• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:01
CEST 09:01
KST 16:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon102Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10870 users

Off-Topic General Discussion - Page 1070

Forum Index > The Shopkeeper′s Inn
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 5162 Next
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
January 30 2014 22:08 GMT
#21381
Nutella is garbo, it's just another fad food.
It's your boy Guzma!
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
January 30 2014 22:09 GMT
#21382
On January 31 2014 06:59 jcarlsoniv wrote:
Blueberry or Brown Cinnamon Sugar

mordek, gtfo

Show nested quote +
On January 31 2014 06:59 ComaDose wrote:
toaster strudle


no, you eat these wrong

Oh gosh you're in the blueberry camp XP
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
January 30 2014 22:11 GMT
#21383
On January 31 2014 07:07 GhandiEAGLE wrote:

Seriously though Toaster Strudels are a step up, but poptarts are really all just piles of sugary crap. If you really want something that sugary, but not as bland, just eat some Nutella out of a fucking jar or something lol
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2014 07:06 jcarlsoniv wrote:
On January 31 2014 07:04 Requizen wrote:
On January 31 2014 07:02 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Poptarts are bile.

Go back to Canada, Jeff.


Even Canada doesn't deserve that

Seattle is basically Canada. When people ask if you've been out of the country it's just assumed Canada doesn't count.


Seattle is Canada's armpit

On January 31 2014 07:09 mordek wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2014 06:59 jcarlsoniv wrote:
Blueberry or Brown Cinnamon Sugar

mordek, gtfo

On January 31 2014 06:59 ComaDose wrote:
toaster strudle


no, you eat these wrong

Oh gosh you're in the blueberry camp XP


Strawberry is good, but eating a poptart without frosting is like eating jelly filled cardboard
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
BlackPaladin
Profile Joined May 2010
United States9316 Posts
January 30 2014 22:14 GMT
#21384
On January 31 2014 07:11 jcarlsoniv wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2014 07:07 GhandiEAGLE wrote:

Seriously though Toaster Strudels are a step up, but poptarts are really all just piles of sugary crap. If you really want something that sugary, but not as bland, just eat some Nutella out of a fucking jar or something lol
On January 31 2014 07:06 jcarlsoniv wrote:
On January 31 2014 07:04 Requizen wrote:
On January 31 2014 07:02 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Poptarts are bile.

Go back to Canada, Jeff.


Even Canada doesn't deserve that

Seattle is basically Canada. When people ask if you've been out of the country it's just assumed Canada doesn't count.


Seattle is Canada's armpit

Show nested quote +
On January 31 2014 07:09 mordek wrote:
On January 31 2014 06:59 jcarlsoniv wrote:
Blueberry or Brown Cinnamon Sugar

mordek, gtfo

On January 31 2014 06:59 ComaDose wrote:
toaster strudle


no, you eat these wrong

Oh gosh you're in the blueberry camp XP


Strawberry is good, but eating a poptart without frosting is like eating jelly filled cardboard


That is scarily accurate....
"Your full potential does not matter if you do not use all 100% of it."
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
January 30 2014 22:14 GMT
#21385
On January 31 2014 07:08 Requizen wrote:
Nutella is garbo, it's just another fad food.

NOW we're seeing the true heresy reveal itself.
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
January 30 2014 22:20 GMT
#21386
how could nutella be fad food

it's been around for like 50 years or more
A backwards poet writes inverse.
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-30 22:25:22
January 30 2014 22:25 GMT
#21387
On January 31 2014 07:11 jcarlsoniv wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2014 07:07 GhandiEAGLE wrote:

Seriously though Toaster Strudels are a step up, but poptarts are really all just piles of sugary crap. If you really want something that sugary, but not as bland, just eat some Nutella out of a fucking jar or something lol
On January 31 2014 07:06 jcarlsoniv wrote:
On January 31 2014 07:04 Requizen wrote:
On January 31 2014 07:02 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Poptarts are bile.

Go back to Canada, Jeff.


Even Canada doesn't deserve that

Seattle is basically Canada. When people ask if you've been out of the country it's just assumed Canada doesn't count.


Seattle is Canada's armpit

Show nested quote +
On January 31 2014 07:09 mordek wrote:
On January 31 2014 06:59 jcarlsoniv wrote:
Blueberry or Brown Cinnamon Sugar

mordek, gtfo

On January 31 2014 06:59 ComaDose wrote:
toaster strudle


no, you eat these wrong

Oh gosh you're in the blueberry camp XP


Strawberry is good, but eating a poptart without frosting is like eating jelly filled cardboard

The truth is... I don't really care for poptarts... or sugary stuff usually :X

Nutella pretty legit tho
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-30 22:30:33
January 30 2014 22:26 GMT
#21388
^ Nutella is nothing but a way to waste perfectly good bread invented by tasteless people.

