• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:42
CEST 09:42
KST 16:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7484 users

[WCS EU] RO32 Group C Premier Season 1 2013 - Page 22

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 43 Next All
BAAEEMM
Profile Joined April 2012
Germany412 Posts
April 30 2013 18:10 GMT
#421
On May 01 2013 03:06 Evangelist wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 01 2013 03:02 Roman666 wrote:
On May 01 2013 02:59 StarVe wrote:
On May 01 2013 02:57 Evangelist wrote:
Thorzain is essentially undefeatable in late game TvP. Little things like the double barracks walloff on the ramp up to the natural, burning 300m to delay a zealot push into his nat by a good 30s. Brilliant stuff that no one comments on because it's not micro, just strategic.

Are you implying what we just saw was undefeatable?

Any Protoss with competent decision-making would have been in an awesome position.

This game was not a Thorzain win but rather a Titan's loss.

Any more competent Protoss would never, ever engaged into that concave of Terran units.


Yeah... Except I remember a 6 base Naniwa being torn apart by a 3-4 base Thorzain. No one who is remotely sane and isn't either Rain or Parting willingly engages Thorzain in lategame TvP.

I'm a Thorzain fan as well but that is just not true. His lategame TvP is very good but by no means as insurmountable as you described.
Dvriel
Profile Joined November 2011
607 Posts
April 30 2013 18:11 GMT
#422
On May 01 2013 03:02 Longtimer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 01 2013 02:56 Dvriel wrote:
I understand this is WCS as Strelok said and they are all nervous,but man...You are progamer and have been it for what??? 5 years? This make our ladder seem so bad...

If they are so shit, why didn't you qualify (did you even try?)?

I get it, it's OK to to criticise even if you're not top level, but some of these threads slowly turns towards cancer if one of the players does anything wrong. They aren't shit. They are mere mortals.


They arent SHIT.They are OUR EU Progamers and represent us.I ma not there only because I am like 15 yers older than any of them and there wasnt SC or Internet where I was 13 or 14 as Life or Maru.I think I got the right to criticize and tell something is wrong or ugly if its the true or not? We got the liberty to do this here if the manners are OK,right?

If you try to compare Messi with some player from another Team you can easily say whos better or NOT? Can you do this? I suppose all the newpapers are full with professional players or coaches writing about football right?Come on.We need to realise,our players are not so good and they need more practice.If everyone is like you saying them :"dont be worry,you are mortal.Its ok" They will never improve and the WCS EU and NA will be only WSC KR 2 and KR 3.The WCS finals will be 15 Koreans+1 Foreigner invited by Blizzard.

I suppose for you Koreans are nor mortals then.They do mistakes as well,but not that HUUUUGE mistakes in the supposly Premier League.This almost seems Code B or less...
TheDwf
Profile Joined November 2011
France19747 Posts
April 30 2013 18:12 GMT
#423
On May 01 2013 03:06 Evangelist wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 01 2013 03:02 Roman666 wrote:
On May 01 2013 02:59 StarVe wrote:
On May 01 2013 02:57 Evangelist wrote:
Thorzain is essentially undefeatable in late game TvP. Little things like the double barracks walloff on the ramp up to the natural, burning 300m to delay a zealot push into his nat by a good 30s. Brilliant stuff that no one comments on because it's not micro, just strategic.

Are you implying what we just saw was undefeatable?

Any Protoss with competent decision-making would have been in an awesome position.

This game was not a Thorzain win but rather a Titan's loss.

Any more competent Protoss would never, ever engaged into that concave of Terran units.


Yeah... Except I remember a 6 base Naniwa being torn apart by a 3-4 base Thorzain. No one who is remotely sane and isn't either Rain or Parting willingly engages Thorzain in lategame TvP.

Except Naniwa played beyond horrible this CK game, playing mass zeals/archons/immortals and wondering why he was getting stomped by 25+ Ghosts...
StarVe
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany13591 Posts
April 30 2013 18:13 GMT
#424
On May 01 2013 03:06 Evangelist wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 01 2013 03:02 Roman666 wrote:
On May 01 2013 02:59 StarVe wrote:
On May 01 2013 02:57 Evangelist wrote:
Thorzain is essentially undefeatable in late game TvP. Little things like the double barracks walloff on the ramp up to the natural, burning 300m to delay a zealot push into his nat by a good 30s. Brilliant stuff that no one comments on because it's not micro, just strategic.

