• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:53
CEST 14:53
KST 21:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8261 users

Football (Soccer) Thread - Page 169

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 167 168 169 170 171 184 Next
Elroi
Profile Joined August 2009
Sweden5617 Posts
Last Edited: 2026-07-18 21:38:04
July 18 2026 21:35 GMT
#3361
England has subbed so many players. Is this not important for them?
"To all eSports fans, I want to be remembered as a progamer who can make something out of nothing, and someone who always does his best. I think that is the right way of living, and I'm always doing my best to follow that." - Jaedong. /watch?v=jfghAzJqAp0
KobraKay
Profile Joined March 2010
Portugal4387 Posts
July 18 2026 21:37 GMT
#3362
Well I guess France forgot to come out and play?
CJ Fighting! (--.--)
gTank
Profile Joined January 2011
Austria2668 Posts
July 18 2026 21:37 GMT
#3363
France is playing like Austria right now, it is not an important game but ..... lose like that?
One crossed wire, one wayward pinch of potassium chlorate, one errant twitch...and kablooie!
Dan HH
Profile Joined July 2012
Romania9246 Posts
July 18 2026 21:37 GMT
#3364
Oh look, England can counter when they have wingers on
Elroi
Profile Joined August 2009
Sweden5617 Posts
July 18 2026 21:47 GMT
#3365
I can hear artosis in my head: ”you can expect gg at any moment here.”
"To all eSports fans, I want to be remembered as a progamer who can make something out of nothing, and someone who always does his best. I think that is the right way of living, and I'm always doing my best to follow that." - Jaedong. /watch?v=jfghAzJqAp0
Gorsameth
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands22627 Posts
July 18 2026 21:48 GMT
#3366
Brutal
Savage
Rekt
It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death
Liquid`Drone
Profile Joined September 2002
Norway28899 Posts
July 18 2026 21:51 GMT
#3367
I mean, unimportant, sure, but players at this level don't enjoy being humiliated. 0-4 by half time is an absolute embarrassment for a team like France.

Wonder if they have another gear.
Moderator
PhoenixVoid
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Canada32755 Posts
July 18 2026 21:51 GMT
#3368
England gets to thrash France as a consolation prize at least.
I'm afraid of demented knife-wielding escaped lunatic libertarian zombie mutants
KobraKay
Profile Joined March 2010
Portugal4387 Posts
July 18 2026 21:52 GMT
#3369
So France eclipsed when Olise is down/nulified which is not surprising.

Also France’s physical prowess seemed to be covering for some deficiencies in areas of the field that when faced against a similar strong physical team really start to show.

Plus I know players and fans like to rant that 3rd place matches are irrelevant but I never got that. Sure you’d rather be fighting for 1st place, but as a former athlete, in my humble experience, you always want to win regardless so that is just a poor excuse.
CJ Fighting! (--.--)
Elroi
Profile Joined August 2009
Sweden5617 Posts
July 18 2026 21:53 GMT
#3370
On July 19 2026 06:51 Liquid`Drone wrote:
I mean, unimportant, sure, but players at this level don't enjoy being humiliated. 0-4 by half time is an absolute embarrassment for a team like France.

Wonder if they have another gear.

I remember when Sweden was in the third place game 1994. That was fucking serious I tell you. I know it’s different with teams like France and England but wtf?
"To all eSports fans, I want to be remembered as a progamer who can make something out of nothing, and someone who always does his best. I think that is the right way of living, and I'm always doing my best to follow that." - Jaedong. /watch?v=jfghAzJqAp0
KobraKay
Profile Joined March 2010
Portugal4387 Posts
July 18 2026 22:12 GMT
#3371
Oh look Olise is playing…
CJ Fighting! (--.--)
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18448 Posts
July 18 2026 22:18 GMT
#3372
On July 19 2026 06:51 PhoenixVoid wrote:
England gets to thrash France as a consolation prize at least.