7-3 Paladin draft:
+ Show Spoiler +
Blessing of Wisdom
Noble Sacrifice
Worgen Infiltrator
Acidic Swamp Ooze
Loot Hoarder
River Crocolisk
Youthful Brewmaster
Aldor Peacekeeper
Earthen Ring Farseer
Flesheating Ghoul
Harvest Golem
Imp Master
Raid Leader
Chillwind Yeti
Consecration
Cult Master × 2
Dragonling Mechanic
Gnomish Inventor
Hammer of Wrath × 3
Sen'jin Shieldmasta
Spellbreaker
Azure Drake
Stampeding Kodo
Stormpike Commando
Venture Co. Mercenary
Argent Commander
Frost Elemental

It was... weird. I thought I got fucked pretty hard by the draft that gave me close to no 2-3 drops, especially in the 2nd half, and no Equality nor Truesilver Champion either. I've got a bunch of Hammer of Wrath which helps recycle my hand but I found them kinda slow past turn 4-5.
After I went 5-2 the following wins were after pretty poor decks though, I don't feel like I should have went that far. To make up for it the pack didn't have a single card worth mentioning as I don't play mage.

I was pretty annoyed by the 2x Cultmaster because yesterday's draft had that too, with a similar curve (few early drops, late game a bit stronger, but slew of 4-drops) and it performed poorly, partly because the lack of early drops makes it hard to get board control, and then if I have to play Cultmasters or stuff like they get traded up against next turn and my late game was nowhere good enough to catch back up (basically 2x Venture Co. + Stormwind Champion + Frostwolf Warlord).
Frostwolf didn't get much value either because lack of drops and low HP medium drops meant I never had a real board to play him on for a real 5 mana value.

But this time because I had a bunch of draw (I coined a blessing of wisdom once or twice when I could get 2+ cards out of it) and the impmaster and harvest golem I somehow managed to get a bunch more cards on several occasions out of the cultmasters. A game vs a Warlock had us at 11 and 13 cards respectively by turn 10, I won 5-6 turns later with only 2 cards remaining.

That kind of deck feels... weird. I'm weak as fuck on turns 5-7 (because of the rather meh draft I'm often weak-ish at turns 3-4 too depending on what I have to play) but once I reach 8 mana I can shit cards at a rate of 2 a turn very reliably and for a long time compared to a more standard curve, so if I survive till there without being overwhelmed and if they don't have too many big cards/taunts (removal is super low, either Hammer spam or Aldor->Kodo) I can wear them down.
If I can get the ghoul on the board (hard because no taunts) it can snowball pretty hard too, especially if I have imps and recruits to sacrifice.

It's so different from my usual tempo-oriented decks, and it's still not quite the same kind of late game decks as typical Druid/Paladin/etc. it's very curious. I'd build one to get a feel for it but I lack cards like cultmaster or blessing of wisdom that help maintain a good draw all game long.

TL;DR: wtf draw-oriented decks feel so weird to play I have no idea when I'm ahead or not.
Also, if you Aldor an earth elemental... don't silence it afterwards. I'm a dumbass (even though I can't do much with this draft against drafts with 2x Fire elemental 1x Earth Elemental).
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-30 22:32:19
January 30 2014 22:30 GMT
#21389
I skimmed through the wall of text. Looked at the deck. I'd expect 5-7 wins with that deck no problem. I'd only be unhappy about raid leader. 2x cult master and dragonling mechanic aren't great. I dunno looks perfectly fine to me and pretty close to a lot of my pally drafts.

Well except no TSC... that does suck a lot
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
January 30 2014 22:34 GMT
#21390
On January 31 2014 07:20 Dandel Ion wrote:
how could nutella be fad food

it's been around for like 50 years or more

I'd never heard of it until suddenly all these twenty-something people started 'gasming about it on every site ever, and they opened a fucking Nutella bar in my city.

It's chocolate and hazelnut. It tastes kinda like bad chocolate/peanutbutter swirl. It's not good enough that people should be carrying around gallon drums of it with a spoon.
It's your boy Guzma!
Nos-
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada12016 Posts
January 30 2014 22:38 GMT
#21391
gluten free is a fad, nutella isn't
Bronze player stuck in platinum
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
January 30 2014 22:39 GMT
#21392
Until you go gluten-free and then you eat half a pizza and then have GI issues for the next day...
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-30 22:41:38
January 30 2014 22:39 GMT
#21393
On January 31 2014 07:30 mordek wrote:
I skimmed through the wall of text. Looked at the deck. I'd expect 5-7 wins with that deck no problem. I'd only be unhappy about raid leader. 2x cult master and dragonling mechanic aren't great. I dunno looks perfectly fine to me and pretty close to a lot of my pally drafts.

