• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:27
CEST 15:27
KST 22:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7048 users

[WCS] Global Finals 2013 Day 1 - Page 280

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 278 279 280 281 282 1234 Next
Let's cut down on the excessive hashtagging in this thread. This isn't Twitter.

Please don't "500!" on page 500 (and similar comments)

non twitch stream: http://eu.battle.net/blizzcon/en/live-stream/
Necro)Phagist(
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada6667 Posts
November 08 2013 01:03 GMT
#5581
On November 08 2013 10:01 jakethesnake wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 08 2013 10:00 Necro)Phagist( wrote:
On November 08 2013 09:57 LockeTazeline wrote:
5571 replies
225530 page views

So many people viewing but not posting! WTF is that shit should be 225530 replies. Sc2 is dead guys.. Time to go home, no hype here!

But seriously this thread is fucking amazing! Any thread that spawns it's own tournament half way through is good in my books


Any thread that gets people to log in and play is amazing. one that spawns its own tournament? I don't think words have been created for how epic that thread is!

I think all credit should go to the Toronto crowd(That I was apart of!). Got so hyped for the season 3 finals they literally restored all hype and revived Sc2 xD XD

Not that I'm biased about Canadian Crowds or anything!
"Are you talking to me? Because your authority is not recognized in fort kick ass!"" ||Park Jung Suk|| |MC|HerO|HyuN|
ffrozenfish
Profile Joined May 2011
820 Posts
November 08 2013 01:05 GMT
#5582
On November 08 2013 10:00 Necro)Phagist( wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 08 2013 09:57 LockeTazeline wrote:
5571 replies
225530 page views

So many people viewing but not posting! WTF is that shit should be 225530 replies. Sc2 is dead guys.. Time to go home, no hype here!

But seriously this thread is fucking amazing! Any thread that spawns it's own tournament half way through is good in my books


Okay, we will post now.

Mvp fighting
Give us our snipe back - Ghost
Inzan1ty
Profile Joined September 2012
1163 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-08 01:12:36
November 08 2013 01:11 GMT
#5583
Here it is....

Round of 16 Predictions:

Bomber over MMA [3-2] - upset potential: high

sOsHy over HerO [3-1] - upset potential: medium

Maru over MC [3-2] - upset potential: high

Bogus the Machine over duckdeok [3-0] - upset potential: very low

Soulkey over Naniwa [3-0] - upset potential: medium

Dear over TaeJa [3-2] - upset potential: very high

Polt over aLive [3-2] - upset potential: high

JaeDong over Mvp [3-2] - upset potential: very high

Betting these on Pinnacle arent that worth imo, as the tendency of upsets are generally high due to the high level of play of each participant, however one can experiment on the handicap markets, I can see lots of close series.
RIP Seung Hyun 'Space' Park † 6/5/2013 - Undead hero and eSports rolemodel
Lorch
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany3711 Posts
November 08 2013 01:12 GMT
#5584
On November 08 2013 10:03 Necro)Phagist( wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 08 2013 10:01 jakethesnake wrote:
On November 08 2013 10:00 Necro)Phagist( wrote:
On November 08 2013 09:57 LockeTazeline wrote:
5571 replies
225530 page views

So many people viewing but not posting! WTF is that shit should be 225530 replies. Sc2 is dead guys.. Time to go home, no hype here!

But seriously this thread is fucking amazing! Any thread that spawns it's own tournament half way through is good in my books


Any thread that gets people to log in and play is amazing. one that spawns its own tournament? I don't think words have been created for how epic that thread is!

I think all credit should go to the Toronto crowd(That I was apart of!). Got so hyped for the season 3 finals they literally restored all hype and revived Sc2 xD XD

Not that I'm biased about Canadian Crowds or anything!


Well to be fair afaik the last big event before the 2 NASL ones (imo wcs season 3 finals counts as a nasl event) was MLG torronto in 2008, no surprise you guys had the most amazing sc2 crowd of the year (this far) when all of you should be starving for an esports event of that magnitude.
DeadSanto123
Profile Joined August 2013
United States90 Posts
November 08 2013 01:14 GMT
#5585
On November 08 2013 10:11 Inzan1ty wrote:
Here it is....