Are you implying what we just saw was undefeatable?

Any Protoss with competent decision-making would have been in an awesome position.

This game was not a Thorzain win but rather a Titan's loss.

Any more competent Protoss would never, ever engaged into that concave of Terran units.


Yeah... Except I remember a 6 base Naniwa being torn apart by a 3-4 base Thorzain. No one who is remotely sane and isn't either Rain or Parting willingly engages Thorzain in lategame TvP.

Yeah, well, I remember Titan beating MarineKing with ease, that doesn't mean it's relevant now and the player in question is still on the same level in this matchup or in general.
Schelim
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Austria11528 Posts
April 30 2013 18:13 GMT
#425
does Strelok play only mech every game every matchup now? i don't think I've seen him play a non-mech game in HotS.
TY <3 Cure <3 Inno <3 Special <3
Cyrak
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada536 Posts
April 30 2013 18:13 GMT
#426
Strelok's drop control is not very good.
Fortune favors the prepared mind.
n0ise
Profile Joined April 2010
3452 Posts
April 30 2013 18:14 GMT
#427
On May 01 2013 03:09 StarVe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 01 2013 03:04 n0ise wrote:
On May 01 2013 03:02 StarVe wrote:
On May 01 2013 03:00 AlternativeEgo wrote:
On May 01 2013 02:56 Dvriel wrote:
I dont know what is this guy "Titan" doing here as invited player,but that last engagement in the Thorzains 3rd was the most horrible I ve ever seen!!! After several EMPs on his army and the gau still there trying to kill Perfect Bio concave with 1k medivac support..

I understand this is WCS as Strelok said and they are all nervous,but man...You are progamer and have been it for what??? 5 years? This make our ladder seem so bad...


Russian WCS Champion who placed 13th-16th in the European finals. It's a good invite but I'm not sure of how much he has played lately. I guess not enough. :/

He played 750 ladder games this season on his main account alone, not counting customs and potential smurfs, normally that should be more than enough for a player of his potential, I don't know why he's not getting the hang of it yet, his decision making this series was simply abysmal.


You can find a random ladder person with 1500 games, it still won't give him nerves of steel playing Thorzain with a WCS spot on the line.

Many people are saying "i haven't heard too much about him" which obviously translates into "he doesn't have that much high-play experience", which of course makes it natural for him to be nervous.

Which is obviously complete bullshit because he has a lot of experience and is familiar with high-pressure situations. Yes, maybe he's nervous, but not more than Thorzain, that's for sure. Maybe something is bothering him, but he's not more nervous by nature.

If you haven't heard much of him, it's not his fault, it's yours.

Show nested quote +
On May 01 2013 03:08 Roman666 wrote:
On May 01 2013 03:03 StarVe wrote:
On May 01 2013 03:02 Roman666 wrote:
On May 01 2013 02:59 StarVe wrote:
On May 01 2013 02:57 Evangelist wrote:
Thorzain is essentially undefeatable in late game TvP. Little things like the double barracks walloff on the ramp up to the natural, burning 300m to delay a zealot push into his nat by a good 30s. Brilliant stuff that no one comments on because it's not micro, just strategic.

Are you implying what we just saw was undefeatable?

Any Protoss with competent decision-making would have been in an awesome position.

This game was not a Thorzain win but rather a Titan's loss.

Any more competent Protoss would never, ever engaged into that concave of Terran units.

yes, that's exactly what I said

And I had your back!



I'd try to clarify my point, but that would just mean rewriting my initial post. I know who his, I played him more than I can count, and if someone hasn't heard of him, I definitely wouldn't 'fault' him for it, rofl.

Then again, you seem to think that Titan and TZ have played at the same level and have similar experience with the game, so I'm probably not managing my time very well to start with.
Sonic Death Monkey
Profile Joined July 2011
Sweden991 Posts
April 30 2013 18:14 GMT
#428
So much bad decision making.
Longtimer
Profile Joined April 2013
490 Posts
April 30 2013 18:15 GMT
#429
On May 01 2013 03:11 Dvriel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 01 2013 03:02 Longtimer wrote:
On May 01 2013 02:56 Dvriel wrote:
I understand this is WCS as Strelok said and they are all nervous,but man...You are progamer and have been it for what??? 5 years? This make our ladder seem so bad...