Well except no TSC... that does suck a lot

Dunno, usually I end up with 5+ 2-drops, at least 3-4 3-drops (I mean, real 3 drops, not raid leader He was only a win more if I managed to put get imps/recruits on the board without a cultmaster to suicide them before), and less 4-drops. The curve was really weird and the reason I had a huge hand was a much because I could draw a lot as because I rarely had premium cards to play. Low number of 2-drops and almost no 3-drops meant that I often had to coin Hammer of Wrath (or use my 4th turn on it) to remove a 3-4 drop, rather than playing Taz'dingo to setup/protect a ghoul or impmaster for example, for lack of board control.

Considering I mainly play Rogue it's a shitty situation to be in in my mind, so I really had trouble assessing whether I was in a good position or not.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Shelke14
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada6655 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-30 22:42:17
January 30 2014 22:41 GMT
#21394
Nutella is meh. PB&J is 10000000000x better

Wait, how is gluten a fad? Lots of people can't eat products with gluten in it
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-30 22:42:52
January 30 2014 22:41 GMT
#21395
On January 31 2014 07:34 Requizen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2014 07:20 Dandel Ion wrote:
how could nutella be fad food

it's been around for like 50 years or more

I'd never heard of it until suddenly all these twenty-something people started 'gasming about it on every site ever, and they opened a fucking Nutella bar in my city.

It's chocolate and hazelnut. It tastes kinda like bad chocolate/peanutbutter swirl. It's not good enough that people should be carrying around gallon drums of it with a spoon.

It must have felt bad to have been forced to type that at some criminal's gunpoint. Nobody desiring anything except anarchy would type something so hurtful and heretical.
On January 31 2014 07:41 Shelke14 wrote:
Nutella is meh. PB&J is 10000000000x better

Wait, how is gluten a fad? Lots of people can't eat products with gluten in it

YOUR FACE IS MEH
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
AsmodeusXI
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States15536 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-30 22:43:02
January 30 2014 22:42 GMT
#21396
On January 31 2014 07:38 Nos- wrote:
gluten free is a fad, nutella isn't


Tell that to some celiac people. <3

On January 31 2014 07:41 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2014 07:34 Requizen wrote:
On January 31 2014 07:20 Dandel Ion wrote:
how could nutella be fad food

it's been around for like 50 years or more

I'd never heard of it until suddenly all these twenty-something people started 'gasming about it on every site ever, and they opened a fucking Nutella bar in my city.

It's chocolate and hazelnut. It tastes kinda like bad chocolate/peanutbutter swirl. It's not good enough that people should be carrying around gallon drums of it with a spoon.

It must have felt bad to have been forced to type that at some criminal's gunpoint. Nobody desiring anything except anarchy would type something so hurtful and heretical.


So.... we're thinking Roffles or Cheep?
WriterTL > RL. BNet: Asmodeus#1187 - LoL: DJForeclosure - Steam: asmodeusxi | www.n3rddimension.com
kainzero
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States5211 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-30 22:46:21
January 30 2014 22:43 GMT
#21397
You don't know fad foods until you've had cronuts and ramen burgers.

On January 31 2014 07:42 AsmodeusXI wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2014 07:38 Nos- wrote:
gluten free is a fad, nutella isn't


Tell that to some celiac people. <3

They're happy because there's a greater variety of food to eat now, but then they're sad when they eat it and still get sick because they aren't entirely gluten-free since it was made for fad dieters.
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
January 30 2014 22:49 GMT
#21398
I don't eat breakfast.
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
January 30 2014 22:50 GMT
#21399
I don't eat.

I don't sleep.

I don't even blink.

I should get that looked at.
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
Shelke14
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada6655 Posts
January 30 2014 22:51 GMT
#21400
I'm eating food in my truck watching two people walk around on their roof shovelling the snow off with no safety stuff. They are just asking to fall off. Waiting.. Watching.... Will it happen? I hope not, I'm driving home. Time to sesh
Prev 1 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 5162 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 175
StarCraft: Brood War
soO 635
hero 577
BeSt 287
Hyuk 238
Mind 37
Bale 24
Noble 15
Shinee 11
Icarus 8
yabsab 8
[ Show more ]
ZergMaN 8
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1096
XaKoH 449
League of Legends
JimRising 590
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King77
Other Games
summit1g9570
ceh9370
Livibee96
ArmadaUGS54
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick499
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 8
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH357
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2309
League of Legends
• Rush1450
• Stunt474
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
2h 59m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
3h 59m
Monday Night Weeklies
8h 59m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 2h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 2h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 16h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.