• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:03
CEST 06:03
KST 13:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach1[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8603 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2011 - Page 54

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 52 53 54 55 56 730 Next
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
January 31 2011 16:27 GMT
#1061
On February 01 2011 01:25 Advocado wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2011 01:04 decafchicken wrote:
On February 01 2011 00:49 Zafrumi wrote:
did you at least break the other guys leg?

Haha no he's also my roommate and top scorer, not only would that be bad but its also quite hard to break someone's leg when he runs a 4.5 40 yard dash. I'm just glad I tackled him cleanly


A clean tackle is done with your face? :O

Haha I broke down, got super low, waited for him to make his cut, and then dove and wrapped up his legs. unfortunately getting low enough to make that tackle resulted in my face being low by his knee. the fact my head is numb is kinda weirding me out
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
pyrogenetix
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
China5098 Posts
January 31 2011 16:43 GMT
#1062
so i just arrived shanghai and the gym near my place HAS NO SQUAT RACK

my routine
day A
powersnatch
squat
bench
rows
skullcrushers

day B
powerclean
deadlift
push press
pullups (negatives)
biceps

the gym doesnt have pullup bar so i substituted in lat pulldowns. wasnt anything i could do about squats... i tried powercleaning heaviest weight then front squating but my squat is 140kg and my powerclean is only 90kg =(
should i do lunges? pistols?
and damn not lifting my deadlift went from 170 down to 140 ffuuuckkk must get it back asap.

keep lifting guys!
Yea that looks just like Kang Min... amazing game sense... and uses mind games well, but has the micro of a washed up progamer.
JeeJee
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Canada5652 Posts
January 31 2011 17:02 GMT
#1063
don't worry nokarot, imo the best routine is not one that will give you the best results but one that you can stick to consistently. jumping in some 'perfect' routine only to give up 2 weeks later is much worse than getting some not-so-perfect workouts but doing them consistently, with progression being the name of the game. keep at it and work in weights when you're ready.

i just switched off of SS into 5x5 weekly/intermediate progress template. still super weak unfortunately, but i haven't really been making workout-to-workout progress anymore so eh.
saw someone bench 315x3 :O so sick
(\o/)  If you want it, you find a way. Otherwise you find excuses. No exceptions.
 /_\   aka Shinbi (requesting a name change since 27/05/09 ☺)
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
January 31 2011 17:26 GMT
#1064
On January 29 2011 17:44 Energies wrote:
Decaf, I have a game for you mate.

It's call the 100 shots in 100 minutes challenge.
1 shot of beer every minute for 100 minutes. Not as easy as it sounds.

You have to have food before hand, burger, or a couple of hot dogs and at least 2-3 beers as well.

No water allowed, you can go up to pee but if you don't make it back within a minute you have to drink an extra penalty short, or alternatively you can drink two shots and skip the next round.

You're also allowed to throw up but for every shot you miss while puking you have to take an extra shot, so if you're gone for 3 minutes, you have to have 6 shots.

I know it seems easy, but you have to keep in mind, it's basically 10 beers in an hour and a half and even if you don't get drunk the bloat is ridiculously hard to suppress.

7 boys sat around the table last night, two walked away with their heads held high... and soon after passed out on the grass. I had drank about 4 ciders and 2 hot dogs before hand, I made it to 67 shots puked and threw in the towel.


I've done this game and completed it. Got to 70 shots before I threw up but kept going...sigh.

Very nice to come back home and see the thread jumped like 10 pages in 3 days

Got to the dentist and got the last of my wisdom teeth pulled out so I'm at liquid foods atm. Anyone know a good and nutritious soup recipe?
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
Haemonculus
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
United States6980 Posts
January 31 2011 18:33 GMT
#1065
On January 31 2011 13:02 Nokarot wrote:
To ya'll in the last two pages giving advice, I do appreciate it. The reason I ordered the elliptical (aka the reason I asked my mom to order it) is because I don't have a drivers license and within no reasonable walking (or running/etc) distance of a gym.