Do they? If we go by the scoring rate of the first half, this is going to end 8-4 for France :p
Liquid`Drone
Profile Joined September 2002
Norway28899 Posts
July 18 2026 22:18 GMT
#3373
Game on lol
Moderator
PhoenixVoid
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Canada32755 Posts
July 18 2026 22:31 GMT
#3374
4-0 the most dangerous lead?
I'm afraid of demented knife-wielding escaped lunatic libertarian zombie mutants
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom9999 Posts
July 18 2026 22:31 GMT
#3375
Tommy Tuchel meltdown king.
RIP Meatloaf <3
KobraKay
Profile Joined March 2010
Portugal4387 Posts
July 18 2026 22:32 GMT
#3376
The is Watkins dude was a terrible sub in…what a terrible performance.
CJ Fighting! (--.--)
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom9999 Posts
July 18 2026 22:33 GMT
#3377
On July 19 2026 07:32 KobraKay wrote:
The is Watkins dude was a terrible sub in…what a terrible performance.

Watkins isn't really good enough for a match like this.
RIP Meatloaf <3
Liquid`Drone
Profile Joined September 2002
Norway28899 Posts
July 18 2026 22:33 GMT
#3378
Yeah now the French team is showing their offensive quality. And with upmanecano in they have a defender who cares too.

Awesome game lol.
Moderator
Warfie
Profile Joined February 2009
Norway2849 Posts
July 18 2026 22:33 GMT
#3379
On July 19 2026 06:53 Elroi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 19 2026 06:51 Liquid`Drone wrote:
I mean, unimportant, sure, but players at this level don't enjoy being humiliated. 0-4 by half time is an absolute embarrassment for a team like France.

Wonder if they have another gear.

I remember when Sweden was in the third place game 1994. That was fucking serious I tell you. I know it’s different with teams like France and England but wtf?

lol isn't this the game where Bulgaria was super hungover from drinking all night after their semi?
Elroi
Profile Joined August 2009
Sweden5617 Posts
July 18 2026 22:49 GMT
#3380
On July 19 2026 07:33 Warfie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 19 2026 06:53 Elroi wrote:
On July 19 2026 06:51 Liquid`Drone wrote:
I mean, unimportant, sure, but players at this level don't enjoy being humiliated. 0-4 by half time is an absolute embarrassment for a team like France.

Wonder if they have another gear.

I remember when Sweden was in the third place game 1994. That was fucking serious I tell you. I know it’s different with teams like France and England but wtf?

lol isn't this the game where Bulgaria was super hungover from drinking all night after their semi?

Romania. I didn’t know what alcohol was at the time so I don’t know lol. But we still talk about that game to this day and the heroics of the Swedish keeper Ravelli.
"To all eSports fans, I want to be remembered as a progamer who can make something out of nothing, and someone who always does his best. I think that is the right way of living, and I'm always doing my best to follow that." - Jaedong. /watch?v=jfghAzJqAp0
Prev 1 167 168 169 170 171 184 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
11:00
2026 Week 25
CosmosSc2 2
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech127
Rex 113
CosmosSc2 2
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 48166
Hyuk 1432
Jaedong 809
EffOrt 462
Soma 426
Horang2 386
Soulkey 380
actioN 339
BeSt 335
Mini 318
[ Show more ]
Light 270
Last 267
Zeus 259
Stork 237
910 184
Larva 171
ggaemo 146
Snow 124
Rush 112
ZerO 92
Pusan 83
Killer 81
Mind 67
Shine 53
JYJ 44
Creator 43
Sharp 43
Shinee 36
hero 32
Free 31
Bale 26
ToSsGirL 21
yabsab 16
HiyA 15
Terrorterran 14
Noble 14
sorry 8
Sacsri 8
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc8485
Dendi642
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1577
markeloff247
kRYSTAL_29
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1652
crisheroes1063
Other Games
gofns41435
singsing2048
B2W.Neo686
hiko347
XBOCT307
Pyrionflax273
byalli264
DeMusliM254
ArmadaUGS99
Mew2King88
QueenE16
ZerO(Twitch)11
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1719
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream136
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH338
• StrangeGG 40
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1580
Other Games
• WagamamaTV192
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
8m
Rex109
IntoTheiNu 47
The PondCast
21h 8m
OSC
1d
Stellar Fest
1d
OSC
1d 11h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.