• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:36
CEST 05:36
KST 12:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9418 users

IdrA now on SixPoolGaming - Page 3

Forum Index > Sponsored Threads
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
ChosenBrad1322
Profile Joined April 2012
United States562 Posts
August 11 2012 06:11 GMT
#41
On August 11 2012 14:38 morlakaix wrote:
is it me or does he look very unhappy doing this :S


He always looks un-happy lol
MaxViktory
Profile Joined June 2012
Sweden136 Posts
August 11 2012 06:21 GMT
#42
IdrA has such sick knowledge of timings and what scouting info means. When he talked while streaming it was amazing, so this should be too.
Not saying it is worth 15$ though.
ChosenBrad1322
Profile Joined April 2012
United States562 Posts
August 11 2012 07:05 GMT
#43
On August 11 2012 15:21 MaxViktory wrote:
IdrA has such sick knowledge of timings and what scouting info means. When he talked while streaming it was amazing, so this should be too.
Not saying it is worth 15$ though.


Ya its surprising that he doesn't post better results than he does. With his mechanics, game knowledge, experience and constant training. You would expect him to be making MLG pool play etc.
quickml
Profile Joined October 2010
United States17 Posts
August 11 2012 07:14 GMT
#44
Whats the difference between "Pro, Protoss Pro" and "Pro Protoss"?
"When you win, nothing hurts." -Joe Namath
Simsallabin
Profile Joined June 2012
Nepal216 Posts
August 11 2012 09:29 GMT
#45
On August 11 2012 06:00 Kamwah wrote:
Don't see how someone with such a jaded view on balance can give training vids.


Have you ever seen IdrA as a caster? He never even talk about balance when casting so I guess it's the same when/if he coach.
Woop!
Jojo131
Profile Joined January 2011
Brazil1631 Posts
August 11 2012 12:58 GMT
#46
IdrA.....6 Pool.... kinda ironic
yeeshdontjudgeme
Profile Joined August 2012
146 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-11 13:15:40
August 11 2012 13:11 GMT
#47
I really don't like the sentiment that if people talk about balance, they're immediately evil or bad. If nobody talked about it, Blizzard wouldn't even waste their time. Besides, whenever IdrA talks about balance, his opinions are usually supported by facts. I think most of you are just mad that he's usually right when does talk about it. I think IdrA would be a great teacher.
I'm a strict equalist. If a female wants to be treated equal to men, then that smack they just delivered will be returned promptly.
Baio
Profile Joined March 2012
112 Posts
August 11 2012 13:52 GMT
#48
Can somebody explain to me what kind of person would sign up for a service like 6 pool gaming? I don't quite get it. Either you're a high level player and improve upon practicing in which case basic tutorial videos from pros won't be beneficial to you as I doubt a high master learns something from watching a pro executing a basic build or you are a low level gamer who plays starcraft for fun then why should you pay for strategy videos?
S_SienZ
Profile Joined September 2011
1878 Posts
August 11 2012 14:37 GMT
#49
On August 11 2012 22:52 Baio wrote:
Can somebody explain to me what kind of person would sign up for a service like 6 pool gaming? I don't quite get it. Either you're a high level player and improve upon practicing in which case basic tutorial videos from pros won't be beneficial to you as I doubt a high master learns something from watching a pro executing a basic build or you are a low level gamer who plays starcraft for fun then why should you pay for strategy videos?

Winning is fun for a lot of people. At low levels having 1 sick build for every match up could easily promote you a league.
Gretorp
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States586 Posts
August 11 2012 17:04 GMT
#50
On August 11 2012 08:02 crms wrote:
$15 a month for content thats available literally EVERYWHERE for free? Seems shady. Listing Xeris and Gretorp as 'pro players' reinforces the disengenious feel I get from this site.


You realize I was a pro-player and still play quite a bit. At the same time, Duran is a big time recruiter and scouts like crazy so he has to know what is good and what's not. I think your statement is heavily misinformed and I hope you give the site a chance as all of us put a ton of time into it.
I am Unheard Change
MrTortoise
Profile Joined January 2011
1388 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-11 17:10:51
August 11 2012 17:09 GMT
#51
On August 11 2012 13:27 finlurrrr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 11 2012 12:33 RaiKageRyu wrote:
On August 11 2012 12:02 LatsyrC wrote:
On August 11 2012 06:16 Zackor wrote:


SORRY COULDNT RESIST

User was warned for this post


can some one tell my why this user got warned? just because he posted a gameplay?


Isn't it obvious? It has nothing to do with the post. Just another jab at Idra showing one of his embarrassing moments.


I found the guy's post rather informative because I haven't seen that particularly replay. Anyone no where I can find it?

On the main point, if the user would have written something thoughtful & mature rather than "sorry couldn't resist" in all caps, then he wouldn't have been banned.

