• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:40
CEST 15:40
KST 22:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9424 users

[GSL Code S] Season 2 2017 Grand Finals! - Page 33

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 31 32 33 34 35 62 Next
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
June 24 2017 10:19 GMT
#641
On June 24 2017 19:18 sashkata wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2017 19:17 Musicus wrote:
On June 24 2017 19:16 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
I'm completely convinced anyone cheering for Gumiho is a heartless bastard. I don't get how anyone can watch soO lose again and not have their heart completely shredded to bits.

Those people play Terran man, of course they are heartless bastards.

Hey, I play terran too and watching these abusive terrans makes me hate terran.

There is still hope for you then, come join the swarm now!
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
blardoh
Profile Joined June 2017
20 Posts
June 24 2017 10:19 GMT
#642
On June 24 2017 19:16 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
I'm completely convinced anyone cheering for Gumiho is a heartless bastard. I don't get how anyone can watch soO lose again and not have their heart completely shredded to bits.


I'm should cheer for the race I hate the most simply because he keeps losing? No, i'm going to root for the race I play.
Ej_
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
47656 Posts
June 24 2017 10:19 GMT
#643
On June 24 2017 19:17 AzAlexZ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2017 19:16 Ej_ wrote:
On June 24 2017 19:16 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
I'm completely convinced anyone cheering for Gumiho is a heartless bastard. I don't get how anyone can watch soO lose again and not have their heart completely shredded to bits.

Oh, it's simple. He's a fucking noob.

so the other 31 players in this GSL are all noobs too

30 at best. GuMiho is good.
"Technically the dictionary has zero authority on the meaning or words" - Rodya
Heartland
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Sweden24604 Posts
June 24 2017 10:20 GMT
#644
On June 24 2017 19:18 Fango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2017 19:16 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
I'm completely convinced anyone cheering for Gumiho is a heartless bastard. I don't get how anyone can watch soO lose again and not have their heart completely shredded to bits.


I think soO is one of the GOATS. But I still want him to get 2nd. It's such a meme at this point and I love consistancy more than anything. I would be satisfied with him geting 2nd every season (as if he doesn't already)


I have just turned into a cynical person who laughs at others misery. My heart has been broken one too many times.
Charoisaur
Profile Joined August 2014
Germany16098 Posts
June 24 2017 10:20 GMT
#645
On June 24 2017 19:19 opisska wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2017 19:18 JoeCool wrote:
On June 24 2017 19:11 Heartland wrote:
On June 24 2017 19:10 JoeCool wrote:
Guess I'll just stop watching soO playing in finals, it's just not that much fun if you know the outcome beforehand.


so you don't rewatch your favorite movies because you know the ending?


That depends, if the movie is dependant on the end/twist/outcome I don't rewatch them. The Sixth Sense for example isn't nearly as good if you know the outcome.
Also I think that comparing finals of a sport to a movie isn't a good comparison, a lot of tension and fun is because you don't know what will happen next and who will come out on top. WIth soO playing finals, that's rarely the case.


With the amount of movies available, I really don't see a reason to watch anything more than once

99% of movies suck though
Many of the coolest moments in sc2 happen due to worker harassment
Inflicted
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Australia18228 Posts
June 24 2017 10:20 GMT
#646
On June 24 2017 19:19 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2017 19:18 Charoisaur wrote:
On June 24 2017 19:16 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
I'm completely convinced anyone cheering for Gumiho is a heartless bastard. I don't get how anyone can watch soO lose again and not have their heart completely shredded to bits.

the Gumiho story (first GSL finals in 7 years of trying) is pretty cool too.

it's not 1/10 as cool as soO finally winning would be. I don't want another one off GSL champion who will never make another finals. I dont want another jjakji, I want soO to goddamn make it


Don't worry, we're getting GuMiho vs soO against next season
Liquipedia"Expert"
DieuCure
Profile Joined January 2017
France3713 Posts
June 24 2017 10:20 GMT
#647
On June 24 2017 19:19 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2017 19:18 Charoisaur wrote:
On June 24 2017 19:16 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
I'm completely convinced anyone cheering for Gumiho is a heartless bastard. I don't get how anyone can watch soO lose again and not have their heart completely shredded to bits.

the Gumiho story (first GSL finals in 7 years of trying) is pretty cool too.

it's not 1/10 as cool as soO finally winning would be. I don't want another one off GSL champion who will never make another finals. I dont want another jjakji, I want soO to goddamn make it


And next season he will lose to Cure
TL+ Member
lolfail9001
Profile Joined August 2013
Russian Federation40190 Posts
June 24 2017 10:20 GMT
#648
On June 24 2017 19:19 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2017 19:18 Charoisaur wrote:
On June 24 2017 19:16 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
I'm completely convinced anyone cheering for Gumiho is a heartless bastard. I don't get how anyone can watch soO lose again and not have their heart completely shredded to bits.

the Gumiho story (first GSL finals in 7 years of trying) is pretty cool too.

it's not 1/10 as cool as soO finally winning would be. I don't want another one off GSL champion who will never make another finals. I dont want another jjakji, I want soO to goddamn make it

