• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:50
CEST 05:50
KST 12:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Rp8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7878 users

Worst losing streak you have ever had? - Page 5

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Rkie
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States1278 Posts
August 19 2010 16:31 GMT
#81
in SC2, i believe only like 3 or 4. But in BW, i had a point where i was 1600 , then didnt win for like a day, falling to about 800. so thats like 16 or so? then i followed that up with reaching D+ for the first time, the next day. I'm very streaky as you can see.
Deleted User 3420
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
24492 Posts
August 19 2010 16:34 GMT
#82
8 but 2 of them were disconnects

everything was going wrong
VanGarde
Profile Joined July 2010
Sweden755 Posts
August 19 2010 16:35 GMT
#83
Went from 2'nd in my diamond division to 40'th and 700 rating to 480 after going 2-14 one night. But managed to win it back over the next two days.
War does not determine who is right - only who is left.
StaRelentless
Profile Joined March 2010
United States11 Posts
August 19 2010 16:35 GMT
#84
Not to get off topic, but reading this thead it's pretty obvious that people are losing a lot of ranks, sometimes in a single loss, due to cheese. Does anyone think points earned or lost should be scaled over time spent in a single game? I'm not trying to write off cheese as being cheap, personally I feel it's part of the game, but at the same time losing your rank so quickly can be devastating to your W/L ratio, which in turn can effect the difficulty of your opponents due to the new matchmaking system.

I just think it's something to consider, and may make games more interesting as people wouldn't be so aggressive to get games over with as fast as possible if they knew winning an hour long game would be the same as winning four fifteen minute games. Of course for the other person it would be like losing four fifteen minute games.

Curious to hear what everyone thinks, should points be scaled over time spent in game, or should you be punished for not scouting properly?
humansherdog
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada85 Posts
August 19 2010 16:38 GMT
#85
6.
Modular1
Profile Joined July 2010
26 Posts
August 19 2010 16:40 GMT
#86
On August 20 2010 00:28 The_Pacifist wrote:
12.

That's the price you pay for trying to learn a new race from the bottom up while being stuck in top diamond because Blizzard won't let you smurf.


That seems silly since you can just use custom games to learn a new race...
sikyon
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada1045 Posts
August 19 2010 16:49 GMT
#87
6. My confidence goes to shit after 2 losses in a row. I get distracted, all over the place
Bob300
Profile Joined April 2010
United States505 Posts
August 19 2010 17:01 GMT
#88
I wanted to play random for 1 day instead of zerg. Lost 232 points in 2 hours... Went like 4 - 35
Got all the points back the next day but very bad losing streak.
NYC Suburbs --- College Freshman --- Season 1 - Drone Whiskey
Cyber_Cheese
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia3615 Posts
August 19 2010 17:05 GMT
#89
2 so far, but i pwn
The moment you lose confidence in yourself, is the moment the world loses it's confidence in you.
gOrfy
Profile Joined August 2010
United States16 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-19 17:40:14
August 19 2010 17:39 GMT
#90
I'm very streaky sometimes, my worst was losing 5 games in a row all PvP

edit: it's kind of comforting that people are in the same boat :D
QueueQueue
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada1000 Posts
August 19 2010 17:44 GMT
#91
Had a 4 game losing streak recently
Mizzet
Profile Joined June 2010
Singapore47 Posts
August 19 2010 17:50 GMT
#92
As I type this I just lost 5 TvTs in a row, feels bad
deo.deo
Profile Joined April 2010
135 Posts
August 19 2010 17:54 GMT
#93
hmm must have been like 4-5 games in a row. Not to bad I think.
Bigger Problem is that I rarely have any winning streaks. Max is like 2-3 wins in a row.
Well I guess that Matchmaking systems is working for me. (Diamond)
alexey350
Profile Joined August 2010
United States22 Posts
August 19 2010 18:00 GMT
#94
I've had an 8 game losing streak back in beta: I got promoted to diamond and played 4 games and won. Next day I log on and start playing and just get endlessly raped 8 times in a row, needless to say I didn't play 1v1 for a few days. I don't BM or rage but I hate losing because of stupid mistakes that I tend to make, so if I feel like I'm going downhill in 1v1's I'll play for a while with friends to relax, clear my head, and try a few fun things out.
"The doer alone learneth." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Wr3k
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada2533 Posts
August 19 2010 18:01 GMT
#95
Prob like 6 or 7 on SC2. On Iccup I went from C- to D to one losing streak....
Yung
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States727 Posts
August 19 2010 18:01 GMT
#96
when i was in beta i got on a 20 games losing streak i went from 1st in gold in like 50th in gold.
CidO
Profile Joined June 2010
United States695 Posts
August 19 2010 18:03 GMT
#97
my cut off is 4, after that I quit the game for a while... has only happened once I think when i was still playing random on ladder and I got terran 3 times in a row (at the time i didn't know the cheesy build orders) and then got a protoss (which i was happy with) and i lost cause I was still pissed.

now i'm zerg and was happy ^^.
:P
Shika
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Sweden1711 Posts
August 19 2010 18:09 GMT
#98
I always quit playing if I lose 3 games in a row or if I feel my mind isn't in the game.

My biggest losing streak is 3 or 4. The matchup system does a pretty good job of lowering the competition when you start losing alot.

It's crazy to see people have upwards 20 game losing streaks. Must be in total meltdown mode for that to be possible.
Belegorm
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States330 Posts
August 19 2010 18:14 GMT
#99
I generally get in a state where I'll keep playing till I win, which leads to some losing streaks. On the other hand, I usually only have like 3 losses before I get some winning streaks, and I've got a 60% win ratio anyhow.
MUM GIVE ME SOME SCISSORS!!!
bnanaPEEL
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada138 Posts
August 19 2010 18:33 GMT
#100
I play random and spawn zerg versus terran five times in a row just now. I really suck at the matchup and lost each one, and then another terran versus terran. Went from rank 1 diamond to rank 8
/noob
unintentionally intoxicated
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 11m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SortOf 7
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2411
Shinee 45
NotJumperer 18
Noble 12
Dota 2
monkeys_forever985
NeuroSwarm175
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft411
Other Games
summit1g7349
Coldzera 763
JimRising 684
C9.Mang0376
PiGStarcraft267
ArmadaUGS28
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1019
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream361
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo1017
• Rush852
• Stunt149
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 11m
Afreeca Starleague
6h 11m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
20h 11m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 7h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.