• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:49
CEST 02:49
KST 09:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach0[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1 [IPSL] IPSL is Back With Winter 26-27!
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12982 users

compLexity & MVP Partner - DRG & Genius - coL.MVP - Page 27

Forum Index > SC2 General
633 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 25 26 27 28 29 32 Next All
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
July 23 2011 12:39 GMT
#521
Good Luck to both. I am cheering for DRG next weekend!
I had a good night of sleep.
raistline123
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada18 Posts
July 23 2011 12:54 GMT
#522
I kind of wonder with all this talk about foreign teams approaching Korean players if this is where all these mergers are coming from.

IE: Col. approaches DRG, says they are interested in signing him and maybe genius, DRG then says to them maybe you should speak with my coach first, which in turn takes place and this is the type of deal that is struck.

How do we know that Col. didn't approach DRG and Genius on their own? And maybe if they did this is how things turned out.
vx70GTOJudgexv
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States3161 Posts
July 23 2011 12:54 GMT
#523
coL basically just looked at the oGs-SK and oGs-TL deals and said "Hmm. How can we take the best parts of both of these and make it work?" and did.

Well done on their part.
(-_-) BW for ever. #1 Iris fan.
Krehlmar
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden1149 Posts
July 23 2011 12:57 GMT
#524
This is great news, love you Koreans!
My Comment Doesnt Matter Because No One Reads It
Mattchew
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States5684 Posts
July 23 2011 13:01 GMT
#525
Teams better get their koreans while their still available... jesus the whole country is about to be bought out by foreign teams... and you know who benefits... ESPORTS
There is always tomorrow nshs.seal.
raistline123
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada18 Posts
July 23 2011 13:05 GMT
#526
Ya know, I was siding with EG on their aquisition of Puma, but I can't but think after this announcement that maybe they did go the wrong way. I don't have anything against the way they did things but it seems that a deal like this could have been beneficial to both teams.


Grats CoL!!!
jlake02
Profile Joined January 2011
United States395 Posts
July 23 2011 13:05 GMT
#527
On July 23 2011 21:54 raistline123 wrote:
I kind of wonder with all this talk about foreign teams approaching Korean players if this is where all these mergers are coming from.

IE: Col. approaches DRG, says they are interested in signing him and maybe genius, DRG then says to them maybe you should speak with my coach first, which in turn takes place and this is the type of deal that is struck.

How do we know that Col. didn't approach DRG and Genius on their own? And maybe if they did this is how things turned out.


We contacted Choi, the MVP manager, first and contacted him directly (not through a player).
compLexity Gaming - @coL_Lake
Tommylew
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Wales2717 Posts
July 23 2011 13:06 GMT
#528
massive pickup, great news as they can now send a few players to Korea now and again for some etended practice to improve so much more!!!
Live and Let Die!
raistline123
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada18 Posts
July 23 2011 13:09 GMT
#529
On July 23 2011 22:05 jlake02 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 23 2011 21:54 raistline123 wrote:
I kind of wonder with all this talk about foreign teams approaching Korean players if this is where all these mergers are coming from.

IE: Col. approaches DRG, says they are interested in signing him and maybe genius, DRG then says to them maybe you should speak with my coach first, which in turn takes place and this is the type of deal that is struck.

How do we know that Col. didn't approach DRG and Genius on their own? And maybe if they did this is how things turned out.


We contacted Choi, the MVP manager, first and contacted him directly (not through a player).



Ahh good to hear. I love the direction things are going keep up the great work!!!!
jlake02
Profile Joined January 2011
United States395 Posts
July 23 2011 13:13 GMT
#530
Thanks very much, we appreciate it
compLexity Gaming - @coL_Lake
dellesh1ruH
Profile Joined August 2009
Denmark509 Posts
July 23 2011 13:15 GMT
#531
Congrats to col and MVP!!
Pain is temporary, Glory is forever!
L3g3nd_
Profile Joined July 2010
New Zealand10461 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-23 13:16:08
July 23 2011 13:15 GMT
#532
wow sc2 is really expanding out of korea, this is good imo
https://twitter.com/#!/IrisAnother
JoeAWESOME
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden1080 Posts
July 23 2011 13:20 GMT
#533
Too bad it's not a team partnership. It will be like hte SK.Nada/MC deal...
Simply Awesome! - Liquid'Ret - NSHoSeo_Seal - coLMVP_DRG - EG_Idra - Fnatic.NightEnd
Mauldo
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States750 Posts
July 23 2011 13:23 GMT
#534
Does all of this have anything to do with what EG guy Alex Garfield was talking about on Weapon of Choice? You know. Korean teams are hurting for sponsors. So they would obviously look outside for sponsorship deals, and combining forces with foreigner teams that actually have great sponsors and funding would be the best logical choice. This way MVP gets extra money from sponsorships and coL gets some great players under their team flag as well.

At any rate, great acquisition and great deal I'm sure for both sides. Can't wait to see some DRG at more foreigner events and maybe even some coL guys in the MVP house.
sitromit
Profile Joined June 2011
7051 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-23 13:24:37
July 23 2011 13:24 GMT
#535
So how does Col.Catz feel about DRG and Genius coming to future MLGs and other foreign events to steal foreigners' ladder points? :p
coljbass
Profile Joined June 2011
United States42 Posts
July 23 2011 13:26 GMT
#536
We at compLexity have started off a solid business partnership with MVP. I really believe you will see this deal deepen and grow over time. You will see a lot more cooperation and way to get both brands exposure but having dual roles in guiding and managing the players. In all honesty we already have several things in the works to not only benefit Western eSports from this deal but greatly benefit the Korean scene as well. The point of this all is yes it is a good business move for us and them but more importantly this will help us both become better organizations. No one is being harmed by this. The players are getting more exposure, opportunity and travel and both organizations are gaining a foothold outside of their homelands as well as the increased exposure and ability to learn from each other.

