• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:08
CEST 02:08
KST 09:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 5963 users

Off-Topic General Discussion - Page 1065

Forum Index > The Shopkeeper′s Inn
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 5162 Next
Shelke14
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada6655 Posts
January 30 2014 17:32 GMT
#21281
I'd be interested in a DnD group. Just don't know how reliable id be. But I'd gladly rip face in that game. Make cixah my little bitch in it ^_^. Lol kidding!
Cixah
Profile Joined July 2010
United States11285 Posts
January 30 2014 17:34 GMT
#21282
Wow, you're like the rudest Canadian ever.
Hug The Goat! Hug the Goat! Hug the Goat!
ComaDose
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada10357 Posts
January 30 2014 17:34 GMT
#21283
should we add an D for drinking so its TLLOLOTGDTDGN
BW pros training sc2 is like kiss making a dub step album.
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
January 30 2014 17:35 GMT
#21284
The trick is you need someone to be a really dedicated DM. And you just can't find those and a group that will meet regularly in real life unfortunately.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
January 30 2014 17:39 GMT
#21285
On January 31 2014 02:35 mordek wrote:
The trick is you need someone to be a really dedicated DM. And you just can't find those and a group that will meet regularly in real life unfortunately.

I've actually never had a problem with that. I have one friend who's a really good DM and also enjoys doing it. I've run a few campaigns myself, and though some sessions were a bit more last-minute than others, it's overall a cool experience because you get to tell a story. Still, part of me enjoys actually roleplaying a character and just playing.

We did our last campaign as a rotating DM system, which was kinda neat. We all had characters, but when it was your turn to DM you either put your character on NPC detail or sidelined them with a sidequest/etc and just planned for the rest of the group. I prefer one cohesive story, and this was a bit more slipshod because everyone ran it a bit differently and took the story/NPCs their own way, but it was kinda fun to be collaborative like that.
It's your boy Guzma!
Dark_Chill
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada3353 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-30 17:42:34
January 30 2014 17:41 GMT
#21286
On January 31 2014 01:29 jcarlsoniv wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2014 01:24 AsmodeusXI wrote:
I'd like to point out that this would probably (maybe) be hilarious to play drunk. Even though it costs money.

Just look at dem GIFS

http://kotaku.com/live-out-your-80s-mech-combat-fantasies-with-a-pc-shoot-1511972153


oh damn

speaking of which - I need a reminder of all the games I need updated for tomorrow

Also, what are people drinking? I still haven't decided yet. I need something delicious that will get me sufficiently drunk, but will not kill me too fast. I'm debating Monster+Jaeger, but I haven't had that in a long time and the hangover is awful lol

Don't do anything with Monster. That stuff is already bad by itself, and in a drinking event it's going to make subsequent drinking even easier and fuck you over more the next morning. Honestly a sip of only a hard liquor (ex. a nice tequila for a sweet taste) is going to be a lot better.

CUTE MAKES RIGHT
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-30 17:44:45
January 30 2014 17:43 GMT
#21287
On January 31 2014 02:39 Requizen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2014 02:35 mordek wrote:
The trick is you need someone to be a really dedicated DM. And you just can't find those and a group that will meet regularly in real life unfortunately.

I've actually never had a problem with that. I have one friend who's a really good DM and also enjoys doing it. I've run a few campaigns myself, and though some sessions were a bit more last-minute than others, it's overall a cool experience because you get to tell a story. Still, part of me enjoys actually roleplaying a character and just playing.

We did our last campaign as a rotating DM system, which was kinda neat. We all had characters, but when it was your turn to DM you either put your character on NPC detail or sidelined them with a sidequest/etc and just planned for the rest of the group. I prefer one cohesive story, and this was a bit more slipshod because everyone ran it a bit differently and took the story/NPCs their own way, but it was kinda fun to be collaborative like that.

I could see that working, the twists the story takes from DM to DM could be quite amusing. However, I have only at one point in my life known someone who was willing to put the effort in and enjoyed it and I haven't seen that person since I was 14 lol. For the record it was fantastic and I loved playing.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Cixah
Profile Joined July 2010
United States11285 Posts
January 30 2014 17:47 GMT
#21288
I'm drinking Rum and Coke for most of the night. I may switch to cranberry juice and rum as I run out of coke though. I also have just XX if we aren't doing hard liquor (no balls).
Hug The Goat! Hug the Goat! Hug the Goat!
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
January 30 2014 17:51 GMT
#21289
Whiskey sour is my usual and I probably won't go out for anything more before Friday.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
January 30 2014 17:51 GMT
#21290
Actually nevermind, Friday session moved to next week.

You're still a buncha drunks.
It's your boy Guzma!
JonGalt
Profile Joined February 2013
Pootie too good!4331 Posts
January 30 2014 17:54 GMT
#21291
On January 31 2014 02:51 Requizen wrote:
Actually nevermind, Friday session moved to next week.

You're still a buncha drunks.


it's 2014 req - no judgement (save for rapists and Nazis)
LiquidLegends StaffWho is Jon Galt?
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
January 30 2014 17:56 GMT
#21292
On January 31 2014 02:54 JonGalt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2014 02:51 Requizen wrote:
Actually nevermind, Friday session moved to next week.

