• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:51
CEST 20:51
KST 03:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7822 users

EU or NA ladder, which is harder? - Page 10

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 16 Next All
vrok
Profile Joined August 2009
Sweden2541 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-11 23:40:04
February 11 2011 23:37 GMT
#181
On February 12 2011 07:44 cca1ss1e wrote:
North America is one country.. lmao.

Spelt 'more' wrong in the Poll Question.. just sayin'.

XD

It's not really that far from the truth though when it comes to SC2, if that one country means Canada. :D
On February 12 2011 06:48 norlock wrote:
Well EU is known for their weaker Z players, Just know some players are coming up. Like Morrow, DarkForce and Dimaga

Weaker Z players compared to NA? LOL, no.
"Starcraft 2 very easy game" - White-Ra
Char711
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States862 Posts
February 11 2011 23:40 GMT
#182
HuK says EU is harder and he's a real mass ladder gamer.

On the other hand, I don't think I can even fully express how much I don't care and how little it matters. If you are truly at the point where that starts effecting your play and ability to proceed than you're good enough to get on a decent team or at least get some good practice partners. I mean, honestly, look at all the amazing NA players -- do you hear them saying "oh woe is me, if only I played on EU!" *dramatic swoon*? Yeah, didn't think so.
"If you can chill, chill." -Liquid`Tyler "Special tactics." -White-Ra
ChickenLips
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
2912 Posts
February 12 2011 01:11 GMT
#183
On February 12 2011 08:40 Char711 wrote:
HuK says EU is harder and he's a real mass ladder gamer.

On the other hand, I don't think I can even fully express how much I don't care and how little it matters. If you are truly at the point where that starts effecting your play and ability to proceed than you're good enough to get on a decent team or at least get some good practice partners. I mean, honestly, look at all the amazing NA players -- do you hear them saying "oh woe is me, if only I played on EU!" *dramatic swoon*? Yeah, didn't think so.



well, they dont say that because they just do it lol, NA <=> EU seems playable and whoever feels like playing cross-sea and has an account just does it.

i agree though, it really doesnt matter for 99,99999% of players, it was just needed to shut up all the ignorant people who kept saying NA > EU in other threads.
❤Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ✿
grumpyone
Profile Joined January 2011
48 Posts
February 12 2011 01:51 GMT
#184
I'm more curious about which country (outside of Korea) is the best. Is the general consensus that it's either Canada or Sweden?
confusedcrib
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1307 Posts
February 12 2011 01:55 GMT
#185
All I know is that Huk said that EU is harder, but to be honest it really doesn't matter unless you're in the top 200 yourself in which case you're most likely playing on all 3 ladders anyways
I'm a writer for TeamLiquid, you've probably heard of me
hypno_toad
Profile Joined December 2010
United States156 Posts
February 12 2011 02:00 GMT
#186
IdrA, qxc, and Day9 are all from U.S. so we win
┻━┻ ︵ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
danl9rm
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States3111 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-12 02:02:39
February 12 2011 02:02 GMT
#187
I duno, I mean, I would guess Europe before I played on either one of them. Doesn't Europe have 2-3x the population of the U.S.? The main contributor to the N.A. server?
"Science has so well established that the preborn baby in the womb is a living human being that most pro-choice activists have conceded the point. ..since the abortion proponents have lost the science argument, they are now advocating an existential one."
JerKy
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Korea (South)3013 Posts
February 12 2011 02:14 GMT
#188
I wish we could all stop flaming each other about which server is better and just all be grateful that we can enjoy this amazing game StarCraft 2.
You can type "StarCraft" with just your left hand.
JayConn
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States408 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-12 02:19:37
February 12 2011 02:18 GMT
#189
On February 12 2011 11:02 danl9rm wrote:
I duno, I mean, I would guess Europe before I played on either one of them. Doesn't Europe have 2-3x the population of the U.S.? The main contributor to the N.A. server?


The EU's population is 500 million to US+Canada's 345 million, but according to SC2ranks, Europe has 726,415 SC2 accounts to NA's 951,006.
Suzido
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden24 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-12 02:22:33
February 12 2011 02:20 GMT
#190
On February 12 2011 11:02 danl9rm wrote:
I duno, I mean, I would guess Europe before I played on either one of them. Doesn't Europe have 2-3x the population of the U.S.? The main contributor to the N.A. server?

Europe has about 700 million inhabitants, while NA has about 550 million iirc. Which country is the "main contributor" to what server is obviously irrelevant. Saying you shouldn't count Canada is like saying you shouldn't count Eastern Europe.

Anyways, judging from tourney results and the fame of the players in the top of both servers respectively, I would have to give it to EU.
danl9rm
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States3111 Posts
February 12 2011 17:37 GMT
#191
On February 12 2011 11:20 Suzido wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 12 2011 11:02 danl9rm wrote:
I duno, I mean, I would guess Europe before I played on either one of them. Doesn't Europe have 2-3x the population of the U.S.? The main contributor to the N.A. server?

