• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:39
CEST 18:39
KST 01:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)47Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8077 users

Day9 to broadcast on Justin.tv - Page 11

Forum Index > Sponsored Threads
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 17 Next All
ELA
Profile Joined April 2010
Denmark4608 Posts
February 18 2011 16:10 GMT
#201
On February 19 2011 00:54 djWHEAT wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2011 00:51 WhoaDrugs wrote:
Jtv you guys are amazing with the whole choice of resolution of stream! Also the delay for tournaments is brilliant. Major props to Justin if there is a guy named Justin at Justin.tv


Do you not know how Justin.tv got started?


Please tell us mr. Wheat
The first link of chain forged, the first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.
skipgamer
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Australia701 Posts
February 18 2011 16:12 GMT
#202
I hope this doesn't mean the end of the iTunes feed I think thats being done automatically through ustream? It's pretty much the only way I've watched Day9 since it's been available.
GarMan
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada8 Posts
February 18 2011 16:24 GMT
#203
On February 19 2011 01:10 ELA wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2011 00:54 djWHEAT wrote:
On February 19 2011 00:51 WhoaDrugs wrote:
Jtv you guys are amazing with the whole choice of resolution of stream! Also the delay for tournaments is brilliant. Major props to Justin if there is a guy named Justin at Justin.tv


Do you not know how Justin.tv got started?


Please tell us mr. Wheat


As per wikipedia: "The original Justin.tv was a single channel featuring founder Justin Kan, who broadcast his life 24/7 and popularized the term lifecasting."
djWHEAT
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
United States925 Posts
February 18 2011 16:26 GMT
#204
On February 19 2011 01:10 ELA wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2011 00:54 djWHEAT wrote:
On February 19 2011 00:51 WhoaDrugs wrote:
Jtv you guys are amazing with the whole choice of resolution of stream! Also the delay for tournaments is brilliant. Major props to Justin if there is a guy named Justin at Justin.tv


Do you not know how Justin.tv got started?


Please tell us mr. Wheat


Justin.tv was originally a streaming site for ONE GUY, Justin Kan. He popularized the term "lifecasting" when he broadcasted his life 24/7 through the website. I remember the funky helmet cam and other devices they had for broadcasting and at the time it was a completely unique and exclusive idea. Around 2007 Justin stopped broadcasting and they closed the site only having it relaunch as Justin.tv which was a delivery system for ANYONE to lifecast. Thus the site was born.
OneMoreGame.tv // Weapon Of Choice // Kings Of Tin // Inside The Game // Live On Three
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19259 Posts
February 18 2011 16:34 GMT
#205
Dear Justin.tv crew,
The best thing you can do to support SC2 streams is to use a unrealircd with anope services. Of course, you will have to modify Unreal to add in slow mode. Also, large ban list limits and unlimited users per channel (or at list a relative limit controlled by services) are desired.

Love,
me
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
djWHEAT
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
United States925 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-18 16:37:47
February 18 2011 16:35 GMT
#206
This is what worries me about JTV:

http://bit.ly/ecAX73

I personally think the features they've added are top notch and super awesome. They deserve alot of credit in that department. But it's really hard to turn a blind eye to the above article, and many other violations of copyright on their site.

I've expressed this concern to JTV many times (at least 3-4 times in the past 2 years), but typically I always get the same answer, "We provide tools to anyone who wants them to stop copyright violations at anytime." Well how does that make any sense? Even ZUFFA said they had to HIRE a 3rd party to go through and manually remove all the content from JTV. In what crazy world does it make sense that the content creators have to pay to police every site on the internet in order to curb this type of piracy?

I wish they would hire me to "FUCK UP PIRACY" on JTV, cause I would just start banning this shit out of every channel that was airing illegal content. It doesn't seem like it would be THAT hard, but more than likely it could really cut back on their traffic.

I'm grateful for what JTV has done in the past year for gaming, but I'm not sure that makes up entirely for the cloudy future of what could happen after a myriad of lawsuits. Look at Viacom v YouTube. Now YouTube has an entire department who's purpose is to stop any copyrighted content before it even hits the site. Many are comparing the ZUFFA v JTV to that same lawsuit which could turn out to be pretty bad... time will tell.

tl;dr - I think JTV is swell, but the rabid piracy and pending lawsuits are a bit scary to me.