+1 to the mod because a lot of us are in our 30's and don't think pointless humor is all that funny. We'd rather have a starcraft forum where we can learn about the game, share our love about the game, and join fan clubs for our favorite players.

Anytime someone makes the forums a worse place, then it shows a lack of maturity or a lack of age. Maybe I'm old compared to everyone now (age early 30's) but I still can overlook this kind of stuff, as long as it is infrequent.



TBH i thought it was funny

Idras demeanor whilst making him an entertaining player would not of put him on my list of peopel to pay for sc2 tutoring. That said i hope it goes well for him

You cannot deny that outside of korea he is very strong. Its a shame that his results dont obviously reflect the work hes put in
GT3
Profile Joined May 2011
Iraq100 Posts
August 11 2012 17:25 GMT
#52
I personally feel like Idra wouldn't be fit enough to do training videos with the stupid statements that have come out of his mouth, he's obviously going to slip in some bias in the videos, I think training videos should be done by like Stephano - MC/Kiwikaki/HuK - Thorzain/MMA/MVP/MKP
Can't stop right now cause I'm too far, and I can't keep goin' cause it's too hard
NarutO
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Germany18839 Posts
August 11 2012 17:32 GMT
#53
On August 12 2012 02:25 GT3 wrote:
I personally feel like Idra wouldn't be fit enough to do training videos with the stupid statements that have come out of his mouth, he's obviously going to slip in some bias in the videos, I think training videos should be done by like Stephano - MC/Kiwikaki/HuK - Thorzain/MMA/MVP/MKP


Thats nonsense. IdrA has always been very professional in casting and videos. He has insane game knowledge and expresses himself very good. You don't have to like him for his rage moments but bashing him and saying he'd do biased commentary is bullshit.
CommentatorPolt | MMA | Jjakji | BoxeR | NaDa | MVP | MKP ... truly inspiring.
Glurkenspurk
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1915 Posts
August 11 2012 17:41 GMT
#54
On August 11 2012 13:27 finlurrrr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 11 2012 12:33 RaiKageRyu wrote:
On August 11 2012 12:02 LatsyrC wrote:
On August 11 2012 06:16 Zackor wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40ccy9kljvI

SORRY COULDNT RESIST

User was warned for this post


can some one tell my why this user got warned? just because he posted a gameplay?


Isn't it obvious? It has nothing to do with the post. Just another jab at Idra showing one of his embarrassing moments.


I found the guy's post rather informative because I haven't seen that particularly replay. Anyone no where I can find it?

On the main point, if the user would have written something thoughtful & mature rather than "sorry couldn't resist" in all caps, then he wouldn't have been banned.

+1 to the mod because a lot of us are in our 30's and don't think pointless humor is all that funny. We'd rather have a starcraft forum where we can learn about the game, share our love about the game, and join fan clubs for our favorite players.

Anytime someone makes the forums a worse place, then it shows a lack of maturity or a lack of age. Maybe I'm old compared to everyone now (age early 30's) but I still can overlook this kind of stuff, as long as it is infrequent.


Why do you mention that you're in your 30s twice in your post? It doesn't mean anything. And there is no such thing as pointless humor.


Oh well, IdrA is pretty smart, but I'm still of the opinion that instructional videos are useless since there are so many readily available streams and replays out there for free.
NewbieOne
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Poland560 Posts
August 11 2012 19:23 GMT
#55
On August 11 2012 13:53 Xuther wrote:
Guys, don't be so harsh on Idra. The thread says "training vids." I'm pretty sure Idra is qualified enough to teach a wood league zerg how to 6 pool an easy computer on a very small map like bloodbath or something and win. Let's just be happy that this will take time away from him so he wont be showing up at professional tournaments as much and showing us his rage in front of a huge crowd live.

EDIT: The other guy was warned because he wasn't as constructive as me with his criticism.


Posting a somewhat amusing replay and possibly in good cheer is not actually less constructive than your "wood league" comment. It only contains fewer words. But less is more sometimes. That replay is something Idra either already laughs about or eventually will, while your comment is basically a many-worded, subtle way of saying Idra is a poor player or poor teacher material.
MurdersaurusRex
Profile Joined May 2012
30 Posts
August 11 2012 21:38 GMT
#56
I'm really looking forward to seeing the videos. IdrA's a favorite of mine, and I would like to see him perform well as far as an instructional video goes.
Aim high in life, but watch out for flying boxes.
crms
Profile Joined February 2010
United States11933 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-13 21:00:56
August 11 2012 23:40 GMT
#57
On August 12 2012 02:04 Gretorp wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 11 2012 08:02 crms wrote:
$15 a month for content thats available literally EVERYWHERE for free? Seems shady. Listing Xeris and Gretorp as 'pro players' reinforces the disengenious feel I get from this site.


