• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:28
CEST 14:28
KST 21:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon107
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
All you football fans (soccer)! Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8758 users

oGssSKS and oGsCool quit oGs clan - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10 11 Next All
Dyno.
Profile Joined August 2008
United States286 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-23 12:49:31
August 23 2010 12:39 GMT
#61
http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=146507

- Anonymous pro team tries to sign anonymous pro player. The whole group drinks on their bill. Nice.


Some team out there is recruiting and trying to sign players to contracts. We know that WeMade had a presence at Cologne. Is it possible that WeMade is starting an SC2 house and poached Tester/Cool?

Are any of the current european teams actually signing their SC2 players to paid contracts with salaries? I don't think so... I think it's just equipment sponsorships and travel expenses. But apparently there was a team that was actually looking to sign a CONTRACT in Cologne, unless I'm misunderstanding Zatic. Who else but WeMade would be doing this? Plus, they have a well-documented history of signing players from games other than Brood War (Counter-Strike, Warcraft 3, etc).

Speculating further (and I must stress this is purely speculation), if it was WeMade, I think it was probably TLO they were trying to sign, for a few reasons:

1) He was chosen for the showmatch against NaDa. This probably wasn't an arbitrary decision. It also suggests they had previously spoken to him.
2) They know he's going to be living in Korea.
3) Whoever it was that this anonymous team tried to sign, he turned them down. I don't think there's many people who would turn down a paid contract to play Starcraft, but I don't think anyone would disagree that TLO is fiercely loyal to TL.
4) TLO is probably the most well known and well liked Starcraft 2 player outside of Korea. This matters to a team since obviously the whole reason behind signing a player is to increase the public exposure of their sponsors. You sign TLO, you sign his fanbase.

I realize this looks like sensationalistic banter, and it probably is. But I like speculating. Please take any of this with a grain of salt.
ChickenLips
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
2912 Posts
August 23 2010 12:39 GMT
#62
Anyone who doesn't see the obvious connection to the TL move to the oGs house is blind.

Too bad, I would've loved to see the whole thing happening but now there are only 2 mediocre terrans in the house and some no-name Zergs and Tosses :/ sSKS and Cool really were the core of the whole strength of the team.
❤Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ✿
Azza
Profile Joined June 2010
China650 Posts
August 23 2010 12:44 GMT
#63
I really like the Terran's in oGs, but its a real shame these two have left for whatever reason.
Grettin
Profile Joined April 2010
42416 Posts
August 23 2010 12:46 GMT
#64
Dyno. has some points there, as long as the fact that some proteam is trying to sign players is true.
"If I had force-fields in Brood War, I'd never lose." -Bisu
Konsume
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada466 Posts
August 23 2010 12:46 GMT
#65
sorry to ask... but I must of missed what TL has to do with oGs ?? can anyone point me to the article please
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
hefty
Profile Joined January 2005
Denmark555 Posts
August 23 2010 12:47 GMT
#66
On August 23 2010 21:39 ChickenLips wrote:
Anyone who doesn't see the obvious connection to the TL move to the oGs house is blind.

Too bad, I would've loved to see the whole thing happening but now there are only 2 mediocre terrans in the house and some no-name Zergs and Tosses :/ sSKS and Cool really were the core of the whole strength of the team.


I believe theSTC is just as good as they are. His show match performance was better, and judging from replays he can compete with/beat them.
Dyno.
Profile Joined August 2008
United States286 Posts
August 23 2010 12:47 GMT
#67
On August 23 2010 21:46 Konsume wrote:
sorry to ask... but I must of missed what TL has to do with oGs ?? can anyone point me to the article please

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=143731
NuKedUFirst
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada3139 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-23 12:48:59
August 23 2010 12:48 GMT
#68
On August 23 2010 21:46 Konsume wrote:
sorry to ask... but I must of missed what TL has to do with oGs ?? can anyone point me to the article please


TeamLiquid is going to be living with oGs in Korea^^
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=143731
FrostedMiniWeet wrote: I like winning because it validates all the bloody time I waste playing SC2.
Pulimuli
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Sweden2766 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-23 12:52:08
August 23 2010 12:49 GMT
#69
On August 23 2010 21:47 hefty wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2010 21:39 ChickenLips wrote:
Anyone who doesn't see the obvious connection to the TL move to the oGs house is blind.

Too bad, I would've loved to see the whole thing happening but now there are only 2 mediocre terrans in the house and some no-name Zergs and Tosses :/ sSKS and Cool really were the core of the whole strength of the team.


I believe theSTC is just as good as they are. His show match performance was better, and judging from replays he can compete with/beat them.


i'd say he's better than them, probably the best player in oGs even from the games i've seen Tester doesnt have a chance
Lighioana
Profile Joined March 2010
Norway466 Posts
August 23 2010 12:53 GMT
#70
On August 23 2010 19:53 rlagksquf wrote:
btw you can ignore the harmful website message that appears when you click the link


I never ignore such messages.
And forgive me nothing for I truly meant it all
Lukeeze[zR]
Profile Joined February 2006
Switzerland6838 Posts
August 23 2010 12:55 GMT
#71
I don't think there is any connection between their departures and TL. They're either joining a new orga, either taking sc2 easier before army.

