• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:44
CEST 21:44
KST 04:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026?
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8738 users

EU or NA ladder, which is harder? - Page 8

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 16 Next All
EmilA
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark4618 Posts
February 11 2011 17:13 GMT
#141
EU has more top players, no doubt.
http://dotabuff.com/players/122305951 playing other games
Silmakuoppaanikinko
Profile Joined November 2010
799 Posts
February 11 2011 17:13 GMT
#142
I love the political correctness of people who say 'it doesn't matter', or 'this affects no one' or even 'the skill levels are the same'.

Of course it's not the same, it's like that in any sport, mentality, culture, it's all going to affect the level of play. Now, I won't be bold enough to say in which direction it goes, but if it was the same that would be an uncanny coincidence. It's like this in every sport, the level of football in Europe or South America is waaaaay higher than in North America or Africa for instance, while conversely the level of ice skating, ice hockey or handovoid is considered a lot higher in North America.

And why does it matter? Well, people often say 'I'm a 3200 masters league' to qualify a post with, if you really think that matters, you might as well put the server with there.

And well, this might be nationalism, but when I see people like HD stream their ladder I'm like 'This isn't EU masters league level at all.', but oh well.
Workers and town centres are the ultimate counter to turtles.
The_A_Drain
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36 Posts
February 11 2011 17:16 GMT
#143
I have to say, a lot of people might see this as a moot question, but it does actually affect people, example?

Well, I am a bronze league player (currently, I will be out of Bronze when I actually have some decent time to play) and a decent number of NA replays I have seen from Bronze make even my eyes pop out with rage and disbelief, I wish I was playing against some of those people!

My own experience on the EU Bronze however, has been that they are significantly better than the NA bronze games I have watched.

This doesn't mean a whole lot coming from one single person who has played <100 games and watched maybe 30 NA replays. But with some more peoples opinions and discussion something like this can be useful to know.
"Things he do...?"
Endorsed
Profile Joined May 2010
Netherlands1221 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-11 17:25:10
February 11 2011 17:20 GMT
#144
Europeans are alot better then North Americas

http://www.sk-gaming.com/video/318332-HuK_pretty_sure_Im_the_best_player_here

~Huk

I love his confidence. That's good thing to have as a pro player.
RandomAccount#106470
Profile Joined September 2010
Lithuania1506 Posts
February 11 2011 18:27 GMT
#145
--- Nuked ---
Sigmur
Profile Joined August 2010
Poland497 Posts
February 11 2011 18:45 GMT
#146
On February 12 2011 02:20 Endorsed wrote:
Europeans are alot better then North Americas

http://www.sk-gaming.com/video/318332-HuK_pretty_sure_Im_the_best_player_here

~Huk

I love his confidence. That's good thing to have as a pro player.


Dude, I posted link to this interwiev like 10 posts earlier. Reading before posting - an useful skill toi have
Ponyo
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States1231 Posts
February 11 2011 18:47 GMT
#147
On February 10 2011 03:02 ccHaZaRd wrote:
canada carries america, usa really need to step it up :D


bs lol WHAT. no justin bieber is outmacroing RootCatz
ponyo.848
Natt
Profile Joined August 2010
France253 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-11 21:07:22
February 11 2011 21:06 GMT
#148
Never though EU would be harder, given US players.
Yurie
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
12173 Posts
February 11 2011 21:09 GMT
#149
On February 12 2011 06:06 Natt wrote:
Never though EU would be harder, given US players.


Do you mean the amount of players or top players? Kind of ambiguous.
BrTarolg
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United Kingdom3574 Posts
February 11 2011 21:12 GMT
#150
EU is always about 2-3 weeks ahead in the metagame and skill level of US imho

I like learning stuff from EU, bringing it to NA and taking down 3.5k+ players lol
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
February 11 2011 21:23 GMT
#151
On February 12 2011 06:12 BrTarolg wrote:
EU is always about 2-3 weeks ahead in the metagame and skill level of US imho

I like learning stuff from EU, bringing it to NA and taking down 3.5k+ players lol

Learning new all-in builds?
Official Entusman #21
1Lamb1Rice
Profile Joined August 2010
United States435 Posts
February 11 2011 21:24 GMT
#152
I wonder out of all the people who voted, how many players have even played on both servers.
twitch.tv/lambnrice @LambNRice
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
February 11 2011 21:30 GMT
#153
Gotta say I think eu LADDER is better. most top na players dont ladder, eu ones mostly do.
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
backtoback
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada1276 Posts
February 11 2011 21:36 GMT
#154
i voted for Europe even though I am from North America. I believe Canadians are better than Americans who are really holding back in terms of skill. Europe has fantastic players. EU > NA
backtoback
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada1276 Posts
February 11 2011 21:37 GMT
#155
On February 10 2011 11:19 Sigmur wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 10 2011 08:53 Eeeegor wrote:
From what I've heard I think EU is better, but NA has better protosses?