Round of 16 Predictions:

Bomber over MMA [3-2] - upset potential: high

sOsHy over HerO [3-1] - upset potential: medium

Maru over MC [3-2] - upset potential: high

Bogus the Machine over duckdeok [3-0] - upset potential: very low

Soulkey over Naniwa [3-0] - upset potential: medium

Dear over TaeJa [3-2] - upset potential: very high

Polt over aLive [3-2] - upset potential: high

JaeDong over Mvp [3-2] - upset potential: very high

Betting these on Pinnacle arent that worth imo, as the tendency of upsets are generally high due to the high level of play of each participant, however one can experiment on the handicap markets, I can see lots of close series.

I agree with this
Jaedong!!!
Jer99
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Canada8160 Posts
November 08 2013 01:14 GMT
#5586
I was there too it was amazing, I got to meet the hosts and casters and a whole bunch of other esports figures
StrategyTaeJa #1 || @TL_Jer99 || "seeker seeked out his seeking"
jakethesnake
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada4948 Posts
November 08 2013 01:17 GMT
#5587
On November 08 2013 10:14 Jer99 wrote:
I was there too it was amazing, I got to meet the hosts and casters and a whole bunch of other esports figures


*Jealous* I was in TO for part of it, but stuck in the airport on a layover waiting to go to regina. I could feel the energy from down the road, but couldn't make it there.

still. Hyped!!
Community Newsjjakji || jjakji || jjakji || jjakji || jjakji || jjakji || jjakji nshoseo.jpg
Necro)Phagist(
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada6667 Posts
November 08 2013 01:18 GMT
#5588
This thread better hit 300 pages before the event starts! Did the Hypetrain burnout or something here?
"Are you talking to me? Because your authority is not recognized in fort kick ass!"" ||Park Jung Suk|| |MC|HerO|HyuN|
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
November 08 2013 01:18 GMT
#5589
On November 08 2013 10:18 Necro)Phagist( wrote:
This thread better hit 300 pages before the event starts! Did the Hypetrain burnout or something here?

I made yugioh cards, that generated a few pages
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
LockeTazeline
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
2390 Posts
November 08 2013 01:19 GMT
#5590
You have the people who like playing Starcraft.

Then you have the people who like watching other people play Starcraft.

And then you have the people who like to read about other people watching people play Starcraft.

And now you have this thread where all 3 passions are ignited into one massive hype train.
Jer99
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Canada8160 Posts
November 08 2013 01:21 GMT
#5591
On November 08 2013 10:17 jakethesnake wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 08 2013 10:14 Jer99 wrote:
I was there too it was amazing, I got to meet the hosts and casters and a whole bunch of other esports figures


*Jealous* I was in TO for part of it, but stuck in the airport on a layover waiting to go to regina. I could feel the energy from down the road, but couldn't make it there.

still. Hyped!!


Check out the pics i got!

http://imgur.com/a/89IPR#0
StrategyTaeJa #1 || @TL_Jer99 || "seeker seeked out his seeking"
ivancype
Profile Joined December 2012
Brazil485 Posts
November 08 2013 01:21 GMT
#5592
I haven't been this excited for any tournament since 2009 Brazilian National Football/soccer championship won by Flamengo.

Hyppuuuuuuu
The other race is OP
lystier
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
China877 Posts
November 08 2013 01:22 GMT
#5593
Ah I want to go to Anaheim so bad T___T
Startale forever.
SkullZ9
Profile Joined April 2011
Belgium2048 Posts
November 08 2013 01:29 GMT
#5594
I don't know what happened but I never really liked Bomber in the past (I respected him but was not a fan), but I am becoming more and more impressed by him. Maybe it's the fact that I find it sad that he will have to do his military service since he's really good right now. I will have a bit of trouble cheering for MMA I think, because Bomber is awesome !
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
November 08 2013 01:31 GMT
#5595
Hey esports. Do me a favor and hold an event in Philly. Thanks.
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
lystier
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
China877 Posts
November 08 2013 01:33 GMT
#5596
On November 08 2013 10:29 SkullZ9 wrote:
I don't know what happened but I never really liked Bomber in the past (I respected him but was not a fan), but I am becoming more and more impressed by him. Maybe it's the fact that I find it sad that he will have to do his military service since he's really good right now. I will have a bit of trouble cheering for MMA I think, because Bomber is awesome !


