• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:49
CEST 02:49
KST 09:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8928 users

Off-Topic General Discussion - Page 5129

Forum Index > The Shopkeeper′s Inn
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5127 5128 5129 5130 5131 5162 Next
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-03 14:04:27
June 03 2015 14:04 GMT
#102561
You adjust quite quickly though. This weekend had days around 15°C and it felt frigid and I needed a hoodie and pants. Two months ago I would have been outside in a t-shirt and shorts at the same temperature.

Going for the hat trick.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-03 14:06:05
June 03 2015 14:04 GMT
#102562
On June 03 2015 22:46 Fildun wrote:
I stop functioning above 27 lol
Then again -15 is completely fine for me


Define "fine". Are we talking "I'm fine in my weather-appropriate winter wear" or shorts and a t-shirt?

Because in the former case I'm fine from -20 to 40 °C.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
June 03 2015 14:04 GMT
#102563
It was below 20 most of last week and my cousins who were in from Israel were complaining about how freezing it was.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Crusnik
Profile Joined December 2010
United States5378 Posts
June 03 2015 14:09 GMT
#102564
According to my calculations, PA ranges from -25 to 35 depending on season. Sounds a lot worse in Fahrenheit, 50 degree swing looks better than a 100+ degree swing, lol
Steam: rook492
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-03 14:16:09
June 03 2015 14:11 GMT
#102565
On June 03 2015 21:55 Alaric wrote:
Yo, Req. You're a reader of his. Opinion?

I think it's interesting. I can't say I've read all of the Black Library, but A Thousand Sons is a pretty solid book (also happens to center on one of my two favorite Traitor Legions).

His short story, The Last Church, is fantastic short story that even people outside of the 40k franchise can enjoy, basically lauded by most people on the internet as one of the best official short stories in the entire 40k verse (even though it takes place in 39k). You used to be able to read it online, but they nipped that in the bud a while ago.

If he's going to be taking a role at Riot, I would hope that means Riot is trying to beef up their world building and they won't just waste him on one-off character backstories like they've been doing lately. Should be pretty good, imo.

On June 03 2015 22:41 Dandel Ion wrote:
there's a reason our national sport is skiing

Skiing #1 wintertime activity
It's your boy Guzma!
Ketara
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States15065 Posts
June 03 2015 14:11 GMT
#102566
My temperature comfort zone is probably about 0c to 50c. Maybe 45c, depends on humidity.
http://www.liquidlegends.net/forum/lol-general/502075-patch-61-league-of-legends-general-discussion?page=25#498
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
June 03 2015 14:15 GMT
#102567
50ºC = 122ºF

I think you'd be hard pressed to find someone who actually considers that a "comfort" zone.
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-03 14:16:11
June 03 2015 14:15 GMT
#102568
On June 03 2015 21:00 jcarlsoniv wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 03 2015 17:40 Scip wrote:
Okay boys, I need a quick dress code help
it's 25 °C outside (hot af for you americans) and I'd cook myself alive in a suit. Is going in just the shirt+tie okay?


For anyone too lazy, that's 77ºF, which is like, a really beautiful, comfortable temperature. Sure, maybe a bit warm for a full suit, but definitely not "hot af"

I function really really really badly in high temperatures
dress-code wise, I was the only person there without a suit. Which means I was the only one who wasn't sweating my soul out.
The actual thing wise, it looks like I somewhat ironically miscalculated and got a 1 for czech as well. Perfect grades!

@Req, the perfect wintertime activity is actually playing videogames
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
June 03 2015 14:15 GMT
#102569
Oh, he wrote I, Mengsk too? Forgot about that one. Not all Starcraft books are good, but I quite enjoyed that.

Actually, there are only a couple Starcraft novels that I don't like. but still, I'm excited now.
It's your boy Guzma!
Ketara
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States15065 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-03 14:22:41
June 03 2015 14:18 GMT
#102570
On June 03 2015 23:15 jcarlsoniv wrote:
50ºC = 122ºF

I think you'd be hard pressed to find someone who actually considers that a "comfort" zone.


