• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:55
CEST 19:55
KST 02:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8877 users

[ASUS ROG] Winter Group Stages - Page 102

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 100 101 102 103 104 118 Next
What's on? Check the STREAM GUIDE
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
January 31 2014 22:15 GMT
#2021
On February 01 2014 07:13 NovaMB wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2014 07:12 Darkhoarse wrote:
On February 01 2014 07:11 ThePlagueJG wrote:
On February 01 2014 07:10 TimENT wrote:
On February 01 2014 07:09 The_Templar wrote:
this is where I turn off the stream I guess :\



Yup. I'm never going to watch a non Terran matchup again in my life. Haven't for a year tbh


Apoc played very well

That train is going to be derailed pretty hard against Dear I feel.

He won 4 series against Protoss. 3-2 vs. elfi twice, 3-2 vs. patience and 3-2 vs. Welmu. I'll be shocked if he wins against Dear

He lost against elfi 3-2 one of those times, and beat another protoss 3-0 (Gungfubanda)
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
NovaMB
Profile Joined February 2013
Germany9534 Posts
January 31 2014 22:15 GMT
#2022
On February 01 2014 07:14 Nebuchad wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2014 07:13 NovaMB wrote:
On February 01 2014 07:12 Darkhoarse wrote:
On February 01 2014 07:11 ThePlagueJG wrote:
On February 01 2014 07:10 TimENT wrote:
On February 01 2014 07:09 The_Templar wrote:
this is where I turn off the stream I guess :\



Yup. I'm never going to watch a non Terran matchup again in my life. Haven't for a year tbh


Apoc played very well

That train is going to be derailed pretty hard against Dear I feel.

He won 4 series against Protoss. 3-2 vs. elfi twice, 3-2 vs. patience and 3-2 vs. Welmu. I'll be shocked if he wins against Dear


He lost the first time vs elfi

True, and he beat Gungfubanda 3-0. Its been a long day.
aZealot
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
New Zealand5447 Posts
January 31 2014 22:15 GMT
#2023
On February 01 2014 07:14 Wombat_NI wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2014 07:11 Qwerty85 wrote:
On February 01 2014 07:09 Darkhoarse wrote:
On February 01 2014 07:08 Qwerty85 wrote:
On February 01 2014 07:05 Darkhoarse wrote:
On February 01 2014 07:04 Wombat_NI wrote:
I'm starting to really consider elevating forGG to the same level of manliness as Polt.

No.

Polt won a GSL tournament in Korea then left Korea to get an education. ForGG said, "lel GSL is easy I can win the first one after I switch to SC2" then stalled in a couple ro16's and fled to Europe with his tail between his legs. True story.


I think he was talking about "I dont care about colossus or storm I will play my style and be in your face all the time until one of us dies".

And that is manly.

I don't build ghosts in TvP because I am just that manly, plus you have to micro ghosts which is stupid.


Well he explained it by saying that teching to ghosts puts him on the defensive which is true. Protoss will have storm out faster than terran can have ghosts because you need a healthy medivac count first. With his style he can pressure protoss all the time.

If San hadn't adapted with phoenixes to stop drops, ForGG would win much easier I feel.

That's why that series was pretty cool. ForGG very aggressive, and San adapting and showing some pretty cool decisions.

San's one of the smartest Protoss players out there IMO, always cool to see what he comes up with.


Indeed. It was a very good series of PvT.
KT best KT ~ 2014
AlternativeEgo
Profile Joined August 2011
Sweden17309 Posts
January 31 2014 22:16 GMT
#2024
On February 01 2014 07:14 Darkhoarse wrote:
Four of five of Apocalypse's series have gone 3-2. Five out of five of his series were against Protoss.


That is a very interesting fact
Mark Munoz looks like Gretorp
Ammanas
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Slovakia2166 Posts
January 31 2014 22:16 GMT
#2025
On February 01 2014 07:15 Aeromi wrote:
(T)ForGG vs (Z)Jaedong in RO8.

or Solar. Solar plz win :>
JangBi forever <3 || Classic! herO! Rain! Zest! | Rogue! Hydra! Solar! | Fantasy! Cure! Reality! Sorry! Journey!
DJHelium
Profile Joined December 2010
Sweden13480 Posts
January 31 2014 22:16 GMT
#2026
On February 01 2014 07:14 Wombat_NI wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2014 07:11 Qwerty85 wrote:
On February 01 2014 07:09 Darkhoarse wrote:
On February 01 2014 07:08 Qwerty85 wrote:
On February 01 2014 07:05 Darkhoarse wrote:
On February 01 2014 07:04 Wombat_NI wrote:
I'm starting to really consider elevating forGG to the same level of manliness as Polt.