One reason why I don't exercise too much is because it bores me, ipod or not. At the gym, there is nothing to relieve that boredom. I got the elliptical, put it in my bedroom, and turn my speakers up and watch TV shows or whatever, instead of sitting idly.

I'm aware there's better ways than buying a magic machine, hopping on it and hoping for the best, but it's just how I'm getting started the way I'm most comfortable doing. Thus far, in the last 24 hours, I've been on it for 3 hours. I haven't drank anything other than water all day, and ate a little lighter. Thus far, it feels good. Sure, there are better ways of doing things, but I'm happy starting with what I'm comfortable with.

I used to be on the crew team back in high school. Entertainment while running is crucial to be able to go far. I would always crap out early if we were running on the track. Something about knowing exactly how far you've gone, and how far you still need to go just 100% saps your energy, (along with hyper repetitive scenery). Running along a path outside and having no idea where the coach is or how far away she is for some reason let me run much farther.

Elliptical machine + TV or GSL games = win. Keep at it!
I admire your commitment to being *very* oily
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
January 31 2011 18:59 GMT
#1066
On February 01 2011 03:33 Haemonculus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2011 13:02 Nokarot wrote:
To ya'll in the last two pages giving advice, I do appreciate it. The reason I ordered the elliptical (aka the reason I asked my mom to order it) is because I don't have a drivers license and within no reasonable walking (or running/etc) distance of a gym.

One reason why I don't exercise too much is because it bores me, ipod or not. At the gym, there is nothing to relieve that boredom. I got the elliptical, put it in my bedroom, and turn my speakers up and watch TV shows or whatever, instead of sitting idly.

I'm aware there's better ways than buying a magic machine, hopping on it and hoping for the best, but it's just how I'm getting started the way I'm most comfortable doing. Thus far, in the last 24 hours, I've been on it for 3 hours. I haven't drank anything other than water all day, and ate a little lighter. Thus far, it feels good. Sure, there are better ways of doing things, but I'm happy starting with what I'm comfortable with.

I used to be on the crew team back in high school. Entertainment while running is crucial to be able to go far. I would always crap out early if we were running on the track. Something about knowing exactly how far you've gone, and how far you still need to go just 100% saps your energy, (along with hyper repetitive scenery). Running along a path outside and having no idea where the coach is or how far away she is for some reason let me run much farther.

Elliptical machine + TV or GSL games = win. Keep at it!


You could try interval training. Then you get so tired that you don't want to think
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
Drowsy
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
United States4876 Posts
January 31 2011 19:02 GMT
#1067
On January 30 2011 08:38 AoN.DimSum wrote:
. Anyone have suggestions for cool/hard core and bodyweight exercises for after my workouts?




(not just suggesting it because your azn... ok well maybe a little bit)
Our Protoss, Who art in Aiur HongUn be Thy name; Thy stalker come, Thy will be blunk, on ladder as it is in Micro Tourny. Give us this win in our daily ladder, and forgive us our cheeses, As we forgive those who play zerg against us.
ModernAgeShaman
Profile Joined January 2008
Norway484 Posts
January 31 2011 19:24 GMT
#1068
still waiting on decaf to comment on his old nipple comment
ModernAgeShaman
Profile Joined January 2008
Norway484 Posts
January 31 2011 19:29 GMT
#1069
on a less homo erotic topic.
i'm incredibly not flexible in my hips and shoulders. just started oly lifting and it's clearly something I need to work on. can anybody suggest some good stretches I can do to help me out? I can't really deep squat without my feet turning more outwards.
BrownBear
Profile Joined March 2010
United States6894 Posts
January 31 2011 19:54 GMT
#1070
Let's do it!

BrownBear
Age: 21 || Height: 5'9" || Weight: 155lbs
Starting Date: 2/1/11 || Goal Date: for the rest of my life.
Weight goals -- none, I'm at a healthy weight.
Training goals --
running: be able to run a local race in June (7 mile race, over a mountain)
cycling: finally be able to cycle for 25 consecutive miles, no breaks by this summer
weight training: bench body weight, acquire some muscle tone for once in my life.
Nutrition goals -- replace tons of ramen + Dr. Pepper with healthy, self-cooked, scratchmade meals
Misc goals -- move away from serious drug use and laziness, be more attractive, etc. etc.
SUNSFANNED
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
January 31 2011 20:15 GMT
#1071
On February 01 2011 04:29 Sinep wrote:
on a less homo erotic topic.
i'm incredibly not flexible in my hips and shoulders. just started oly lifting and it's clearly something I need to work on. can anybody suggest some good stretches I can do to help me out? I can't really deep squat without my feet turning more outwards.

