• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:31
CEST 16:31
KST 23:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Where can I find Flash replays that work? Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8482 users

Losing Streaks-To Play or not to play after losing

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 Next All
Snuggles
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1865 Posts
August 09 2010 22:31 GMT
#1
I just lost like 8 or so games in a row and now I feel like absolute shit. 3 of those games were from dropping, 1 of them a silly 6pool, and the rest were long good games where I just couldn't pull through for the win. I mean I don't mind losing as long as I play a good game, but it gets to the point where losing becomes really frustrating.

I came home from work today, cleaned up a bit, and hopped on to have some good games on SC2. Losing so many times in row totally ruined my mood, and I don't even feel motivated anymore to continue playing. Improving my game is all fine and dandy but having a few wins here and there along the way helps to keep up the momentum. Not winning at all can be a real drag after awhile...

UDSADA&*(DUAODOIJI@#IOJO)@!U#*()U!*()@#

At this point I'm trying really hard not to toss my keyboard out the window =_=, writing up this thread is an attempt to calm myself down. Wouldn't you guys be pissed if you lost a bunch of 20 minute - 30 minute games, not to mention the random drops...

Do you guys think I should just man up and mass up another 10+ games through the night, or should I just take a break and play some other day? How should I readjust my mindset when I start losing 6 + games in row? What do you guys do when you start losing a bunch? Please do share.
cr4ckshot
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States291 Posts
August 09 2010 22:33 GMT
#2
pew pew

User was temp banned for this post.
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
August 09 2010 22:34 GMT
#3
If you go on a big losing streak what i usually do is just stop for a couple days then come back and usually ill win a couple games

I have friends who will play it out until they get atleast one win though, so i guess its just up to you
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
Macabre
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1262 Posts
August 09 2010 22:35 GMT
#4
On August 10 2010 07:33 cr4ckshot wrote:
pew pew

User was temp banned for this post.


What the hell???

Anyways OP,


I would watch your replays and try to note your biggest flaw. Play a few games and focus on that flaw, sometimes practicing a certain thing is better than just massing games. Good luck.
Those who know how to think need no teachers. Tasteless - I think I'll take my shirt off and let my muscles do the casting
Myles
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5162 Posts
August 09 2010 22:36 GMT
#5
Watch some streams. I've found after getting frustrated from a long losing streak that sitting back and seeing what someone else does helps me to think what I've been doing wrong.
Moderator
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
August 09 2010 22:38 GMT
#6
On August 10 2010 07:34 arb wrote:
If you go on a big losing streak what i usually do is just stop for a couple days then come back and usually ill win a couple games

I have friends who will play it out until they get atleast one win though, so i guess its just up to you

I never understood the "end on a win" mentality. Personally, it just never seemed like that big of a deal to me.

And yeah, if you're really getting worked up about it, then you should probably take a break, as it's likely impacting your play. I generally take a break to play 2v2, UMS games, or some off-race practice games with friends.
Moderator
L3g3nd_
Profile Joined July 2010
New Zealand10461 Posts
August 09 2010 22:38 GMT
#7
it depends. if im mad ill stop playing, if i take the losses well ill keep playing
https://twitter.com/#!/IrisAnother
ReketSomething
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States6012 Posts
August 09 2010 22:39 GMT
#8
I recently lost 5 games in a row which totally destroyed my record (I was like 80% => 60%) and now I am winning again. NEver give up and keep on fighting!!! After losing a lot you start winning a lot ^^
Jaedong :3
vnlegend
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States1389 Posts
August 09 2010 22:39 GMT
#9
I'd recommend playing 2v2 or 3v3 ladder, or 2v2/3v3 custom, or Nexus Wars. Grinding away in the 1v1 ladder is pretty depressing really. It's more fun to play with friends. Unless you plan on becoming a progamer or a full-time player, just accept that you can't be the best and take your loses more lightly.
Marines > everything
Arrian
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States889 Posts
August 09 2010 22:41 GMT
#10
I usually do something else that's low stress for a bit, but I've been where you are, losing a couple intense games in a row. It does get frustrating but it is pretty rewarding at the same time imo. More fun than losing to 1 base timing pushes 3 times in a row after having to quit in the first 2 seconds of a game because of an emergency. Those losses are the ones that burn me.
Writersator arepo tenet opera rotas
cuppatea
Profile Joined April 2010
United Kingdom1401 Posts
August 09 2010 22:42 GMT
#11
Keep playing and with the way the AMM works you'll get a run of easier opponents and go on a bit of win streak yourself.
Thall
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Switzerland214 Posts
August 09 2010 22:43 GMT
#12
After i get like 3-4 or losses in a row( unless i played good fun games, then i dont really mind), I throw in a TV series or go working out. If i only need a little break I do like 1-2 SP or vs A.I. achievements (since i run out of SP achievements). Even though i dont really care for achievements they just fit in perfectly to do a 10-15 min break and distract yourself. This really works great for me, in WC3 i always rage quit for the rest of the day and smashed something in my room or shouted at my sister. (Was a big ass if i now look back)