No.

Polt won a GSL tournament in Korea then left Korea to get an education. ForGG said, "lel GSL is easy I can win the first one after I switch to SC2" then stalled in a couple ro16's and fled to Europe with his tail between his legs. True story.


I think he was talking about "I dont care about colossus or storm I will play my style and be in your face all the time until one of us dies".

And that is manly.

I don't build ghosts in TvP because I am just that manly, plus you have to micro ghosts which is stupid.


Well he explained it by saying that teching to ghosts puts him on the defensive which is true. Protoss will have storm out faster than terran can have ghosts because you need a healthy medivac count first. With his style he can pressure protoss all the time.

If San hadn't adapted with phoenixes to stop drops, ForGG would win much easier I feel.

That's why that series was pretty cool. ForGG very aggressive, and San adapting and showing some pretty cool decisions.

San's one of the smartest Protoss players out there IMO, always cool to see what he comes up with.


Even during the time where San wasn't relevant in tournaments (2011-2012?), he got mentioned a ton in interviews as a player who came up with build orders for other players. So I agree, maybe smartest player out there BO creation wise!
#1 player in the world atm: J-god | Follow me on twitter! @DJHelium
Tamagoshi
Profile Joined September 2012
Brazil981 Posts
January 31 2014 22:16 GMT
#2027
On February 01 2014 07:14 Darkhoarse wrote:
Four of five of Apocalypse's series have gone 3-2. Five out of five of his series were against Protoss.

Maybe he is barely winning to not make DK thinks terran is op
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-31 22:18:00
January 31 2014 22:17 GMT
#2028
So Jaedong/Solar vs. ForGG
Apoc vs. Dear
Life vs. San/Snute
Stardust vs. Welmu/Patience

Given the starting racial (and skill distribution) having 2 terrans in the ro8 isn't bad at all!

EDIT: Oops thought JD vs Solar was over.
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
ArTiFaKs
Profile Joined September 2013
United States1229 Posts
January 31 2014 22:17 GMT
#2029
On February 01 2014 07:16 DJHelium wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2014 07:14 Wombat_NI wrote:
On February 01 2014 07:11 Qwerty85 wrote:
On February 01 2014 07:09 Darkhoarse wrote:
On February 01 2014 07:08 Qwerty85 wrote:
On February 01 2014 07:05 Darkhoarse wrote:
On February 01 2014 07:04 Wombat_NI wrote:
I'm starting to really consider elevating forGG to the same level of manliness as Polt.

No.

Polt won a GSL tournament in Korea then left Korea to get an education. ForGG said, "lel GSL is easy I can win the first one after I switch to SC2" then stalled in a couple ro16's and fled to Europe with his tail between his legs. True story.


I think he was talking about "I dont care about colossus or storm I will play my style and be in your face all the time until one of us dies".

And that is manly.

I don't build ghosts in TvP because I am just that manly, plus you have to micro ghosts which is stupid.


Well he explained it by saying that teching to ghosts puts him on the defensive which is true. Protoss will have storm out faster than terran can have ghosts because you need a healthy medivac count first. With his style he can pressure protoss all the time.

If San hadn't adapted with phoenixes to stop drops, ForGG would win much easier I feel.

That's why that series was pretty cool. ForGG very aggressive, and San adapting and showing some pretty cool decisions.

San's one of the smartest Protoss players out there IMO, always cool to see what he comes up with.


Even during the time where San wasn't relevant in tournaments (2011-2012?), he got mentioned a ton in interviews as a player who came up with build orders for other players. So I agree, maybe smartest player out there BO creation wise!


Besides sOs of course.
There are things known, and things unknown, and in-between are the doors.
Yhamm
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
France7248 Posts
January 31 2014 22:18 GMT
#2030
(Z)Jaedong 3-0 (Z)Solar ?
LiquipediaWe will have only each other at the last
NovaMB
Profile Joined February 2013
Germany9534 Posts
January 31 2014 22:18 GMT
#2031
Isnt (Z)Jaedong 2-1 (Z)Solar?
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
January 31 2014 22:18 GMT
#2032
On February 01 2014 07:17 Darkhoarse wrote:
So Jaedong vs. ForGG
Apoc vs. Dear
Life vs. San/Snute
Stardust vs. Welmu/Patience

Given the starting racial (and skill distribution) having 2 terrans in the ro8 isn't bad at all!


