• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:43
CEST 01:43
KST 08:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10272 users

Day[9].tv Daily - Page 304

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 302 303 304 305 306 1118 Next
asimov
Profile Joined March 2010
Sweden5 Posts
May 28 2010 18:57 GMT
#6061
On May 29 2010 03:49 eckm wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 28 2010 19:21 limbokid wrote:
Where can I get the training map from Episode 126


Can anyone help with this? Tried googling


http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=126942
eckm
Profile Joined May 2010
United States72 Posts
May 28 2010 19:45 GMT
#6062
Ah, many thanks. I guess I should read the main forums more frequently!
turn on, tune in, drop out
hydroxx
Profile Joined May 2010
United States46 Posts
May 28 2010 20:15 GMT
#6063
I made a topic about this and someone suggested I post it in here so I'm just gonna c/p from my OP in my topic

How's it going guys? I watched a daily where Day9 talked about exactly why he thinks "hard" counters are total bs, and how regardless of the hard or soft counters a good player can make his units do what they need to do. I was hoping one of you remembered exactly which number it was because I want to send it to a buddy of mine. He is hellbent on how everything in SC2 revolves around what "hard counters" what, not which player is playing better/smarter. He refuses to listen to me when I try to explain it to him so I thought maybe if I linked him a Day9 video he might actually learn something instead of just being stubborn and acting like a child. I'm pretty sure it was in the past 20~ dailys but I'm just not positive which one. If anyone knows what it is and could post in here it'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks gents.
you might sleep, but you'll never dream
Hikari
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
1914 Posts
May 28 2010 20:40 GMT
#6064
when is the day9 vs tasteless showmatch going to happen?
AncienTs
Profile Joined March 2010
Japan227 Posts
May 28 2010 20:41 GMT
#6065
Can anyone continue seeding the day9 daily torrent batch? It would be much appreciated! thank you!
Starcraft Disclaimer Language: There is no imbalance, nothing is OP.
Diamond
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States10796 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-28 20:57:30
May 28 2010 20:45 GMT
#6066
On May 29 2010 05:15 hydroxx wrote:
I made a topic about this and someone suggested I post it in here so I'm just gonna c/p from my OP in my topic

How's it going guys? I watched a daily where Day9 talked about exactly why he thinks "hard" counters are total bs, and how regardless of the hard or soft counters a good player can make his units do what they need to do. I was hoping one of you remembered exactly which number it was because I want to send it to a buddy of mine. He is hellbent on how everything in SC2 revolves around what "hard counters" what, not which player is playing better/smarter. He refuses to listen to me when I try to explain it to him so I thought maybe if I linked him a Day9 video he might actually learn something instead of just being stubborn and acting like a child. I'm pretty sure it was in the past 20~ dailys but I'm just not positive which one. If anyone knows what it is and could post in here it'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks gents.


Edit: I can't read....
Ballistix Gaming Global Gaming/Esports Marketing Manager - twitter.com/esvdiamond
MoreFaSho
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1427 Posts
May 28 2010 21:17 GMT
#6067
The one about "hard counters" is #125, it's not posted yet.
I always try to shield slam face, just to make sure it doesnt work
hydroxx
Profile Joined May 2010
United States46 Posts
May 28 2010 21:31 GMT
#6068
On May 29 2010 05:45 iCCup.Diamond wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 29 2010 05:15 hydroxx wrote:
I made a topic about this and someone suggested I post it in here so I'm just gonna c/p from my OP in my topic

How's it going guys? I watched a daily where Day9 talked about exactly why he thinks "hard" counters are total bs, and how regardless of the hard or soft counters a good player can make his units do what they need to do. I was hoping one of you remembered exactly which number it was because I want to send it to a buddy of mine. He is hellbent on how everything in SC2 revolves around what "hard counters" what, not which player is playing better/smarter. He refuses to listen to me when I try to explain it to him so I thought maybe if I linked him a Day9 video he might actually learn something instead of just being stubborn and acting like a child. I'm pretty sure it was in the past 20~ dailys but I'm just not positive which one. If anyone knows what it is and could post in here it'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks gents.


Edit: I can't read....



I don't think it said it talks about hard counters in the description, and I don't feel like reading through the 300 pages in this thread. Its not #125, its another video where he talked about how he thinks hard counters are ridiculous. I can read just fine I just thought maybe one of you guys might have remembered which one I was talking about. If not that's cool I'll just look myself but I was just trying to save some time, no need to be rude sir.
you might sleep, but you'll never dream
Takkara
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2503 Posts
May 28 2010 21:34 GMT
#6069
On May 29 2010 06:31 hydroxx wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 29 2010 05:45 iCCup.Diamond wrote:
On May 29 2010 05:15 hydroxx wrote:
I made a topic about this and someone suggested I post it in here so I'm just gonna c/p from my OP in my topic

How's it going guys? I watched a daily where Day9 talked about exactly why he thinks "hard" counters are total bs, and how regardless of the hard or soft counters a good player can make his units do what they need to do. I was hoping one of you remembered exactly which number it was because I want to send it to a buddy of mine. He is hellbent on how everything in SC2 revolves around what "hard counters" what, not which player is playing better/smarter. He refuses to listen to me when I try to explain it to him so I thought maybe if I linked him a Day9 video he might actually learn something instead of just being stubborn and acting like a child. I'm pretty sure it was in the past 20~ dailys but I'm just not positive which one. If anyone knows what it is and could post in here it'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks gents.


