• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:56
CEST 03:56
KST 10:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10147 users

Off-Topic General Discussion - Page 1452

Forum Index > The Shopkeeper′s Inn
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 5162 Next
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
March 18 2014 20:56 GMT
#29021
On March 19 2014 05:51 Mogwai wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2014 05:11 onlywonderboy wrote:
On March 19 2014 05:10 wei2coolman wrote:
On March 19 2014 05:07 onlywonderboy wrote:
On March 19 2014 05:05 Chrispy wrote:
On March 19 2014 05:03 sung_moon wrote:
Woooow what TL Smash division.

That's pretty tight. Don't even watch Smash, but even I know who Ken is (not so much DJ).

.
If you ever have an hour or two to waste... watch the Smash documentary.

Lol its way longer than two hours. Worth the watch though.

The kdj and issia episodes are probably one of my favorites.

Man that issia episode. The feels

isai*, that spelling OP.

all it took was bad spell. well shit.
liftlift > tsm
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
March 18 2014 20:56 GMT
#29022
On March 19 2014 05:35 Chrispy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2014 05:30 phyvo wrote:
On March 19 2014 05:24 Chrispy wrote:
Betcha Smash still posts on Smashboads - someone do some cyber stalking and find out. I get it though... the last thing Smash wants to talk about in his free time is more League.


He posted once on smashboards on the 11th. The time he posted before that it was late January. Counting everything from then back to the beginning of August he posted 8 times.

so yeah, super duper active.


Good work, creepy stalker.

Man, I'm super creeped out. Feels like the Melee scene stuff has mostly shifted to FB at this point and I post more than that in places where creepy stalkers can't see.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
phyvo
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States5635 Posts
March 18 2014 20:59 GMT
#29023
On March 19 2014 05:56 Mogwai wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2014 05:35 Chrispy wrote:
On March 19 2014 05:30 phyvo wrote:
On March 19 2014 05:24 Chrispy wrote:
Betcha Smash still posts on Smashboads - someone do some cyber stalking and find out. I get it though... the last thing Smash wants to talk about in his free time is more League.


He posted once on smashboards on the 11th. The time he posted before that it was late January. Counting everything from then back to the beginning of August he posted 8 times.

so yeah, super duper active.


Good work, creepy stalker.

Man, I'm super creeped out. Feels like the Melee scene stuff has mostly shifted to FB at this point and I post more than that in places where creepy stalkers can't see.


Sorrez. =|
"BE A MANGO TO SLEEP LIKE A SNORING TIGER" - Monte
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-18 21:00:32
March 18 2014 21:00 GMT
#29024
On March 19 2014 05:53 phyvo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2014 05:43 jcarlsoniv wrote:
On March 19 2014 05:22 phyvo wrote:
New liquid smash so weird, I get to see KDJ at the PM weeklies for the first time and now suddenly he's sporting the liquid moniker.

Maybe if Soniv actually gets his butt over here on the 27th I can look at him and cause TL to esports him too.


Lol, I was incredibly mediocre at Melee, and since I don't practice PM like at all, I'm def not sponsorable status =P

I really want to get out there next week, I'm just not sure how feasible it is. It's ~1hr, but I'll have to go on the Mass Pike during rush hour so...bleh.


Do not doubt the magic wand of esports tagology!

Honestly traffic on the pike is not that bad around here from 5-7 pm unless you're going all the way into Boston. Where it is slow it's in the westbound direction by exit 14 and 15, which, depending on your choice of exit, is one or two exits beyond where you'd get off. Checking the traffic data from google maps confirms what I know from experience. There might be a good number of cars on the road but unless there's serious construction or an accident it won't be slow.

Yeah, the road you want to avoid most at rush hour is i-95, not i-90.


Ah, ok. See, 84 and 91 in CT are both absolutely miserable during rush hour, and I've only heard bad things about Mass Pike, so I just assumed.

You very well may see me next week then. I'll def be rocking the TL hoodie.

edit: is there somewhere that I have to like...sign up for it?
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
March 18 2014 21:08 GMT
#29025
We just miss you Smash :3

Is captain falcon any good? that's all I play lol
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
March 18 2014 21:09 GMT
#29026
show me your boobs
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
March 18 2014 21:10 GMT
#29027
Falcon's high tier, though I don't recall any big name tourney wins with a Falcon.
TranslatorBaa!
phyvo
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States5635 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-18 21:13:06
March 18 2014 21:12 GMT
#29028
No, it's all walk-in. If you want to play in the PM tournament you want to really try to make it before 7, but if you're going to be late you can call Nyle (he's in the new england melee facebook group which also has the complete event information) ahead of time (like, on the way) to register and get your tag entered. If you don't enter the tournament you just pay the venue fee at the store counter and you can arrive whenever. After the tournament starts tournament matches take priority but as people get knocked out there will be more room for friendlies.
"BE A MANGO TO SLEEP LIKE A SNORING TIGER" - Monte
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
March 18 2014 21:13 GMT
#29029
Fuck today.
Started at 8, it's now 5:15 and I just got a break 10 minutes ago to eat my fucking lunch.
In don't even get to go home now, I have to write a stupid assignment here at school because my printer fucking broke last week and so I don't get to spend time with the guy tonight.
I'm so fucking tired