EDIT: btw, I'm not trying to derail this announcement or discredit JTV, I've been asked 30 times today why I haven't switched to JTV, and I wanted to share my reasons for hesitation.
OneMoreGame.tv // Weapon Of Choice // Kings Of Tin // Inside The Game // Live On Three
Nizaris
Profile Joined May 2010
Belgium2230 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-18 16:59:50
February 18 2011 16:46 GMT
#207
On February 19 2011 01:35 djWHEAT wrote:

I've expressed this concern to JTV many times (at least 3-4 times in the past 2 years), but typically I always get the same answer, "We provide tools to anyone who wants them to stop copyright violations at anytime." Well how does that make any sense? Even ZUFFA said they had to HIRE a 3rd party to go through and manually remove all the content from JTV. In what crazy world does it make sense that the content creators have to pay to police every site on the internet in order to curb this type of piracy?



Welcome the the DMCA ? That's how companies have to do it with Youtube and all other user content site. I really don't see the problem here. Either you care about your copyright and you hire some1 so ppl "respect" it on the internet or u don't and let pirates have fun?
ReaperX
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Hong Kong1758 Posts
February 18 2011 16:52 GMT
#208
Awesome step to the future of eSports, thanks JTV.
Artosis : Clide. idrA : Shut up.
PhiliBiRD
Profile Joined November 2009
United States2643 Posts
February 18 2011 16:52 GMT
#209
nice! justin.tv has been kicking ass the last few months, they're really helping out esports :-)
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19259 Posts
February 18 2011 16:59 GMT
#210
On February 19 2011 01:35 djWHEAT wrote:
This is what worries me about JTV:

http://bit.ly/ecAX73

I personally think the features they've added are top notch and super awesome. They deserve alot of credit in that department. But it's really hard to turn a blind eye to the above article, and many other violations of copyright on their site.

I've expressed this concern to JTV many times (at least 3-4 times in the past 2 years), but typically I always get the same answer, "We provide tools to anyone who wants them to stop copyright violations at anytime." Well how does that make any sense? Even ZUFFA said they had to HIRE a 3rd party to go through and manually remove all the content from JTV. In what crazy world does it make sense that the content creators have to pay to police every site on the internet in order to curb this type of piracy?

I wish they would hire me to "FUCK UP PIRACY" on JTV, cause I would just start banning this shit out of every channel that was airing illegal content. It doesn't seem like it would be THAT hard, but more than likely it could really cut back on their traffic.

I'm grateful for what JTV has done in the past year for gaming, but I'm not sure that makes up entirely for the cloudy future of what could happen after a myriad of lawsuits. Look at Viacom v YouTube. Now YouTube has an entire department who's purpose is to stop any copyrighted content before it even hits the site. Many are comparing the ZUFFA v JTV to that same lawsuit which could turn out to be pretty bad... time will tell.

tl;dr - I think JTV is swell, but the rabid piracy and pending lawsuits are a bit scary to me.

EDIT: btw, I'm not trying to derail this announcement or discredit JTV, I've been asked 30 times today why I haven't switched to JTV, and I wanted to share my reasons for hesitation.

Holy crap...maybe I should pay attention to the news more often. That's pretty damn scary, myself. Personally, I'd work in the copyright protection office. I'm close to Delaware and I enjoy banning things (hint hint JTV, a job would be awesome).
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
TaKemE
Profile Joined April 2010
Denmark1045 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-18 17:10:02
February 18 2011 17:03 GMT
#211
+ Show Spoiler +
On February 19 2011 01:35 djWHEAT wrote:
This is what worries me about JTV:

http://bit.ly/ecAX73

I personally think the features they've added are top notch and super awesome. They deserve alot of credit in that department. But it's really hard to turn a blind eye to the above article, and many other violations of copyright on their site.

I've expressed this concern to JTV many times (at least 3-4 times in the past 2 years), but typically I always get the same answer, "We provide tools to anyone who wants them to stop copyright violations at anytime." Well how does that make any sense? Even ZUFFA said they had to HIRE a 3rd party to go through and manually remove all the content from JTV. In what crazy world does it make sense that the content creators have to pay to police every site on the internet in order to curb this type of piracy?

I wish they would hire me to "FUCK UP PIRACY" on JTV, cause I would just start banning this shit out of every channel that was airing illegal content. It doesn't seem like it would be THAT hard, but more than likely it could really cut back on their traffic.

I'm grateful for what JTV has done in the past year for gaming, but I'm not sure that makes up entirely for the cloudy future of what could happen after a myriad of lawsuits. Look at Viacom v YouTube. Now YouTube has an entire department who's purpose is to stop any copyrighted content before it even hits the site. Many are comparing the ZUFFA v JTV to that same lawsuit which could turn out to be pretty bad... time will tell.

tl;dr - I think JTV is swell, but the rabid piracy and pending lawsuits are a bit scary to me.

EDIT: btw, I'm not trying to derail this announcement or discredit JTV, I've been asked 30 times today why I haven't switched to JTV, and I wanted to share my reasons for hesitation.



