• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:56
CEST 17:56
KST 00:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)56Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Fantasy returning? ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8126 users

GSL Match Statistics - Page 5

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All
Odoakar
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia1838 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-10 17:31:19
January 10 2011 17:18 GMT
#81
Yeah, something was wrong with the numbers, although this time I got 17-11, while you say it's 15-13

Will recheck other seasons as well, and try to finish match duration statistics.

Edit: nope, it's 15-13. I think I have a good system now so errors won't repeat. Thanks for pointing out the inconsistencies, I really want this data to be accurate.
GhostFall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States830 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-10 17:41:54
January 10 2011 17:39 GMT
#82
in addition to game length can you include who won the match?

for example
PvT - protoss win: 15 minutes
PVT - terran win: 10 minutes
SheaR619
Profile Joined October 2010
United States2399 Posts
January 10 2011 17:44 GMT
#83
really surprise at how close the statistic are.
I may not be the best, but i will be some day...
bubblegumbo
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Taiwan1296 Posts
January 10 2011 17:50 GMT
#84
The average time length says it all.
"I honestly think that whoever invented toilet paper is a genius. For man to survive, they need toilet paper!"- Nal_rA
IndieFinch
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States124 Posts
January 10 2011 19:05 GMT
#85
Interesting stuff. I always knew how bad Delta was, but I was surprised to see the average times of Xel Naga being so low in S4. Thought for sure that map would be as much of a macro map as Metal.

Overall good stuff, statistics are always nice.
hmsrenown
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada1263 Posts
January 10 2011 22:02 GMT
#86
Take out Kulas Ravine and Desert Oasis makes things look even better...so yeah it's all about the players.
Odoakar
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia1838 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-10 22:30:10
January 10 2011 22:21 GMT
#87
Ok, I'm finally done with GSL 3 statistics! I'm really glad I managed to finish this off, as I feel the stats for GSL4 really don't speak that much considering the low number of games played. But with GSL 3, I had a lot more games to work with, so statistic should be a bit better here.

And this took so much more time than it might seem. And slow GOMTV player wasn't helping with that at all.

But let's see..

GSL 3

162 games were played in GSL Season 3.

Average game length was 11:23 minutes.

Average views on VODs is currently at around 69 000.

Map stats:

[image loading]

Player stats:

[image loading]

I've only taken into consideration those players who played more than 5 games, as there were too many of them, and I was getting really tired.

For those interested in raw data, here's my spreadsheet with all the info in it. You will be able to see number of VODs per each map, and even racial distribution (even though some fields are not filled in as I got tired of doing that, and didn't really need racial stats for these tables).

http://www.mediafire.com/?qyuqvwsoscdp8yr


If anyone spots something suspicious, please let me know, and I'll double check my calculations. Will update the OP now, and start working on GSL Season 2 data. And will also see if I can get this into Liquipedia

Edit: oh yeah, and I'm missing one Ro64 game, I think that was MKP getting a bye by his opponent not showing up, right?
darmousseh
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3437 Posts
January 10 2011 22:30 GMT
#88
I think one interesting fact is that on large maps, protoss mobility seems to be alright probably due to pylons. I think when they remove the small maps, that the advantage will really tip in the favor of protoss and zerg.
Developer for http://mtgfiddle.com
SmoKim
Profile Joined March 2010
Denmark10305 Posts
January 10 2011 22:32 GMT
#89
wow Odoakar, i am really impressed by your OP and info/statistics

GREAT JOB!
"LOL I have 202 supply right now (3 minutes later)..."LOL NOW I HAVE 220 SUPPLY SUP?!?!?" - Mondragon
1Eris1
Profile Joined September 2010
United States5797 Posts
January 10 2011 22:40 GMT
#90
i love that bitbyebit has the shortest average game. very interesting though that scfou actually has the longest games
Known Aliases: Tyragon, Valeric ~MSL Forever, SKT is truly the Superior KT!
zerious
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada3803 Posts
January 10 2011 22:48 GMT
#91
On January 11 2011 07:40 1Eris1 wrote:
i love that bitbyebit has the shortest average game. very interesting though that scfou actually has the longest games


bitbybit plays a lot of TvZ, while scfou plays a lot of TvT
VenerableSpace
Profile Joined May 2010
United States463 Posts
January 10 2011 23:04 GMT
#92
I think instead of organizing average game length by games played, doing it by wins / losses would a more telling statistic.