There is always going to be the clamoring for "why didnt they just buy out the players or buy the whole organization or merger? That is not always possible. All options were discussed and at this moment in time both parties agreed this was the best way to start.

Raistline: I can tell you, you should read my interview on ESFI. I am very honest and transparent about how all of this happened. One thing I believe in heavily is just being honest. Good or bad that is the best policy and I have been working in eSports for over 10 years and so a lot of people can vouch for that fact. So on that note, I could give you every name of the people I spoke with to get to Choi but I won't. I did not speak to the players prior to speaking to Choi(MVP Manager). That I 100% guarantee.

I do give more detail at ESFI

http://esfiworld.com/sc2/feature/complexity-coo-elaborates-col-mvp-deal
raistline123
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada18 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-23 13:51:57
July 23 2011 13:46 GMT
#537
[B]
Raistline: I can tell you, you should read my interview on ESFI. I am very honest and transparent about how all of this happened. One thing I believe in heavily is just being honest. Good or bad that is the best policy and I have been working in eSports for over 10 years and so a lot of people can vouch for that fact. So on that note, I could give you every name of the people I spoke with to get to Choi but I won't. I did not speak to the players prior to speaking to Choi(MVP Manager). That I 100% guarantee.

I do give more detail at ESFI

http://esfiworld.com/sc2/feature/complexity-coo-elaborates-col-mvp-deal


I wasn't doubting your honesty one bit. I have read the thread and am looking forward to the future for your team.

Will you eventually be sending players to Korea to train??? Is this part of the deal at all?
coljbass
Profile Joined June 2011
United States42 Posts
July 23 2011 14:09 GMT
#538
On July 23 2011 22:46 raistline123 wrote:
Show nested quote +
[B]
Raistline: I can tell you, you should read my interview on ESFI. I am very honest and transparent about how all of this happened. One thing I believe in heavily is just being honest. Good or bad that is the best policy and I have been working in eSports for over 10 years and so a lot of people can vouch for that fact. So on that note, I could give you every name of the people I spoke with to get to Choi but I won't. I did not speak to the players prior to speaking to Choi(MVP Manager). That I 100% guarantee.

I do give more detail at ESFI

http://esfiworld.com/sc2/feature/complexity-coo-elaborates-col-mvp-deal


I wasn't doubting your honesty one bit. I have read the thread and am looking forward to the future for your team.

Will you eventually be sending players to Korea to train??? Is this part of the deal at all?


The plan is to send players to Korea. It really just depends on schedules and their desire. This is still very new so we are working out those details. Some players have expressed interest. We will just try to time it with other events and the GSL schedule to get the most out of it for the players.
Mordiford
Profile Joined April 2011
4448 Posts
July 23 2011 14:10 GMT
#539
On July 23 2011 22:26 coljbass wrote:
We at compLexity have started off a solid business partnership with MVP. I really believe you will see this deal deepen and grow over time. You will see a lot more cooperation and way to get both brands exposure but having dual roles in guiding and managing the players. In all honesty we already have several things in the works to not only benefit Western eSports from this deal but greatly benefit the Korean scene as well. The point of this all is yes it is a good business move for us and them but more importantly this will help us both become better organizations. No one is being harmed by this. The players are getting more exposure, opportunity and travel and both organizations are gaining a foothold outside of their homelands as well as the increased exposure and ability to learn from each other.

There is always going to be the clamoring for "why didnt they just buy out the players or buy the whole organization or merger? That is not always possible. All options were discussed and at this moment in time both parties agreed this was the best way to start.

Raistline: I can tell you, you should read my interview on ESFI. I am very honest and transparent about how all of this happened. One thing I believe in heavily is just being honest. Good or bad that is the best policy and I have been working in eSports for over 10 years and so a lot of people can vouch for that fact. So on that note, I could give you every name of the people I spoke with to get to Choi but I won't. I did not speak to the players prior to speaking to Choi(MVP Manager). That I 100% guarantee.

I do give more detail at ESFI

http://esfiworld.com/sc2/feature/complexity-coo-elaborates-col-mvp-deal


Do the Prime/World Elite thing somewhere down the line, it sounds sick as hell.

MVPGenius.coL , fuck yeah!?
coLMinigun.MVP , nice ring to it! Particularly when you think of it being said by the GSL announcer.
Count9
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
China10928 Posts
July 23 2011 14:12 GMT
#540
Korea's got players, west's got money, this seems like it's good for all parties. Well, except new western up and coming pros.
Prev 1 25 26 27 28 29 32 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings77
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta30
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 173
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10762
White-Ra 358
Dota 2
monkeys_forever737
NeuroSwarm83
League of Legends
Doublelift5717
JimRising 634
Counter-Strike
fl0m4773
minikerr14
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox903
AZ_Axe165
Other Games
summit1g8878
Maynarde196
KnowMe193
ArmadaUGS140
Mew2King37
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick932
BasetradeTV185
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 8
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 59
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
9h 12m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
10h 12m
Monday Night Weeklies
15h 12m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 9h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 9h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 23h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.