Don't jinx it man, Solar could still win. Gooo Jaedong!
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
Aeromi
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
France14463 Posts
January 31 2014 22:18 GMT
#2033
My bad, the french caster said that JD goes to RO8.
https://twitter.com/DrAeromi | Updates on live tournaments: @StarCrafteSport
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
January 31 2014 22:18 GMT
#2034
On February 01 2014 07:18 NovaMB wrote:
Isnt (Z)Jaedong 2-1 (Z)Solar?


it is, watching all the games
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
DJHelium
Profile Joined December 2010
Sweden13480 Posts
January 31 2014 22:18 GMT
#2035
On February 01 2014 07:17 ArTiFaKs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2014 07:16 DJHelium wrote:
On February 01 2014 07:14 Wombat_NI wrote:
On February 01 2014 07:11 Qwerty85 wrote:
On February 01 2014 07:09 Darkhoarse wrote:
On February 01 2014 07:08 Qwerty85 wrote:
On February 01 2014 07:05 Darkhoarse wrote:
On February 01 2014 07:04 Wombat_NI wrote:
I'm starting to really consider elevating forGG to the same level of manliness as Polt.

No.

Polt won a GSL tournament in Korea then left Korea to get an education. ForGG said, "lel GSL is easy I can win the first one after I switch to SC2" then stalled in a couple ro16's and fled to Europe with his tail between his legs. True story.


I think he was talking about "I dont care about colossus or storm I will play my style and be in your face all the time until one of us dies".

And that is manly.

I don't build ghosts in TvP because I am just that manly, plus you have to micro ghosts which is stupid.


Well he explained it by saying that teching to ghosts puts him on the defensive which is true. Protoss will have storm out faster than terran can have ghosts because you need a healthy medivac count first. With his style he can pressure protoss all the time.

If San hadn't adapted with phoenixes to stop drops, ForGG would win much easier I feel.

That's why that series was pretty cool. ForGG very aggressive, and San adapting and showing some pretty cool decisions.

San's one of the smartest Protoss players out there IMO, always cool to see what he comes up with.


Even during the time where San wasn't relevant in tournaments (2011-2012?), he got mentioned a ton in interviews as a player who came up with build orders for other players. So I agree, maybe smartest player out there BO creation wise!


Besides sOs of course.


Blizzcon casting jokes aside, sOs was the player with the best builds in the beginning of HotS.

And I'm not sure if you're joking or not :p
#1 player in the world atm: J-god | Follow me on twitter! @DJHelium
Zheryn
Profile Joined December 2010
Sweden3653 Posts
January 31 2014 22:18 GMT
#2036
10p vs 10p baneling, lol
hundred thousand krouner
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
January 31 2014 22:18 GMT
#2037
Jaedong 2-1 Solar they're playing on MoriCup right now
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27451 Posts
January 31 2014 22:18 GMT
#2038
I don't think sOs has as many mapped out builds that are as good as San's, he has better in-game ability to just pull something improvisational off. Elfi has much the same talent :p
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
ThePlagueJG
Profile Joined May 2013
Sweden1010 Posts
January 31 2014 22:19 GMT
#2039
Welmu with lots of colo>Patience :D
ThorZaIN | NaNiwa | SaSe | PartinG | sOs | Jaedong | sOs restored passion!
Yhamm
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
France7248 Posts
January 31 2014 22:19 GMT
#2040
On February 01 2014 07:15 Aeromi wrote:
(T)ForGG vs (Z)Jaedong in RO8.

don't do that if the match ain't over >_<
LiquipediaWe will have only each other at the last
Prev 1 100 101 102 103 104 118 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
Laughngamez YouTube
FEL
01:00
ScienceCraft Qualifier
IndyStarCraft 246
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
IndyStarCraft 246
BRAT_OK 64
MindelVK 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 27127
Mini 431
Hyuk 238
firebathero 186
ggaemo 138
Liquid`Ret 80
Mong 54
Hyun 39
ToSsGirL 25
PianO 23
[ Show more ]
Bale 9
Dota 2
Gorgc10592
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1365
crisheroes1111
Liquid`Hasu715
Other Games
Grubby2863
FrodaN2022
fl0m1156
Beastyqt1052
Mlord469
KnowMe182
Livibee150
ArmadaUGS135
mouzStarbuck122
Mew2King59
Trikslyr49
ToD35
Chillindude17
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1056
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream38
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 99
• StrangeGG 62
• Adnapsc2 16
• LUISG 15
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8191
Other Games
• imaqtpie679
• Shiphtur295
• WagamamaTV236
Upcoming Events
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1h 5m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
16h 5m
INu's Battles
18h 5m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
21h 5m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 1h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 1h
Replay Cast
1d 6h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 16h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 17h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.