• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:22
CEST 22:22
KST 05:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7978 users

[WCS] Global Finals 2013 Day 1 - Page 281

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 279 280 281 282 283 1234 Next
Let's cut down on the excessive hashtagging in this thread. This isn't Twitter.

Please don't "500!" on page 500 (and similar comments)

non twitch stream: http://eu.battle.net/blizzcon/en/live-stream/
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
November 08 2013 01:45 GMT
#5601
On November 08 2013 10:44 slowbacontron wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 08 2013 10:34 snakeeyez wrote:
I loved JD back in brood war, but he is winning the poll of most likely to win this whole thing? Of all the top players there I just dont see jaedong be favored to win. Im not sure who is, but probably not him in my opinion. Just going off race distribution its probably going to be toss or terran and not zerg.

For any player in here you can say "it's probably not gonna be him"...but it's gotta be somebody ^^

Yeah but if someone said Dear/Maru/Soulkey, those players are much more likely than JD wouldn't you agree?
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
The_Red_Viper
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
19533 Posts
November 08 2013 01:46 GMT
#5602
On November 08 2013 10:38 TheDougler wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 08 2013 09:44 TheDougler wrote:
[image loading]


Quoting that one because I really like it but nobody commented

Anyway's here's this one, it kind of got away on me and didn't turn out that great but oh well:

[image loading]


So you wanna tell me Innovation is the avatar, no way man :D
IU | Sohyang || There is no God and we are his prophets | For if ‘Thou mayest’—it is also true that ‘Thou mayest not.” | Ignorance is the parent of fear |
Lorch
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany3711 Posts
November 08 2013 01:46 GMT
#5603
On November 08 2013 10:34 snakeeyez wrote:
I loved JD back in brood war, but he is winning the poll of most likely to win this whole thing? Of all the top players there I just dont see jaedong be favored to win. Im not sure who is, but probably not him in my opinion. Just going off race distribution its probably going to be toss or terran and not zerg.


I think we have seen enough royal roaders, enough upsets, enough revolutions to know that these things are meaningless when it comes to determine a tournaments winner. Jaedong has the will, he wants it extremely badly, and sometimes thats all you need to win even if all odds are against you.
The_Red_Viper
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
19533 Posts
November 08 2013 01:47 GMT
#5604
On November 08 2013 10:46 Lorch wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 08 2013 10:34 snakeeyez wrote:
I loved JD back in brood war, but he is winning the poll of most likely to win this whole thing? Of all the top players there I just dont see jaedong be favored to win. Im not sure who is, but probably not him in my opinion. Just going off race distribution its probably going to be toss or terran and not zerg.


I think we have seen enough royal roaders, enough upsets, enough revolutions to know that these things are meaningless when it comes to determine a tournaments winner. Jaedong has the will, he wants it extremely badly, and sometimes thats all you need to win even if all odds are against you.


Will we see the King Of Kongs (in sc2) win this tournament?
I think so

[image loading]
IU | Sohyang || There is no God and we are his prophets | For if ‘Thou mayest’—it is also true that ‘Thou mayest not.” | Ignorance is the parent of fear |
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
November 08 2013 01:48 GMT
#5605
On November 08 2013 10:47 The_Red_Viper wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 08 2013 10:46 Lorch wrote:
On November 08 2013 10:34 snakeeyez wrote:
I loved JD back in brood war, but he is winning the poll of most likely to win this whole thing? Of all the top players there I just dont see jaedong be favored to win. Im not sure who is, but probably not him in my opinion. Just going off race distribution its probably going to be toss or terran and not zerg.


I think we have seen enough royal roaders, enough upsets, enough revolutions to know that these things are meaningless when it comes to determine a tournaments winner. Jaedong has the will, he wants it extremely badly, and sometimes thats all you need to win even if all odds are against you.


Will we see the King Of Kongs (in sc2) win this tournament?
I think so

[image loading]

The mutas and vikings are a nice touch.
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
slowbacontron
Profile Joined October 2012
United States7722 Posts
November 08 2013 01:49 GMT
#5606
On November 08 2013 10:45 Darkhoarse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 08 2013 10:44 slowbacontron wrote:
On November 08 2013 10:34 snakeeyez wrote:
I loved JD back in brood war, but he is winning the poll of most likely to win this whole thing? Of all the top players there I just dont see jaedong be favored to win. Im not sure who is, but probably not him in my opinion. Just going off race distribution its probably going to be toss or terran and not zerg.

For any player in here you can say "it's probably not gonna be him"...but it's gotta be somebody ^^

Yeah but if someone said Dear/Maru/Soulkey, those players are much more likely than JD wouldn't you agree?

