• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:03
CEST 08:03
KST 15:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8326 users

[WCS 2018] Global Finals - Day 1

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 71 72 73 Next
Pandemona *
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Charlie Sheens House51493 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-10-22 19:44:40
October 22 2018 18:17 GMT
#1


Friday, Oct 26 4:00pm GMT (GMT+00:00)

(Wiki)2018 WCS Global Finals

Streams



uk StarCraft | fr OGaming

Format

  • Global Playoffs (Round of 16)

  • Four groups of four players (two players from WCS Korea, two players from WCS Circuit)
  • Players seeded by their WCS Korea/Circuit points.
  • Dual tournament format
  • Matches are Bo3.
  • Top 2 players of each group advance to the Global Finals.



Matches


Group A
[image loading] [image loading]
(T)Maru vs (Z)Lambo
[image loading] [image loading]
(T)TY vs (P)Neeb


Group B
[image loading] [image loading]
(P)Zest vs (T)HeRoMaRinE
[image loading] [image loading]
(P)sOs vs (Z)Serral


Results



+ Show Spoiler [Group A Standings] +


+ Show Spoiler [Group A Match List] +



+ Show Spoiler [Group B Standings] +


+ Show Spoiler [Group B Match List] +





CSS: FO-nTTaX
Awesomeness: Panda
Banner: Blizzard
ModeratorTeam Liquid Football Thread Guru! - Chelsea FC ♥
Pandemona *
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Charlie Sheens House51493 Posts
October 22 2018 18:18 GMT
#2
Poll: Maru vs Lambo

Maru Wins (168)
 
84%

Lambo Wins (31)
 
16%

199 total votes

Your vote: Maru vs Lambo

(Vote): Maru Wins
(Vote): Lambo Wins


Poll: TY vs Neeb

TY Wins (117)
 
63%

Neeb Wins (70)
 
37%

187 total votes

Your vote: TY vs Neeb

(Vote): TY Wins
(Vote): Neeb Wins


Poll: Zest vs HeRoMaRinE

Zest Wins (118)
 
70%

HeRoMaRinE Wins (50)
 
30%

168 total votes

Your vote: Zest vs HeRoMaRinE

(Vote): Zest Wins
(Vote): HeRoMaRinE Wins


Poll: sOs vs Serral

Serral Wins (124)
 
58%

sOs Wins (91)
 
42%

215 total votes

Your vote: sOs vs Serral

(Vote): sOs Wins
(Vote): Serral Wins

ModeratorTeam Liquid Football Thread Guru! - Chelsea FC ♥
Sickneel
Profile Joined August 2011
Croatia5 Posts
October 22 2018 18:29 GMT
#3
Wrong year in title, Should be very interesting finals, hope Neeb can make upset in group A.
Aeromi
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
France14463 Posts
October 22 2018 18:30 GMT
#4
The thread has been renamed.

@Pande : O'Gaming will cover the tournament : ]
https://twitter.com/DrAeromi | Updates on live tournaments: @StarCrafteSport
yht9657
Profile Joined December 2016
1810 Posts
October 22 2018 18:52 GMT
#5
oh boy Serral vs sOs is gonna be sick
TheDougler
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada8323 Posts
October 22 2018 19:08 GMT
#6
Awe hell yeah, I'm rooting first and foremost for sOs to take this whole tournament down, but if not him then Serral, and if not him then I'll settle for Maru, if not Maru then Neeb, and if not Neeb than anyone else. Because of that, I gotta say these first two groups are INSANELY hype.
I root for Euro Zergs, NA Protoss* and Korean Terrans. (Any North American who has beat a Korean Pro as Protoss counts as NA Toss)
onPHYRE
Profile Joined October 2010
Bulgaria925 Posts
October 22 2018 19:40 GMT
#7
Can't wait for this to start. Serral vs Maru would be epic.
Livin' this life like it was written.
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
October 22 2018 19:43 GMT
#8
Serral is the first foreigner I have confidence in getting out of his group
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
opisska
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Poland8852 Posts
October 22 2018 19:57 GMT
#9
I must say that while I am not a very big fan of the current WCS arrangements, I think this year has produced an incredibly interesting situation.

Still, it would be awesome irony, if the Ro8 turned out to be all Korean, which I consider perfectly possible. But maybe someone thinks it's crazy. Maybe it's so outrageous that someone would, I don't know, bet something over that?
"Jeez, that's far from ideal." - Serral, the king of mild trashtalk
TL+ Member
TheDougler
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada8323 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-10-26 20:32:51
October 22 2018 20:26 GMT
#10
On October 23 2018 04:57 opisska wrote:
I must say that while I am not a very big fan of the current WCS arrangements, I think this year has produced an incredibly interesting situation.