It's hot yeah. But if you're in New Delhi in June, it's not a surprising temp for a hot day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Indian_heat_wave


I honestly don't understand how they get those "recorded temperatures", because I know the real temps are hotter than that. I've got my phone set to track temps in India while I'm here because I've wanted comparisons and I've been seeing 50's, and had 50's when I was living there back in 2007.
http://www.liquidlegends.net/forum/lol-general/502075-patch-61-league-of-legends-general-discussion?page=25#498
ComaDose
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada10357 Posts
June 03 2015 14:24 GMT
#102571
25 is like my ideal summer temperature. But the first time its 25 im always looking for a pool. Like mordek said you get used to it pretty fast. start of winter sucks cause its getting colder then a couple months later im not even bothering to wear a toque when its even colder.
BW pros training sc2 is like kiss making a dub step album.
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
June 03 2015 14:25 GMT
#102572
Any advice here, 'cause I've never done this before, and don't play SG enough (yet?) and don't have enough money to warrant a fightstick or something more quality/expensive.
+ Show Spoiler +

http://www.amazon.com/White-D-Pad-Controller-Mod-Xbox-One/dp/B00MEWCPMS/ref=sr_1_90?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1433341391&sr=1-90&keywords=xbox dpad replacement

http://www.amazon.com/Controller-Thumbstick-Replacement-Clear-Driver/dp/B007NYTZFC/ref=sr_1_139?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1433341340&sr=1-139&keywords=xbox dpad replacement

http://www.amazon.com/White-D-Pad-Controller-Mod-Xbox-360/dp/B005EMQJGI/ref=sr_1_109?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1433341348&sr=1-109&keywords=xbox dpad replacement

So #3 would be pretty much what I already have exactly so I'm leaning that one, but I'm wondering about the even cheaper option with more reviews, or even getting option #1 which is a different feel dpad. Anyone have any input?
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
June 03 2015 14:29 GMT
#102573
As long as we don't get into grimdark stuff.
I saw it on reddit, and someone praised Varus' judgement and said we needed more of that in the comments. If I wanted cliche fanfiction I could do it myself.

Maybe they take stuff like wind, humidity, etc. into account to get something like "actual temperature" Ketara?

Also I'd search people for Ashley's song too if I had a karaoke for it. Don't think Soniv would be as interested though (but that chorus man!)
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Ketara
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States15065 Posts
June 03 2015 14:31 GMT
#102574
Yeah could be my memory is mroe heat indexes, which are definitely over 50 when the "recorded temp" is 48.

It gets hot in India.
http://www.liquidlegends.net/forum/lol-general/502075-patch-61-league-of-legends-general-discussion?page=25#498
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
June 03 2015 14:46 GMT
#102575
I mean, this is why I'm super happy that I'll be spending a part of the summer in (southern) Sweden
swimming temperature but not so hot that your reasoning ability is greatly diminished
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
June 03 2015 14:47 GMT
#102576
Also, this game exists.
http://www.twitch.tv/mtgradio
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-03 15:31:06
June 03 2015 15:30 GMT
#102577
Wave, what are you doing with your time now that the month from hell is over?

Other than skullgirls/mtg
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-03 15:32:12
June 03 2015 15:32 GMT
#102578
Pebble, obviously.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Zdrastochye
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Ivory Coast6262 Posts
June 03 2015 15:35 GMT
#102579
Spectating me play wizard poker, sometimes greatly decreasing my winrate, other times bolstering my morale.
Hey! How you doin'?
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
June 03 2015 15:37 GMT
#102580
On June 04 2015 00:30 mordek wrote:
Wave, what are you doing with your time now that the month from hell is over?

Other than skullgirls/mtg

Not a great deal honestly, and it's nice.
Doing a few little things/errands that need to be done, cleaning, taking care of the guy when he's not at daycare, seeing family.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Prev 1 5127 5128 5129 5130 5131 5162 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
00:00
#101 (PatchesSC Mod Edition)
PiGStarcraft370
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft353
CosmosSc2 66
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2061
Artosis 638
Shuttle 553
910 32
Dota 2
monkeys_forever693
Counter-Strike
minikerr13
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox534
Other Games
summit1g8456
shahzam701
JimRising 598
C9.Mang0304
ViBE139
Maynarde136
ArmadaUGS45
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick988
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream150
[ Show 8 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
10h 11m
Stellar Fest
12h 11m
The PondCast
1d 9h
OSC
1d 12h
Stellar Fest
1d 12h
OSC
1d 23h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.