Yeah, but I think the "race distribution" argument is flawed. You could say that since there are so few SouL players the winner's probably not going to be SouL, but that's not actually very informative.
jjakji fan
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
November 08 2013 01:50 GMT
#5607
On November 08 2013 10:49 slowbacontron wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 08 2013 10:45 Darkhoarse wrote:
On November 08 2013 10:44 slowbacontron wrote:
On November 08 2013 10:34 snakeeyez wrote:
I loved JD back in brood war, but he is winning the poll of most likely to win this whole thing? Of all the top players there I just dont see jaedong be favored to win. Im not sure who is, but probably not him in my opinion. Just going off race distribution its probably going to be toss or terran and not zerg.

For any player in here you can say "it's probably not gonna be him"...but it's gotta be somebody ^^

Yeah but if someone said Dear/Maru/Soulkey, those players are much more likely than JD wouldn't you agree?

Yeah, but I think the "race distribution" argument is flawed. You could say that since there are so few SouL players the winner's probably not going to be SouL, but that's not actually very informative.

Oh yeah true. People saying we probably won't have a zerg champion because so few zergs are off base.
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
TheDougler
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada8323 Posts
November 08 2013 01:52 GMT
#5608
On November 08 2013 10:46 The_Red_Viper wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 08 2013 10:38 TheDougler wrote:
On November 08 2013 09:44 TheDougler wrote:
[image loading]


Quoting that one because I really like it but nobody commented

Anyway's here's this one, it kind of got away on me and didn't turn out that great but oh well:

[image loading]


So you wanna tell me Innovation is the avatar, no way man :D


Yeah... Soon as I got to that point I realized there was just no good fit. I mean, unless I randomly put TLO in there... But I figured at least Innovation is likely one of the most powerful of them so I went with that.

I think I shouldn't have bothered trying to fit a face onto Appa though, that's just a bunch of fail. I think Hero, Taeja, and Naniwa are looking alright there though.
I root for Euro Zergs, NA Protoss* and Korean Terrans. (Any North American who has beat a Korean Pro as Protoss counts as NA Toss)
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
November 08 2013 01:53 GMT
#5609
On November 08 2013 10:52 TheDougler wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 08 2013 10:46 The_Red_Viper wrote:
On November 08 2013 10:38 TheDougler wrote:
On November 08 2013 09:44 TheDougler wrote:
[image loading]


Quoting that one because I really like it but nobody commented

Anyway's here's this one, it kind of got away on me and didn't turn out that great but oh well:

[image loading]


So you wanna tell me Innovation is the avatar, no way man :D


Yeah... Soon as I got to that point I realized there was just no good fit. I mean, unless I randomly put TLO in there... But I figured at least Innovation is likely one of the most powerful of them so I went with that.

I think I shouldn't have bothered trying to fit a face onto Appa though, that's just a bunch of fail. I think Hero, Taeja, and Naniwa are looking alright there though.

I think MC as Appa fits
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
The_Red_Viper
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
19533 Posts
November 08 2013 01:55 GMT
#5610
On November 08 2013 10:53 Darkhoarse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 08 2013 10:52 TheDougler wrote:
On November 08 2013 10:46 The_Red_Viper wrote:
On November 08 2013 10:38 TheDougler wrote:
On November 08 2013 09:44 TheDougler wrote:
[image loading]


Quoting that one because I really like it but nobody commented

Anyway's here's this one, it kind of got away on me and didn't turn out that great but oh well:

[image loading]


So you wanna tell me Innovation is the avatar, no way man :D


Yeah... Soon as I got to that point I realized there was just no good fit. I mean, unless I randomly put TLO in there... But I figured at least Innovation is likely one of the most powerful of them so I went with that.

I think I shouldn't have bothered trying to fit a face onto Appa though, that's just a bunch of fail. I think Hero, Taeja, and Naniwa are looking alright there though.

I think MC as Appa fits

agreed, MC doesnt lift either
IU | Sohyang || There is no God and we are his prophets | For if ‘Thou mayest’—it is also true that ‘Thou mayest not.” | Ignorance is the parent of fear |
DeadSanto123
Profile Joined August 2013
United States90 Posts
November 08 2013 01:57 GMT
#5611
On November 08 2013 10:55 The_Red_Viper wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 08 2013 10:53 Darkhoarse wrote:
On November 08 2013 10:52 TheDougler wrote:
On November 08 2013 10:46 The_Red_Viper wrote:
On November 08 2013 10:38 TheDougler wrote:
On November 08 2013 09:44 TheDougler wrote:
[image loading]


Quoting that one because I really like it but nobody commented

Anyway's here's this one, it kind of got away on me and didn't turn out that great but oh well:

[image loading]


So you wanna tell me Innovation is the avatar, no way man :D


Yeah... Soon as I got to that point I realized there was just no good fit. I mean, unless I randomly put TLO in there... But I figured at least Innovation is likely one of the most powerful of them so I went with that.