Edit: I can't read....



I don't think it said it talks about hard counters in the description, and I don't feel like reading through the 300 pages in this thread. Its not #125, its another video where he talked about how he thinks hard counters are ridiculous. I can read just fine I just thought maybe one of you guys might have remembered which one I was talking about. If not that's cool I'll just look myself but I was just trying to save some time, no need to be rude sir.


Pretty sure he's not being rude. He tried to answer your question, realized he answered it incorrectly because he misread your original question, so he edited out his response.

On topic though, Day has repeatedly avoided the terms "overpowered" "underpowered" and "hard counter", for exactly the reasons you've said. I don't think there's any one particular episode that deals with this and this alone, but he does bring this up frequently. He's also brought this up a lot in the MLG State of the Game Podcast that he was on many times.
Gee gee gee gee baby baby baby
KaXXoR
Profile Joined May 2010
France103 Posts
May 28 2010 21:35 GMT
#6070
Dear Day9,

Since you moved from livestream to ustream, I have very frustrating lag spikes like every 5-10 seconds while trying to watch your show live.
I live on a small island with a slow and shitty internet connection but that's not the problem since with livestream your show was running very smoothly for me.
And considering the other posts here, I think I'm not the only one in this case.
My suggestion would be to lower your bit rate. Or maybe you can ask HDstarcraft what are his settings since the stream for the HDH Invitational with 20k+ viewers was running perfectly for me.
I hope this feedback is going to help you increasing your viewers pleasure.
Thank you for your concern and long live to your amazing cast/show !
It's just different and that's where the fun part is, acknowledging the differences without judging.
hydroxx
Profile Joined May 2010
United States46 Posts
May 29 2010 01:28 GMT
#6071
On May 29 2010 06:34 Takkara wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 29 2010 06:31 hydroxx wrote:
On May 29 2010 05:45 iCCup.Diamond wrote:
On May 29 2010 05:15 hydroxx wrote:
I made a topic about this and someone suggested I post it in here so I'm just gonna c/p from my OP in my topic

How's it going guys? I watched a daily where Day9 talked about exactly why he thinks "hard" counters are total bs, and how regardless of the hard or soft counters a good player can make his units do what they need to do. I was hoping one of you remembered exactly which number it was because I want to send it to a buddy of mine. He is hellbent on how everything in SC2 revolves around what "hard counters" what, not which player is playing better/smarter. He refuses to listen to me when I try to explain it to him so I thought maybe if I linked him a Day9 video he might actually learn something instead of just being stubborn and acting like a child. I'm pretty sure it was in the past 20~ dailys but I'm just not positive which one. If anyone knows what it is and could post in here it'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks gents.


Edit: I can't read....



I don't think it said it talks about hard counters in the description, and I don't feel like reading through the 300 pages in this thread. Its not #125, its another video where he talked about how he thinks hard counters are ridiculous. I can read just fine I just thought maybe one of you guys might have remembered which one I was talking about. If not that's cool I'll just look myself but I was just trying to save some time, no need to be rude sir.


Pretty sure he's not being rude. He tried to answer your question, realized he answered it incorrectly because he misread your original question, so he edited out his response.

On topic though, Day has repeatedly avoided the terms "overpowered" "underpowered" and "hard counter", for exactly the reasons you've said. I don't think there's any one particular episode that deals with this and this alone, but he does bring this up frequently. He's also brought this up a lot in the MLG State of the Game Podcast that he was on many times.


O wow lol. Sorry about that dude. I'm used to a forum where people would say Edit: I can't read/do whatever it is you're asking in the topic, not actually editing their posts to say they can't read.


I guess my friend will just stay ignorant forever, he for some reason doesn't think day9 is very good and only watches HD and Husky (no offense to these guys at all, they're doing great things for the community) but day9 is just on a completely different level from those guys. It's like comparing Olive Garden to a 5 star gourmet Italian place, there's just no contest.


I'll just keep watching day and let him stay ignorant :D
you might sleep, but you'll never dream
Lollersauce
Profile Joined April 2010
United States357 Posts
May 29 2010 01:34 GMT
#6072
I hope Day9 is planning to comment a bit on the Frank Pearce interview.
CursOr
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States6335 Posts
May 29 2010 01:36 GMT
#6073
On May 29 2010 10:34 Lollersauce wrote:
I hope Day9 is planning to comment a bit on the Frank Pearce interview.

