• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:39
CEST 18:39
KST 01:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)47Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8077 users

Day9 to broadcast on Justin.tv - Page 12

Forum Index > Sponsored Threads
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 17 Next All
durbarak
Profile Joined April 2010
Austria54 Posts
February 18 2011 17:39 GMT
#221
Delay Server for tournament broadcasts


Didn't know JTV could do that and i'm glad they already do. IMO it is a feature of the utmost importance.
Just yesterday, in a match between insolence and nerchio, allegations of stream abuse were made. True or false aside, it always hurts everybody. The players, who may be innocent or cheated; the caster, who has to evaluate the accusation, and the audience, which tuned in for SC2 action and not a soap opera.
"Oh, I see sth." "What did he build?" "He built a CIRCLE!"
CTStalker
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Canada9720 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-18 17:49:32
February 18 2011 17:48 GMT
#222
On February 19 2011 01:35 djWHEAT wrote:
This is what worries me about JTV:

http://bit.ly/ecAX73

I've expressed this concern to JTV many times (at least 3-4 times in the past 2 years), but typically I always get the same answer, "We provide tools to anyone who wants them to stop copyright violations at anytime." Well how does that make any sense? Even ZUFFA said they had to HIRE a 3rd party to go through and manually remove all the content from JTV. In what crazy world does it make sense that the content creators have to pay to police every site on the internet in order to curb this type of piracy?
e.
.

if you think that's crazy, you should be lobbying the government and attacking the DMCA, not justin.tv.
justin.tv are protected by the DMCA, so suing them is futile. similar verdicts have been held elsewhere, see google vs viacom.
By the way, my name is Funk. I am not of your world
Longshank
Profile Joined March 2010
1648 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-18 18:00:15
February 18 2011 17:57 GMT
#223
On February 19 2011 02:37 Wihl wrote:
I'd love to be able to say that this was great news but justin.tv has buffering issues for me =/ 100/100 mbit, Sweden. Hopefully it gets resolved.


Yeah same for me, it seems to be a common issue for us Europeans. I guess it doesn't matter much for Day9 since his live audience is mainly Americans but it sucks that every caster/tournament and their dogs are switching. Boooooo!

edit: or go Zuffa I guess If J.tv is indeed broke it's unlikely they will invest in upping the servers or whatnot in Europe.
djWHEAT
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
United States925 Posts
February 18 2011 18:02 GMT
#224
On February 19 2011 02:48 CTStalker wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2011 01:35 djWHEAT wrote:
This is what worries me about JTV:

http://bit.ly/ecAX73

I've expressed this concern to JTV many times (at least 3-4 times in the past 2 years), but typically I always get the same answer, "We provide tools to anyone who wants them to stop copyright violations at anytime." Well how does that make any sense? Even ZUFFA said they had to HIRE a 3rd party to go through and manually remove all the content from JTV. In what crazy world does it make sense that the content creators have to pay to police every site on the internet in order to curb this type of piracy?
e.
.

if you think that's crazy, you should be lobbying the government and attacking the DMCA, not justin.tv.
justin.tv are protected by the DMCA, so suing them is futile. similar verdicts have been held elsewhere, see google vs viacom.


For now. It's widely known that the DMCA is outdated. But since our country tends to keep laws of old even as we progress as a nation... it probably won't ever make a difference (or change). I realize that JTV has no burden to police this because they can claim protection by the DMCA, but that doesn't necessarily make it right or mean there isn't a better way to help the cause.

I know it's more an issue with the DMCA, but if I was a business owner in that realm, I would at least make my own efforts to ensure and give confidence to content creators that we make specific efforts to curb piracy.

Additionally, although the DMCA can be used as a "shield" in cases like this, other sites have had much success with self-policing communities, content identifying technology, and other methods.

I do believe JTV is making some efforts on their own, but there's no denying that there's still a crazy amount of pirated content on the site.
OneMoreGame.tv // Weapon Of Choice // Kings Of Tin // Inside The Game // Live On Three
Msqrd
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada55 Posts
February 18 2011 18:20 GMT
#225
JTV is great, this is good news.

My feature requests are around mobile viewing. In theory I can watch 360p on my Android phone using the browser interface since it sports Flash. But it's so llaggy I can't actually click to select a lower bitrate. Please add an HTML bitrate selector. A logged in preference to default to a particular bitrate would be nice too.

