• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:11
CEST 07:11
KST 14:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7615 users

Top 200 U.S. by Rating - Page 6

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Windblade
Profile Joined July 2009
United States161 Posts
February 27 2010 01:18 GMT
#101
no that's what we call "rage quit"
CowGoMoo
Profile Joined December 2006
United States428 Posts
February 27 2010 01:20 GMT
#102
On February 27 2010 09:28 siNdreAd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2010 08:20 CowGoMoo wrote:
Idra is hilarious, he rages so hard it seems xD

I randomed one game and got ZvP vs Idra, I think he was gonna go fast DT but I slipped a pair of lings up his ramp past his zeals and see a citadel, kill1 probe, and then he just quits.


Eh, Just sounds like someone who values his time to me.

I guess, but IMO no need to leave because I scout your citadel =S
Striverz-G
Profile Joined February 2010
United States63 Posts
February 27 2010 01:28 GMT
#103
On February 26 2010 18:46 3clipse wrote:
Thanks for compiling this. I thought Dayvie and KHB would be higher, tbh...


I don't think you know how the ranking works. All the divisions are equal and you're randomly assigned to them. Dayvie is #1 in his division.
I get it in.
Tsagacity
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
United States2124 Posts
February 27 2010 01:42 GMT
#104
On February 27 2010 09:28 siNdreAd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2010 08:20 CowGoMoo wrote:
Idra is hilarious, he rages so hard it seems xD

I randomed one game and got ZvP vs Idra, I think he was gonna go fast DT but I slipped a pair of lings up his ramp past his zeals and see a citadel, kill1 probe, and then he just quits.


Eh, Just sounds like someone who values his time to me.
If he's playing to practice, wouldn't he probably not want to use a build that feels like an auto-leave as soon as it's scouted?
"Everyone worse than me at video games is a noob. Everyone better than me doesn't have a life."
IdrA
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States11541 Posts
February 27 2010 01:58 GMT
#105
On February 27 2010 08:20 CowGoMoo wrote:
Idra is hilarious, he rages so hard it seems xD

I randomed one game and got ZvP vs Idra, I think he was gonna go fast DT but I slipped a pair of lings up his ramp past his zeals and see a citadel, kill1 probe, and then he just quits.

tell your coworkers to stop nerfing protoss when pvz is already impossible and that wont have to happen
http://www.splitreason.com/product/1152 release the gracken tshirt now available
Zelniq
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
United States7166 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-27 02:03:40
February 27 2010 01:59 GMT
#106
On February 27 2010 10:28 Striverz-G wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 26 2010 18:46 3clipse wrote:
Thanks for compiling this. I thought Dayvie and KHB would be higher, tbh...


I don't think you know how the ranking works. All the divisions are equal and you're randomly assigned to them. Dayvie is #1 in his division.

no it's you who doesnt understand

all divisions are not equal at all, new divisions are constantly being created and added with all new players, so the top players in that division arent anywhere comparable to the top 8 in a longstanding one.

example:

DIVISION 6:
1) CowboyDan 1644 173-56
2) Columns 1637 123-32
3) ReSpOnSe 1627 120-36
4) CrunCher 1622 153-58
5) aLt 1565 193-71
6) Machine 1491 126-37
7) Filthy 1491 132-58
8) Mezmerize 1491 134-70

DIVISION 10:
1) Haiku 1284 50-22
2) Dev 1249 49-30
3) Classick 1240 26-10
4) Fallen 1201 18-6
5) coeus 1161 28-18
6) hart 1140 39-26
7) Dememor 1064 42-29
8) YoM 1037 10-4

if you think these 8 are about equal to the other 8.. i dont even know what to say to that..

people need to stop acting like they know what theyre talking about when they dont!

