• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:21
CEST 03:21
KST 10:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7817 users

[WCS] Spring Championships 2016 - Page 203

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 201 202 203 204 205 259 Next
BaneRiders
Profile Joined August 2013
Sweden3630 Posts
May 15 2016 21:17 GMT
#4041
On May 16 2016 06:15 Elentos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 16 2016 06:14 IntoTheheart wrote:
On May 16 2016 06:13 Makro wrote:
holy heck polt already at 4k + points just checking

Do points even matter to him though? He's the champion of S1. Even if it wasn't a guaranteed qualification for last season's champion, he's still practically impossible to push out of the top 8 in WCS.

I think what the points do for him is that they help him avoid super tough Korean draws for Blizzcon. E.g. since he's first in Circuit he doesn't have to deal with Zest.


True, some seeding is in it. But will points compare over the regions though? Did someone read the rules that closely?
Earth, Water, Air and Protoss!
Diabolique
Profile Joined June 2015
Czech Republic5118 Posts
May 15 2016 21:17 GMT
#4042
Nice semifinals. Two Europeans, two Koreans. Well done :-)
sOs | Rogue | Maru | Trap | Scarlett | Snute | MC
KingofdaHipHop
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
United States25602 Posts
May 15 2016 21:18 GMT
#4043
On May 16 2016 06:16 IntoTheheart wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 16 2016 06:16 Makro wrote:
On May 16 2016 06:14 IntoTheheart wrote:
On May 16 2016 06:13 Makro wrote:
holy heck polt already at 4k + points just checking

Do points even matter to him though? He's the champion of S1. Even if it wasn't a guaranteed qualification for last season's champion, he's still practically impossible to push out of the top 8 in WCS.

yea right now it doesn't matter, but still that's impressive

Yeah, holy cow. So far the most successful player in the WCS circuit, by far.

more like has been the most successful player in WCS no matter what it's format for the past 4 years
Rain | herO | sOs | Dear | Neeb | ByuN | INnoVation | Dream | ForGG | Maru | ByuL | Golden | Solar | Soulkey | Scarlett!!!
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
May 15 2016 21:18 GMT
#4044
On May 16 2016 06:17 BaneRiders wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 16 2016 06:15 Elentos wrote:
On May 16 2016 06:14 IntoTheheart wrote:
On May 16 2016 06:13 Makro wrote:
holy heck polt already at 4k + points just checking

Do points even matter to him though? He's the champion of S1. Even if it wasn't a guaranteed qualification for last season's champion, he's still practically impossible to push out of the top 8 in WCS.

I think what the points do for him is that they help him avoid super tough Korean draws for Blizzcon. E.g. since he's first in Circuit he doesn't have to deal with Zest.


True, some seeding is in it. But will points compare over the regions though? Did someone read the rules that closely?

I think the seeding is done separately for Circuit and WCS KR.
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
May 15 2016 21:19 GMT
#4045
I want Polt vs ShoWTimE finals for the sole purpose of making jokes about Captain America beating up Germans tbh.
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
KingofdaHipHop
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
United States25602 Posts
May 15 2016 21:19 GMT
#4046
On May 16 2016 06:18 Elentos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 16 2016 06:17 BaneRiders wrote:
On May 16 2016 06:15 Elentos wrote:
On May 16 2016 06:14 IntoTheheart wrote:
On May 16 2016 06:13 Makro wrote:
holy heck polt already at 4k + points just checking

Do points even matter to him though? He's the champion of S1. Even if it wasn't a guaranteed qualification for last season's champion, he's still practically impossible to push out of the top 8 in WCS.

I think what the points do for him is that they help him avoid super tough Korean draws for Blizzcon. E.g. since he's first in Circuit he doesn't have to deal with Zest.


True, some seeding is in it. But will points compare over the regions though? Did someone read the rules that closely?

I think the seeding is done separately for Circuit and WCS KR.

its group stages right? with two KR two WCS? So I guess WCS 1 v KR 8 and KR 4 v WCS 5 or something like that? it'd be cool to know it exactly, it was so much more straightforward in the past
Rain | herO | sOs | Dear | Neeb | ByuN | INnoVation | Dream | ForGG | Maru | ByuL | Golden | Solar | Soulkey | Scarlett!!!
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
May 15 2016 21:20 GMT
#4047
On May 16 2016 06:19 Elentos wrote:
I want Polt vs ShoWTimE finals for the sole purpose of making jokes about Captain America beating up Germans tbh.

I want MaSa vs. Polt.

CANADA vs. CAPTAIN AMERICA.

PESO vs. FREEDOMDOLLAR

etc etc
kiss kiss fall in love
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-05-15 21:21:58
May 15 2016 21:21 GMT
#4048
On May 16 2016 06:20 IntoTheheart wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 16 2016 06:19 Elentos wrote:
I want Polt vs ShoWTimE finals for the sole purpose of making jokes about Captain America beating up Germans tbh.

I want MaSa vs. Polt.

CANADA vs. CAPTAIN AMERICA.

