• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:27
CEST 20:27
KST 03:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10056 users

EB Games Canada giving out beta keys to pre-orders - Page 8

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 Next All
kingjames01
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada1603 Posts
April 21 2010 14:55 GMT
#141
There were 8 to begin with at the Guelph, ON store by Clair Road. I bought two...
There's 2 more stores around town that might have more as well.
Who would sup with the mighty, must walk the path of daggers.
StinkyBoots
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada76 Posts
April 21 2010 15:18 GMT
#142
I got mine at Billings Bridge in Ottawa. Still has 5 left.
Eh?
cronican
Profile Joined February 2009
Canada424 Posts
April 21 2010 16:12 GMT
#143
Got 3 keys (3 preorders) about 2 hours ago from the eglinton and Victoria park store in toronto, they still have 16 as far as I know.
R0bert
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada34 Posts
April 21 2010 16:16 GMT
#144
Any vancouver people checked this out yet?

Ill be going to day in about 1 hour to see whats up/ pre order anyway
Eh?
IceLom
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada17 Posts
April 21 2010 16:18 GMT
#145
The local eb games here did get beta keys bu not even enough to cover there current pre-orders... since i did not pre-order yet i cant get one

Glad i planned on purchaseing straight from blizzard when the game came out... feel kinda silly now.
umwien42
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada13 Posts
April 21 2010 16:19 GMT
#146
Preordered Starcraft 2 from EBGames in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada (Regent Ave Location) today and I finally got my Beta key!
Indog
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada15 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-21 16:22:58
April 21 2010 16:22 GMT
#147
I was the first into the Ajax, Ontario store this morning, and they had 10 keys on a printed sheet. They wouldn't let me get more than one key for pre-ordering more copies . Also, I took the key they gave me to battle.net and it tells me it's invalid

edit: Does anybody know if you get a different error if someone has used your key than if the key is just wrong? I just get an "invalid key" error.
CheAse
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada919 Posts
April 21 2010 16:22 GMT
#148
On April 22 2010 01:16 R0bert wrote:
Any vancouver people checked this out yet?

Ill be going to day in about 1 hour to see whats up/ pre order anyway


All of the ones in surrey//langley are gone, Vancouver may be gone too. Good luck though
SCV good to go sir
Jyvblamo
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada13788 Posts
April 21 2010 16:23 GMT
#149
Apparently the EB at Conestoga mall @ Waterloo doesn't have keys, they're saying only US branches have them. I bet those guys just kept the keys they got for themselves =P
kjdjy
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada4 Posts
April 21 2010 16:28 GMT
#150
I posted this in the other thread about US pre-order keys because I didnt see this one but here it is again for Canadians:

Just posting to let you guys know that the EBGames at the Harmony Road Plaza in Oshawa, Ontario gave me a sheet of paper with ten (10!) beta keys on it for a preorder. He said I was the first person to come in since they got them so they still probably have more.

-Unfortunately I intend to pass these keys along to my friends, so just in-advance saying I cant pass them out to you guys

-I realize my credibility is essentially zero due to my post count but this is not a lie, and if you live in this area and don't believe me then it's your loss I suppose

As an extra note, I've used three of them for myself/friends so far and all three have worked.
da_head
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Canada3350 Posts
April 21 2010 16:53 GMT
#151
10 million thanks gimj! i finally got a beta key =D
When they see MC Probe, all the ladies disrobe.
Kittyness
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada72 Posts
April 21 2010 16:57 GMT
#152
Ottawa St in Kitchener had about 10 left after I got mine at noonish.

<3 EB

Pheard
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada22 Posts
April 21 2010 17:06 GMT
#153
On April 22 2010 01:23 Jyvblamo wrote:
Apparently the EB at Conestoga mall @ Waterloo doesn't have keys, they're saying only US branches have them. I bet those guys just kept the keys they got for themselves =P


I too called conestoga mall this morning with the same result (I go to WLU), hopefully they'll still have some available in the GTA when I head back after exams on Friday, but I doubt this is going to be the case. In the mean time, I have messaged a few people who are back to go pick a couple up, but no responses yet Gl with your hunt!
Tbird
Profile Joined December 2008
Canada42 Posts
April 21 2010 17:07 GMT
#154
Just got two keys from the Southcentre Gamestop in Calgary, AB. Looks like they still have 10+. I ordered the preorders through different phone numbers so if they won't let you get more than one key for one person try that.

On April 22 2010 01:22 Indog wrote:
I was the first into the Ajax, Ontario store this morning, and they had 10 keys on a printed sheet. They wouldn't let me get more than one key for pre-ordering more copies . Also, I took the key they gave me to battle.net and it tells me it's invalid

edit: Does anybody know if you get a different error if someone has used your key than if the key is just wrong? I just get an "invalid key" error.