You realize I was a pro-player and still play quite a bit. At the same time, Duran is a big time recruiter and scouts like crazy so he has to know what is good and what's not. I think your statement is heavily misinformed and I hope you give the site a chance as all of us put a ton of time into it.



I know you were a former pro and I know who Xeris is. Neither of you are pro-gamers and to misrepresent your positions is in my opinion disengenious and sneaky. Why not give the descriptions you just gave me? Why lie and say you both are pro gamers?

Anyway, my opinion still stands that this content isn't worth $15/month. You can get accurate, detailed and functional content almost everywhere for free. I'm not sure what the appeal of this site is and what they think it offers that is so unique and worthwhile that people should pay subscription fees for it, but goodluck.


edit; went to the site again and listened to the intro podcast with yourself and the site owner. The owner goes into his background into poker and how there aren't any sites in starcraft or one single site to go to get accurate information for the community to learn (huge lie, teamliquid.net??) and then says he had the inspiration to create a site to accomplish those goals. Since you've been in the community for basically ever, you obviously know what he is saying is full of shit but go a long with it. Again, disengenuous, decietful etc. This is just a side project to milk the SC2 popularity to get people to pay for content they would otherwise get for free. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, get money. Just don't feed me bullshit.


edit: i made a terrible mistake, and I'll never be forgiven.net.
http://i.imgur.com/fAUOr2c.png | Fighting games are great
Xeris
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Iran17695 Posts
August 12 2012 00:23 GMT
#58
On August 12 2012 08:40 crms wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2012 02:04 Gretorp wrote:
On August 11 2012 08:02 crms wrote:
$15 a month for content thats available literally EVERYWHERE for free? Seems shady. Listing Xeris and Gretorp as 'pro players' reinforces the disengenious feel I get from this site.


You realize I was a pro-player and still play quite a bit. At the same time, Duran is a big time recruiter and scouts like crazy so he has to know what is good and what's not. I think your statement is heavily misinformed and I hope you give the site a chance as all of us put a ton of time into it.



I know you were a former pro and I know who Xeris is. Neither of you are pro-gamers and to misrepresent your positions is in my opinion disengenious and sneaky. Why not give the descriptions you just gave me? Why lie and say you both are pro gamers?

Anyway, my opinion still stands that this content isn't worth $15/month. You can get accurate, detailed and functional content almost everywhere for free. I'm not sure what the appeal of this site is and what they think it offers that is so unique and worthwhile that people should pay subscription fees for it, but goodluck.


edit; went to the site again and listened to the intro podcast with yourself and the site owner. The owner goes into his background into poker and how there aren't any sites in starcraft or one single site to go to get accurate information for the community to learn (huge lie, teamliquid.com??) and then says he had the inspiration to create a site to accomplish those goals. Since you've been in the community for basically ever, you obviously know what he is saying is full of shit but go a long with it. Again, disengenuous, decietful etc. This is just a side project to milk the SC2 popularity to get people to pay for content they would otherwise get for free. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, get money. Just don't feed me bullshit.


I think you're splitting hairs. Hyperbole is a pretty common aspect of advertising. Subway calls itself a "restaurant" chain, would you call them liars for not calling themselves fast food? It's just an advertising tool. Most car companies say that their car is "the best in its class" or likewise... I'm pretty sure a Mercedes sedan is better than a Kia sedan, but Kia advertises itself as the best, doesn't make it true.

I'm not defending advertising methods, but I'm questioning your apparent rage at a company just following relatively standard industry standards for marketing and advertising. You might believe that SPG content isn't worth it, that's fine -- nobody is forcing you to purchase a subscription or watch content, but others might be interested.
twitter.com/xerislight -- follow me~~
epicdemic
Profile Joined October 2011
Netherlands137 Posts
August 12 2012 01:59 GMT
#59
Did Gretorp and this "Xeris" ever compete professionally? (Xeris is not on Liquipedia) This website is deceiving...
dieselnerd
Profile Joined July 2012
United States42 Posts
August 12 2012 02:26 GMT
#60
On August 11 2012 06:16 Zackor wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40ccy9kljvI

SORRY COULDNT RESIST

User was warned for this post

What does this even have to do with anything?
I'm gonna lift the world today, you mind brah?
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft505
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta100
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft519
PiGStarcraft505
RuFF_SC2 173
SpeCial 72
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1038
Hyuk 57
Leta 34
Bale 31
Noble 21
Icarus 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm160
Counter-Strike
taco 606
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox756
C9.Mang0293
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor647
Other Games
summit1g9623
Coldzera 818
JimRising 556
Sick107
ViBE69
ArmadaUGS35
Liquid`Ken8
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick741
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream97
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 97
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo645
• Stunt278
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
6h 24m
Online Event
7h 24m
FEL
12h 24m
AI Arena Tournament
13h 24m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
15h 24m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 6h
INu's Battles
1d 8h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 15h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 15h
Replay Cast
1d 20h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.