Still, it would be awesome irony, if the Ro8 turned out to be all Korean, which I consider perfectly possible. But maybe someone thinks it's crazy. Maybe it's so outrageous that someone would, I don't know, bet something over that?


I mean, it definitely could happen, but I'll make a sig bet. If no foreigners make it to the RO8 I'll change my sig to "Opisska is right: Foreigners suck. I suck. GG." If one or more foreigners make it you change your sig to "TheDougler is right: Foreigners rock. TheDougler rocks. GG."

Deal?
I root for Euro Zergs, NA Protoss* and Korean Terrans. (Any North American who has beat a Korean Pro as Protoss counts as NA Toss)
Fango
Profile Joined July 2016
United Kingdom8987 Posts
October 22 2018 20:31 GMT
#11
On October 23 2018 04:57 opisska wrote:
Still, it would be awesome irony, if the Ro8 turned out to be all Korean, which I consider perfectly possible. But maybe someone thinks it's crazy. Maybe it's so outrageous that someone would, I don't know, bet something over that?

It's possible, just unlikely. Upsets always happen and shake up results. In the case of Serral's group it would probably take an upset for him to not make it.

Last year the 8 koreans were all better than the 8 foreigners, yet 2 of them made it out. And this year that isn't even the case.
Zest, sOs, PartinG, Dark, and Maru are the real champs. ROOT_herO is overrated. Snute, Serral, and Scarlett are the foreigner GOATs
opisska
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Poland8852 Posts
October 22 2018 20:43 GMT
#12
On October 23 2018 05:26 TheDougler wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2018 04:57 opisska wrote:
I must say that while I am not a very big fan of the current WCS arrangements, I think this year has produced an incredibly interesting situation.

Still, it would be awesome irony, if the Ro8 turned out to be all Korean, which I consider perfectly possible. But maybe someone thinks it's crazy. Maybe it's so outrageous that someone would, I don't know, bet something over that?


I mean, it definitely could happen, but I'll make a sig bet. If no foreigners make it to the RO8 I'll change my sig to "Opisska is right, foreigners suck, I suck, gg." If one or more foreigners make it you change your sig to "TheDougler is right, foreigners rock, TheDougler rocks, gg."

Deal?


Deal!

You have about the same amount of posts and I would say similar visibility, so it is a pretty fair deal. We should only specify for how long the sig is to be kept (I don't care this way or the other).

Let your public humiliation commence!
"Jeez, that's far from ideal." - Serral, the king of mild trashtalk
TL+ Member
FrostedMiniWheats
Profile Joined August 2010
United States30730 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-10-26 17:18:06
October 22 2018 21:09 GMT
#13
The hype begins.

(T)Maru 2-0 (Z)Lambo
(T)TY 2-1 (P)Neeb

(T)Maru 1-2 (T)TY

==

(P)Zest 2-0 (T)HeRoMaRinE
(P)sOs 2-0 (Z)Serral

(P)Zest 1-2 (P)sOs

sOs vs Serral is the main event of this entire round imo. Eyes on Serral for obvious reasons but I have a strong feeling that sOs is going to ninja his way to another Blizzcon win. sOs has earned the right to never be counted out.

Serral is probably the only foreigner that will make it to the next round. Moderate chance for Neeb and a very slight one for Special if Rogue decides to shit the bed again.
NesTea | Mvp | MC | Leenock | Losira | Gumiho | DRG | Taeja | Jinro | Stephano | Thorzain | Sen | Idra |Polt | Bomber | Symbol | Squirtle | Fantasy | Jaedong | Maru | sOs | Seed | ByuN | ByuL | Neeb| Scarlett | Rogue | IM forever
Poopi
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France13021 Posts
October 22 2018 21:42 GMT
#14
Group A:
(T)Maru 2-0 (Z)Lambo
(T)TY 2-1 (P)Neeb

(T)Maru 2-1 (T)TY
(P)Neeb 2-0 (Z)Lambo

(T)TY 2-0 (P)Neeb

Group B:
(P)Zest 1-2 (T)HeRoMaRinE
(P)sOs 1-2 (Z)Serral

(Z)Serral 2-0 (T)HeRoMaRinE
(P)sOs 2-1 (P)Zest

(T)HeRoMaRinE 1-2 (P)sOs
WriterMaru
Pandemona *
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Charlie Sheens House51493 Posts
October 22 2018 21:44 GMT
#15
I don't like the format, Blizzcon is like 7 days after the last day (Sunday) why not one group to the finish every day? A - D - C - B if u want fair rest if it is A1 vs D2 etc as well.