Practice makes perfect. Keep working on deep squats and keeping the weight on your heels, it takes time. If you go to cal strengths oly lifting videos they have stretching videos. And I have big nips it just doesn't show on camera lol
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
January 31 2011 20:27 GMT
#1072
On February 01 2011 04:54 BrownBear wrote:
Let's do it!

BrownBear
Age: 21 || Height: 5'9" || Weight: 155lbs
Starting Date: 2/1/11 || Goal Date: for the rest of my life.
Weight goals -- none, I'm at a healthy weight.
Training goals --
running: be able to run a local race in June (7 mile race, over a mountain)
cycling: finally be able to cycle for 25 consecutive miles, no breaks by this summer
weight training: bench body weight, acquire some muscle tone for once in my life.
Nutrition goals -- replace tons of ramen + Dr. Pepper with healthy, self-cooked, scratchmade meals
Misc goals -- move away from serious drug use and laziness, be more attractive, etc. etc.


whoopwhoop! How are you going to achieve your goals?
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
vicariouscheese
Profile Joined June 2010
United States589 Posts
January 31 2011 21:22 GMT
#1073
On February 01 2011 04:02 Drowsy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2011 08:38 AoN.DimSum wrote:
. Anyone have suggestions for cool/hard core and bodyweight exercises for after my workouts?


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjQ1mAhmjck&feature=feedu

(not just suggesting it because your azn... ok well maybe a little bit)


That was done today :O

I could do those when I was like 12.... would be fun to try again
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
January 31 2011 22:15 GMT
#1074
On February 01 2011 04:54 BrownBear wrote:
Let's do it!

BrownBear
Age: 21 || Height: 5'9" || Weight: 155lbs
Starting Date: 2/1/11 || Goal Date: for the rest of my life.
Weight goals -- none, I'm at a healthy weight.
Training goals --
running: be able to run a local race in June (7 mile race, over a mountain)
cycling: finally be able to cycle for 25 consecutive miles, no breaks by this summer
weight training: bench body weight, acquire some muscle tone for once in my life.
Nutrition goals -- replace tons of ramen + Dr. Pepper with healthy, self-cooked, scratchmade meals
Misc goals -- move away from serious drug use and laziness, be more attractive, etc. etc.


welcome! and gogogo! you can do it
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
radiaL
Profile Joined August 2003
Andorra2690 Posts
January 31 2011 22:40 GMT
#1075
Hey guys!

i've been on paleo for about 4 weeks now and the results are completely absurd amazing. Btw, the lactase supplement pills i posted about before (got both of them) didn't help shit. So substituting MOAR MEAT for milk (makes me sad 'cause i love milk). TWO QUESTIONS:

In the past I used to eat sushi/sashimi at least a meal a day so I didn't supplement fish oil. Now I'm largely chicken-based and eat fish only 2 days a week max, if that. How much of them supplements do I require? In mg or whatever it's in :D

And can i haz nutella? I have no cravings for nonpaleo shit whatsoever, but when i wake up, pre-breakfast, i just eat a banana with nutella. No idea why. Should i stop the nutella ?




lmfao @ guido assault on poor decaf
sideproject: twitch.tv Starcraft II Viewers data - http://twitchsc2data.com/
Ingenol
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States1328 Posts
January 31 2011 23:07 GMT
#1076
On February 01 2011 07:40 radiaL wrote:
Hey guys!

i've been on paleo for about 4 weeks now and the results are completely absurd amazing. Btw, the lactase supplement pills i posted about before (got both of them) didn't help shit. So substituting MOAR MEAT for milk (makes me sad 'cause i love milk). TWO QUESTIONS:

In the past I used to eat sushi/sashimi at least a meal a day so I didn't supplement fish oil. Now I'm largely chicken-based and eat fish only 2 days a week max, if that. How much of them supplements do I require? In mg or whatever it's in :D

And can i haz nutella? I have no cravings for nonpaleo shit whatsoever, but when i wake up, pre-breakfast, i just eat a banana with nutella. No idea why. Should i stop the nutella ?




lmfao @ guido assault on poor decaf

Here is a good fish oil calculator.