On February 27 2010 10:58 IdrA wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2010 08:20 CowGoMoo wrote:
Idra is hilarious, he rages so hard it seems xD

I randomed one game and got ZvP vs Idra, I think he was gonna go fast DT but I slipped a pair of lings up his ramp past his zeals and see a citadel, kill1 probe, and then he just quits.

tell your coworkers to stop nerfing protoss when pvz is already impossible and that wont have to happen

wait what CowGoMoo works @ Blizzard? in what capacity?
ModeratorBlame yourself or God
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
February 27 2010 02:12 GMT
#107
I'm 115, yay ^_^ and gained 100 elo since the time of the post
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
ShaperofDreams
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada2492 Posts
February 27 2010 02:22 GMT
#108
Whats with poker players acting like they are such big shit and so successful when they make a living off of gambling? I mean criticizing people for following their dreams instead of mooching off of society is just silly.

I'm not against poker as a job and I don't consider it morally wrong but acting like you are better than anybody because of that career choice is stupid.

The fact is that people do require some satisfaction/contribution to society from their work and I think thats who so many poker players are a mess.
Bitches don't know about my overlord. FUCK OFF ALDARIS I HAVE ENOUGH PYLONS. My Balls are as smooth as Eggs.
cuteFayth
Profile Joined January 2006
Canada1167 Posts
February 27 2010 02:25 GMT
#109
replace "poker players" by IdrA and it's pretty much the same shit
Striverz-G
Profile Joined February 2010
United States63 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-27 02:41:54
February 27 2010 02:39 GMT
#110
On February 27 2010 10:59 Zelniq wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2010 10:28 Striverz-G wrote:
On February 26 2010 18:46 3clipse wrote:
Thanks for compiling this. I thought Dayvie and KHB would be higher, tbh...


I don't think you know how the ranking works. All the divisions are equal and you're randomly assigned to them. Dayvie is #1 in his division.

no it's you who doesnt understand

all divisions are not equal at all, new divisions are constantly being created and added with all new players, so the top players in that division arent anywhere comparable to the top 8 in a longstanding one.

example:

DIVISION 6:
1) CowboyDan 1644 173-56
2) Columns 1637 123-32
3) ReSpOnSe 1627 120-36
4) CrunCher 1622 153-58
5) aLt 1565 193-71
6) Machine 1491 126-37
7) Filthy 1491 132-58
8) Mezmerize 1491 134-70

DIVISION 10:
1) Haiku 1284 50-22
2) Dev 1249 49-30
3) Classick 1240 26-10
4) Fallen 1201 18-6
5) coeus 1161 28-18
6) hart 1140 39-26
7) Dememor 1064 42-29
8) YoM 1037 10-4

if you think these 8 are about equal to the other 8.. i dont even know what to say to that..

people need to stop acting like they know what theyre talking about when they dont!



Good job kid, exactly my point. Divisions aren't immediate indicators of rank. Earlier divisions just means they started the game earlier. Davyie being #1 in his division doesn't mean #1 in a lower division is better than him. Divisions are assigned randomly and you're really only competing with your division. It's better so say "I am #1 out of 100", or "I am 1st in my division" than "I am ranked 60th out of 3,425". Brilliant move by Blizzard.

A combination of win:loss ratio and league rank means more than just division ranking.


I get it in.
Striverz-G
Profile Joined February 2010
United States63 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-27 02:46:57
February 27 2010 02:46 GMT
#111
On February 27 2010 11:22 ShaperofDreams wrote:
Whats with poker players acting like they are such big shit and so successful when they make a living off of gambling? I mean criticizing people for following their dreams instead of mooching off of society is just silly.

I'm not against poker as a job and I don't consider it morally wrong but acting like you are better than anybody because of that career choice is stupid.

The fact is that people do require some satisfaction/contribution to society from their work and I think thats who so many poker players are a mess.


Yea, I'm sure sitting at your office desk is really contributing to society.
Yea, I'm sure the reason why you slum away at your 9-5 job is to help society rather than MAKE MONEY.

(sarcasm)

If you can succeed in poker and have the personality for it, its a great lifestyle. Work 30 hours a week, make well over 6 figures a year.