But do you think soO will ever make another finals if he wins this one?
DeMoN pulls off a Miracle and Flies to the Moon
FueledUpAndReadyToGo
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
Netherlands30548 Posts
June 24 2017 10:20 GMT
#649
I mean after his 5th finals I just went with the jokes instead of the feels
Neosteel Enthusiast
FrostedMiniWheats
Profile Joined August 2010
United States30730 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-06-24 10:21:45
June 24 2017 10:21 GMT
#650
On June 24 2017 19:19 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2017 19:18 Charoisaur wrote:
On June 24 2017 19:16 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
I'm completely convinced anyone cheering for Gumiho is a heartless bastard. I don't get how anyone can watch soO lose again and not have their heart completely shredded to bits.

the Gumiho story (first GSL finals in 7 years of trying) is pretty cool too.

it's not 1/10 as cool as soO finally winning would be. I don't want another one off GSL champion who will never make another finals. I dont want another jjakji, I want soO to goddamn make it


I dunno. Gumiho has had some staying power. For most of his career he's at least been mid-tier and could always occasionally beat anyone just not consistently. This might be the beginning of him finally becoming a consistent top-tier player.
NesTea | Mvp | MC | Leenock | Losira | Gumiho | DRG | Taeja | Jinro | Stephano | Thorzain | Sen | Idra |Polt | Bomber | Symbol | Squirtle | Fantasy | Jaedong | Maru | sOs | Seed | ByuN | ByuL | Neeb| Scarlett | Rogue | IM forever
JoeCool
Profile Joined January 2012
Germany2520 Posts
June 24 2017 10:21 GMT
#651
On June 24 2017 19:19 opisska wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2017 19:18 JoeCool wrote:
On June 24 2017 19:11 Heartland wrote:
On June 24 2017 19:10 JoeCool wrote:
Guess I'll just stop watching soO playing in finals, it's just not that much fun if you know the outcome beforehand.


so you don't rewatch your favorite movies because you know the ending?


That depends, if the movie is dependant on the end/twist/outcome I don't rewatch them. The Sixth Sense for example isn't nearly as good if you know the outcome.
Also I think that comparing finals of a sport to a movie isn't a good comparison, a lot of tension and fun is because you don't know what will happen next and who will come out on top. WIth soO playing finals, that's rarely the case.


With the amount of movies available, I really don't see a reason to watch anything more than once


Yeah but there are some exceptions like Snatch. Watched that movie at least 12 times, still makes me rofl everytime.
JackONeill
Profile Joined September 2013
861 Posts
June 24 2017 10:21 GMT
#652
On June 24 2017 19:19 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2017 19:18 Charoisaur wrote:
On June 24 2017 19:16 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
I'm completely convinced anyone cheering for Gumiho is a heartless bastard. I don't get how anyone can watch soO lose again and not have their heart completely shredded to bits.

the Gumiho story (first GSL finals in 7 years of trying) is pretty cool too.

it's not 1/10 as cool as soO finally winning would be. I don't want another one off GSL champion who will never make another finals. I dont want another jjakji, I want soO to goddamn make it


I don't give a shit about who wins i'd just like to see somewhat close and entertaining games and not a facestomp
Fango
Profile Joined July 2016
United Kingdom8987 Posts
June 24 2017 10:21 GMT
#653
On June 24 2017 19:19 blardoh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2017 19:16 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
I'm completely convinced anyone cheering for Gumiho is a heartless bastard. I don't get how anyone can watch soO lose again and not have their heart completely shredded to bits.


I'm should cheer for the race I hate the most simply because he keeps losing? No, i'm going to root for the race I play.


the meta is to cheer for your own race to lose. that way you can blame stuff on balance and feel like you play better than you do
Zest, sOs, PartinG, Dark, and Maru are the real champs. ROOT_herO is overrated. Snute, Serral, and Scarlett are the foreigner GOATs
Inflicted
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Australia18228 Posts
June 24 2017 10:21 GMT
#654
GuMiho already showed mercy and gave soO some leftover builds in Olimoleague
Liquipedia"Expert"
[sc1f]eonzerg
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Belgium7088 Posts
June 24 2017 10:22 GMT
#655
I dont feel bad,the guy is a god reaching 6 gsl finals,where are his oponents? he cant win a single one oh well too bad,but he is the greatest for sure.
Fango
Profile Joined July 2016
United Kingdom8987 Posts
June 24 2017 10:22 GMT
#656
On June 24 2017 19:21 JackONeill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2017 19:19 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On June 24 2017 19:18 Charoisaur wrote:
On June 24 2017 19:16 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
I'm completely convinced anyone cheering for Gumiho is a heartless bastard. I don't get how anyone can watch soO lose again and not have their heart completely shredded to bits.

the Gumiho story (first GSL finals in 7 years of trying) is pretty cool too.

it's not 1/10 as cool as soO finally winning would be. I don't want another one off GSL champion who will never make another finals. I dont want another jjakji, I want soO to goddamn make it


I don't give a shit about who wins i'd just like to see somewhat close and entertaining games and not a facestomp