Dude,I don't want to flame but I can name many awesome EU tosses: WhiteRa,Nani,Mana,Hasu,Adelscott,
NA:Kiwikaki, Incontrol and.. help me. Huk is Korean for me tho ;P


no nony aka tyler?
ChickenLips
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
2912 Posts
February 11 2011 21:37 GMT
#156
On February 12 2011 06:30 Pokebunny wrote:
Gotta say I think eu LADDER is better. most top na players dont ladder, eu ones mostly do.


well alot of NA players do ladder, just not on NA ladder
❤Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ✿
ChickenLips
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
2912 Posts
February 11 2011 21:38 GMT
#157
On February 12 2011 03:45 Sigmur wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 12 2011 02:20 Endorsed wrote:
Europeans are alot better then North Americas

http://www.sk-gaming.com/video/318332-HuK_pretty_sure_Im_the_best_player_here

~Huk

I love his confidence. That's good thing to have as a pro player.


Dude, I posted link to this interwiev like 10 posts earlier. Reading before posting - an useful skill toi have


Just thinking that because you can name more EU pros as a European, EU pros > NA pros is pretty ignorant imo.
❤Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ✿
FrostOtter
Profile Joined September 2010
United States537 Posts
February 11 2011 21:39 GMT
#158
On February 10 2011 02:34 decaf wrote:
but it's a known fact that the korean ladder is more skilled]

Is it? That's news to me. I mean, it is a known fact that people blindly assume Koreans are better at the game, but I didn't know it was a fact that they are.
avilo
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States4100 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-11 21:43:22
February 11 2011 21:41 GMT
#159
I just have started laddering with my EU account, and so far as I rank up the differences I see are mainly with how EU protoss play.

Like for almost 4-5 straight TvPs I played as I was ranking up through placement -> masters, the protoss would 3gate voidray every single time and on NA no one does this build much anymore. Or they would think they're white-ra and build warp prisms, and on NA there's like only 2 players that ever build warp prisms, which is sort of hilarious when you think about it.

The Terrans i've come across so far all play marine/tank/medivac tvt, only full mech T i've played was goody on eu/na server. Though, i'm sure that's going to be more common very soon.

The Zergs so far...can't defend bunker rushes too good lol. My account is still low ranked, so obviously the better zergs can defend it perfectly fine tho i'd think.

I do think NA protosses try and force a more economic game on you, whereas EU protosses try and do some sneaky attack or all-inish push to damage you more.

imo there's no "skill difference," just a different style of play / philosophy / mentality for each server's players.
Sup
barkles
Profile Joined May 2010
United States285 Posts
February 11 2011 21:45 GMT
#160
Until you get to the point that you are being matched up against the very best players on the ladder I would have to say that there is absolutely no difference in skill at all. Perhaps in playstyle, but not in skill. Certain areas (read:Korea server) might have a much higher percentage of the tippity-top players, making pro players think that area is harder, but if you are anything but very high masters there is no way it makes a difference.
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 16 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM908
TaKeTV 317
TKL 311
IndyStarCraft 188
ZombieGrub96
BRAT_OK 94
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 908
TKL 311
IndyStarCraft 188
MaxPax 161
ZombieGrub96
BRAT_OK 94
JuggernautJason60
Nathanias 32
EmSc Tv 17
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 659
ggaemo 147
White-Ra 137
firebathero 80
Barracks 65
910 50
Shine 33
Trap 24
Killer 24
yabsab 8
Counter-Strike
Fnx 791
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0166
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9661
crisheroes1820
Liquid`Hasu1639
Trikslyr72
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi5075
summit1g4508
singsing1342
Beastyqt801
shahzam470
B2W.Neo335
ArmadaUGS137
KnowMe135
UpATreeSC61
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream414
Other Games
BasetradeTV209
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 17
EmSc2Tv 17
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 184
• Reevou 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki14
• FirePhoenix14
• blackmanpl 9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade764
Other Games
• imaqtpie434
• Shiphtur339
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 16m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 16m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 4h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 15h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.