So the player wins his games in an average of X. That may indicate his general playstyle preference or at which time that he prefers to decide the victor.

If He loses his games in an average of Y. That may indicates that he is susceptible to early aggression or mid game allins etc.
Pbartender
Profile Joined September 2010
Netherlands55 Posts
January 10 2011 23:05 GMT
#93
So, can someone help me about BW? I noticed quite a few match replays of BW games, even those games people recommend, to be about 10 minutes long. So is there a difference between SC2 and BW in how long a good game is? For example, the game where Jaedong had to kill one of his own drones was fairly short, and I wonder if that's the kind of game BW can give me and still be good, why SC2 games of similar length aren't that well received. Is that a difference in the game mechanics themselves?
In my head, I'm a 1500 Diamond player. In reality, I don't even know what that means. I don't play SC2. I just watch.
Heyoka
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Katowice25012 Posts
January 11 2011 04:27 GMT
#94
Very cool stuff! I debated grabbing these numbers for myself a few times so its great to see someone else did it already.
@RealHeyoka | ESL / DreamHack StarCraft Lead
Odoakar
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia1838 Posts
January 13 2011 20:36 GMT
#95
Here are some stats for GSL4, there's not that many games played so stats aren't that good but it's nice to see that at least average game time is a bit longer.

GSL 4

Average game length is 12:16 min. Average views per VOD is 110,929.

[image loading]

[image loading]
Farakes
Profile Joined August 2010
34 Posts
February 02 2011 12:21 GMT
#96
im just done with season 1,

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AlbTE6wZ95gsdHJqTWhuQUwtQzB5RmNLY3MzVFlHTUE&hl=en&authkey=CKuZ084C

its already in the wiki

gonna da gsl 4 somewhere in the near future.

gsl1 was a shitload of work because till the end of ro16 there was no ingame timer.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 1283
ComeBackTV 1021
SteadfastSC778
TaKeTV 527
IndyStarCraft 184
Rex151
EnkiAlexander 85
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 778
IndyStarCraft 184
Rex 151
ProTech127
BRAT_OK 41
MindelVK 18
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 44859
Bisu 2388
EffOrt 983
Shuttle 591
Mini 486
BeSt 471
Soma 435
Light 434
Larva 367
ZerO 206
[ Show more ]
Rush 199
Hyuk 163
firebathero 79
Sea.KH 69
Mong 63
910 62
Pusan 57
Liquid`Ret 54
Snow 53
Sexy 42
ToSsGirL 35
Aegong 32
Trap 29
Bale 24
Terrorterran 23
JYJ 20
Shine 19
Rock 16
Sacsri 11
yabsab 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
Dota 2
Gorgc8760
qojqva1070
Counter-Strike
fl0m829
Fnx 822
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1613
Khaldor1154
Other Games
singsing1876
hiko1436
Beastyqt651
Livibee196
Hui .170
ArmadaUGS159
KnowMe123
XaKoH 118
QueenE87
Mew2King75
DeMusliM57
ZerO(Twitch)14
CosmosSc2 4
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV250
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream90
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 11
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 39
• mYiSmile130
• StrangeGG 30
• Gemini_19 12
• Kozan
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 43
• Michael_bg 11
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3374
• TFBlade366
Other Games
• Shiphtur309
Upcoming Events
OSC
6h 4m
CranKy Ducklings
18h 4m
Online Event
19h 4m
FEL
1d
AI Arena Tournament
1d 1h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 3h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 18h
INu's Battles
1d 20h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.