+ Show Spoiler +
On August 23 2010 20:41 SoJu.WeRRa wrote:
easier to beat oGs with WeRRa now ^^


ROFL YOU'RE STILL ALIVE ?!

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=88210&currentpage=All
Terran & Potato Salad.
koOma
Profile Joined March 2010
Norway462 Posts
August 23 2010 12:55 GMT
#72
where is artosis when u need him
He wears a mask so when he dogs his face / Each and every race could absorb the bass /// ST_Life
Grettin
Profile Joined April 2010
42416 Posts
August 23 2010 13:00 GMT
#73
On August 23 2010 21:55 koOma wrote:
where is artosis when u need him


Flying back to Seoul. lol :D
"If I had force-fields in Brood War, I'd never lose." -Bisu
OTIX
Profile Joined July 2010
Sweden491 Posts
August 23 2010 13:12 GMT
#74
How do these clans work? Do they take a cut of tournament winnings?
Brad
Profile Joined April 2010
2754 Posts
August 23 2010 13:15 GMT
#75
Good luck to them, but it's defiantly the worst timing ever.
Lee Jae Dong proved that a focus on mechanics and execution could solve problems in the StarCraft game strategy.
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51694 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-23 13:18:00
August 23 2010 13:16 GMT
#76
On August 23 2010 21:39 Dyno. wrote:
http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=146507

Show nested quote +
- Anonymous pro team tries to sign anonymous pro player. The whole group drinks on their bill. Nice.


Some team out there is recruiting and trying to sign players to contracts. We know that WeMade had a presence at Cologne. Is it possible that WeMade is starting an SC2 house and poached Tester/Cool?

Are any of the current european teams actually signing their SC2 players to paid contracts with salaries? I don't think so... I think it's just equipment sponsorships and travel expenses. But apparently there was a team that was actually looking to sign a CONTRACT in Cologne, unless I'm misunderstanding Zatic. Who else but WeMade would be doing this? Plus, they have a well-documented history of signing players from games other than Brood War (Counter-Strike, Warcraft 3, etc).

Speculating further (and I must stress this is purely speculation), if it was WeMade, I think it was probably TLO they were trying to sign, for a few reasons:

1) He was chosen for the showmatch against NaDa. This probably wasn't an arbitrary decision. It also suggests they had previously spoken to him.
2) They know he's going to be living in Korea.
3) Whoever it was that this anonymous team tried to sign, he turned them down. I don't think there's many people who would turn down a paid contract to play Starcraft, but I don't think anyone would disagree that TLO is fiercely loyal to TL.
4) TLO is probably the most well known and well liked Starcraft 2 player outside of Korea. This matters to a team since obviously the whole reason behind signing a player is to increase the public exposure of their sponsors. You sign TLO, you sign his fanbase.

I realize this looks like sensationalistic banter, and it probably is. But I like speculating. Please take any of this with a grain of salt.


I don't think it is WMF. It could be one of the foreign pro-teams. My most likely bet is SK-Gaming since they;

a) Have money to spend on players
b) Have a Korean-speaking manager in reis
c) Have a really small roster (Madfrog only)
d) Are historically known for taking the best players from Korea into their team
Commentator
Dyno.
Profile Joined August 2008
United States286 Posts
August 23 2010 13:24 GMT
#77
On August 23 2010 22:16 GTR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2010 21:39 Dyno. wrote:
http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=146507

- Anonymous pro team tries to sign anonymous pro player. The whole group drinks on their bill. Nice.


Some team out there is recruiting and trying to sign players to contracts. We know that WeMade had a presence at Cologne. Is it possible that WeMade is starting an SC2 house and poached Tester/Cool?

Are any of the current european teams actually signing their SC2 players to paid contracts with salaries? I don't think so... I think it's just equipment sponsorships and travel expenses. But apparently there was a team that was actually looking to sign a CONTRACT in Cologne, unless I'm misunderstanding Zatic. Who else but WeMade would be doing this? Plus, they have a well-documented history of signing players from games other than Brood War (Counter-Strike, Warcraft 3, etc).

Speculating further (and I must stress this is purely speculation), if it was WeMade, I think it was probably TLO they were trying to sign, for a few reasons:

1) He was chosen for the showmatch against NaDa. This probably wasn't an arbitrary decision. It also suggests they had previously spoken to him.
2) They know he's going to be living in Korea.
3) Whoever it was that this anonymous team tried to sign, he turned them down. I don't think there's many people who would turn down a paid contract to play Starcraft, but I don't think anyone would disagree that TLO is fiercely loyal to TL.
4) TLO is probably the most well known and well liked Starcraft 2 player outside of Korea. This matters to a team since obviously the whole reason behind signing a player is to increase the public exposure of their sponsors. You sign TLO, you sign his fanbase.