Hi Smash

Maybe tonight if I don't pass out whenever I DO get home I'll watch that documentary.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
March 18 2014 21:22 GMT
#29030
On March 19 2014 06:08 mordek wrote:
We just miss you Smash :3

Is captain falcon any good? that's all I play lol

Falcon is really good, solid 7th/8th best in the game, though Falcon players will whine all day every day that he sucks.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
Doctorbeat
Profile Joined May 2011
Netherlands13241 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-18 21:25:01
March 18 2014 21:24 GMT
#29031
On March 19 2014 06:22 Mogwai wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2014 06:08 mordek wrote:
We just miss you Smash :3

Is captain falcon any good? that's all I play lol

Falcon is really good, solid 7th/8th best in the game, though Falcon players will whine all day every day that he sucks.


Is Marth still the OP of the OPs? I remember one of my friends who only played Marth annoying the rest of the group because the character has fucking huge range, damage and even decent recovery. So one day we just decided Marth was banned.

Oh and will there ever be Liquid'League? ;..;
- TEAM LIQUID - doctorbeat on LoL
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-18 21:26:51
March 18 2014 21:25 GMT
#29032
On March 19 2014 06:22 Mogwai wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2014 06:08 mordek wrote:
We just miss you Smash :3

Is captain falcon any good? that's all I play lol

Falcon is really good, solid 7th/8th best in the game, though Falcon players will whine all day every day that he sucks.


Well, in a world with Marth Fox Sheik Falco Jiggs, can you really blame 'em ORZ

I hate Falcon cause he shits on lower tiers really hard He just bullies people that want to play non top tier chars ;_;

On March 19 2014 06:24 Doctorbeat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2014 06:22 Mogwai wrote:
On March 19 2014 06:08 mordek wrote:
We just miss you Smash :3

Is captain falcon any good? that's all I play lol

Falcon is really good, solid 7th/8th best in the game, though Falcon players will whine all day every day that he sucks.


Is Marth still the OP of the OPs? I remember one of my friends who only played Marth annoying the rest of the group because the character has fucking huge range, damage and even decent recovery. So one day we just decided Marth was banned.

Oh and will there ever be Liquid'League? ;..;


Marth is probably the most overpowered character at lower levels I think, the skill/reward ratio is too high when people aren't familiar with the game and everyone is just C-sticking each other without techs.

As you go higher he becomes less bullshit but is still solidly a top tier character, like top 5 or higher depending on who you ask.
TranslatorBaa!
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
March 18 2014 21:27 GMT
#29033
I remember when people took SSBB seriously (for like a couple months after release), the tops were Marth/Meta Knight/Snake/Fox/Toon Link(?)
It's your boy Guzma!
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
March 18 2014 21:32 GMT
#29034
On March 19 2014 05:43 kainzero wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2014 05:24 Alaric wrote:
On March 19 2014 05:20 jcarlsoniv wrote:
On March 19 2014 05:15 Alaric wrote:
Maybe it'll bring SmashGizmo back here. :3
That'd actually amuse me, if only for the contrast between an old timer and new members none of whom he recognizes (is that even correct... I SUMMON THEE, CHEEP).


I assume you mean new TL members? Because gizbro definitely knows Ken and KDJ lol

Like I know evverything about the SSB community. I'll use you guys to understand stuff better when tourneys come around (we already have people here for DotA, and a friend can explain KoF to me if I decide to smash my sleep schedule for EVO... fuck Cali).

EVO is in Nevada (Las Vegas).

You can hate Cali, but not for hosting EVO.

C'mon, 'muricans are even worse at geography than that. I'll just hate on the west coast as a whole, gonna work too.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
red_
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8474 Posts
March 18 2014 21:32 GMT
#29035
That would require so much brain - Stat Man Bruno, 2014.
How did the experience of working at Mr Burns' Nuclear Plant influence Homer's composition of the Iliad and Odyssey?
Doctorbeat
Profile Joined May 2011
Netherlands13241 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-18 21:36:17
March 18 2014 21:33 GMT
#29036
On March 19 2014 06:25 Carnivorous Sheep wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2014 06:22 Mogwai wrote:
On March 19 2014 06:08 mordek wrote:
We just miss you Smash :3

Is captain falcon any good? that's all I play lol

Falcon is really good, solid 7th/8th best in the game, though Falcon players will whine all day every day that he sucks.


Well, in a world with Marth Fox Sheik Falco Jiggs, can you really blame 'em ORZ

I hate Falcon cause he shits on lower tiers really hard He just bullies people that want to play non top tier chars ;_;

Show nested quote +
On March 19 2014 06:24 Doctorbeat wrote:
On March 19 2014 06:22 Mogwai wrote:
On March 19 2014 06:08 mordek wrote:
We just miss you Smash :3

Is captain falcon any good? that's all I play lol

Falcon is really good, solid 7th/8th best in the game, though Falcon players will whine all day every day that he sucks.


