• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:36
CEST 23:36
KST 06:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11427 users

Moletrap's casting for gom 'long term' - Page 20

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 78 Next
ZergX
Profile Joined October 2010
France436 Posts
August 08 2011 09:12 GMT
#381
MoleTrap rulz ! ♥
Nestea fightingg ! DRG fightingggg !! Sen fightinggg ! July fighting ! SoO fighting !
karpo
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden1998 Posts
August 08 2011 09:13 GMT
#382
On August 08 2011 18:12 february wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2011 15:05 EricCartman wrote:
So many people sayin they loved him casting.. seriously? He just screams and literally hops in his seat. He cuts off doa and cant make a joke to save his life. On top of that, his knowledge of the game is TERRIBLE!!! (even kelly had more knowledge of the game).

Really perplexed at GOMs decision to keep this guy in the long run. Makes no sense.. I mean wolf/doa is SO AWESOME!! moletrap+anyone makes my ears bleed and my head hurt.

I will not watch games casted by moletrap.


Jeez, look at this guy.

Yeah, I'm super happy for Moletrap, he's a great, animated, old school caster who deserves so much more respect than he gets from the SC2 community.


I agree. The only thing i agree with is that he interrupts cocasters a bit to much. I'm guessing he's read that countless times on forums and PM's by now and will improve. <3
MetalLobster
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada532 Posts
August 08 2011 09:13 GMT
#383
I hope he improved, I wasn't much of a fan of moletrap because he doesn't work well with other casters. Either way, GL with your trip.
Titorelli
Profile Joined March 2011
2492 Posts
August 08 2011 09:15 GMT
#384
Hmm okay I will give him a second chance but the last time I reaaally didnt like him. I just couldnt watch Code A matches.
"Everybody poops.... after Tasteless kills them" Artosis
fant0m
Profile Joined May 2010
964 Posts
August 08 2011 09:17 GMT
#385
The one thing I don't understand are the comments about Moletrap's game knowledge.

I think some people need to go back and watch his games again. Wolf and Doa both have that "not top player" vibe. Artosis is obviously on a level where he could be a progamer in his game knowledge. Wolf and Doa both have some knowledge of their own race, but don't know the tip top ins and outs of even that.

I was always impressed with Moletrap's ability to perceive what was going on in a game. I haven't heard him since he last casted though, let's see what happens.
Cosmos
Profile Joined March 2010
Belgium1077 Posts
August 08 2011 09:23 GMT
#386
On August 08 2011 06:33 Demonhunter04 wrote:
I found his voice too irritating, personally. Sucks for me, but good for those who enjoy his casting lol.



Aggree, guess a lot of people just will skip code A :s
http://www.twitch.tv/becosmos
fant0m
Profile Joined May 2010
964 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-08 09:24:38
August 08 2011 09:24 GMT
#387
On August 08 2011 18:03 maartendq wrote:
Like I said, even if the numbers were relevant, Moletrap is rather mediocre as a caster.


I think you should go back and read that thread more. See, words have a specific definition most of the time. In the English language, "Mediocre," especially "rather mediocre," usually carries a connotation and definition VERY SIMILAR to the word "average."

Moletrap did NOT have a lot of "average" votes, he had a lot of "good" votes. Good =/= mediocre.
Snickersnee
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States241 Posts
August 08 2011 09:27 GMT
#388
nice to hear he is coming back. I really enjoyed his casting in GSL.
Had an idea that combines the intimate moment of delivering babies with Crazy Taxi last night. Can emotional arcade style gaming work?
Pred8oar
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany281 Posts
August 08 2011 09:42 GMT
#389
I dont like his casting, he always screams a lot making my ears hurt because marines are clearing a watchtower for example. I just dont like him as a caster, hopefully he has improved but i doubt his casting "style" has changed :/
kOre
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada3642 Posts
August 08 2011 09:42 GMT
#390
GOOOOOOO MOLETRAP! For all us oldies! lol
http://www.starcraftmecca.net - Founder
Laevateinn
Profile Joined November 2010
Norway115 Posts
August 08 2011 09:52 GMT
#391
Awesome, well done Moletrap.
Tofugrinder
Profile Joined September 2010
Austria899 Posts
August 08 2011 10:01 GMT
#392
oh my god.. doa and moletrap again -.-