If you're trying paleo, bananas and nutella (both of which have a lot of sugar) are probably not your best choices. As far as fruits go, berries are among the most paleo-compliant.

Lastly, you probably want to start incorporating more fatty meats more often, rather than eating chicken all the time. It's just going to be incredibly difficult to get enough calories in if you're always eating lean meat. Plus, the fat in meat is good for you! Beef tastes infinitely better than chicken as well, at least in this poster's humble opinion.
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-31 23:20:18
January 31 2011 23:19 GMT
#1077
a banana after a workout is fine (I like to combine it with a glass of milk. tastes awesome!). but yeah, generally stay away from it
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
Ilikestarcraft
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Korea (South)17743 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-31 23:21:27
January 31 2011 23:20 GMT
#1078
On February 01 2011 07:40 radiaL wrote:
Hey guys!

i've been on paleo for about 4 weeks now and the results are completely absurd amazing. Btw, the lactase supplement pills i posted about before (got both of them) didn't help shit. So substituting MOAR MEAT for milk (makes me sad 'cause i love milk). TWO QUESTIONS:

In the past I used to eat sushi/sashimi at least a meal a day so I didn't supplement fish oil. Now I'm largely chicken-based and eat fish only 2 days a week max, if that. How much of them supplements do I require? In mg or whatever it's in :D

And can i haz nutella? I have no cravings for nonpaleo shit whatsoever, but when i wake up, pre-breakfast, i just eat a banana with nutella. No idea why. Should i stop the nutella ?
lmfao @ guido assault on poor decaf

Just curious for the lactose pills how did you actually take them? If I remember one of them had like 1 pill per cup of whole milk. So just curious if you actually followed that? Because if you drank like 5+ cups with 1 pill that might have caused it. At least did you try it with 1 pill and 1 cup and tried to see the effects after? A more costly way is actually buying those milk cartons with the enzymes added into it to help you digest lactose. At least for me I never had any problems drinking those. Only difference is that taste wise its slightly a bit sweeter compared to regular milk and a lot more expensive compared to regular milk. I feel your pain though . Even two cups of milk causes problems after a few hours.
ils
"Nana is a goddess. Or at very least, Nana is my goddess." - KazeHydra
Donkeys
Profile Joined August 2010
Mexico308 Posts
January 31 2011 23:34 GMT
#1079
form check plz?

squat:
+ Show Spoiler +


deadlift (rofl idk why this video got sped up to 2x normal speed when i uploaded it):

+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.belowtherimyo.blogspot.com/
RowdierBob
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
Australia13509 Posts
February 01 2011 00:09 GMT
#1080
Got through 97.5kg squats yesterday. Finally almost back to 100.

My form feels better since I did a reset. My DL isn't feel great, but I'll keep plugging away at it.

Question regarding powercleans: is it necessary to do the little jump? I don't seem to jump and when I try it feels really retarded. Thanks!
"Terrans are pretty much space-Australians" - H
Prev 1 52 53 54 55 56 730 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings127
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta20
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 243
NeuroSwarm 172
StarCraft: Brood War
HiyA 283
hero 60
ZergMaN 8
sorry 8
Terrorterran 7
Bale 1
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1179
League of Legends
JimRising 727
Counter-Strike
taco 457
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King204
Other Games
summit1g9336
Maynarde206
ArmadaUGS47
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick462
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 6
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 142
• Berry_CruncH59
• practicex 21
• Letter144
• Kozan
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 4
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota251
League of Legends
• Lourlo1192
• Rush1006
• Stunt175
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
5h 57m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
6h 57m
Monday Night Weeklies
11h 57m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 5h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 19h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.