• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:50
CEST 20:50
KST 03:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7971 users

EU or NA ladder, which is harder? - Page 9

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 16 Next All
altered
Profile Joined March 2008
Switzerland646 Posts
February 11 2011 21:48 GMT
#161
On February 12 2011 06:39 FrostOtter wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 10 2011 02:34 decaf wrote:
but it's a known fact that the korean ladder is more skilled]

Is it? That's news to me. I mean, it is a known fact that people blindly assume Koreans are better at the game, but I didn't know it was a fact that they are.


Pretty much every pro that played on all servers confirms this. I never played on other ladders than EU, but in all interviews i saw pros talking about the skill levels of the different servers they always say the Korean server is the hardest to play on. Idra, Artosis, Huk are examples of pros who stated this, i think you will have a hard time finding a top player saying otherwise.
Does Flash dream of electric Romeo?
norlock
Profile Joined March 2010
Netherlands918 Posts
February 11 2011 21:48 GMT
#162
On February 12 2011 06:41 avilo wrote:
I just have started laddering with my EU account, and so far as I rank up the differences I see are mainly with how EU protoss play.

Like for almost 4-5 straight TvPs I played as I was ranking up through placement -> masters, the protoss would 3gate voidray every single time and on NA no one does this build much anymore. Or they would think they're white-ra and build warp prisms, and on NA there's like only 2 players that ever build warp prisms, which is sort of hilarious when you think about it.

The Terrans i've come across so far all play marine/tank/medivac tvt, only full mech T i've played was goody on eu/na server. Though, i'm sure that's going to be more common very soon.

The Zergs so far...can't defend bunker rushes too good lol. My account is still low ranked, so obviously the better zergs can defend it perfectly fine tho i'd think.

I do think NA protosses try and force a more economic game on you, whereas EU protosses try and do some sneaky attack or all-inish push to damage you more.

imo there's no "skill difference," just a different style of play / philosophy / mentality for each server's players.


Well EU is known for their weaker Z players, Just know some players are coming up. Like Morrow, DarkForce and Dimaga
Are you human?
hitman133
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1425 Posts
February 11 2011 21:49 GMT
#163
On February 12 2011 06:37 ChickenLips wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 12 2011 06:30 Pokebunny wrote:
Gotta say I think eu LADDER is better. most top na players dont ladder, eu ones mostly do.


well alot of NA players do ladder, just not on NA ladder

like kiwikaki, IdrA and Huk :D
FrostOtter
Profile Joined September 2010
United States537 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-11 21:51:42
February 11 2011 21:51 GMT
#164
On February 12 2011 06:48 altered wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 12 2011 06:39 FrostOtter wrote:
On February 10 2011 02:34 decaf wrote:
but it's a known fact that the korean ladder is more skilled]

Is it? That's news to me. I mean, it is a known fact that people blindly assume Koreans are better at the game, but I didn't know it was a fact that they are.


Pretty much every pro that played on all servers confirms this. I never played on other ladders than EU, but in all interviews i saw pros talking about the skill levels of the different servers they always say the Korean server is the hardest to play on. Idra, Artosis, Huk are examples of pros who stated this, i think you will have a hard time finding a top player saying otherwise.

Oh, I'm sure the American pros probably would, since Americans seem the most likely to want to be Korean, for whatever reason.

I don't buy it. As someone else mentioned, perhaps there is, at the top, a higher percentage of pros that play compared to the other servers, but that doesn't translate to the ladder being harder. Remember, those pros aren't playing in bronze league.

Also, I think part of it is perception-- if you expect something to be harder, you are going to make it harder in your mind.
jamesmax
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada72 Posts
February 11 2011 21:51 GMT
#165
Lol, I play on both ladders players at the 2700 masters level on both being 2600 masters on NA and like 900 masters on EU and I dont find any significant skill difference if there is it must be at the top levels because it sure isnt mid mastersleague
I am a constructor, what is army?
SlapMySalami
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1060 Posts
February 11 2011 21:57 GMT
#166
HuK says it's EU no doubt in his latest assembly interview. He says it like "I'm from NA but tbh EU is harder"
marineking will u huk my bigtt1 ilu
seiferoth10
Profile Joined May 2010
3362 Posts
February 11 2011 22:02 GMT
#167
These threads are prevalent because the rest of the world has such an inferiority complex being behind Korea that we must know who is "second" in skill. To quote a horrible, yet hilarious movie (Talladega Nights): "If you're not first, you're last."
McMonty
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada379 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-11 22:10:53
February 11 2011 22:08 GMT
#168
most of the best NA players dont play in NA.