If they are so shit, why didn't you qualify (did you even try?)?

I get it, it's OK to to criticise even if you're not top level, but some of these threads slowly turns towards cancer if one of the players does anything wrong. They aren't shit. They are mere mortals.


They arent SHIT.They are OUR EU Progamers and represent us.I ma not there only because I am like 15 yers older than any of them and there wasnt SC or Internet where I was 13 or 14 as Life or Maru.I think I got the right to criticize and tell something is wrong or ugly if its the true or not? We got the liberty to do this here if the manners are OK,right?

If you try to compare Messi with some player from another Team you can easily say whos better or NOT? Can you do this? I suppose all the newpapers are full with professional players or coaches writing about football right?Come on.We need to realise,our players are not so good and they need more practice.If everyone is like you saying them :"dont be worry,you are mortal.Its ok" They will never improve and the WCS EU and NA will be only WSC KR 2 and KR 3.The WCS finals will be 15 Koreans+1 Foreigner invited by Blizzard.

I suppose for you Koreans are nor mortals then.They do mistakes as well,but not that HUUUUGE mistakes in the supposly Premier League.This almost seems Code B or less...

What the actual fuck...

I surrender.
AlternativeEgo
Profile Joined August 2011
Sweden17309 Posts
April 30 2013 18:15 GMT
#430
All those 1v1's with Flo are clearly paying off
Mark Munoz looks like Gretorp
Swords
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
6038 Posts
April 30 2013 18:16 GMT
#431
Is daybreak in the map pool? This series might never end if it is.
StarVe
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany13591 Posts
April 30 2013 18:17 GMT
#432
On May 01 2013 03:16 Swords wrote:
Is daybreak in the map pool? This series might never end if it is.

yes, we saw it twice already today, didn't we?
Swiipii
Profile Joined January 2012
2195 Posts
April 30 2013 18:17 GMT
#433
I love bio vs mech . So intense .
Swords
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
6038 Posts
April 30 2013 18:17 GMT
#434
I feel like Strelock goes mech in every matchup. Is that true? I don't think I've seen him go bio once - just Hellbat drops into Hellbat/tank/mine.
Swords
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
6038 Posts
April 30 2013 18:18 GMT
#435
On May 01 2013 03:17 StarVe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 01 2013 03:16 Swords wrote:
Is daybreak in the map pool? This series might never end if it is.

yes, we saw it twice already today, didn't we?

Whoops! I was so disgusted by Titan/Thorzain game 3 I swept it from my mind.

And I missed Strelock vs. Ret
mechengineer123
Profile Joined March 2013
Ukraine711 Posts
April 30 2013 18:20 GMT
#436
The audio of the casting isn't properly balanced and it's very annoying (right side is much louder than left). Sorry if it has been mentioned before.

And yes, strelok mechs (almost?) exclusively.
Dvriel
Profile Joined November 2011
607 Posts
April 30 2013 18:20 GMT
#437
6 mins without building a single suppply depot from 153 supply.Come on Strelok...What am I watching???
StarVe
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany13591 Posts
April 30 2013 18:21 GMT
#438
20 minutes, then I can finally watch Champions League instead. :D
Mackus
Profile Joined January 2011
England1681 Posts
April 30 2013 18:21 GMT
#439
On May 01 2013 03:20 Dvriel wrote:
6 mins without building a single suppply depot from 153 supply.Come on Strelok...What am I watching???


Finally made 3!
Shawngood
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany473 Posts
April 30 2013 18:22 GMT
#440
Maps for ThorZaIN vs. Strelok are:
1. Newkirk Precinct
2. Akilon Wastes
3. Neo Planet S
@ESL_Shawn
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 43 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech139
StarCraft: Brood War
Mong 405
Leta 260
Dewaltoss 105
sSak 55
Killer 35
NotJumperer 35
Aegong 32
Bale 31
ZergMaN 30
yabsab 13
[ Show more ]
Noble 11
Sharp 1
League of Legends
JimRising 544
Reynor39
Other Games
summit1g10874
olofmeister446
Sick199
Happy132
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick760
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream42
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush1146
• Jankos607
• Stunt456
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
2h 19m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3h 19m
Monday Night Weeklies
8h 19m
Replay Cast
15h 19m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 2h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 3h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 16h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.