guess that's it for code a unmuted for me. in my opinion they did'nt make a good show, had terrible "jokes" and none of them made strategic analysis
Ygz
Profile Joined June 2010
England370 Posts
August 08 2011 10:51 GMT
#393
Moletrap is definitely the Marmite of casters it seems. Sadly I too don't enjoy his casting. Nice guy and all am sure but I'm not sure if it's his chemistry with his co caster, his voice or his actual casting ability that I find irritating. I just can't gel with him. Now doa and wolf on the other hand have been great imo.
Everything Newton said.
Cabinet Sanchez
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia1097 Posts
August 08 2011 11:09 GMT
#394
Goddamnit why couldn't they hire Torch? He's actually really good :/
At least they didn't hire the Aussie guy, his voice slays me, I can't endure that accent.
han_han
Profile Joined October 2010
United States205 Posts
August 08 2011 11:31 GMT
#395
Drat! I can't stand moletrap! IMHO his voice is slightly irritating and his commentary feels shallow and uninteresting. I don't enjoy his casts, but I still pay for the season tickets and I still watch the games he casts. Why? Because e-sports is awesome and I can tolerate moletrap for the sake of seeing these high level players slaughter each other in tournaments!
Gao Xi
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Hong Kong5178 Posts
August 08 2011 12:04 GMT
#396
Didn't like him in BW, don't like him now.
But I guess congratz on getting the job.
龔智禮 _________________________________________________________________________________________________ CJ NATION
Saicam
Profile Joined July 2011
262 Posts
August 08 2011 12:20 GMT
#397
Not the best of news
snafoo
Profile Joined August 2010
New Zealand1615 Posts
August 08 2011 12:27 GMT
#398
On August 08 2011 20:09 Cabinet Sanchez wrote:
Goddamnit why couldn't they hire Torch? He's actually really good :/
At least they didn't hire the Aussie guy, his voice slays me, I can't endure that accent.


Torch already works for GOM Just not as a caster.
LetoAtreides82
Profile Joined January 2011
United States1188 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-08 12:33:40
August 08 2011 12:32 GMT
#399
I hate Moletrap's casting. He has an annoying voice, his jokes are lame and he doesn't understand the jokes from the other casters, he interrupts the other casters, he has no pop culture knowledge, he gets way to excited when a game ends and it just sounds so silly how all of a sudden he screams out of the top of his lungs "good game!!!!!!!" and he does it for every game even if the game sucked.

I might actually like KellyMilkis's casting better than Moletraps which is incredible because I absolutely hated her casting.

Please Gom, give another caster a try.
The spice must flow
Shooks
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia256 Posts
August 08 2011 12:36 GMT
#400
On August 08 2011 20:09 Cabinet Sanchez wrote:
Goddamnit why couldn't they hire Torch? He's actually really good :/
At least they didn't hire the Aussie guy, his voice slays me, I can't endure that accent.


Lol yeah it's weird being around Aussies all the time, it sounds normal IRL, but when you hear it in a cast, its super irritating. Anyway was actually a fan of moletrap when he was doing solo casts, but I just found him annoying when casting with other people. Just seemed to hate his co casters (Always gave doa a death stare)
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 78 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 24m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 70
JuggernautJason60
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 596
firebathero 84
Zeus 65
910 30
Dota 2
monkeys_forever412
League of Legends
JimRising 252
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS102
PPMD10
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5092
Liquid`Hasu1886
Other Games
summit1g6315
shahzam470
byalli373
C9.Mang0165
UpATreeSC75
Trikslyr37
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV221
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream132
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 90
• Adnapsc2 17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 48
• Azhi_Dahaki28
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
2h 24m
Kung Fu Cup
13h 24m
Stellar Fest
15h 24m
The PondCast
1d 12h
OSC
1d 15h
Stellar Fest
1d 15h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.