I realize this looks like sensationalistic banter, and it probably is. But I like speculating. Please take any of this with a grain of salt.


I don't think it is WMF. It could be one of the foreign pro-teams. My most likely bet is SK-Gaming since they;

a) Have money to spend on players
b) Have a Korean-speaking manager in reis
c) Have a really small roster (Madfrog only)
d) Are historically known for taking the best players from Korea into their team

yeah those are definitely all valid points. SK is probably the more likely culprit, and they have signed players to contracts in the past. I have no idea if they signed madfrog to a contract or not. For all we know he's still on an existing one.
mrlie3
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada350 Posts
August 23 2010 13:24 GMT
#78
Both players are over 27 years old, and are in preparation for mandatory military service. (Tester mentioned in a interview that he wants to make a big remark before going to military) They probably just wanted to enjoy SC2 as much as they can without a stress before going to military.
Crimson @ Clan CORE | ESFI World Translator
thesighter
Profile Joined July 2010
United States347 Posts
August 23 2010 13:25 GMT
#79
I'd guess that they're leaving for money. No other reason comes to mind. Anyway, why do they even need a team?? If they're confident they're going to do well in GSL, there's no reason for them to join a team. The salaries in SC2 are not yet established, may as well keep all the prize money for themselves!

Brad
Profile Joined April 2010
2754 Posts
August 23 2010 13:26 GMT
#80
On August 23 2010 22:24 Dyno. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2010 22:16 GTR wrote:
On August 23 2010 21:39 Dyno. wrote:
http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=146507

- Anonymous pro team tries to sign anonymous pro player. The whole group drinks on their bill. Nice.


Some team out there is recruiting and trying to sign players to contracts. We know that WeMade had a presence at Cologne. Is it possible that WeMade is starting an SC2 house and poached Tester/Cool?

Are any of the current european teams actually signing their SC2 players to paid contracts with salaries? I don't think so... I think it's just equipment sponsorships and travel expenses. But apparently there was a team that was actually looking to sign a CONTRACT in Cologne, unless I'm misunderstanding Zatic. Who else but WeMade would be doing this? Plus, they have a well-documented history of signing players from games other than Brood War (Counter-Strike, Warcraft 3, etc).

Speculating further (and I must stress this is purely speculation), if it was WeMade, I think it was probably TLO they were trying to sign, for a few reasons:

1) He was chosen for the showmatch against NaDa. This probably wasn't an arbitrary decision. It also suggests they had previously spoken to him.
2) They know he's going to be living in Korea.
3) Whoever it was that this anonymous team tried to sign, he turned them down. I don't think there's many people who would turn down a paid contract to play Starcraft, but I don't think anyone would disagree that TLO is fiercely loyal to TL.
4) TLO is probably the most well known and well liked Starcraft 2 player outside of Korea. This matters to a team since obviously the whole reason behind signing a player is to increase the public exposure of their sponsors. You sign TLO, you sign his fanbase.

I realize this looks like sensationalistic banter, and it probably is. But I like speculating. Please take any of this with a grain of salt.


I don't think it is WMF. It could be one of the foreign pro-teams. My most likely bet is SK-Gaming since they;

a) Have money to spend on players
b) Have a Korean-speaking manager in reis
c) Have a really small roster (Madfrog only)
d) Are historically known for taking the best players from Korea into their team

yeah those are definitely all valid points. SK is probably the more likely culprit, and they have signed players to contracts in the past. I have no idea if they signed madfrog to a contract or not. For all we know he's still on an existing one.


In signed a new one by all accounts. There was a live video of the signing.
Lee Jae Dong proved that a focus on mechanics and execution could solve problems in the StarCraft game strategy.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10:00
Weekly #148 (SHIN Mod Edition)
herO vs KrystianerLIVE!
TBD vs Percival
CranKy Ducklings153
CranKy Ducklings SOOP46
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko395
ProTech141
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 3933
Jaedong 3244
Leta 1530
actioN 957
EffOrt 658
Horang2 561
Soma 413
BeSt 391
Killer 330
Mini 273
[ Show more ]
Rush 221
Stork 220
Pusan 152
Light 147
Barracks 124
Zeus 121
Snow 99
ggaemo 96
Larva 91
JYJ 63
Sea.KH 55
Mong 52
ToSsGirL 42
HiyA 41
hero 40
Bale 35
Sharp 28
Shinee 22
zelot 20
sorry 19
Sexy 14
Noble 10
Sacsri 10
JulyZerg 9
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6240
Dendi772
XaKoH 396
Counter-Strike
kRYSTAL_70
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes3495
Other Games
gofns37946
singsing1616
olofmeister1273
B2W.Neo616
byalli541
Livibee191
OGKoka 107
ArmadaUGS75
DeMusliM14
Organizations
StarCraft 2
WardiTV359
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream278
Other Games
BasetradeTV198
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV249
League of Legends
• Jankos1670
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
11h 33m
Kung Fu Cup
22h 33m
The PondCast
1d 21h
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.