Alternatively please hurry your Android app.
sylverfyre
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8298 Posts
February 18 2011 18:21 GMT
#226
Delay server for tournament broadcasts? Absolutely awesome! I love the idea of being able to cast online tournaments live without having to worry about cheaters.
niupong
Profile Joined January 2011
United States7 Posts
February 18 2011 18:22 GMT
#227
Great news! Great features! Thanks justin.tv
chrisohno
Profile Joined April 2010
United States42 Posts
February 18 2011 18:23 GMT
#228
I'm soo happy for this because.. well Justin.tv is the place to be for streaming now a days. uStream what? Livestream what? :D
If you dont ask, the answer is always no.
Poonchow
Profile Joined September 2010
United States56 Posts
February 18 2011 18:37 GMT
#229
When JTV first started coming up, I was skeptical. Now they have improved their site and the features tremendously, and I am a huge fan of their services. The other live streaming sites just don't seem to be adapting and catering to the gaming crowd. Thank you JustinTV.
Ascend
Profile Joined July 2010
United States120 Posts
February 18 2011 18:43 GMT
#230
JustinTV definitely does a great job with support, and does an awesome job supporting the e-sports community with all it sponsors. Thanks guys.
Caster and Software Developer. Releases: "Starboard" "SC2 Replay Sync" "SC2 Replay Chat Editor" "SC2 C# Replay Parser"
TheMexican
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany96 Posts
February 18 2011 19:12 GMT
#231
was just trying to watch glhf.tv on justin.tv when horrible lags once again ruined it and i had to turn it off.
sry but that news just sucks for europeans like me :/
shaunnn
Profile Joined October 2010
Ireland1230 Posts
February 18 2011 19:25 GMT
#232
On February 19 2011 02:57 Longshank wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2011 02:37 Wihl wrote:
I'd love to be able to say that this was great news but justin.tv has buffering issues for me =/ 100/100 mbit, Sweden. Hopefully it gets resolved.


Yeah same for me, it seems to be a common issue for us Europeans. I guess it doesn't matter much for Day9 since his live audience is mainly Americans but it sucks that every caster/tournament and their dogs are switching. Boooooo!

edit: or go Zuffa I guess If J.tv is indeed broke it's unlikely they will invest in upping the servers or whatnot in Europe.


Idd watching JTV for me in ireland is painfull, takes 20seconds+ just for te player to connect and start a stream then it periodically lags, I hope they sort their european routing if they intend to be the primary streamer of sc2
The naniwa - Unit of protoss skill, defined as the number of gates you build off of one base
nihlon
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden5581 Posts
February 18 2011 20:00 GMT
#233
Although justin.tv still has some issues for me, I have to admit they have gotten a million percent better since a year or two ago. Hopefully they'll continue to improve.
Banelings are too cute to blow up
ginnipig
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada84 Posts
February 18 2011 20:38 GMT
#234
On February 19 2011 00:34 Tppz! wrote:
I'm happy for Day[9], but still Justin.tv is just terrible for europeans (or even non-americans?). Dunno why but it often lags or just takes 100 years to load a vod. So my question: Will Day[9] upload youtube or ustream or blip too? i hope so. Many Europeans are worried cause of this..


It's still going to Blip, but i'm using Itunes to DL the podcast uploads every night, so in the morning you have a fresh new Day9 to watch
ginnipig
Char711
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States862 Posts
February 18 2011 20:52 GMT
#235
Thank God! I've been really impressed with Justin.tv lately and have been enjoying all of the streams that have moved over. One of my favorite features is being able to choose the specific quality I want (rather than a streamer, like TL, having to have a high and low quality stream that are separate). The Internet at my apartment is pretty awful, so I end up at 360p most of the time. Mind you, I love that, when I'm at home (I'm in college) or something I can crank it up to 720 or 1080p on the exact same stream.

Hopefully I'll finally be able to watch some Dailies live again!
"If you can chill, chill." -Liquid`Tyler "Special tactics." -White-Ra
Doso
Profile Joined March 2008
Germany769 Posts
February 18 2011 20:55 GMT
#236
Win-win situation - i like it.
Char711
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States862 Posts
February 18 2011 20:59 GMT
#237
On February 19 2011 03:02 djWHEAT wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2011 02:48 CTStalker wrote:
On February 19 2011 01:35 djWHEAT wrote:
This is what worries me about JTV:

http://bit.ly/ecAX73

I've expressed this concern to JTV many times (at least 3-4 times in the past 2 years), but typically I always get the same answer, "We provide tools to anyone who wants them to stop copyright violations at anytime." Well how does that make any sense? Even ZUFFA said they had to HIRE a 3rd party to go through and manually remove all the content from JTV. In what crazy world does it make sense that the content creators have to pay to police every site on the internet in order to curb this type of piracy?
e.
.

if you think that's crazy, you should be lobbying the government and attacking the DMCA, not justin.tv.
justin.tv are protected by the DMCA, so suing them is futile. similar verdicts have been held elsewhere, see google vs viacom.


For now. It's widely known that the DMCA is outdated. But since our country tends to keep laws of old even as we progress as a nation... it probably won't ever make a difference (or change). I realize that JTV has no burden to police this because they can claim protection by the DMCA, but that doesn't necessarily make it right or mean there isn't a better way to help the cause.