PESO vs. FREEDOMDOLLAR

etc etc

only sad thing is that would be a mirror, but I guess TvT is OK. I'd prefer Nerchio vs MaSa, those guys have impressed in LotV and made a lot of progress, this would be a nice reward and I want to see both of them vs Koreans in Blizzcon.
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
May 15 2016 21:21 GMT
#4049
On May 16 2016 06:21 [PkF] Wire wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 16 2016 06:20 IntoTheheart wrote:
On May 16 2016 06:19 Elentos wrote:
I want Polt vs ShoWTimE finals for the sole purpose of making jokes about Captain America beating up Germans tbh.

I want MaSa vs. Polt.

CANADA vs. CAPTAIN AMERICA.

PESO vs. FREEDOMDOLLAR

etc etc

only sad thing is that would be a mirror, but I guess TvT is OK

At least LotV is pretty fast, so we won't have to see too much of it.
kiss kiss fall in love
Alchemik
Profile Joined March 2014
Poland7124 Posts
May 15 2016 21:22 GMT
#4050
On May 16 2016 06:21 [PkF] Wire wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 16 2016 06:20 IntoTheheart wrote:
On May 16 2016 06:19 Elentos wrote:
I want Polt vs ShoWTimE finals for the sole purpose of making jokes about Captain America beating up Germans tbh.

I want MaSa vs. Polt.

CANADA vs. CAPTAIN AMERICA.

PESO vs. FREEDOMDOLLAR

etc etc

only sad thing is that would be a mirror, but I guess TvT is OK. I'd prefer Nerchio vs MaSa, those guys have impressed in LotV and made a lot of progress, this would be a nice reward and I want to see both of them vs Koreans in Blizzcon.

is TvT okay now? not the worst match-up anymore?
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
May 15 2016 21:23 GMT
#4051
On May 16 2016 06:21 [PkF] Wire wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 16 2016 06:20 IntoTheheart wrote:
On May 16 2016 06:19 Elentos wrote:
I want Polt vs ShoWTimE finals for the sole purpose of making jokes about Captain America beating up Germans tbh.

I want MaSa vs. Polt.

CANADA vs. CAPTAIN AMERICA.

PESO vs. FREEDOMDOLLAR

etc etc

only sad thing is that would be a mirror, but I guess TvT is OK

Well frankly I don't really think MaSa would do too well against Polt. I think all other combinations are probably better matches.
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
May 15 2016 21:23 GMT
#4052
I mean, this does assume that Polt beats Nerchio. Just gonna throw that out there.
kiss kiss fall in love
BaneRiders
Profile Joined August 2013
Sweden3630 Posts
May 15 2016 21:23 GMT
#4053
On May 16 2016 06:22 Alchemik wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 16 2016 06:21 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On May 16 2016 06:20 IntoTheheart wrote:
On May 16 2016 06:19 Elentos wrote:
I want Polt vs ShoWTimE finals for the sole purpose of making jokes about Captain America beating up Germans tbh.

I want MaSa vs. Polt.

CANADA vs. CAPTAIN AMERICA.

PESO vs. FREEDOMDOLLAR

etc etc

only sad thing is that would be a mirror, but I guess TvT is OK. I'd prefer Nerchio vs MaSa, those guys have impressed in LotV and made a lot of progress, this would be a nice reward and I want to see both of them vs Koreans in Blizzcon.

is TvT okay now? not the worst match-up anymore?


A bit tank-droppy perhaps
Earth, Water, Air and Protoss!
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
May 15 2016 21:23 GMT
#4054
On May 16 2016 06:22 Alchemik wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 16 2016 06:21 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On May 16 2016 06:20 IntoTheheart wrote:
On May 16 2016 06:19 Elentos wrote:
I want Polt vs ShoWTimE finals for the sole purpose of making jokes about Captain America beating up Germans tbh.

I want MaSa vs. Polt.

CANADA vs. CAPTAIN AMERICA.

PESO vs. FREEDOMDOLLAR

etc etc

only sad thing is that would be a mirror, but I guess TvT is OK. I'd prefer Nerchio vs MaSa, those guys have impressed in LotV and made a lot of progress, this would be a nice reward and I want to see both of them vs Koreans in Blizzcon.

is TvT okay now? not the worst match-up anymore?

TvT is tolerable, there can be a lot of sick plays but the games can be over pretty fast too. ZvZ is actually pretty good past the early game, I find PvP amazing but maybe that's a P thing.
KingofdaHipHop
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
United States25602 Posts
May 15 2016 21:23 GMT
#4055
On May 16 2016 06:22 Alchemik wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 16 2016 06:21 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On May 16 2016 06:20 IntoTheheart wrote:
On May 16 2016 06:19 Elentos wrote:
I want Polt vs ShoWTimE finals for the sole purpose of making jokes about Captain America beating up Germans tbh.

I want MaSa vs. Polt.

CANADA vs. CAPTAIN AMERICA.

