• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:33
CEST 06:33
KST 13:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9781 users

[GSL Code S] Season 2 2017 Grand Finals! - Page 34

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 32 33 34 35 36 62 Next
JackONeill
Profile Joined September 2013
861 Posts
June 24 2017 10:23 GMT
#661
On June 24 2017 19:21 JoeCool wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2017 19:19 opisska wrote:
On June 24 2017 19:18 JoeCool wrote:
On June 24 2017 19:11 Heartland wrote:
On June 24 2017 19:10 JoeCool wrote:
Guess I'll just stop watching soO playing in finals, it's just not that much fun if you know the outcome beforehand.


so you don't rewatch your favorite movies because you know the ending?


That depends, if the movie is dependant on the end/twist/outcome I don't rewatch them. The Sixth Sense for example isn't nearly as good if you know the outcome.
Also I think that comparing finals of a sport to a movie isn't a good comparison, a lot of tension and fun is because you don't know what will happen next and who will come out on top. WIth soO playing finals, that's rarely the case.


With the amount of movies available, I really don't see a reason to watch anything more than once


Yeah but there are some exceptions like Snatch. Watched that movie at least 12 times, still makes me rofl everytime.


shit i should rewatch snatch and rockndrolla it's been a while
Charoisaur
Profile Joined August 2014
Germany16099 Posts
June 24 2017 10:23 GMT
#662
On June 24 2017 19:21 Fango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2017 19:19 blardoh wrote:
On June 24 2017 19:16 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
I'm completely convinced anyone cheering for Gumiho is a heartless bastard. I don't get how anyone can watch soO lose again and not have their heart completely shredded to bits.


I'm should cheer for the race I hate the most simply because he keeps losing? No, i'm going to root for the race I play.


the meta is to cheer for your own race to lose. that way you can blame stuff on balance and feel like you play better than you do

there have been times when I actually did this haha.
Many of the coolest moments in sc2 happen due to worker harassment
DieuCure
Profile Joined January 2017
France3713 Posts
June 24 2017 10:23 GMT
#663
On June 24 2017 19:22 Fango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2017 19:21 JackONeill wrote:
On June 24 2017 19:19 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On June 24 2017 19:18 Charoisaur wrote:
On June 24 2017 19:16 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
I'm completely convinced anyone cheering for Gumiho is a heartless bastard. I don't get how anyone can watch soO lose again and not have their heart completely shredded to bits.

the Gumiho story (first GSL finals in 7 years of trying) is pretty cool too.

it's not 1/10 as cool as soO finally winning would be. I don't want another one off GSL champion who will never make another finals. I dont want another jjakji, I want soO to goddamn make it


I don't give a shit about who wins i'd just like to see somewhat close and entertaining games and not a facestomp


I just want the top 8 koreans at blizzcon to be unstoppable. I don't mind gumi winning if he maintains form unitl then.


I think if soO wins his lvl will drop
TL+ Member
Kaewins
Profile Joined April 2013
Bulgaria138 Posts
June 24 2017 10:23 GMT
#664
On June 24 2017 19:19 lolfail9001 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2017 19:18 Kaewins wrote:
Vs that reaper build, what was the correct play for the zerg to win btw?

Roach all-in of course.


No other way? I mean the terran can obviously transition just from that opening, there has to be a way for the zerg to do the same. Maybe just going into roach/hydra?
Aocowns
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Norway6070 Posts
June 24 2017 10:23 GMT
#665
On June 24 2017 19:21 FrostedMiniWheats wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2017 19:19 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On June 24 2017 19:18 Charoisaur wrote:
On June 24 2017 19:16 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
I'm completely convinced anyone cheering for Gumiho is a heartless bastard. I don't get how anyone can watch soO lose again and not have their heart completely shredded to bits.

the Gumiho story (first GSL finals in 7 years of trying) is pretty cool too.

it's not 1/10 as cool as soO finally winning would be. I don't want another one off GSL champion who will never make another finals. I dont want another jjakji, I want soO to goddamn make it


I dunno. Gumiho has had some staying power. For most of his career he's at least been mid-tier and could always occasionally beat anyone just not consistently. This might be the beginning of him finally becoming a consistent top-tier player.

Always real hard for players that rely on particular strats and opponents inexperience to win to stay consistently on top, so i doubt it. Think its more likely hes a bit more consistent jjakji
I'm a salt-lord and hater of mech and ForGG, don't take me seriously, it's just my salt-humour speaking i swear. |KadaverBB best TL gaoler| |~IdrA's #1 fan~| SetGuitarsToKill and Duckk are my martyr heroes |
Ej_
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
47656 Posts
June 24 2017 10:24 GMT
#666
On June 24 2017 19:23 Aocowns wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2017 19:21 FrostedMiniWheats wrote:
On June 24 2017 19:19 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On June 24 2017 19:18 Charoisaur wrote:
On June 24 2017 19:16 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
I'm completely convinced anyone cheering for Gumiho is a heartless bastard. I don't get how anyone can watch soO lose again and not have their heart completely shredded to bits.

the Gumiho story (first GSL finals in 7 years of trying) is pretty cool too.

it's not 1/10 as cool as soO finally winning would be. I don't want another one off GSL champion who will never make another finals. I dont want another jjakji, I want soO to goddamn make it


I dunno. Gumiho has had some staying power. For most of his career he's at least been mid-tier and could always occasionally beat anyone just not consistently. This might be the beginning of him finally becoming a consistent top-tier player.

