• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:25
CEST 06:25
KST 13:25
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7151 users

GSTL maps got final updates

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Xeph
Profile Joined September 2004
Korea (South)191 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-06 19:48:13
February 06 2011 10:45 GMT
#1
New maps for GSTL got final updates for the league. I sent mapfiles to EU, NA, SEA, TW uploaders, and those maps will be updated on server soon. I also sent GomTV modified version of Lost Temple, Xel'Naga Cavarns, Metalopolis.

Thank you again [SCC]Faust(NA), [wh]_ForAlways(NA), MeLo(SEA). Beta(TW) and specially thank you smileyyy(EU).


Below screenshots are from the latest version. You can see lot of changes; resources, rocks, terrains, rush distances, neutral supply depots or something.


1. Crevasse (custom, 크레바스, KR EU NA SEA TW avilable) by JackyPrime

[image loading]

2. Crossfire SE(customized blizzard, 십자포화, KR EU NA SEA TW available) by JackyPrime

[image loading]

3. Terminus Re(customized Blizzard, 종착역, KR EU NA SEA TW available) by LSPrime

[image loading]

4. Tal'Darim Altar(custom, 탈다림 제단, KR EU NA SEA TW available) by LSPrime

[image loading]

5. GomTV Modified Lost Temple screenshot by smileyyy

[image loading]
Persistent Pursuit of Perfection
Special Endrey
Profile Joined June 2010
Germany1929 Posts
February 06 2011 10:48 GMT
#2
Oha, thx for the update , what did change at lost temple, xel naga and metalopolis ?
This signature is ruining eSports - -Twitter: @SpecialEndrey
ALPINA
Profile Joined May 2010
3791 Posts
February 06 2011 10:51 GMT
#3
Crevasse looks awesome and I especially like the textures on that map
You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity
Xeph
Profile Joined September 2004
Korea (South)191 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-06 10:53:02
February 06 2011 10:52 GMT
#4
On February 06 2011 19:48 Special Endrey wrote:
Oha, thx for the update , what did change at lost temple, xel naga and metalopolis ?

Pre-installed destructible neutral supply depots to prevent entrance-blocking with two bunkers or three pylons.

You can see an example on Terminus RE.
Persistent Pursuit of Perfection
Zaphid
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic1860 Posts
February 06 2011 10:55 GMT
#5
They look way better than the 1.2.1 maps. Am I the only one who finds it ironic that they removed most of the gold expansions or changed them back to blue ? I guess the boosts proved a bit too much.
I will never ever play Mech against Protoss. - MVP
Chise
Profile Joined December 2010
Japan507 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-06 11:00:49
February 06 2011 10:59 GMT
#6
Props to GOM for really trying to balance the maps the best they can and making changes until they are balanced.

Maps like those look like the future of SC2 to me.
Ziggitz
Profile Joined September 2010
United States340 Posts
February 06 2011 11:01 GMT
#7
On February 06 2011 19:52 Xeph wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 06 2011 19:48 Special Endrey wrote:
Oha, thx for the update , what did change at lost temple, xel naga and metalopolis ?

Pre-installed destructible neutral supply depots to prevent entrance-blocking with two bunkers or three pylons.

You can see an example on Terminus RE.


Awesome.

I noticed on some of the maps the expos have only 7 mineral patches. Is this with terran in mind giving them better income that zerg or protoss percentage wise with their mules to account for the larger map sizes?
milesfacade
Profile Joined November 2010
United Kingdom799 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-06 11:07:16
February 06 2011 11:03 GMT
#8
These are all the changes I can see:

Crevasse: Scrap metal has replaced the rocks. There is a larger ramp from third to fourth base. No more rocks at third. Other slight dimension changes. Gold minerals changed to normal minerals.

Crossfire SE: No changes as far as I can tell

Terminus RE: No longer scrap metal at the fourth. Orientation of third base changed. Neutral supply depot on main base ramp.

Tal'Darim Altar: No more rocks at third expansion. All gold bases removed.
Smigi
Profile Joined April 2010
United States328 Posts
February 06 2011 11:05 GMT
#9
These maps are great. I can't wait.

I LOVE how they removed the rocks from the potential thirds on Taldarim and Crevasse.