Europe has about 700 million inhabitants, while NA has about 550 million iirc. Which country is the "main contributor" to what server is obviously irrelevant. Saying you shouldn't count Canada is like saying you shouldn't count Eastern Europe.

Anyways, judging from tourney results and the fame of the players in the top of both servers respectively, I would have to give it to EU.


It is relevant if a large percentage of your population is Mexico. Anyway, I don't know why I posted in this thread, the premise is inconsequential. So, I apologize.
"Science has so well established that the preborn baby in the womb is a living human being that most pro-choice activists have conceded the point. ..since the abortion proponents have lost the science argument, they are now advocating an existential one."
parn
Profile Joined December 2010
France296 Posts
February 12 2011 18:25 GMT
#192
On February 10 2011 02:49 SmoKim wrote:
wtf i hardly reconize anyone in top 10 on US except for SelecT o_0

Same

To all NA players feeling frustrated: playing on the "easy" server is not a shame, keep cool, it's ok
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
Mr Showtime
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1353 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-03 22:13:54
June 03 2012 22:13 GMT
#193
It might be inappropriate to bump this thread, but I think it's worth it. A lot has changed over a years time, and I think it's time to revisit the question. Back when this thread was created, I'd say that most everyone would agree EU was stronger (slightly). Is that still the case now?

I'm mostly asking because I am on the east coast of the US, so I can get decent latency on EU, but not at all to KR. Ideally I would be able to get a KR account for better practice, but I really can't. Is EU a better place for practice or roughly equal to NA now?
hzflank
Profile Joined August 2011
United Kingdom2991 Posts
June 03 2012 22:17 GMT
#194
On June 04 2012 07:13 Mr Showtime wrote:
It might be inappropriate to bump this thread, but I think it's worth it. A lot has changed over a years time, and I think it's time to revisit the question. Back when this thread was created, I'd say that most everyone would agree EU was stronger (slightly). Is that still the case now?

I'm mostly asking because I am on the east coast of the US, so I can get decent latency on EU, but not at all to KR. Ideally I would be able to get a KR account for better practice, but I really can't. Is EU a better place for practice or roughly equal to NA now?


I do not know the answer to your question. But I do know that you need to be at the very top for it to even matter. Basically, if you cannot get grandmaster on the US ladder then there is no point in switching.

(Sorry if you are GM already, I don't really follow the GM leagues)
Warpath
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada1242 Posts
June 03 2012 22:17 GMT
#195
Objectively, EU is stronger at the very top of the ladder (GM MMR ranges) but for the rest of the 99%, you wont find a difference in player strength.
Roxor9999
Profile Joined December 2011
Netherlands771 Posts
June 03 2012 22:18 GMT
#196
EU is still better.
GreyishTommy
Profile Joined February 2012
Switzerland147 Posts
June 03 2012 22:23 GMT
#197
Yeah, i remember a recent interview from TT1, back when he moved to mTw, and he said that he managed to stay in the top 10 of the NA ladder during his studies, whereas in EU, while playing full time, he only got around the top100 at start
MKP/Bomber/ForGG/Creator/Jjakji/SuperNova/San/Byul/Life/DRG/HerO/Seed
-Debaser-
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States329 Posts
June 03 2012 22:24 GMT
#198
EU is Better I think in Master im usually 150-200 points lower on EU compared to NA (1400 and 1250ish)
TL+ Member
Durp
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada3117 Posts
June 03 2012 22:32 GMT
#199
I don't think is even debatable anymore. The EU players have surpassed the NA players by far imo. The best players to come from the NA server haven't really performed much at all these days, as opposed to players like Thorzain or Stephano who both made fairly considerable splashes in the scene
SOOOOOooooOOOOooooOOOOoo Many BANELINGS!!
rysecake
Profile Joined October 2010
United States2632 Posts
June 03 2012 22:32 GMT
#200
korea > all.

I win.
The Notorious Winkles
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 16 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM954
TaKeTV 364
TKL 342
IndyStarCraft 228
BRAT_OK 120
ZombieGrub1
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 954
TKL 342
IndyStarCraft 228
MaxPax 179
BRAT_OK 120
UpATreeSC 91
JuggernautJason32
EmSc Tv 21
Nathanias 17
MindelVK 16
ZombieGrub1
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 710
ggaemo 170
White-Ra 130
firebathero 113
910 59
Barracks 50
Hyun 36
Trap 28
Killer 25
Bale 23
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 19
soO 14
Shine 13
yabsab 9
Dota 2
qojqva4537
Counter-Strike
Fnx 776
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby7510
crisheroes1815
Liquid`Hasu1598
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi3958
singsing1430
Beastyqt784
ceh9647
B2W.Neo415
C9.Mang0140
ArmadaUGS127
KnowMe110
shahzam90
Trikslyr54
summit1g0
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream428
Other Games
BasetradeTV184
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 21
EmSc2Tv 21
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 138
• Reevou 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 16
• Azhi_Dahaki16
• FirePhoenix13
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2391
• TFBlade870
Other Games
• Shiphtur300
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
15h 9m
Afreeca Starleague
15h 9m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 5h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 16h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.