Seriously. The dude should have just said "I really don't give a fuck what people want. I don't take it that seriously. We are going to make it this way, and have shitty explanations. What r u gonna do about it?"
Almost read to me, as if he had a "tone". Can't put my finger on it. Almost like he is sick of it.
CJ forever (-_-(-_-(-_-(-_-)-_-)-_-)-_-)
Tactyk
Profile Joined May 2010
United States5 Posts
May 29 2010 01:43 GMT
#6074
KaXXoR

What you describe sounds similar to a known bug with ad block and certain u stream adds
If you disable ad block it should smooth out. It's not the best fix, as the adds are annoying, but what can ya do.

Hope this helps

if you're not using ad block or something similar disregard and good luck
im a roc
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States745 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-29 02:09:30
May 29 2010 02:09 GMT
#6075
Why don't you do a daily on how freaking awful Battle.net 0.2 is? I could rant for at least an hour on that topic easily. Too bad a great game is going to be destroyed because of it's terrible online technologies design team.
Beware The Proxy Pool Rush
SilverGhost
Profile Joined May 2010
Japan1 Post
May 29 2010 02:38 GMT
#6076
Dear Day9

I'll take the liberty, to post here two of my replays, which I made with one of my Zerg friends. We are both Platinum( Diamond now) players. The funny thing is that, I started the beta as a copper player with pretty much 2-12 in my first couple of games. At the moment I have nearly 500 games played and I managed to progress from copper player with 40-50 APM to a solid player with 150+ average (peaking 500-600) Rankings Platinum and Diamond leagues with possitive ratio.

Your videos helped me make that progress really fast, for which I'm in debt to you. I'm not at the pro-level, but hopefully one day I might be. So here is a little something which you might take a look at, since the beta is going down and you might find somewhat interesting material for one of your dailies.

[url blocked]

In these two games, I'm playing with a friend (which I met during Ladder game) who is a really really good macro zerg. Maybe the best I've played with. So far, all bio-builds I've used against him didn't bring me the victory. Even after winning 150 -150 battles he managed to steal the victory from me.

He said he has a problem with Terran Mech builds (Tank-Thor) and he wants to practice against them. I've done just a couple of mech TvZs and I def didn't like the immobility the build has, so I was sticking to bio. But hey, he has been bashing my bio head all around the maps, so decided to give it ago. Most terrans I've seen, when they do mech, they go Tank-Thor (with very few marine, marouder). However I made this mech-rine build. I'm having thors, tanks but quite a lot of marines in between them as well and it runs really great He is trying to abuse the immobility of the terran mech and even when he has absolute advantage ( the second game for example) I'm still able to beat him.

If you find the games interesting, I'd be more than happy with myself Yet again, I might just be going over my head..

Other users, please check the games if you have the time and give feedback if you find them interesting, so I don't waste day9s time with nothing ^_* Tnx
KaXXoR
Profile Joined May 2010
France103 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-29 03:01:49
May 29 2010 02:58 GMT
#6077
On May 29 2010 10:43 Tactyk wrote:
KaXXoR

What you describe sounds similar to a known bug with ad block and certain u stream adds
If you disable ad block it should smooth out. It's not the best fix, as the adds are annoying, but what can ya do.

Hope this helps

if you're not using ad block or something similar disregard and good luck


Unfortunately I'm not using ad block
But thanks for the try
It's just different and that's where the fun part is, acknowledging the differences without judging.
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46498 Posts
May 29 2010 04:54 GMT
#6078
Day[9], you have to stop being so damn clever with your remarks and commentaries... I've gotten to the point where I just make my Profile Quote the latest clever thing I've heard you say.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
whetherby
Profile Joined May 2010
United States53 Posts
May 29 2010 06:31 GMT
#6079
i remember seeing info about a small one day tourney, which day9 was commentating on. The sponsors were the creators of an airplane fighting flash game. when is that?
hydroxx
Profile Joined May 2010
United States46 Posts
May 29 2010 06:43 GMT
#6080
on the 31st IIRC
you might sleep, but you'll never dream
Prev 1 302 303 304 305 306 1118 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 17m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 116
Nina 87
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 717
Artosis 593
GuemChi 323
910 38
MaD[AoV]28
Bale 14
League of Legends
JimRising 636
Counter-Strike
minikerr13
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox572
Other Games
summit1g8650
Day[9].tv474
shahzam460
C9.Mang0325
Trikslyr37
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick489
BasetradeTV188
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream25
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta29
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie834
• Shiphtur515
• Day9tv474
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
17m
Patches Events
16h 17m
The PondCast
1d 10h
INu's Battles
1d 11h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 22h
Replay Cast
1d 23h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.