I get it in.
talismania
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States2364 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-27 02:57:25
February 27 2010 02:55 GMT
#112
god divisions are so confusing - why don't they just have a set starting elo for each league, and then make the divisions by percentage: top 10% division 1, 11-20 division 2, etc. You'd start wherever 1000 would fall in each league (instinctually this feels like it would be near the middle of the divisions) and then would work your way up or down depending. Fall too far down you get knocked back to the middle of the next lowest league, go all the way to the top you get knocked up into the next highest league.

edit come to think of it just get rid of divisions altogether - is there a point if they aren't subdividing by skill? just have leagues as full ladders.
Balrog_Son
Profile Joined August 2008
United States14 Posts
February 27 2010 03:01 GMT
#113
Cool I'm on the list
72) Garok 1336 60-28
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
February 27 2010 03:05 GMT
#114
On February 27 2010 11:25 cuteFayth wrote:
replace "poker players" by IdrA and it's pretty much the same shit

Let's get away from the "IdrA" topic please.
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
cuteFayth
Profile Joined January 2006
Canada1167 Posts
February 27 2010 03:07 GMT
#115
they keep attacking me randomly, I just have to ignore them, I suck at ignoring people, I must be insecure

RIGHT?

right
Synwave
Profile Joined July 2009
United States2803 Posts
February 27 2010 03:48 GMT
#116
Idra hops in threads and trash talks which is screaming for backlash and then moderators ask to "get away from Idra topic please"

How about moderating his trash? If any other forum poster acted like him they would get temp bans for derailing.

It isn't like it doesn't happen every thread he talks shit in. Common denominator? Hmm lemme guess.

Heck almost every TL post regarding him states something or other along the lines of "love him or hate him" so it isn't like this is some uncommon theme.
♞Nerdrage is the cause of global warming♞
Deleted User 55994
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
949 Posts
February 27 2010 05:55 GMT
#117
really shows how few good players are in the beta right now that 2 D/D- players I know personally are on the top 200 list O_O

I'd love to see some silver league reps or something considering that, lol
cuteFayth
Profile Joined January 2006
Canada1167 Posts
February 27 2010 06:11 GMT
#118
well top 200 doesn't mean much..... top 50 might mean somewhat something
Maynard
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States889 Posts
February 27 2010 06:25 GMT
#119
I'm a top 200 Starcraft2 player!!! I'm so happy!! :D
Hollow
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Canada2180 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-27 06:50:57
February 27 2010 06:48 GMT
#120
On February 27 2010 11:22 ShaperofDreams wrote:
Whats with poker players acting like they are such big shit and so successful when they make a living off of gambling? I mean criticizing people for following their dreams instead of mooching off of society is just silly.

I'm not against poker as a job and I don't consider it morally wrong but acting like you are better than anybody because of that career choice is stupid.

The fact is that people do require some satisfaction/contribution to society from their work and I think thats who so many poker players are a mess.


What kind of a ridiculous generalization is that? You could have just said "Whats with Fayth..." since your post was targeted at him. I don't feel like people jumping at Fayth's neck for being upset is justified in any way. IdrA and Fayth are similar on many points and they both deserve the same criticism. People shouldn't take sides on who's more of a dick in the thread, they should just be dicks to each others in private if that's what they want. IdrA obviously gets a kick out of it since he has so many nut huggers on here it seems, so chances are he's going to be the one starting this shit.

As far as I can see, Fayth and IdrA both exceed the acceptable levels of pretentiousness, but Fayth at least has a couple cool millions to show for his talents. I think results show he's been more successful and clever being a self-made millionaire "following his dreams" than IdrA who has a coach to report to and fixed hours to work. I can't blame Fayth for not being able to ignore IdrA's needling when we take that into account.

But yes, the dick size measuring contest is juvenile. I don't see why you would ever bring society into the argument. It's a moot point. Some people's dreams might of just been being their own bosses and poker allowed that for them? Aren't you doing the same thing you criticize poker players of doing by saying this?
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 213
ProTech122
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 21120
Dewaltoss 139
Bale 43
Noble 11
ZergMaN 10
Icarus 5
Other Games
summit1g12558
JimRising 770
Sick158
Nina18
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick990
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream44
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 24
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2142
League of Legends
• Lourlo1218
• Rush809
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
4h 49m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
5h 49m
Monday Night Weeklies
10h 49m
Replay Cast
17h 49m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 5h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 18h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.