I just want the top 8 koreans at blizzcon to be unstoppable. I don't mind gumi winning if he maintains form unitl then.
Zest, sOs, PartinG, Dark, and Maru are the real champs. ROOT_herO is overrated. Snute, Serral, and Scarlett are the foreigner GOATs
xenonn40
Profile Joined October 2011
United States282 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-06-24 10:23:00
June 24 2017 10:22 GMT
#657
On June 24 2017 19:21 JackONeill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2017 19:19 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On June 24 2017 19:18 Charoisaur wrote:
On June 24 2017 19:16 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
I'm completely convinced anyone cheering for Gumiho is a heartless bastard. I don't get how anyone can watch soO lose again and not have their heart completely shredded to bits.

the Gumiho story (first GSL finals in 7 years of trying) is pretty cool too.

it's not 1/10 as cool as soO finally winning would be. I don't want another one off GSL champion who will never make another finals. I dont want another jjakji, I want soO to goddamn make it


I don't give a shit about who wins i'd just like to see somewhat close and entertaining games and not a facestomp


Game 1 was not a stomp, and game two was very entertaining, despite being a stomp.
Vanadiel
Profile Joined April 2012
France961 Posts
June 24 2017 10:22 GMT
#658
On June 24 2017 19:18 JackONeill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2017 19:16 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
I'm completely convinced anyone cheering for Gumiho is a heartless bastard. I don't get how anyone can watch soO lose again and not have their heart completely shredded to bits.


Maybe because he's playing so stupidly?


What is a "smart" play against a 3 rax reapers opening?
SetGuitarsToKill
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
Canada28396 Posts
June 24 2017 10:22 GMT
#659
On June 24 2017 19:20 lolfail9001 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2017 19:19 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On June 24 2017 19:18 Charoisaur wrote:
On June 24 2017 19:16 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
I'm completely convinced anyone cheering for Gumiho is a heartless bastard. I don't get how anyone can watch soO lose again and not have their heart completely shredded to bits.

the Gumiho story (first GSL finals in 7 years of trying) is pretty cool too.

it's not 1/10 as cool as soO finally winning would be. I don't want another one off GSL champion who will never make another finals. I dont want another jjakji, I want soO to goddamn make it

But do you think soO will ever make another finals if he wins this one?

He could. If soO could just win finals which he has the skill to do he'd universally be considered the greatest player of all time and seeing this tragedy happen again and again is fucking depressing
Community News"As long as you have a warp prism you can't be bad at harassment" - Maru | @SetGuitars2Kill
Ej_
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
47656 Posts
June 24 2017 10:22 GMT
#660
On June 24 2017 19:21 JoeCool wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2017 19:19 opisska wrote:
On June 24 2017 19:18 JoeCool wrote:
On June 24 2017 19:11 Heartland wrote:
On June 24 2017 19:10 JoeCool wrote:
Guess I'll just stop watching soO playing in finals, it's just not that much fun if you know the outcome beforehand.


so you don't rewatch your favorite movies because you know the ending?


That depends, if the movie is dependant on the end/twist/outcome I don't rewatch them. The Sixth Sense for example isn't nearly as good if you know the outcome.
Also I think that comparing finals of a sport to a movie isn't a good comparison, a lot of tension and fun is because you don't know what will happen next and who will come out on top. WIth soO playing finals, that's rarely the case.


With the amount of movies available, I really don't see a reason to watch anything more than once


Yeah but there are some exceptions like Snatch. Watched that movie at least 12 times, still makes me rofl everytime.

I prefer Lock, Stock and 2 Smoking Barrels personally.
"Technically the dictionary has zero authority on the meaning or words" - Rodya
Prev 1 31 32 33 34 35 62 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 619
ComeBackTV 465
SteadfastSC338
TaKeTV 256
Rex94
IndyStarCraft 52
EnkiAlexander 33
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 338
ProTech138
Rex 94
IndyStarCraft 52
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 44289
Bisu 2364
Horang2 1364
Shuttle 882
EffOrt 783
Hyuk 593
BeSt 553
Soma 509
Mini 387
Light 377
[ Show more ]
Larva 316
Rush 219
ZerO 198
Mong 93
Leta 88
Snow 75
Pusan 55
ToSsGirL 51
Mind 45
Sexy 43
JYJ 34
Aegong 29
Bale 22
sorry 20
Terrorterran 19
Noble 11
Icarus 9
Rock 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Dota 2
Gorgc6417
Counter-Strike
Fnx 768
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1529
Khaldor1016
Lowko437
Other Games
gofns39209
singsing1995
olofmeister1413
Beastyqt462
hiko452
B2W.Neo431
Livibee210
XaKoH 204
Liquid`VortiX123
Hui .90
Mew2King70
djWHEAT67
ArmadaUGS54
QueenE15
ZerO(Twitch)13
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV173
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream121
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 13
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 27
• FirePhoenix8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2084
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 20m
CranKy Ducklings
20h 20m
Online Event
21h 20m
FEL
1d 2h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 3h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 5h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 20h
INu's Battles
1d 22h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.