• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:21
CEST 22:21
KST 05:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026?
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8230 users

[News] New Slayers Member - Page 8

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 54 Next
spaZzNx-`
Profile Joined January 2011
Hong Kong1221 Posts
July 14 2011 10:37 GMT
#141
On July 14 2011 19:29 diddLY wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 14 2011 19:22 ooni wrote:
Time for Lost in Translation TL Edition number CCCIIXIV

Doesn't say her looks is the reason Jessica selected her...

It is sort of like
Jessica thought highly of her skill and looks, she personally selected her.


I agree with this. At the end of the day they are building a team to win games, not to make a calendar. I think people are just looking too far into it.



I wouldn't mind a Team Slayers calender ^^
TeamLiquid fighting~ Gogo SlayerS Terrans!
aebriol
Profile Joined April 2010
Norway2066 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-14 11:08:04
July 14 2011 10:39 GMT
#142
... I see nothing wrong with people taking into account their marketing value.

Perhaps Slayers decided that they wanted a 'tossgirl' for sc2, and they really think she can do it?

I mean, to be honest, I think you would rather have someone that can practice for 10 hours a day, and train them, then someone who is good, but can only practice for 3 hours a day?

Perhaps it's a way to motivate MMA as well to practice more ...

Perhaps she just has the potential to be that amazingly good.

Atm I don't think we have enough information to judge, so I think it's overall good to have a female progamer, and I hope she does well. If she never turns out to be good, it won't matter either - she just won't ever play on camera so ... ?
Sandster
Profile Joined November 2006
United States4054 Posts
July 14 2011 10:39 GMT
#143
Ahh eve in the pic in the op looks so much like my ex, this is a little disturbing
ragzzz
Profile Joined March 2011
Norway7 Posts
July 14 2011 10:40 GMT
#144
hope she wont embarrass the team if they ever let her play.
Carush
Profile Joined June 2011
United States356 Posts
July 14 2011 10:41 GMT
#145
this is quite interesting
is she going to be training in the house with the members?

being a young girl surrounded by teenagers sounds uncomfortable to me
Drium
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States888 Posts
July 14 2011 10:42 GMT
#146
On July 14 2011 19:30 Zooper31 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 14 2011 19:27 OdiousTea wrote:
... I agree on the looks, now I just need to see the play =P


Agreed. She seems to be more of a novelty player to get fans or attention than an actual player to help win games. I could care less what she looks like, she could be a 400lb chick who needs an extra big size booth to play in if she was amazing at Starcraft for all I care.

If she was incredibly good then most people wouldn't give a shit about her looks.

But if she's an average pro like most of them are then being good looking helps and I'm sure she'll get nasty comments anyway. It's unfortunate but that's how it goes.
KwanROLLLLLLLED
Valikyr
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden2653 Posts
July 14 2011 10:42 GMT
#147
Successful Tossgirl inc? I would sure hope so
Wedberg
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden169 Posts
July 14 2011 10:42 GMT
#148
On July 14 2011 19:37 spaZzNx-` wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 14 2011 19:29 diddLY wrote:
On July 14 2011 19:22 ooni wrote:
Time for Lost in Translation TL Edition number CCCIIXIV

Doesn't say her looks is the reason Jessica selected her...

It is sort of like
Jessica thought highly of her skill and looks, she personally selected her.


I agree with this. At the end of the day they are building a team to win games, not to make a calendar. I think people are just looking too far into it.



I wouldn't mind a Team Slayers calender ^^


Boxer, MMA... *drool*

Also;

Great to see females in e-sports.
Jetaap
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France4814 Posts
July 14 2011 10:44 GMT
#149
Why do you think korean teams are interested in getting foreigners? It's also for marketing value, of course they want players good enough to compete. People saying she is in gold league.. I highly doubt this, Jessica and Boxer have proven in the past that they now what is takes to make a team and create top en progamers.
ArcticVanguard
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States450 Posts
July 14 2011 10:45 GMT
#150
She's very pretty, but I hope that the male-dominated StarCraft community won't judge her solely on her looks. I wonder what her Terran style is like. Are there any vods of her play floating around?
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." ~C.S. Lewis
pookadin
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia422 Posts
July 14 2011 10:46 GMT
#151
On July 14 2011 19:40 ragzzz wrote:
hope she wont embarrass the team if they ever let her play.


Why would she embaress them? I mean...fOu still let TheBest play..
*JYP* #1 fan! ♥♥ twitter~ @Pookadin
vyyye
Profile Joined July 2010
Sweden3917 Posts
July 14 2011 10:47 GMT
#152
On July 14 2011 19:46 pookadin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 14 2011 19:40 ragzzz wrote:
hope she wont embarrass the team if they ever let her play.


Why would she embaress them? I mean...fOu still let TheBest play..

Which is embarassing, or hilarious depending on how you see it.
superarmy
Profile Joined October 2010
New Zealand422 Posts
July 14 2011 10:48 GMT
#153
On July 14 2011 19:46 pookadin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 14 2011 19:40 ragzzz wrote:
hope she wont embarrass the team if they ever let her play.


Why would she embaress them? I mean...fOu still let TheBest play..

Hahahahaha oh man I laughed way to hard.

Boxer can bring the best out of players, case and point Choi Yun-Sung. Wait and see, don't jump to conclusions guys
Nevuk
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States16280 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-14 10:50:03
July 14 2011 10:49 GMT
#154
On July 14 2011 19:36 ooni wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 14 2011 19:32 Nevuk wrote:
On July 14 2011 19:29 CaptainTwig wrote:
On July 14 2011 19:15 DwD wrote:
When the person who scouted her assuming the translation is correct says its based on skills and _looks_ it does kinda scream publicity stunt but lets hope not. I hope they get a comfortable lead vs TSL so they will let her play a game.