You have to use the "Add or Upgrade a Game" tab instead of the "Item Code Redemption" tab. It should work then!
入るを計りて出ずるを制す
StayFrosty
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada743 Posts
April 21 2010 17:09 GMT
#155
So I went to EB today and pre-ordered the Collectors Edition. The lady there asks me... "Do you want a beta key?" So obviously I say "sure" I accidentally threw in that I already had one and would probably give it to a friend and she was like "well they should come pre-order it too then" and I was like wtf? Not being in the mood to argue, I was just like whatever and walked out.

But what kind of BS is that?
R0bert
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada34 Posts
April 21 2010 17:11 GMT
#156
On April 22 2010 02:09 StayFrosty wrote:
So I went to EB today and pre-ordered the Collectors Edition. The lady there asks me... "Do you want a beta key?" So obviously I say "sure" I accidentally threw in that I already had one and would probably give it to a friend and she was like "well they should come pre-order it too then" and I was like wtf? Not being in the mood to argue, I was just like whatever and walked out.

But what kind of BS is that?


Fool, thats lame
Eh?
R0bert
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada34 Posts
April 21 2010 17:33 GMT
#157
AWSOME NESS

There are beta kets at the eb at parkandtilford in North Vancouver. Probably like 7 left now so get over there asap if you in the area
Eh?
Holcan
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada2593 Posts
April 21 2010 17:37 GMT
#158
On April 22 2010 02:06 Pheard wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2010 01:23 Jyvblamo wrote:
Apparently the EB at Conestoga mall @ Waterloo doesn't have keys, they're saying only US branches have them. I bet those guys just kept the keys they got for themselves =P


I too called conestoga mall this morning with the same result (I go to WLU), hopefully they'll still have some available in the GTA when I head back after exams on Friday, but I doubt this is going to be the case. In the mean time, I have messaged a few people who are back to go pick a couple up, but no responses yet Gl with your hunt!




Go to kitchener and get it from the Ottawa Street location


EB Games 1758
(519) 745-8695
245 STRASBURG RD
KITCHENER, N2E 3W7


call them now if you want
Reference The Inadvertant Joey, Strong talented orchastrasted intelligent character.
Dikun
Profile Joined October 2009
Canada17 Posts
April 21 2010 17:37 GMT
#159
I just got one from EB in Ontario, RichmondHill and they still had 20 left o_o. They said that CE is limited though so they'll call me back once they know how many they'll get =(
Pheard
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada22 Posts
April 21 2010 17:43 GMT
#160
On April 22 2010 02:37 Holcan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2010 02:06 Pheard wrote:
On April 22 2010 01:23 Jyvblamo wrote:
Apparently the EB at Conestoga mall @ Waterloo doesn't have keys, they're saying only US branches have them. I bet those guys just kept the keys they got for themselves =P


I too called conestoga mall this morning with the same result (I go to WLU), hopefully they'll still have some available in the GTA when I head back after exams on Friday, but I doubt this is going to be the case. In the mean time, I have messaged a few people who are back to go pick a couple up, but no responses yet Gl with your hunt!




Go to kitchener and get it from the Ottawa Street location


EB Games 1758
(519) 745-8695
245 STRASBURG RD
KITCHENER, N2E 3W7


call them now if you want


Thanks, that's a little far for me w/o a car and an exam tomorrow though
Here's to hoping I can get back to Richmond Hill in time
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
00:00
#14
Clem vs Harstem
IndyStarCraft 248
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
IndyStarCraft 248
Railgan 80
JuggernautJason60
BRAT_OK 57
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14960
BeSt 379
Mini 208
Soma 188
Dewaltoss 145
Mind 92
hero 63
Zeus 48
Hyun 41
ToSsGirL 26
[ Show more ]
Bale 23
Rock 21
NaDa 21
PianO 17
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
qojqva2737
420jenkins511
Counter-Strike
fl0m3821
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5055
Khaldor1219
Liquid`Hasu1044
MindelVK10
Other Games
FrodaN1715
B2W.Neo810
summit1g551
byalli453
Hui .260
QueenE72
Mew2King47
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1177
BasetradeTV180
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream53
StarCraft 2
angryscii 22
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 31
• Reevou 10
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 43
• 80smullet 13
• FirePhoenix4
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 4279
League of Legends
• Nemesis1881
Other Games
• imaqtpie634
• Shiphtur282
• WagamamaTV238
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
34m
BSL Open Qualifier
34m
Replay Cast
4h 34m
Afreeca Starleague
15h 34m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
16h 34m
Monday Night Weeklies
21h 34m
Replay Cast
1d 4h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 15h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 16h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.