• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:58
CEST 12:58
KST 19:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon107
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
All you football fans (soccer)! Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8224 users

Losing Streaks-To Play or not to play after losing - Page 3

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
MrWinkles
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States200 Posts
August 10 2010 13:56 GMT
#41
Yeah, take a break, get a drink, chill out and think about something else, maybe watch some TV for a few minutes and when that active rage goes away if you still feel like playing give it a go
What does the knight do?
dekuschrub
Profile Joined May 2008
United States2069 Posts
August 10 2010 13:56 GMT
#42
yeah you have a to take a break. so many times I have been playing bad but kept going only to drop more games. I go play mass effect or something then come back the next day and its a complete 180.

i suppose its like in poker when people go on tilt
shannn
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Netherlands2891 Posts
August 10 2010 14:02 GMT
#43
<--- I was on a 12 game losing streak in p2 beta.
In retail not higher than 7 games (or 8) losing streak.

I know how you feel what kind of frustration it is.
For me I play some games good and lose and other games I actually play better than my opponent but I just give it away and that makes me even more frustrated.

What I do then is just man up and play games.
I usually end up losing few more before I win again and go into a winning streak again.
The losing just keeps reminding me from preventing the same mistakes or not ovelrook on few details which causes the losses.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=6321864 Epic post.
SugarBear
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States842 Posts
August 10 2010 14:05 GMT
#44
Last night I lost seven games in a row to top level diamond players, but then I won the eighth game and got promoted to diamond league finally :D

So I say never give up, never surrender! Keep playing until you win!
Staff vVv Gaming | "So what did you do today?" "Oh not much, mined some minerals, harvested some gas, spawned some zergs, the usual"
MICHELLE
Profile Joined June 2010
Korea (South)199 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-10 14:08:33
August 10 2010 14:08 GMT
#45
I know each time idrA lose a game in ladder, he will play a UMS. I don't remember which one thought...
Artosis, he's like that moss that grows on a tree that lets you know where the sun is
Nayas
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada33 Posts
August 10 2010 14:11 GMT
#46
Its up to you. Everyone handle losing streak differently.

I generally stop and go drive some golf balls or pratice my chip or my long putt. I need to focus to do those things and when I come back, my focus is back on the game
Zoltan
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States656 Posts
August 10 2010 14:17 GMT
#47
When i go on a loss streak- I always go back and watch the replays of ALL the losses in a row. Ususally I'll find gaping holes in my game or see that I'm just macroing poorly. It's rare that i lose more than 2 in a row, so when it does happen, taking a break to watch the replays and see where im messing up usually gets me nice and focused for my next game. If I lose the next game... well im probably done for the night
'HOW LONG HAVE THOSE REAPERS BEEN KILLING MY PROBES?!?!
PanzerDragoon
Profile Joined March 2010
United States822 Posts
August 10 2010 14:19 GMT
#48
On August 10 2010 23:08 MICHELLE wrote:
I know each time idrA lose a game in ladder, he will play a UMS. I don't remember which one thought...

in phase 2 he was playing a ton of Battlecraft
papaz
Profile Joined December 2009
Sweden4149 Posts
August 10 2010 14:32 GMT
#49
Winning or losing shouldn't be the goal, they should be the result of how you played.

Watch your replays and look at what you did. If you lost doing what you planned then you pretty much got owned. Then just learn from it and try getting better.

If lost doing mistakes than either take a break or practice outside of the ladder. Custom games/build order tester/micro tester etc.

deViation-
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada85 Posts
August 10 2010 14:34 GMT
#50
You are on tilt.

Stop for the day, regroup tommorow.