Let's not forget Korea is on the other side of the planet, being attractive in Korea is a big deal, seeking beauty isn't looked at as being something shallow or insubstantial.

Yeah, I mentioned this earlier but it was edited in so some people may miss it - Bisu, arguably the best protoss player to ever live, was initially scouted for his looks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physiognomy
Physiognomy has been pretty popular in Korea around 40 years ago, so about 2 generations ago. It's pretty much leftover from that popular belief. I think my mum still believes it.

Strangely this was a pretty widely held belief among a lot of American (and some British) novelists in the 19th/early 20th century.
dani`
Profile Joined January 2011
Netherlands2402 Posts
July 14 2011 10:50 GMT
#155
On July 14 2011 19:41 Carush wrote:
this is quite interesting
is she going to be training in the house with the members?

being a young girl surrounded by teenagers sounds uncomfortable to me

She's 22, I wouldn't call that a young girl.
Hassybaby
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom10823 Posts
July 14 2011 10:51 GMT
#156
On July 14 2011 19:37 spaZzNx-` wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 14 2011 19:29 diddLY wrote:
On July 14 2011 19:22 ooni wrote:
Time for Lost in Translation TL Edition number CCCIIXIV

Doesn't say her looks is the reason Jessica selected her...

It is sort of like
Jessica thought highly of her skill and looks, she personally selected her.


I agree with this. At the end of the day they are building a team to win games, not to make a calendar. I think people are just looking too far into it.



I wouldn't mind a Team Slayers calender ^^


I'd pay the shit out of that calendar to have Boxer MMA and Ryung on my wall

And Eve I guess





But mostly Boxer
"These guys are mindfucking me into a sex coma" | "Mayonnaise is a must-have lubricant when performing necrophilia"
pariahGT
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada21 Posts
July 14 2011 10:52 GMT
#157
On July 14 2011 19:46 pookadin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 14 2011 19:40 ragzzz wrote:
hope she wont embarrass the team if they ever let her play.


Why would she embaress them? I mean...fOu still let TheBest play..



LOL swish..

Poor fOu.. sC is a fuckin' beast that doesn't have nearly enough talent surrounding him.


Any updates on the Slayers girl's bnet ID? Is that gold level ID actually hers? It seems plausible if it has a 3v3 team with another confirmed pro player on it.
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
Alokiya
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States648 Posts
July 14 2011 10:52 GMT
#158
On July 14 2011 19:46 pookadin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 14 2011 19:40 ragzzz wrote:
hope she wont embarrass the team if they ever let her play.


Why would she embaress them? I mean...fOu still let TheBest play..



Give this man a gold star and a coupon to his favorite restaurant, that was heroic.

Cool for slayers, cool for eve, wish her the best, hopefully she gets to play thebest, then she'd look like the best.

That was bad. I'm sorry.
C'mon my guppies, swim up my stream! - Day[9]
Baarn
Profile Joined April 2010
United States2702 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-14 10:57:56
July 14 2011 10:57 GMT
#159
On July 14 2011 19:19 pookadin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 14 2011 19:16 Baarn wrote:
On July 14 2011 19:10 AmericanUmlaut wrote:
Is the OP translation accurate when it says that Slayers_Jessica recruited her based on looks and skill?

I find that a bit troubling. I'm very much in favor of females being given equal opportunities and respect as progamers, but the idea of a progamer being given a slot on a prestegious team even in part because of their looks isn't okay. Especially a female progamer, since that makes a statement that detracts from the legitimacy of females as competitors in esports.

That being said, congratulations to Eve! I'm looking forward to seeing what she's got.


So you prefer to be on team with ugly players?


The proper term would be 'Marketable'.

The first female pro-gamer would need to be competant and good looking so she is marketable by the SlayerS team. This IS good publicity but she needs to project a good image because if it fails it will be really bad for her...

I'd love to say that looks wouldnt play a part but a marketable face is a profitable one for SlayerS..


Well it's obvious she's both or why would they bother? How can this be bad for her? She lose game and mma dump her?
There's no S in KT. :P
diddLY
Profile Joined August 2010
United States215 Posts
July 14 2011 10:58 GMT
#160
On July 14 2011 19:37 spaZzNx-` wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 14 2011 19:29 diddLY wrote:
On July 14 2011 19:22 ooni wrote:
Time for Lost in Translation TL Edition number CCCIIXIV

Doesn't say her looks is the reason Jessica selected her...

It is sort of like
Jessica thought highly of her skill and looks, she personally selected her.


I agree with this. At the end of the day they are building a team to win games, not to make a calendar. I think people are just looking too far into it.



I wouldn't mind a Team Slayers calender ^^


Why do you think I used it as an example? Would be awesome! ;D
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 54 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 13h 39m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 351
JuggernautJason90
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 576
White-Ra 180
firebathero 75
910 45
Trap 23
NaDa 10
Counter-Strike
Fnx 771
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0164
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9423
crisheroes1796
Liquid`Hasu1731
Trikslyr83
Other Games
summit1g5541
Liquid`RaSZi5510
Beastyqt827
shahzam520
B2W.Neo283
KnowMe139
IndyStarCraft 138
Pyrionflax129
ArmadaUGS126
ZombieGrub100
UpATreeSC55
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream403
Other Games
BasetradeTV189
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 32
• FirePhoenix12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV316
League of Legends
• TFBlade983
Other Games
• imaqtpie792
• Shiphtur297
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 39m
Afreeca Starleague
13h 39m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 3h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 14h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.