Always real hard for players that rely on particular strats and opponents inexperience to win to stay consistently on top, so i doubt it. Think its more likely hes a bit more consistent jjakji

Is this yet another shot taken lowkey at ForGG?
"Technically the dictionary has zero authority on the meaning or words" - Rodya
Durnuu
Profile Joined September 2013
13326 Posts
June 24 2017 10:24 GMT
#667
On June 24 2017 19:24 Ej_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2017 19:23 Aocowns wrote:
On June 24 2017 19:21 FrostedMiniWheats wrote:
On June 24 2017 19:19 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On June 24 2017 19:18 Charoisaur wrote:
On June 24 2017 19:16 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
I'm completely convinced anyone cheering for Gumiho is a heartless bastard. I don't get how anyone can watch soO lose again and not have their heart completely shredded to bits.

the Gumiho story (first GSL finals in 7 years of trying) is pretty cool too.

it's not 1/10 as cool as soO finally winning would be. I don't want another one off GSL champion who will never make another finals. I dont want another jjakji, I want soO to goddamn make it


I dunno. Gumiho has had some staying power. For most of his career he's at least been mid-tier and could always occasionally beat anyone just not consistently. This might be the beginning of him finally becoming a consistent top-tier player.

Always real hard for players that rely on particular strats and opponents inexperience to win to stay consistently on top, so i doubt it. Think its more likely hes a bit more consistent jjakji

Is this yet another shot taken lowkey at ForGG?

Careful, you're going to summon Aeromi
BUNNYYYYYYYYY https://i.imgur.com/BiCF577.png
Olli
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Austria24422 Posts
June 24 2017 10:24 GMT
#668
On June 24 2017 19:22 Vanadiel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2017 19:18 JackONeill wrote:
On June 24 2017 19:16 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
I'm completely convinced anyone cheering for Gumiho is a heartless bastard. I don't get how anyone can watch soO lose again and not have their heart completely shredded to bits.


Maybe because he's playing so stupidly?


What is a "smart" play against a 3 rax reapers opening?


Switch to Hearthstone
Administrator"Declaring anything a disaster because aLive popped up out of nowhere is just downright silly."
FrostedMiniWheats
Profile Joined August 2010
United States30730 Posts
June 24 2017 10:25 GMT
#669
CHOYAAAAA!
NesTea | Mvp | MC | Leenock | Losira | Gumiho | DRG | Taeja | Jinro | Stephano | Thorzain | Sen | Idra |Polt | Bomber | Symbol | Squirtle | Fantasy | Jaedong | Maru | sOs | Seed | ByuN | ByuL | Neeb| Scarlett | Rogue | IM forever
Liquid`Snute
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Norway839 Posts
June 24 2017 10:25 GMT
#670
On June 24 2017 19:23 Kaewins wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2017 19:19 lolfail9001 wrote:
On June 24 2017 19:18 Kaewins wrote:
Vs that reaper build, what was the correct play for the zerg to win btw?

Roach all-in of course.


No other way? I mean the terran can obviously transition just from that opening, there has to be a way for the zerg to do the same. Maybe just going into roach/hydra?

ling queen into 3rd hatch, more queens and lings for defense, then 1-1 roach ravager infestor into 2-2 roach ravager infestor into bl/ultra or simply winning the game on 2-2. pretty good on frost horizontal, but almost no kr players play rri. <_> except for dark on newkirk, who did amazingly with that rri comeback game vs the proxy rax bunker rush
Team Liquid
Aocowns
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Norway6070 Posts
June 24 2017 10:25 GMT
#671
On June 24 2017 19:24 Ej_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2017 19:23 Aocowns wrote:
On June 24 2017 19:21 FrostedMiniWheats wrote:
On June 24 2017 19:19 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On June 24 2017 19:18 Charoisaur wrote:
On June 24 2017 19:16 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
I'm completely convinced anyone cheering for Gumiho is a heartless bastard. I don't get how anyone can watch soO lose again and not have their heart completely shredded to bits.

the Gumiho story (first GSL finals in 7 years of trying) is pretty cool too.

it's not 1/10 as cool as soO finally winning would be. I don't want another one off GSL champion who will never make another finals. I dont want another jjakji, I want soO to goddamn make it


I dunno. Gumiho has had some staying power. For most of his career he's at least been mid-tier and could always occasionally beat anyone just not consistently. This might be the beginning of him finally becoming a consistent top-tier player.

Always real hard for players that rely on particular strats and opponents inexperience to win to stay consistently on top, so i doubt it. Think its more likely hes a bit more consistent jjakji

Is this yet another shot taken lowkey at ForGG?

