• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:50
CEST 05:50
KST 12:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Rp8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7878 users

Worst losing streak you have ever had? - Page 6

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next All
Wayem
Profile Joined May 2010
France455 Posts
August 19 2010 18:35 GMT
#101
I am trying new stuff on the ladder right now so 9 losses in a row :/ harsh but when i'm still over 50% i'm fine xD
"who needs micro when you can have more stuff ?" -day9
justiceknight
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Singapore5741 Posts
August 19 2010 18:37 GMT
#102
got a 7 losing streak today and won on the 8th game,then suddenly i got promoted from silver to platinum LOL.Made my day ^_^.
Ryuu314
Profile Joined October 2009
United States12679 Posts
August 19 2010 19:03 GMT
#103
5 game losing streak, but the fifth game was me raging and attempting (aka failing) to pull off a proxy 2gate x]
ofcourse
Profile Joined May 2010
Poland67 Posts
August 19 2010 19:05 GMT
#104
atm like 10 games in a row, 8 of them terrans
NukeTheBunnys
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1004 Posts
August 19 2010 19:07 GMT
#105
I think my longest was about 6-7. I was so pissed at the end I relized I needed to take a break and just went to sleep. Next day after work I won my first game to break the streak
When you play the game of drones you win or you die.
Teton
Profile Joined May 2010
France1656 Posts
August 19 2010 19:09 GMT
#106
4 for me
Thall
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Switzerland214 Posts
August 19 2010 19:10 GMT
#107
must be about 7-8 not entirely sure tho !
This strategy is made of balls ! - Nick "Tasteless" Plott, during GSL cast
Navex
Profile Joined August 2010
United States2 Posts
August 19 2010 19:15 GMT
#108
I have been playing custom for a while and I finally decided to play some real games. I lost to a void ray and stalker masser, then to a roaching mass banshee player then to a guy who turtled up in his base and got mass void rays. after that I just smashed my face against a wall till it bled "no joke" just because I can beat a bronze player who plays strait up but with people who cheese all the time I can't do shit.
"I AM HERE, CLICK ME"
flooq
Profile Joined August 2010
United Kingdom4 Posts
August 19 2010 19:30 GMT
#109
On August 20 2010 01:35 StaRelentless wrote:
Not to get off topic, but reading this thead it's pretty obvious that people are losing a lot of ranks, sometimes in a single loss, due to cheese. Does anyone think points earned or lost should be scaled over time spent in a single game? I'm not trying to write off cheese as being cheap, personally I feel it's part of the game, but at the same time losing your rank so quickly can be devastating to your W/L ratio, which in turn can effect the difficulty of your opponents due to the new matchmaking system.

I just think it's something to consider, and may make games more interesting as people wouldn't be so aggressive to get games over with as fast as possible if they knew winning an hour long game would be the same as winning four fifteen minute games. Of course for the other person it would be like losing four fifteen minute games.

Curious to hear what everyone thinks, should points be scaled over time spent in game, or should you be punished for not scouting properly?


I think you just have to learn to deal with it, it's part of the game whether it's less impressive or less enjoyable than having a long close game.
I don't think you could scale points with time, people would just abuse it by playing games out longer when they know they could finish it.
Castaface
Profile Joined May 2010
Finland34 Posts
August 19 2010 19:37 GMT
#110
Went 2-16 one night. I couldn't stop playing until I'd win ONE GAME but never did. :D

Most of the games were ZvT and in the end it just felt like nothing worked, even though my play was getting really bad at that point. Haven't forced on keeping playing after that - not cos it fucks your ratio but just because it isn't useful or fun at all.
Raisauce
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada864 Posts
August 19 2010 20:04 GMT
#111
7 games in a row feeling good then BAM 4 losses =(.
Necrosjef
Profile Joined March 2010
United Kingdom530 Posts
August 19 2010 20:05 GMT
#112
I lost 6 games in a row pretty recently. Ended the day with something like 14-16 though, which wasn't too bad.
Europe Server Diamond Player: ID=Necrosjef Code=957
Botwin_ca
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada8 Posts
August 19 2010 20:07 GMT
#113
My first time playing iCCup after 8 years of no starcraft I lost my first 16 games, luckily I kinda expected that.
Malminos
Profile Joined July 2010
United States321 Posts
August 19 2010 20:28 GMT
#114
I lost 5 1v1s in a row. was all my allies fault
"To dream of because become happiness "
SigmaSin
Profile Joined July 2008
Canada13 Posts
August 19 2010 20:35 GMT
#115
Lost 8 games in a row in the beta, all ZvP, all to 4 gate. Frustrating, but I got much better at defending 4 gate from watching the replays.
RodrigoX
Profile Joined November 2009
United States645 Posts
August 19 2010 20:37 GMT
#116
Ive lost 9 games in a row once. But when I go on losing streaks I can get up to 20 losses in total with 30 games.
We were all raised on televion that made us believe we'd all be Millionairs, Movie gods, and Rockstars..... But we won't.... We are slowly learning that fact. And we are very, very pissed off.
Skaya
Profile Joined August 2010
United States126 Posts
August 19 2010 20:38 GMT
#117
got DC'd three times, raged and proceeded to lose 5 more games the old fashioned way....


fuuuuuuuuuuuu-
voidis
Profile Joined May 2010
5 Posts
August 19 2010 20:38 GMT
#118
I watch this when I start losing games - helps me recover a bit, I hope it helps you too!
He is Pro.
Gigaudas
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Sweden1213 Posts
August 19 2010 22:15 GMT
#119
Four, games, one ZvZ and three ZvP.

Sometimes I just don't get ZvP. I might win when I didn't expect to or I might lose without really knowing what I could've done about it.
I
Kensai
Profile Joined July 2010
28 Posts
August 23 2010 03:35 GMT
#120
Just had a 7 streak, cheesed twice, the rest just straight up losses. I think that makes it harder >.<
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 10m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SortOf 7
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2411
Shinee 45
NotJumperer 18
Noble 12
Dota 2
monkeys_forever985
NeuroSwarm175
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft411
Other Games
summit1g7349
Coldzera 763
JimRising 684
C9.Mang0376
PiGStarcraft267
ArmadaUGS28
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1019
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream361
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo1017
• Rush852
• Stunt149
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 10m
Afreeca Starleague
6h 10m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
20h 10m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 7h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.