Sure it sounds like they got some problems but you make it sound like it so easy to fix and I doubt that.

It would require at least 4-6 fulltime payed people if just ONE had to be on all the time 24/7 and those people would need huge knowledge about copyright stuff. Its not always that easy to tell if something is legal or not.

Justin.tv aint as big as youtube and something like this would hurt them alot I bet.


Also ppl who stream on JTV here shouldnt realy be concerned about this, since even if they were to get closed its so easy to go to another streaming site without loseing viewers, just look at day9 none had problems finding his new stream.
Desti
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany138 Posts
February 18 2011 17:06 GMT
#212
If you take DMCA serious, you need to ban 90% of all streams, because they have running copyrighted music playing in the background.
Klunssila
Profile Joined December 2010
United States220 Posts
February 18 2011 17:09 GMT
#213
Allright, who else here can't view justin.tv / or it's too slow ?
Raysalis
Profile Joined July 2010
Malaysia1034 Posts
February 18 2011 17:14 GMT
#214
Thank you Justin TV for making an effort in improving the stream. Although there is still some problems for people in some part of Europe, I believe you waill overcome this eventually.
:)
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19259 Posts
February 18 2011 17:22 GMT
#215
On February 19 2011 02:06 Desti wrote:
If you take DMCA serious, you need to ban 90% of all streams, because they have running copyrighted music playing in the background.

That's actually not correct. The music isn't being provided to the viewers (most of the time) as the content, and it cannot be assumed that music playing on a stream is pirated.
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
ZeroCartin
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Costa Rica2390 Posts
February 18 2011 17:23 GMT
#216
This is awesome! I really love JustinTV thanks to the bandwith selector, it helps me a bunch to watch streams.

I have a question, is it possible to have an iPad or iPhone friendly version of channels like these? That would be the awesomest thing ever
"My sister is on vacation in Costa Rica right now. I hope she stays a while because she's a miserable cunt." -pubbanana
brale
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany11 Posts
February 18 2011 17:24 GMT
#217
On February 18 2011 09:53 Highwinds wrote:
It's awesome that JustinTV is doing this to help out Esports. I espeically love the Delay Server for tournament broadcasts. Great job guys.


they're not doing this to help out esports. they're doing this to help themselves. they're doing this to reach a wider audience. they're doing this to make more money.

... and you're getting paid for advertising on your channel.
JWD
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States12607 Posts
February 18 2011 17:27 GMT
#218
SC2 is fucking blowing UP
✌
StayPhrosty
Profile Joined August 2009
Canada406 Posts
February 18 2011 17:30 GMT
#219
omfg, i cant be a chat1 elitist anymore? nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
To be is to do-Socrates To do is to be-Sartre Do Be Do Be Do-Sinatra
Wihl
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Sweden472 Posts
February 18 2011 17:37 GMT
#220
I'd love to be able to say that this was great news but justin.tv has buffering issues for me =/ 100/100 mbit, Sweden. Hopefully it gets resolved.
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 17 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
IntoTheiNu 1120
ComeBackTV 1015
SteadfastSC483
TaKeTV 479
LamboSC2425
IndyStarCraft 161
Rex115
EnkiAlexander 59
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy31
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 483
LamboSC2 425
mouzHeroMarine 273
IndyStarCraft 161
ProTech144
Rex 115
UpATreeSC 92
BRAT_OK 79
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 33335
Shuttle 1583
EffOrt 952
Light 690
Mini 570
Soma 501
Rush 338
firebathero 278
Snow 195
ZerO 172
[ Show more ]
hero 106
Liquid`Ret 54
sorry 54
Killer 45
Mong 35
ToSsGirL 27
Sexy 23
soO 22
Bale 21
Trap 20
Terrorterran 19
Free 15
Shine 14
Sacsri 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Noble 6
Dota 2
Gorgc7514
qojqva1758
Dendi1062
420jenkins158
Counter-Strike
fl0m1342
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2038
crisheroes1311
XaKoH 203
MindelVK8
Other Games
singsing1814
B2W.Neo983
Beastyqt442
FrodaN313
Hui .196
ArmadaUGS189
KnowMe147
QueenE98
Mew2King60
Trikslyr60
Dewaltoss50
ToD39
C9.Mang032
ZerO(Twitch)20
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream82
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 5
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 2
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• intothetv
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 21
• FirePhoenix12
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3001
• TFBlade1113
Other Games
• imaqtpie278
• Shiphtur240
• WagamamaTV197
Upcoming Events
OSC
7h 21m
Stellar Fest
20h 21m
OSC
1d 5h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 17h
Online Event
1d 18h
FEL
1d 23h
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.