Oh yes
I'm a salt-lord and hater of mech and ForGG, don't take me seriously, it's just my salt-humour speaking i swear. |KadaverBB best TL gaoler| |~IdrA's #1 fan~| SetGuitarsToKill and Duckk are my martyr heroes |
FrostedMiniWheats
Profile Joined August 2010
United States30730 Posts
June 24 2017 10:25 GMT
#672
Old school FoU bros
NesTea | Mvp | MC | Leenock | Losira | Gumiho | DRG | Taeja | Jinro | Stephano | Thorzain | Sen | Idra |Polt | Bomber | Symbol | Squirtle | Fantasy | Jaedong | Maru | sOs | Seed | ByuN | ByuL | Neeb| Scarlett | Rogue | IM forever
Fango
Profile Joined July 2016
United Kingdom8987 Posts
June 24 2017 10:26 GMT
#673
Both soO and Gumi confirmed to play better outside teamhouse enviroment?
Zest, sOs, PartinG, Dark, and Maru are the real champs. ROOT_herO is overrated. Snute, Serral, and Scarlett are the foreigner GOATs
Heartland
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Sweden24604 Posts
June 24 2017 10:26 GMT
#674
Is that Korean Mac?!
Ej_
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
47656 Posts
June 24 2017 10:27 GMT
#675
On June 24 2017 19:26 Heartland wrote:
Is that Korean Mac?!

"Dude, there's nothing more manly than competing with another manly man in a game of Starcraft."
"Technically the dictionary has zero authority on the meaning or words" - Rodya
FueledUpAndReadyToGo
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
Netherlands30548 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-06-24 10:27:47
June 24 2017 10:27 GMT
#676
I'll represent my best friend soO on tv so I'll wear my best sleaveless t-shirt.
Neosteel Enthusiast
Kaewins
Profile Joined April 2013
Bulgaria138 Posts
June 24 2017 10:27 GMT
#677
On June 24 2017 19:25 Liquid`Snute wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2017 19:23 Kaewins wrote:
On June 24 2017 19:19 lolfail9001 wrote:
On June 24 2017 19:18 Kaewins wrote:
Vs that reaper build, what was the correct play for the zerg to win btw?

Roach all-in of course.


No other way? I mean the terran can obviously transition just from that opening, there has to be a way for the zerg to do the same. Maybe just going into roach/hydra?

ling queen into 3rd hatch, more queens and lings for defense, then 1-1 roach ravager infestor into 2-2 roach ravager infestor into bl/ultra or simply winning the game on 2-2. pretty good on frost horizontal, but almost no kr players play rri. <_> except for dark on newkirk, who did amazingly with that rri comeback game vs the proxy rax bunker rush


I was just thinking that probably top EU zergs where roach/ravager is more prevalent would have fared much better than Soo in that game. It felt like he was going downhill since the beginning with only ling/bane.
Durnuu
Profile Joined September 2013
13326 Posts
June 24 2017 10:28 GMT
#678
This guy is probably an underground rapper or something
BUNNYYYYYYYYY https://i.imgur.com/BiCF577.png
Vanadiel
Profile Joined April 2012
France961 Posts
June 24 2017 10:28 GMT
#679
On June 24 2017 19:25 Liquid`Snute wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2017 19:23 Kaewins wrote:
On June 24 2017 19:19 lolfail9001 wrote:
On June 24 2017 19:18 Kaewins wrote:
Vs that reaper build, what was the correct play for the zerg to win btw?

Roach all-in of course.


No other way? I mean the terran can obviously transition just from that opening, there has to be a way for the zerg to do the same. Maybe just going into roach/hydra?

ling queen into 3rd hatch, more queens and lings for defense, then 1-1 roach ravager infestor into 2-2 roach ravager infestor into bl/ultra or simply winning the game on 2-2. pretty good on frost horizontal, but almost no kr players play rri. <_> except for dark on newkirk, who did amazingly with that rri comeback game vs the proxy rax bunker rush


Is close position Frost viable for roach ravager?
FrostedMiniWheats
Profile Joined August 2010
United States30730 Posts
June 24 2017 10:28 GMT
#680
That guy is cool
NesTea | Mvp | MC | Leenock | Losira | Gumiho | DRG | Taeja | Jinro | Stephano | Thorzain | Sen | Idra |Polt | Bomber | Symbol | Squirtle | Fantasy | Jaedong | Maru | sOs | Seed | ByuN | ByuL | Neeb| Scarlett | Rogue | IM forever
Prev 1 32 33 34 35 36 62 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft355
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta73
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft605
PiGStarcraft355
RuFF_SC2 195
StarCraft: Brood War
Stork 153
Horang2 113
Leta 93
Hyuk 47
Bale 14
PianO 13
Icarus 6
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm193
League of Legends
JimRising 641
Counter-Strike
taco 352
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox725
C9.Mang0280
Westballz29
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor660
Other Games
summit1g9921
Coldzera 814
Sick127
ViBE83
ArmadaUGS31
Liquid`Ken7
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick790
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream111
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 90
• Letter1410
• Adnapsc2 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota283
League of Legends
• Lourlo1130
• Stunt364
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
5h 28m
Online Event
6h 28m
FEL
11h 28m
AI Arena Tournament
12h 28m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
14h 28m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 5h
INu's Battles
1d 7h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 14h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 14h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.