PESO vs. FREEDOMDOLLAR

etc etc

only sad thing is that would be a mirror, but I guess TvT is OK. I'd prefer Nerchio vs MaSa, those guys have impressed in LotV and made a lot of progress, this would be a nice reward and I want to see both of them vs Koreans in Blizzcon.

is TvT okay now? not the worst match-up anymore?

i haven't seen much of it lately, but I didn't like it as much as the beginning of Legacy, so idk. I really enjoyed the ZvZs today cause they were really diverse and complex, but i've always liked zvz so who knows
Rain | herO | sOs | Dear | Neeb | ByuN | INnoVation | Dream | ForGG | Maru | ByuL | Golden | Solar | Soulkey | Scarlett!!!
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
May 15 2016 21:24 GMT
#4056
On May 16 2016 06:22 Alchemik wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 16 2016 06:21 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On May 16 2016 06:20 IntoTheheart wrote:
On May 16 2016 06:19 Elentos wrote:
I want Polt vs ShoWTimE finals for the sole purpose of making jokes about Captain America beating up Germans tbh.

I want MaSa vs. Polt.

CANADA vs. CAPTAIN AMERICA.

PESO vs. FREEDOMDOLLAR

etc etc

only sad thing is that would be a mirror, but I guess TvT is OK. I'd prefer Nerchio vs MaSa, those guys have impressed in LotV and made a lot of progress, this would be a nice reward and I want to see both of them vs Koreans in Blizzcon.

is TvT okay now? not the worst match-up anymore?

I don't remember why you thought it was the worst match-up anymore ._.
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
Alchemik
Profile Joined March 2014
Poland7124 Posts
May 15 2016 21:24 GMT
#4057
On May 16 2016 06:23 [PkF] Wire wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 16 2016 06:22 Alchemik wrote:
On May 16 2016 06:21 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On May 16 2016 06:20 IntoTheheart wrote:
On May 16 2016 06:19 Elentos wrote:
I want Polt vs ShoWTimE finals for the sole purpose of making jokes about Captain America beating up Germans tbh.

I want MaSa vs. Polt.

CANADA vs. CAPTAIN AMERICA.

PESO vs. FREEDOMDOLLAR

etc etc

only sad thing is that would be a mirror, but I guess TvT is OK. I'd prefer Nerchio vs MaSa, those guys have impressed in LotV and made a lot of progress, this would be a nice reward and I want to see both of them vs Koreans in Blizzcon.

is TvT okay now? not the worst match-up anymore?

TvT is tolerable, there can be a lot of sick plays but the games can be over pretty fast too. ZvZ is actually pretty good past the early game, I find PvP amazing but maybe that's a P thing.

so what you're saying is TvT's the worst mirror match-up, suprising precisely noone
BaneRiders
Profile Joined August 2013
Sweden3630 Posts
May 15 2016 21:24 GMT
#4058
I'd like to see King Arthur make it to the final. Regardless of who he meets it will be plenty of fun to watch, but the pressure will be on the zerg I feel.
Earth, Water, Air and Protoss!
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
May 15 2016 21:25 GMT
#4059
On May 16 2016 06:24 BaneRiders wrote:
I'd like to see King Arthur make it to the final. Regardless of who he meets it will be plenty of fun to watch, but the pressure will be on the zerg I feel.

I think Nerchio vs ShoWTimE could be another epic episode of Game of Throws.
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
May 15 2016 21:25 GMT
#4060
On May 16 2016 06:24 Alchemik wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 16 2016 06:23 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On May 16 2016 06:22 Alchemik wrote:
On May 16 2016 06:21 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On May 16 2016 06:20 IntoTheheart wrote:
On May 16 2016 06:19 Elentos wrote:
I want Polt vs ShoWTimE finals for the sole purpose of making jokes about Captain America beating up Germans tbh.

I want MaSa vs. Polt.

CANADA vs. CAPTAIN AMERICA.

PESO vs. FREEDOMDOLLAR

etc etc

only sad thing is that would be a mirror, but I guess TvT is OK. I'd prefer Nerchio vs MaSa, those guys have impressed in LotV and made a lot of progress, this would be a nice reward and I want to see both of them vs Koreans in Blizzcon.

is TvT okay now? not the worst match-up anymore?

TvT is tolerable, there can be a lot of sick plays but the games can be over pretty fast too. ZvZ is actually pretty good past the early game, I find PvP amazing but maybe that's a P thing.

so what you're saying is TvT's the worst mirror match-up, suprising precisely noone

I said this is tolerable. Actually mirrors are pretty ok in LotV.
Prev 1 201 202 203 204 205 259 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 39m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech123
Nathanias 88
RuFF_SC2 74
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15605
Rain 1585
GuemChi 894
Artosis 678
Bale 14
Dota 2
monkeys_forever479
NeuroSwarm189
Counter-Strike
taco 244
minikerr32
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox898
Mew2King68
Other Games
summit1g7173
JimRising 499
WinterStarcraft469
C9.Mang0169
ViBE124
Trikslyr55
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick772
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream52
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 112
• davetesta22
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Stunt116
Other Games
• Scarra580
• Shiphtur388
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
8h 39m
INu's Battles
9h 39m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
11h 39m
OSC
20h 54m
Replay Cast
21h 39m
OSC
1d 21h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.