gl handling your losses !
This strategy is made of balls ! - Nick "Tasteless" Plott, during GSL cast
PhuxPro
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States294 Posts
August 09 2010 22:44 GMT
#13
When I go on a losing spree, I like to calm down with Co-Op games with other players I don't know. It's pretty fun, and there's no pressure into winning, unlike a ladder. I also play custom games like Nexus Wars. You should try it; they added a new Fog of War update!
Money was meant solely to be spent.
Ronald_McD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Canada807 Posts
August 09 2010 22:45 GMT
#14
If you're losing a bunch and it just demoralizes you, go take a break and do something else. Or play UMS or something for a bit. It's not like you can't go watch some TV or something and just come back later
FUCKING GAY LAGS
ROOTFayth
Profile Joined January 2004
Canada3351 Posts
August 09 2010 22:46 GMT
#15
just stop playing for like 30 minutes, think about what you should do better and then go play again with the right mindset which should always be "I'm going to play at the best of my capacity"
virgozero
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada412 Posts
August 09 2010 22:47 GMT
#16
I dont know about you guys but once I loose 2-3 games in a row.
Sh1t just starts happening.

I was on a 3 lost streak, then the next game baneling all-in'd (never happened before), after that, cannon inbased, and last but not least to finish off the beautiful day, blue screen of death on a PvZ I was certain I had the advantage of.
Eeeegor
Profile Joined April 2005
Australia809 Posts
August 09 2010 22:52 GMT
#17
I'll usually have a plan for playing a set number of games, regardless of their result I'll stick to it. After that I'll take a bit of a break, grab a drink/snack, and then watch through the replays - all of them, both wins and losses. I'll pay attention to things I wasn't doing well, what the other player did to beat me, where my macro was sloppy, etc etc.

Then I'll think of that for a little bit, and play another set of games. Rinse and repeat.
Day9 Made Me Do It
ROOTFayth
Profile Joined January 2004
Canada3351 Posts
August 09 2010 22:53 GMT
#18
On August 10 2010 07:47 virgozero wrote:
I dont know about you guys but once I loose 2-3 games in a row.
Sh1t just starts happening.

I was on a 3 lost streak, then the next game baneling all-in'd (never happened before), after that, cannon inbased, and last but not least to finish off the beautiful day, blue screen of death on a PvZ I was certain I had the advantage of.

well at least on sc2 when people go in tilt monkey mode they don't lose money xD
Ighox
Profile Joined July 2009
Norway580 Posts
August 09 2010 22:53 GMT
#19
I'v been dealing with similar stuff the last couple of days, I really want to ladder a lot and honestly I'm not doing too bad overall but at some points I suddenly go on a losing streak like 2 wins 8 losses.
At some points I also go on a good winning streak though but it just feels like the losses outweigh the wins and I kinda just rage hard and stop playing for a while.
It really sucks because I don't want to stop, I want to play
Yesterday I even tried 6pooling to get in better mood (pretty much the second time ever I 6pooled), but the other zerg also 6 pooled so the match turned into something completely retarded, so that didn't work out that well.
Zintis
Profile Joined May 2010
41 Posts
August 09 2010 22:54 GMT
#20
I usually either take a break like arb says, or exercise. Maybe 4 or 5 minutes of push-ups and sit-ups on every bad loss help me get a different frame of mind (instead of unhappy, now I'm tired ). There's some scientific reasons for it but i'll save the readers from my psychobabble and just finish by saying that it helps.
1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 29m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech144
Codebar 14
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 2231
EffOrt 1051
Soma 827
Mini 796
ggaemo 406
Horang2 376
Light 352
Rush 350
BeSt 313
Stork 285
[ Show more ]
Larva 275
Snow 239
actioN 182
hero 179
Barracks 165
Killer 138
firebathero 116
Zeus 103
Sea.KH 71
JYJ 67
Mong 55
Aegong 47
Sharp 46
Sexy 39
Shinee 36
ToSsGirL 35
Bale 25
zelot 21
sorry 18
Terrorterran 17
Rock 14
Shine 13
Sacsri 10
Icarus 9
JulyZerg 8
Dewaltoss 4
Dota 2
Gorgc7158
qojqva1546
Dendi825
XaKoH 464
420jenkins49
Counter-Strike
Fnx 673
kRYSTAL_461
edward79
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes4634
Khaldor375
Other Games
gofns47547
singsing1739
B2W.Neo868
byalli544
Lowko421
DeMusliM216
mouzStarbuck190
Liquid`VortiX161
Livibee144
ArmadaUGS108
KnowMe101
Chillindude16
Railgan14
amsayoshi14
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV279
BasetradeTV185
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream165
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 69
• mYiSmile119
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 27
• FirePhoenix6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV372
League of Legends
• Nemesis2126
• Jankos1856
• TFBlade575
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
9h 29m
Kung Fu Cup
20h 29m
The PondCast
1d 19h
OSC
1d 22h
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.