I know it's more an issue with the DMCA, but if I was a business owner in that realm, I would at least make my own efforts to ensure and give confidence to content creators that we make specific efforts to curb piracy.

Additionally, although the DMCA can be used as a "shield" in cases like this, other sites have had much success with self-policing communities, content identifying technology, and other methods.

I do believe JTV is making some efforts on their own, but there's no denying that there's still a crazy amount of pirated content on the site.

I've seen things like re-streamed GSL matches on Ustream and elsewhere, so I don't think JTV is the only one susceptible to this. People get pirated stuff on all of the streaming sites, so I think we're just better off going with the one that seems to be giving us the most support and features, which, clearly, is JTV.

Aside from that, while I strongly support the intellectual property rights of fine content producers like you, WHEAT, I don't think that many shows right now face a true danger from it. Are you losing money if someone re-streams Weapon of Choice on JTV? Does Ustream even pay out like JTV does? I'm also quite sure that the lion's share of your audience is going to be watching the official stream. There's also the fact that you only really get the benefits of the stream when watching the actual channel because of things like audience participation (e.g., the Day[9] Dailies). If you're not getting that, you might as well just watch the archive (which, I must note, is now way better for the Dailies ever since Blip started to step up their game and actually made their video player fully functional).
"If you can chill, chill." -Liquid`Tyler "Special tactics." -White-Ra
starfries
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada3508 Posts
February 18 2011 21:01 GMT
#238
The realtime transcoding and the push to youtube is really nice even for non-gaming streams. Well done on picking great features.
DJ – do you like ramen, Savior? Savior – not really. Bisu – I eat it often. Flash – I’m a maniac! | Foxer Fighting!
JustintvGaming
Profile Joined February 2011
United States14 Posts
February 18 2011 21:04 GMT
#239
For those wondering, we have grown our datacenters and connections to Europe significantly over the last few months. Justin.tv lag in EU should be a thing of the past! Additionally, questions remain about country / viewer limits through JTV. I am happy to let you know that all user restrictions have been eliminated for gaming streams!

We are currently focusing on creating the best possible chat platform, so please give us all your ideas and suggestions. We are reading this thread closely!
Justin.tv Gaming
Char711
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States862 Posts
February 18 2011 21:08 GMT
#240
On February 19 2011 06:04 JustintvGaming wrote:
For those wondering, we have grown our datacenters and connections to Europe significantly over the last few months. Justin.tv lag in EU should be a thing of the past! Additionally, questions remain about country / viewer limits through JTV. I am happy to let you know that all user restrictions have been eliminated for gaming streams!

We are currently focusing on creating the best possible chat platform, so please give us all your ideas and suggestions. We are reading this thread closely!

How about an easy-to-use implementation of polls? To be frank, I have no idea if JTV has this already or not, but, with things like the Day[9] Daily, I know that an easy-to-use polling system could definitely help streamers make the most out of their streams. You can have interaction a la Day[9] or have tournament casters ask people who they think is going to win a game as it starts, etc. etc.
"If you can chill, chill." -Liquid`Tyler "Special tactics." -White-Ra
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 17 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
IntoTheiNu 1120
ComeBackTV 1015
SteadfastSC483
TaKeTV 479
LamboSC2425
IndyStarCraft 161
Rex115
EnkiAlexander 59
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy31
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 483
LamboSC2 425
mouzHeroMarine 273
IndyStarCraft 161
ProTech144
Rex 115
UpATreeSC 92
BRAT_OK 79
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 33335
Shuttle 1583
EffOrt 952
Light 690
Mini 570
Soma 501
Rush 338
firebathero 278
Snow 195
ZerO 172
[ Show more ]
hero 106
Liquid`Ret 54
sorry 54
Killer 45
Mong 35
ToSsGirL 27
Sexy 23
soO 22
Bale 21
Trap 20
Terrorterran 19
Free 15
Shine 14
Sacsri 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Noble 6
Dota 2
Gorgc7514
qojqva1758
Dendi1062
420jenkins158
Counter-Strike
fl0m1342
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2038
crisheroes1311
XaKoH 203
MindelVK8
Other Games
singsing1814
B2W.Neo983
Beastyqt442
FrodaN313
Hui .196
ArmadaUGS189
KnowMe147
QueenE98
Mew2King60
Trikslyr60
Dewaltoss50
ToD39
C9.Mang032
ZerO(Twitch)20
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream82
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 5
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 2
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• intothetv
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 21
• FirePhoenix12
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3001
• TFBlade1113
Other Games
• imaqtpie278
• Shiphtur240
• WagamamaTV197
Upcoming Events
OSC
7h 21m
Stellar Fest
20h 21m
OSC
1d 5h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 17h
Online Event
1d 18h
FEL
1d 23h
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.