Huk, Idra, Kiwikaki, and qxc (select too for a good while) dont even play in NA anymore. There just isnt a good enough tournament scene to force them to stay, besides a few trips back for MLG and the likes.
ChickenLips
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
2912 Posts
February 11 2011 22:16 GMT
#169
On February 12 2011 06:41 avilo wrote:
I just have started laddering with my EU account, and so far as I rank up the differences I see are mainly with how EU protoss play.

Like for almost 4-5 straight TvPs I played as I was ranking up through placement -> masters, the protoss would 3gate voidray every single time and on NA no one does this build much anymore. Or they would think they're white-ra and build warp prisms, and on NA there's like only 2 players that ever build warp prisms, which is sort of hilarious when you think about it.

The Terrans i've come across so far all play marine/tank/medivac tvt, only full mech T i've played was goody on eu/na server. Though, i'm sure that's going to be more common very soon.

The Zergs so far...can't defend bunker rushes too good lol. My account is still low ranked, so obviously the better zergs can defend it perfectly fine tho i'd think.

I do think NA protosses try and force a more economic game on you, whereas EU protosses try and do some sneaky attack or all-inish push to damage you more.

imo there's no "skill difference," just a different style of play / philosophy / mentality for each server's players.


well no offense but you're a 54% winrate player on NA and your experience directly contradicts HuK who plays with the likes of mvp, nestea, mc, mkp i.e. the best players in the world **every day** and he as a native american says that EU > NA.

❤Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ✿
Rabbitmaster
Profile Joined August 2010
1357 Posts
February 11 2011 22:18 GMT
#170
On February 10 2011 04:11 Striding Strider wrote:
A better question would be:

Why does Sweden produce such good players?


Sweden has a long "tradition" of PC use. I think the state gave ppl tax cuts if they bought PCs during the 90s, and we allways had computer science in school.

Just my theory, cant say i have any special insight into other countries computer habits really, altho i have seen alot of americans bash the internet :D
God is dead.
cheeseyesplz
Profile Joined February 2011
United Kingdom82 Posts
February 11 2011 22:32 GMT
#171
I have unanimously heard it to be the EU server. So I will say EU.
Valikyr
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden2653 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-11 22:36:54
February 11 2011 22:35 GMT
#172
On February 12 2011 07:18 Rabbitmaster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 10 2011 04:11 Striding Strider wrote:
A better question would be:

Why does Sweden produce such good players?


Sweden has a long "tradition" of PC use. I think the state gave ppl tax cuts if they bought PCs during the 90s, and we allways had computer science in school.

Just my theory, cant say i have any special insight into other countries computer habits really, altho i have seen alot of americans bash the internet :D

There's nothing to do but drinking and gaming 8 months a year, and drinking is fucking expensive here so naturally a lot of people play games. ;>

Seriously though you are probably quite right, it's also quite socially accepted to play games here compared to many other countries it seems like. I don't know a single male under the age 40 or so that doesn't play games to some extent.
Rabbitmaster
Profile Joined August 2010
1357 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-11 22:46:47
February 11 2011 22:43 GMT
#173
On February 12 2011 07:35 Valikyr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 12 2011 07:18 Rabbitmaster wrote:
On February 10 2011 04:11 Striding Strider wrote:
A better question would be:

Why does Sweden produce such good players?


Sweden has a long "tradition" of PC use. I think the state gave ppl tax cuts if they bought PCs during the 90s, and we allways had computer science in school.

Just my theory, cant say i have any special insight into other countries computer habits really, altho i have seen alot of americans bash the internet :D

There's nothing to do but drinking and gaming 8 months a year, and drinking is fucking expensive here so naturally a lot of people play games. ;>

Seriously though you are probably quite right, it's also quite socially accepted to play games here compared to many other countries it seems like. I don't know a single male under the age 40 or so that doesn't play games to some extent.


Yeah its very socially acceptable indeed. When i was in like 7-9th grade cs1.6 was just "kicking off", and the equivalent of american "Jocks", at my school, were the gamers.
God is dead.
CCa1ss1e
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada3231 Posts
February 11 2011 22:44 GMT
#174
North America is one country.. lmao.

