to and you have a lot of experience. Old habits die hard and all that.
ucDarchon
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany119 Posts
August 08 2011 05:38 GMT
#337
This makes me really happy ^_^ gl Moletrap!
Sc2Null
Profile Joined April 2011
United States3754 Posts
August 08 2011 05:48 GMT
#338
sighs..it was good while it lasted I guess...Is wolf leaving?
The great Spaghetti vs Screwdriver debacle of June '12" - Porcelina
Tachion
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada8573 Posts
August 08 2011 05:51 GMT
#339
Casting skill aside, he never seemed to mesh well with his co-casters. Doa and Wolf are pretty nerdy and when they start talking about that stuff, which is frequently, he kinda just gives them a weird look and shrugs his shoulders.
i was driving down the road this november eve and spotted a hitchhiker walking down the street. i pulled over and saw that it was only a tree. i uprooted it and put it in my trunk. do trees like marshmallow peeps? cause that's all i have and will have.
synkronized
Profile Joined June 2011
United States125 Posts
August 08 2011 06:05 GMT
#340
On August 08 2011 14:12 lizzard_warish wrote:
I actually really like moletrap, liked him since bw. I think the community as a whole would be far more receptive to him if it wasnt for his face, and I mean this in a non insulting way. Its not that hes ugly or something, some people just dont have a charismatic look, hes tiny and geeky [more so than the average], and I dont think his voice suits his face. I don't know maybe I'm being stupid, but overall in bw and prior to his arrival on tv, I think the opinion of moletrap was much higher, and then after people saw him a lot of people pulled back. TV is after all a lot about image.

Anyway, I like him and hes more energetic than the current commentators for code A, so its good to see him picked up.

I don't think appearance has anything to do with it. Many of the casters aren't super handsome. Personally I find his voice to be somewhat grating, which makes it difficult to warm up to.

Other than that, I haven't watched him enough to really build up any strong opinion of him.
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 78 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 12m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Codebar 37
mouzHeroMarine 22
UpATreeSC 8
StarCraft: Brood War
EffOrt 1288
Shuttle 1142
Soma 677
Mini 674
Rush 462
actioN 457
Light 362
Larva 334
BeSt 222
Snow 161
[ Show more ]
hero 129
firebathero 108
Dewaltoss 77
Zeus 67
Barracks 58
Liquid`Ret 56
JYJ 27
Sexy 27
soO 25
ToSsGirL 24
Bale 24
Shine 24
Trap 19
sorry 14
Terrorterran 14
zelot 14
Rock 11
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc8273
qojqva2068
Dendi883
420jenkins169
Counter-Strike
Fnx 778
pashabiceps684
x6flipin459
ceh9378
edward80
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes5742
Grubby3384
Liquid`Hasu219
Other Games
Beastyqt463
byalli460
B2W.Neo438
Khaldor212
DeMusliM157
Liquid`VortiX152
KnowMe128
ArmadaUGS113
BRAT_OK 83
Trikslyr54
TKL 53
C9.Mang052
Railgan4
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV250
BasetradeTV212
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream131
[ Show 20 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH248
• StrangeGG 83
• mYiSmile124
• Reevou 4
• intothetv
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 12
• FirePhoenix10
• Azhi_Dahaki3
• 80smullet 1
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV436
League of Legends
• Nemesis2849
• TFBlade785
Other Games
• Shiphtur271
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
7h 12m
Kung Fu Cup
18h 12m
The PondCast
1d 17h
OSC
1d 20h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.