You are not thinking straight and you are will only get more frustrated when you lose more due to non-clearheaded-dness
"The answers you seek, lie within."
Jackafur
Profile Joined February 2010
United States116 Posts
August 10 2010 14:38 GMT
#51
I take breaks. I'll play somthing else. For instance during the beta when I got mad i'd speed run Super Metroid. My best time is 47 minutes. I always have another game to play if I feel like I need to take a break from starcraft 2 for the day.
ZeroByDivide
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada85 Posts
August 10 2010 15:14 GMT
#52
Depends. Once I lost 6 in a row and was very calm about it and ended up winning 8 of my next 10. Another day I kept getting rolled by Terran and went like 3-5 and was absolutely furious. If you're playing well and are losing to better players then continue to play if you feel motivated. If you're getting frustrated and as a result lose focus, take a break until you calm down and can play with an actual goal in mind.
Tllyx
Profile Joined May 2010
United States38 Posts
August 10 2010 15:54 GMT
#53
Honestly I have the exact opposite reaction. If I lose a game, I'm determined to play another. If I win a game, it's like I quit for the night.
"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me."
wuddersup
Profile Joined July 2010
United States228 Posts
August 10 2010 15:57 GMT
#54
Marine Arena is the ultimate rage-reducer.
Brazen[six]
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada203 Posts
August 10 2010 16:13 GMT
#55
Like many others, I usually take a break from the computer all together. I've broken a couple headsets from nerd rage. Do something for the little while, watch some TV and wind down a bit. I usually come back a few hours later and watch some streams and read some threads to get some tips. I then try and think about some of the matches and what I could've done differently and then start fresh.
Qikz
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United Kingdom12056 Posts
August 10 2010 16:26 GMT
#56
I just had a three really stupid game losing streak, I should of won them but alas I lost. Raging like a maniac, so I'll do as I always do. Just take a break from playing and go back later fresh and ready to fight.
FanTaSy's #1 Fan | STPL Caster/Organiser | SKT BEST KT | https://twitch.tv/stpl
Lafonzo
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada26 Posts
August 12 2010 14:32 GMT
#57
That's happens to me yesterday. A day like everything goes in the wrong direction .
First game I take a lost from a 1 minute game drop.Right at the start I was red.
During the 5 -6 game after I drop 2 times and it was lagging hard sometime due to me or my oponents.One of these game was a race of who will finish the others before and I lost this one two.It was a pure shitty day with bad luck and more I was loosing more I loose my concentration .
So at the end I should do something else.And the cherry on the sunday was my last game a 50minute game against a zerg, I was dominating all the game,he was just surviving and I finish him.I got the victory screen,I come back on battle net and it says that im disconected.I reconnect and saw that my victory was not take in count . I was so pist off. But you know I think this happens to everybody at one time .
FTemplar
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada70 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-12 14:50:54
August 12 2010 14:41 GMT
#58
On August 10 2010 07:31 Snuggles wrote:
Do you guys think I should just man up and mass up another 10+ games through the night, or should I just take a break and play some other day? How should I readjust my mindset when I start losing 6 + games in row? What do you guys do when you start losing a bunch? Please do share.


I am gonna tell you an advice that I took directly from Poker. Obviously, the stakes here are much lesser in SC2 (ladder points) than they are at poker (money) but the logic still stands. (There is much in common with poker and Starcraft...)

Losing, and/or long sessions can cause you to derive from your optimal strategy mindset. This can cause you to play differently, play more agressively ore defensively when you normally wouldn't, etc. When playing poker, this is called going on tilt and I believe it applies to most competitons, games, etc.

Take a break or think about why you are losing until you're re-focused and into that optimal strategy mindset again. The only other way to overcome this is to disregard the outcome of your matches. Losing streaks will happen and are inevitable.
I have to vomit every 30 seconds, otherwise I don't feel so good.
Fadetowhite
Profile Joined August 2010
Korea (South)302 Posts
August 12 2010 14:41 GMT
#59
watch the replays, see what could improve , improve , win.
메신저
Serendipicus
Profile Joined August 2010
United States90 Posts
August 12 2010 15:24 GMT
#60
Should be the time to reflect on where you can improve from replays. You'll never stop learning and it will be a break from game play. Don't stress from a loss, those are the ones where you can see what could of been done better. From there you'll be stronger.
Can I ask you a question?
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
10:00
Ro8 Match 4
Leta vs Soulkey
Afreeca ASL 15983
StarCastTV_EN376
Liquipedia
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10:00
Weekly #148 (SHIN Mod Edition)
TBD vs Percival
TBD vs Krystianer
CranKy Ducklings81
CranKy Ducklings SOOP18
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko109
ProTech24
OGKoka 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 10926
Jaedong 5301
EffOrt 2705
BeSt 1159
actioN 865
Killer 640
Soma 574
Horang2 508
ZerO 485
Pusan 428
[ Show more ]
Zeus 238
Stork 211
Rush 158
JYJ 148
Barracks 116
ToSsGirL 55
Mong 52
HiyA 50
Bale 29
Sexy 28
Terrorterran 27
Sharp 26
Shinee 25
sorry 20
NaDa 18
Noble 11
JulyZerg 9
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc4973
XaKoH 398
League of Legends
Reynor50
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft2288
crisheroes1754
Other Games
gofns59776
singsing1409
olofmeister918
byalli557
Livibee217
Pyrionflax136
ArmadaUGS54
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick518
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream330
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 248
StarCraft 2
WardiTV16
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH365
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1769
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
13h 2m
Kung Fu Cup
1d
The PondCast
1d 23h
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.