• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:26
CEST 04:26
KST 11:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War395.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9440 users

EB Games Canada giving out beta keys to pre-orders

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 8 9 10 Next All
GIMJ
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada46 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-21 00:15:50
April 20 2010 23:42 GMT
#1
I just got a call from EB Games saying that they were now giving out beta keys to people who pre-order starcraft 2. They said I can go in and pick it up starting tomorrow. Has anyone else heard anything about this? I will let you guys know if I actually get one tomorrow when I get home from work...

EDIT: It seems like a few other people have been able to call and confirm that this is the case but there may be only a limited number...
Betagama
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada19 Posts
April 20 2010 23:43 GMT
#2
Omg i hope so. I already pre-purchased the collectors edition from them. I would definitely deserve one! lol
Brucy
Profile Joined April 2010
United States51 Posts
April 20 2010 23:44 GMT
#3
I really hope so cause that is a great idea! :O ill drive to Canada
encryptedamf
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden64 Posts
April 20 2010 23:44 GMT
#4
wow if this is true i'm going to have to preorder right away, i was using my friends account but i cant anymore !!!!
da_head
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Canada3350 Posts
April 20 2010 23:49 GMT
#5
can i get a confirmation on this? if so, i'm gonna go buy one right now lmao.
When they see MC Probe, all the ladies disrobe.
febreze
Profile Joined April 2010
167 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-20 23:57:54
April 20 2010 23:55 GMT
#6
Great, I hope this is offered with collector's edition. Link please!
Beauty in truth, deception with dogma, meaning through life.
prodiG
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada2016 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-21 00:10:02
April 21 2010 00:00 GMT
#7
anyone else got a call?


edit: i called my local eb, it's tha troof

from the sounds of things limited number of keys though, so get on it ;D
ESV Mapmaking Team || http://twitter.com/prodiGsc || Real talk, I don't have time to sugar-coat it for you sir
GreenFantastic
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada78 Posts
April 21 2010 00:01 GMT
#8
Well then, I am totally pre-ordering ASAP. Let's hope they aren't just messing with us.
Chill-leader Set plz
MiniRoman
Profile Blog Joined September 2003
Canada3953 Posts
April 21 2010 00:01 GMT
#9
Confirmed/denied? I hate the eb by my house (SMUG FUCKERS) but I guess I would preorder for a beta key. I mean who isn't going to buy this game?
Nak Allstar.
Drakonis
Profile Joined October 2009
Canada97 Posts
April 21 2010 00:01 GMT
#10
There is an EB 5 mins away from my house..
I'll go check and come back to let you know
sword_siege
Profile Joined September 2002
United States624 Posts
April 21 2010 00:11 GMT
#11
Since this is only a Canadian situation as far as I know this is the one circumstance where I wish I was Canadian instead of American.

Just kidding but couldn't help to jab at my northern neighbours. Thanks for Molson too :-)
Toyman69
Profile Joined November 2009
Canada100 Posts
April 21 2010 00:14 GMT
#12
I can confirm this for the Vancouver area, don't know about other places.
Lee Jaedong fighting!
Goatlust
Profile Joined August 2009
Australia131 Posts
April 21 2010 00:15 GMT
#13
Wow. Hope the Aussies catch on to this. I pre-ordered Collectors Edition from EB myself.
DJay_
Profile Joined February 2010
United States103 Posts
April 21 2010 00:16 GMT
#14
lucky canadians
prototype.
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada4215 Posts
April 21 2010 00:17 GMT
#15
Smart move blizzard.

Raking in the money before the game is even released. - _ -
( ・´ー・`)
Kennigit *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada19447 Posts
April 21 2010 00:19 GMT
#16
Does this mean people wont take part in ridiculous Jersey Shore themed contests?
Ftrunkz
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Australia2474 Posts
April 21 2010 00:19 GMT
#17
I thought this would be against the Terms of services... It's obvious that they're using the beta keys to generate lots and lots of revenue for their business they otherwise wouldnt get :o
@NvPinder on twitter | Member of Gamecom Nv | http://www.clan-ta.com | http://www.youtube.com/user/ftrunkz | http://www.twitchtv.com/xghpinder
Drakonis
Profile Joined October 2009
Canada97 Posts
April 21 2010 00:20 GMT
#18
This is confirmed, I'm at eb now
Rhodan
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia232 Posts
April 21 2010 00:20 GMT
#19
On April 21 2010 09:19 Kennigit wrote:
Does this mean people wont take part in ridiculous Jersey Shore themed contests?


You'll still have us non-Canadians, unless EB bring this to Australia.... in which case I'm so there
I only needed one probe to take down idra. I had to upgrade to a zealot for strelok." - Liquid`Tyler
Polygamy
Profile Joined January 2010
Austria1114 Posts
April 21 2010 00:21 GMT
#20
what about the US?
1 2 3 4 5 8 9 10 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings120
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 106
PiLiPiLi 20
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2336
ViBE138
Bale 31
Dota 2
monkeys_forever465
NeuroSwarm199
League of Legends
Doublelift4721
Counter-Strike
summit1g7166
taco 656
Other Games
JimRising 543
C9.Mang0315
WinterStarcraft241
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick978
BasetradeTV185
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 108
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP93
• poizon28 34
• davetesta29
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1109
• Shiphtur157
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
7h 34m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
9h 34m
AI Arena Tournament
14h 34m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
16h 34m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 7h
Patches Events
1d 12h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.