I think I shouldn't have bothered trying to fit a face onto Appa though, that's just a bunch of fail. I think Hero, Taeja, and Naniwa are looking alright there though.

I think MC as Appa fits

agreed, MC doesnt lift either

He lifts all the cash he made
Jaedong!!!
TheDougler
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada8323 Posts
November 08 2013 01:57 GMT
#5612
K, I've got one for people. Come up with a good WCS-Fellowship of the Ring photoshop/Paint
I root for Euro Zergs, NA Protoss* and Korean Terrans. (Any North American who has beat a Korean Pro as Protoss counts as NA Toss)
jakethesnake
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada4948 Posts
November 08 2013 01:58 GMT
#5613
On November 08 2013 10:21 Jer99 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 08 2013 10:17 jakethesnake wrote:
On November 08 2013 10:14 Jer99 wrote:
I was there too it was amazing, I got to meet the hosts and casters and a whole bunch of other esports figures


*Jealous* I was in TO for part of it, but stuck in the airport on a layover waiting to go to regina. I could feel the energy from down the road, but couldn't make it there.

still. Hyped!!


Check out the pics i got!

http://imgur.com/a/89IPR#0


Holy shit. Jealousy just multiplied by 1000! That is so sick!
Community Newsjjakji || jjakji || jjakji || jjakji || jjakji || jjakji || jjakji nshoseo.jpg
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
November 08 2013 01:58 GMT
#5614
On November 08 2013 10:57 TheDougler wrote:
K, I've got one for people. Come up with a good WCS-Fellowship of the Ring photoshop/Paint

If one of you makes Naniwa Frodo I swear...
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
DeadSanto123
Profile Joined August 2013
United States90 Posts
November 08 2013 01:58 GMT
#5615
On November 08 2013 10:57 TheDougler wrote:
K, I've got one for people. Come up with a good WCS-Fellowship of the Ring photoshop/Paint

+1
Jaedong!!!
TheDougler
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada8323 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-08 01:59:49
November 08 2013 01:59 GMT
#5616
On November 08 2013 10:58 Darkhoarse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 08 2013 10:57 TheDougler wrote:
K, I've got one for people. Come up with a good WCS-Fellowship of the Ring photoshop/Paint

If one of you makes Naniwa Frodo I swear...


(joking) Naniwa is obviously either Pippin or Boromir depending on your perspective.

Seriously though I can't wait to see what people come up with.
I root for Euro Zergs, NA Protoss* and Korean Terrans. (Any North American who has beat a Korean Pro as Protoss counts as NA Toss)
Jer99
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Canada8160 Posts
November 08 2013 01:59 GMT
#5617
FUCK THE HATERS, TAEJA IS GOING TO WIN ALL THE MARBLES
StrategyTaeJa #1 || @TL_Jer99 || "seeker seeked out his seeking"
eurTsItniH
Profile Joined January 2012
887 Posts
November 08 2013 02:02 GMT
#5618
Come on we can make it to 300 pages.
slowbacontron
Profile Joined October 2012
United States7722 Posts
November 08 2013 02:03 GMT
#5619
You guys wanna guess the relationships between player/character in my yugioh pic? Holdinga got really close, and lichter barely tried. + Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
jjakji fan
Lorch
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany3711 Posts
November 08 2013 02:07 GMT
#5620
On November 08 2013 11:03 slowbacontron wrote:
You guys wanna guess the relationships between player/character in my yugioh pic? Holdinga got really close, and lichter barely tried. + Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Just one question before I start thinking: Is the bakura in your pic the soul in the millenium thingy dingy (I swear I suck at remembering names) or just the regular bakura?
Prev 1 279 280 281 282 283 1234 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 13h 38m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 101
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15155
Calm 2165
Mini 166
Rush 107
EffOrt 102
Trap 22
scan(afreeca) 17
Bale 13
Dota 2
febbydoto17
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
fl0m3416
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King39
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4087
Liquid`Hasu654
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1889
Beastyqt814
B2W.Neo568
RotterdaM501
shahzam393
C9.Mang0290
crisheroes186
IndyStarCraft 185
ToD149
Trikslyr96
Dewaltoss67
UpATreeSC60
ZombieGrub33
JuggernautJason17
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 30
• Michael_bg 9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade1144
Other Games
• imaqtpie1015
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
13h 38m
INu's Battles
14h 38m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
16h 38m
OSC
1d 1h
Replay Cast
1d 2h
OSC
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.