They were just annoying more than anything.
Drone then Own
zonic
Profile Joined May 2010
New Zealand64 Posts
February 06 2011 11:08 GMT
#10
these maps so big! 16 bases in a 1v1
Licmyobelisk
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Philippines3682 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-06 11:09:11
February 06 2011 11:08 GMT
#11
is it me or Crossfire feels like a terrible map for zergs due to pathing and unable to spread out? (well, I dunno but I suppose should be fine with them since they like the roach balls)

Wow, I think Terminus RE is the most exciting map ^_^
I don't think I've ever wished my opponent good luck prior to a game. When I play, I play to win. I hope every opponent I ever have is cursed with fucking terrible luck. I hope they're stuck playing underneath a stepladder with a black cat in attendance a
Amestir
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Netherlands2126 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-06 11:13:03
February 06 2011 11:09 GMT
#12
Hmm it's great they fixed the bunker / pylon blocking but I find this a rather clumsy solution. Surely there has to be a more elegant solution?
We know nothing.
Norada
Profile Joined August 2010
China482 Posts
February 06 2011 11:10 GMT
#13
wtb these maps to go on ladder. they look so sexy<3
PredY
Profile Joined September 2009
Czech Republic1731 Posts
February 06 2011 11:23 GMT
#14
is taldarim altar smaller or did they just remove the gold expos?
http://www.twitch.tv/czelpredy
Ultramus
Profile Joined June 2010
United States319 Posts
February 06 2011 11:24 GMT
#15
On February 06 2011 20:08 Licmyobelisk wrote:
is it me or Crossfire feels like a terrible map for zergs due to pathing and unable to spread out? (well, I dunno but I suppose should be fine with them since they like the roach balls)

Wow, I think Terminus RE is the most exciting map ^_^


Having played it a few times, I kind of enjoy it, as a muta/ling player, bigger maps=more gas=more mutas!! and I can't be killed as easily by 2 base timings that hit before I have any appreciable number of mutas up. I can see your point with the pathing but it's too big to effectively control with a big death ball or tanks without some of them being undefended. Just my opinion and experiences though.
Baking is like science for hungry people
imJealous
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1382 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-06 11:34:17
February 06 2011 11:27 GMT
#16
On February 06 2011 20:08 Licmyobelisk wrote:
is it me or Crossfire feels like a terrible map for zergs due to pathing and unable to spread out? (well, I dunno but I suppose should be fine with them since they like the roach balls)

Wow, I think Terminus RE is the most exciting map ^_^

I don't think it will be terrible. It could be a good candidate for veto depending on what original ladder maps are still in the pool but its still a large map with lots of freedom to expand. Most of the current ladder maps have similarly dangerous terrain features, shorter rush distance, and fewer viable expansions to boot.

Also, if large macro based maps like these do turn out to tip the balance of the game too far in zergs favor then features like these that favor tanks and colossus may be necessary to restore map balance.
... In life very little goes right. "Right" meaning the way one expected and the way one wanted it. One has no right to want or expect anything.
ccHaZaRd
Profile Joined February 2009
Canada1024 Posts
February 06 2011 11:35 GMT
#17
crevasse and crossfire look awesome :D
Shield
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Bulgaria4824 Posts
February 06 2011 11:43 GMT
#18
Crossfire looks unbelievably big
MrCon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
France29748 Posts
February 06 2011 11:48 GMT
#19
They removed the stupid rocks at the 3rd \o/ This is great.
Lunat!c
Profile Joined March 2010
122 Posts
February 06 2011 12:07 GMT
#20
I think those maps are great! But I already saw some games on them and from what I saw I am pretty sure that those maps change the whole balance of the game e.g. Protoss can easily take 3 bases and build up a perfect army against zerg with maps like these we will need a lot of balance patches...
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 203
ProTech125
Nina 91
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2119
Shuttle 1048
Snow 90
Dewaltoss 57
Noble 42
Bale 41
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm145
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1116
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor579
Other Games
summit1g8579
JimRising 642
C9.Mang0273
PiGStarcraft265
Mew2King209
ViBE60
ArmadaUGS59
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream78
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Response 20
• practicex 19
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2400
League of Legends
• Lourlo1110
• Rush616
• Stunt297
Other Games
• Scarra721
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
8h 35m
OSC
17h 35m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 5h
Online Event
1d 6h
FEL
1d 11h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 12h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 14h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.