That's why I cheer for bomber this time!!!!
Startale forever.
snakeeyez
Profile Joined May 2011
United States1231 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-08 01:35:39
November 08 2013 01:34 GMT
#5597
I loved JD back in brood war, but he is winning the poll of most likely to win this whole thing? Of all the top players there I just dont see jaedong be favored to win. Im not sure who is, but probably not him in my opinion. Just going off race distribution its probably going to be toss or terran and not zerg.
DeadSanto123
Profile Joined August 2013
United States90 Posts
November 08 2013 01:36 GMT
#5598
On November 08 2013 10:34 snakeeyez wrote:
I loved JD back in brood war, but he is winning the poll of most likely to win this whole thing? Of all the top players there I just dont see jaedong be favored to win. Im not sure who is, but probably not him in my opinion. Just going off race distribution its probably going to be toss or terran and not zerg.


We believe in JD
Jaedong!!!
TheDougler
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada8323 Posts
November 08 2013 01:38 GMT
#5599
On November 08 2013 09:44 TheDougler wrote:
[image loading]


Quoting that one because I really like it but nobody commented

Anyway's here's this one, it kind of got away on me and didn't turn out that great but oh well:

[image loading]
I root for Euro Zergs, NA Protoss* and Korean Terrans. (Any North American who has beat a Korean Pro as Protoss counts as NA Toss)
slowbacontron
Profile Joined October 2012
United States7722 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-08 01:47:03
November 08 2013 01:44 GMT
#5600
On November 08 2013 10:34 snakeeyez wrote:
I loved JD back in brood war, but he is winning the poll of most likely to win this whole thing? Of all the top players there I just dont see jaedong be favored to win. Im not sure who is, but probably not him in my opinion. Just going off race distribution its probably going to be toss or terran and not zerg.

For any player in here you can say "it's probably not gonna be him"...but it's gotta be somebody ^^

TheDougler: nice one! I did an anime paint but only 2 people tried to guess the relationships between player/character when I offered to cheer for their favorite player :[
jjakji fan
Prev 1 278 279 280 281 282 1234 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 1036
RotterdaM536
TKL 221
SteadfastSC201
Rex114
CosmosSc2 27
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 536
ByuN 284
TKL 212
SteadfastSC 201
Rex 114
CosmosSc2 27
Codebar 25
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 38465
Shuttle 2406
Jaedong 1127
Horang2 873
Soulkey 490
Mini 391
EffOrt 361
Stork 347
Larva 272
Soma 234
[ Show more ]
actioN 224
BeSt 213
ZerO 206
Rush 187
Snow 181
Last 156
Mong 149
firebathero 133
Zeus 91
910 78
Free 75
Mind 74
Hyun 61
sorry 55
hero 47
PianO 47
Sharp 41
Yoon 40
JYJ 38
Shinee 36
Pusan 34
Shine 31
Hm[arnc] 30
Bale 30
Sexy 23
ToSsGirL 22
Aegong 21
HiyA 17
Terrorterran 12
scan(afreeca) 9
Sacsri 8
Noble 8
Rock 7
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc4370
Dendi1325
canceldota71
Counter-Strike
fl0m1169
edward34
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King171
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes533
Lowko338
Other Games
gofns77620
singsing2320
olofmeister1027
B2W.Neo329
hiko306
DeMusliM223
Livibee176
Pyrionflax163
Liquid`VortiX104
QueenE61
Trikslyr58
ZerO(Twitch)13
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1376
Other Games
BasetradeTV192
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH140
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis1579
• Jankos1530
• TFBlade343
Other Games
• Shiphtur629
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
2h 33m
The PondCast
20h 33m
INu's Battles
21h 33m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 8h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.