Spelt 'more' wrong in the Poll Question.. just sayin'.

XD
~ The Ultimate Weapon
Noxie
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2227 Posts
February 11 2011 22:45 GMT
#175
I feel like EU takes the cake on this one.. but honestly the skill gap is not as large a you may think.
Serpico
Profile Joined May 2010
4285 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-11 22:46:43
February 11 2011 22:46 GMT
#176
On February 12 2011 07:44 cca1ss1e wrote:
North America is one country.. lmao.

Spelt 'more' wrong in the Poll Question.. just sayin'.

XD

I'd also wonder how many NA players arent even playing on the NA ladder anymore.
decaf
Profile Joined October 2010
Austria1797 Posts
February 11 2011 22:50 GMT
#177
On February 12 2011 06:41 avilo wrote:
I just have started laddering with my EU account, and so far as I rank up the differences I see are mainly with how EU protoss play.

Like for almost 4-5 straight TvPs I played as I was ranking up through placement -> masters, the protoss would 3gate voidray every single time and on NA no one does this build much anymore. Or they would think they're white-ra and build warp prisms, and on NA there's like only 2 players that ever build warp prisms, which is sort of hilarious when you think about it.

The Terrans i've come across so far all play marine/tank/medivac tvt, only full mech T i've played was goody on eu/na server. Though, i'm sure that's going to be more common very soon.

The Zergs so far...can't defend bunker rushes too good lol. My account is still low ranked, so obviously the better zergs can defend it perfectly fine tho i'd think.

I do think NA protosses try and force a more economic game on you, whereas EU protosses try and do some sneaky attack or all-inish push to damage you more.

imo there's no "skill difference," just a different style of play / philosophy / mentality for each server's players.

Like your "I build 3 bunkers of which 2 are far away and 2 rax you"-bunker rush that knocked me out of TSL? - Next time I meet you on ladder I will destroy you, if you decide to play like a real man does :>
Euronyme
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden3804 Posts
February 11 2011 23:11 GMT
#178
On February 10 2011 02:49 Trowabarton756 wrote:
Who cares which one is harder? If a player is skilled he will excel regardless of his location. Things like this are stupid and pointless, I've destroyed europeans, koreans, and americans....and Ive been destroyed by europeans, koreans, and americans.....So really nationality has nothing to do with anything other then an epeen parade.


Bragging rights man.
EU won the EU vs US showmatch, so I it's EU until there's another showmatch ^^
I bet i can maı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨̨̨̨̨̨ke you wipe your screen.
azr
Profile Joined August 2010
Norway144 Posts
February 11 2011 23:25 GMT
#179
I voted for EU, because I am from Europe.
Euronyme
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden3804 Posts
February 11 2011 23:35 GMT
#180
On February 12 2011 08:25 azr wrote:
I voted for EU, because I am from Europe.


That's not very clever of you... the question was "which server has the most high level players?", not "where are you from?"
I bet i can maı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨̨̨̨̨̨ke you wipe your screen.
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 16 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM954
TaKeTV 364
TKL 342
IndyStarCraft 228
BRAT_OK 120
ZombieGrub1
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 954
TKL 342
IndyStarCraft 228
MaxPax 179
BRAT_OK 120
UpATreeSC 91
JuggernautJason32
EmSc Tv 21
Nathanias 17
MindelVK 16
ZombieGrub1
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 710
ggaemo 170
White-Ra 130
firebathero 113
910 59
Barracks 50
Hyun 36
Trap 28
Killer 25
Bale 23
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 19
soO 14
Shine 13
yabsab 9
Dota 2
qojqva4537
Counter-Strike
Fnx 776
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby7510
crisheroes1815
Liquid`Hasu1598
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi3958
singsing1430
Beastyqt784
ceh9647
B2W.Neo415
C9.Mang0140
ArmadaUGS127
KnowMe110
shahzam90
Trikslyr54
summit1g0
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream428
Other Games
BasetradeTV184
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 21
EmSc2Tv 21
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 138
• Reevou 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 16
• Azhi_Dahaki16
• FirePhoenix13
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2391
• TFBlade870
Other Games
• Shiphtur300
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
15h 10m
Afreeca Starleague
15h 10m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 5h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 16h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.