Is Marth still the OP of the OPs? I remember one of my friends who only played Marth annoying the rest of the group because the character has fucking huge range, damage and even decent recovery. So one day we just decided Marth was banned.

Oh and will there ever be Liquid'League? ;..;


Marth is probably the most overpowered character at lower levels I think, the skill/reward ratio is too high when people aren't familiar with the game and everyone is just C-sticking each other without techs.

As you go higher he becomes less bullshit but is still solidly a top tier character, like top 5 or higher depending on who you ask.


I started out playing Ganondorf a lot. The slowness actually made it easier for me to learn the basics, plus the odd chance I got to actually neutral B someone out of the map gave satisfaction. After that it was Dr. Mario (fun times with capes), then I got into Falco/Fox. Never got good, we just competed with friends and none of us was actually good at the game.

I always thought Link and Samus were super fun too, but they have so many weaknesses

We also had Cpt. Falcon and Jiggs only games where you could only use the roll/sleep with Jiggs and the knee with Falcon. Knee battles were the most fun :D
- TEAM LIQUID - doctorbeat on LoL
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
March 18 2014 21:36 GMT
#29037
On March 19 2014 06:24 Doctorbeat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2014 06:22 Mogwai wrote:
On March 19 2014 06:08 mordek wrote:
We just miss you Smash :3

Is captain falcon any good? that's all I play lol

Falcon is really good, solid 7th/8th best in the game, though Falcon players will whine all day every day that he sucks.


Is Marth still the OP of the OPs? I remember one of my friends who only played Marth annoying the rest of the group because the character has fucking huge range, damage and even decent recovery. So one day we just decided Marth was banned.

Oh and will there ever be Liquid'League? ;..;


Marth is very good. There's a big Fox kick going on in the scene right now I believe.
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
March 18 2014 21:38 GMT
#29038
On March 19 2014 06:36 jcarlsoniv wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2014 06:24 Doctorbeat wrote:
On March 19 2014 06:22 Mogwai wrote:
On March 19 2014 06:08 mordek wrote:
We just miss you Smash :3

Is captain falcon any good? that's all I play lol

Falcon is really good, solid 7th/8th best in the game, though Falcon players will whine all day every day that he sucks.


Is Marth still the OP of the OPs? I remember one of my friends who only played Marth annoying the rest of the group because the character has fucking huge range, damage and even decent recovery. So one day we just decided Marth was banned.

Oh and will there ever be Liquid'League? ;..;


Marth is very good. There's a big Fox kick going on in the scene right now I believe.


"now?" Fox has been top 3 for an eternity, pretty much ever since we had a tier list, it's hardly a new phenomenon ORZ.

Though I will say Fox has continuously gotten placed higher in the tier list because he's the (most?) technically demanding character, and as people get better, we see more and more competent Foxes.
TranslatorBaa!
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
March 18 2014 21:44 GMT
#29039
On March 19 2014 06:38 Carnivorous Sheep wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2014 06:36 jcarlsoniv wrote:
On March 19 2014 06:24 Doctorbeat wrote:
On March 19 2014 06:22 Mogwai wrote:
On March 19 2014 06:08 mordek wrote:
We just miss you Smash :3

Is captain falcon any good? that's all I play lol

Falcon is really good, solid 7th/8th best in the game, though Falcon players will whine all day every day that he sucks.


Is Marth still the OP of the OPs? I remember one of my friends who only played Marth annoying the rest of the group because the character has fucking huge range, damage and even decent recovery. So one day we just decided Marth was banned.

Oh and will there ever be Liquid'League? ;..;


Marth is very good. There's a big Fox kick going on in the scene right now I believe.


"now?" Fox has been top 3 for an eternity, pretty much ever since we had a tier list, it's hardly a new phenomenon ORZ.

Though I will say Fox has continuously gotten placed higher in the tier list because he's the (most?) technically demanding character, and as people get better, we see more and more competent Foxes.


Oh, for sure. I'm only saying "now" because I watched some of RoM7 and there were sooooooo many foxes. Not nearly as many Shieks as I expected.
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
March 18 2014 21:46 GMT
#29040
So, for a long time I've been bottom of the barreling my graphics settings with my laptop, which I expected because it's a laptop. Turns out all this time I might have been gaming on an intergrated intel chip instead of the legit videocard.
Prev 1 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 5162 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta35
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech137
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12909
Shuttle 888
Artosis 603
Dewaltoss 56
NaDa 11
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm161
League of Legends
Doublelift4205
Counter-Strike
taco 477
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox562
AZ_Axe96
Other Games
summit1g8484
Day[9].tv512
C9.Mang0335
WinterStarcraft222
Maynarde146
ViBE123
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV190
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 38
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv512
Upcoming Events
OSC
21h 5m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 8h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 15h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 17h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.