Oh well, should be amazing games, sOs vs Serral is going to be AWESOME
ModeratorTeam Liquid Football Thread Guru! - Chelsea FC ♥
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
October 22 2018 22:06 GMT
#16
Group A:
(T)Maru 2-0 (Z)Lambo
(T)TY 2-1 (P)Neeb

(T)Maru 2-1 (T)TY
(P)Neeb 2-0 (Z)Lambo

(P)Neeb 2-0 (T)TY

Group B:
(T)HeRoMaRinE 2-0 (P)Zest
(P)sOs 2-1 (Z)Serral

(Z)Serral 2-0 (P)Zest
(P)sOs 2-1 (T)HeRoMaRinE

(Z)Serral 2-0 (T)HeRoMaRinE
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
October 22 2018 22:08 GMT
#17
On October 23 2018 05:26 TheDougler wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2018 04:57 opisska wrote:
I must say that while I am not a very big fan of the current WCS arrangements, I think this year has produced an incredibly interesting situation.

Still, it would be awesome irony, if the Ro8 turned out to be all Korean, which I consider perfectly possible. But maybe someone thinks it's crazy. Maybe it's so outrageous that someone would, I don't know, bet something over that?


I mean, it definitely could happen, but I'll make a sig bet. If no foreigners make it to the RO8 I'll change my sig to "Opisska is right, foreigners suck, I suck, gg." If one or more foreigners make it you change your sig to "TheDougler is right, foreigners rock, TheDougler rocks, gg."

Deal?

It is impossible for Dougler to lose. Zest is in Serral's group. RIP Korean 100% attendance right there.
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
TentativePanda
Profile Joined August 2014
United States800 Posts
October 22 2018 23:51 GMT
#18
Heart wants Neeb to beat TY, but I don't really see it happening. Maru out of group 1st. Both heart and head say Serral out 1st in his group, and I'll say Zest out 2nd
Alarak89
Profile Joined January 2016
United States882 Posts
October 23 2018 00:24 GMT
#19
sOs vs Serral should be the main dish and an interesting match for first day.
sOs is THE ONLY player I pay attention to
TheDougler
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada8323 Posts
October 23 2018 01:49 GMT
#20
On October 23 2018 05:43 opisska wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2018 05:26 TheDougler wrote:
On October 23 2018 04:57 opisska wrote:
I must say that while I am not a very big fan of the current WCS arrangements, I think this year has produced an incredibly interesting situation.

Still, it would be awesome irony, if the Ro8 turned out to be all Korean, which I consider perfectly possible. But maybe someone thinks it's crazy. Maybe it's so outrageous that someone would, I don't know, bet something over that?


I mean, it definitely could happen, but I'll make a sig bet. If no foreigners make it to the RO8 I'll change my sig to "Opisska is right, foreigners suck, I suck, gg." If one or more foreigners make it you change your sig to "TheDougler is right, foreigners rock, TheDougler rocks, gg."

Deal?


Deal!

You have about the same amount of posts and I would say similar visibility, so it is a pretty fair deal. We should only specify for how long the sig is to be kept (I don't care this way or the other).

Let your public humiliation commence!


Good point! How about until the next WCS Event in 2019? That way we can make another bet if we want too.

I look forward to reaping the rewards of your hubris!!
I root for Euro Zergs, NA Protoss* and Korean Terrans. (Any North American who has beat a Korean Pro as Protoss counts as NA Toss)
1 2 3 4 5 71 72 73 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 58m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft747
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 618
Stork 267
ggaemo 236
Leta 161
PianO 56
Hyuk 28
yabsab 19
Bale 16
ZergMaN 13
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm189
League of Legends
Reynor46
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King178
Westballz46
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor673
Other Games
summit1g8781
Coldzera 822
C9.Mang0344
PiGStarcraft186
Sick155
ArmadaUGS57
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick670
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream131
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 13
• Letter1410
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2232
League of Legends
• Lourlo1227
• Stunt416
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
3h 58m
Online Event
4h 58m
FEL
9h 58m
AI Arena Tournament
10h 58m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
12h 58m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 3h
INu's Battles
1d 5h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 12h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 17h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.