You're still a buncha drunks.


it's 2014 req - no judgement (save for rapists and Nazis)

And Peace Corps volunteers.
It's your boy Guzma!
ComaDose
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada10357 Posts
January 30 2014 17:57 GMT
#21293
On January 31 2014 02:56 Requizen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2014 02:54 JonGalt wrote:
On January 31 2014 02:51 Requizen wrote:
Actually nevermind, Friday session moved to next week.

You're still a buncha drunks.


it's 2014 req - no judgement (save for rapists and Nazis)

And Peace Corps volunteers.

i do judge them + Show Spoiler +
as good people
BW pros training sc2 is like kiss making a dub step album.
Shelke14
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada6655 Posts
January 30 2014 18:07 GMT
#21294
When I get back from curling there better be people still up
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
January 30 2014 18:10 GMT
#21295
On January 31 2014 02:54 JonGalt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2014 02:51 Requizen wrote:
Actually nevermind, Friday session moved to next week.

You're still a buncha drunks.


it's 2014 req - no judgement (save for rapists and Nazis)

Idk it's pretty hard to not judge Req when he flaunts that he's never read Tower of God.
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
January 30 2014 18:12 GMT
#21296
On January 31 2014 03:10 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2014 02:54 JonGalt wrote:
On January 31 2014 02:51 Requizen wrote:
Actually nevermind, Friday session moved to next week.

You're still a buncha drunks.


it's 2014 req - no judgement (save for rapists and Nazis)

Idk it's pretty hard to not judge Req when he flaunts that he's never read Tower of God.

I gots better things to do, Jeff.
It's your boy Guzma!
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
January 30 2014 18:12 GMT
#21297
On January 31 2014 02:22 AsmodeusXI wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2014 02:20 jcarlsoniv wrote:
I really wish I had a D&D group to play with regularly. I have so little experience with it (only playing a campaign sporadically with a group of friends because of distance) and would love to play more.


I'm not forgetting about LoL D&D. Promise. It's happening, it's just a matter of when. I'm sure Req agrees. <3


I would just enjoy a non-themed one as well. I just wanna plaaaaay.

On January 31 2014 02:39 Requizen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2014 02:35 mordek wrote:
The trick is you need someone to be a really dedicated DM. And you just can't find those and a group that will meet regularly in real life unfortunately.

I've actually never had a problem with that. I have one friend who's a really good DM and also enjoys doing it. I've run a few campaigns myself, and though some sessions were a bit more last-minute than others, it's overall a cool experience because you get to tell a story. Still, part of me enjoys actually roleplaying a character and just playing.

We did our last campaign as a rotating DM system, which was kinda neat. We all had characters, but when it was your turn to DM you either put your character on NPC detail or sidelined them with a sidequest/etc and just planned for the rest of the group. I prefer one cohesive story, and this was a bit more slipshod because everyone ran it a bit differently and took the story/NPCs their own way, but it was kinda fun to be collaborative like that.


This would be interesting, although I'm a pretty crumby storyteller and have trouble being creative.
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
January 30 2014 18:14 GMT
#21298
On January 31 2014 03:12 Requizen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2014 03:10 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
On January 31 2014 02:54 JonGalt wrote:
On January 31 2014 02:51 Requizen wrote:
Actually nevermind, Friday session moved to next week.

You're still a buncha drunks.


it's 2014 req - no judgement (save for rapists and Nazis)

Idk it's pretty hard to not judge Req when he flaunts that he's never read Tower of God.

I gots better things to do, Jeff.

Theres gotta be a line you're crossing somewhere
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
January 30 2014 18:25 GMT
#21299
Internet DnD groups die really fast in my (limited) experience. One-time-and-you're-done fast.

Shame, because it could be pretty cool, but after trying to organize two groups and both dying within 1-2 sessions, I just kinda stopped trying for it.

Maybe once I move to vienna legit full-time I'll look for a local group to play in German, even though Fantasy in general makes my ears bleed when translated to german and I suspect it wouldn't be different for dnd.


tldr i wanna be a nerd but the internet wont let me.
A backwards poet writes inverse.
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-30 18:28:06
January 30 2014 18:27 GMT
#21300
On January 31 2014 03:14 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2014 03:12 Requizen wrote:
On January 31 2014 03:10 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
On January 31 2014 02:54 JonGalt wrote:
On January 31 2014 02:51 Requizen wrote:
Actually nevermind, Friday session moved to next week.

You're still a buncha drunks.


it's 2014 req - no judgement (save for rapists and Nazis)

Idk it's pretty hard to not judge Req when he flaunts that he's never read Tower of God.

I gots better things to do, Jeff.

Theres gotta be a line you're crossing somewhere


Actually the "Jeff" thing actually feels fitting now that I've seen it a few more times.

But you did not feel like a "Jeff" initially o/
TranslatorBaa!
Prev 1 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 5162 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 52m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1859
Artosis 656
White-Ra 128
910 45
Dota 2
monkeys_forever566
NeuroSwarm175
Counter-Strike
m0e_tv230
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe152
Heroes of the Storm
Trikslyr119
Other Games
summit1g8171
shahzam585
JimRising 454
C9.Mang0310
ArmadaUGS71
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick753
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream321
Other Games
BasetradeTV195
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 130
• Letter147
• davetesta6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki16
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
9h 52m
Afreeca Starleague
9h 52m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
23h 52m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 10h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.