• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:29
CEST 04:29
KST 11:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9638 users

[WCS AM] Premier Qualifiers Season 1 - Page 135

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 133 134 135 136 137 274 Next
MOD NOTE: The bracket on Liquipedia is not final and should be assumed to be speculative. If you are a competitor, trust what MLG Admins tell you over the bracket.
sc2superfan101
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
3583 Posts
April 21 2013 16:06 GMT
#2681
On April 22 2013 00:59 4ZakeN87 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 00:46 sc2superfan101 wrote:
On April 22 2013 00:42 4ZakeN87 wrote:
On April 22 2013 00:22 sc2superfan101 wrote:
On April 22 2013 00:00 o)_Saurus wrote:
On April 21 2013 23:40 sc2superfan101 wrote:
Europe "held" with like 1/4 the Koreans trying to qualify, and those Koreans being 2-3 tiers below the quality of guys in NA.

EU is better than NA, but it's by degrees. KR is better than both by whole levels.


Yeah you're right. Finale and Tails are definitly 3 if not 6 tiers below the likes of Crank or Center.

I would argue that JD, Alive, Oz, and even theSTC are at least one tier above Finale and Tails. Probably higher.

We'll have to wait and see what happens in the actual tournaments, but I don't think anyone will be surprised if Koreans take the First, Second, Third and maybe even Fourth spot in the EU WCS.


Lol, yeah right. You know what? How about we make a bet that Korea will take the top 4 slots in EU?

How abuot a 1/1 bet, what you say, 1000$ each? x)

1. I don't have $10 to spare. I have to make rent and buy food. Even if I did, I don't gamble.
2. I didn't say that the odds were that they would get the 1,2,3,4 spots, I said no one will be too surprised if it happens.
3. Let's make a gentleman's bet (no money) that a Korean will take both first and second and that no EU guy will make it to the semis of the actual WCS.


You however said that out of the 5 Koreans in EU now, they will take the top 4 spots. That is not gone happen, not even close. 2 out the 5 Koreans are not even particularly good.

I said they might take the top 4 spots, and judging by past results they definitely have a good chance to do so. I didn't say they would, I didn't even say that the odds were that they would. I said that I wouldn't be surprised if it happened.
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.
4ZakeN87
Profile Joined June 2011
Sweden1071 Posts
April 21 2013 16:16 GMT
#2682
On April 22 2013 01:06 sc2superfan101 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 00:59 4ZakeN87 wrote:
On April 22 2013 00:46 sc2superfan101 wrote:
On April 22 2013 00:42 4ZakeN87 wrote:
On April 22 2013 00:22 sc2superfan101 wrote:
On April 22 2013 00:00 o)_Saurus wrote:
On April 21 2013 23:40 sc2superfan101 wrote:
Europe "held" with like 1/4 the Koreans trying to qualify, and those Koreans being 2-3 tiers below the quality of guys in NA.

EU is better than NA, but it's by degrees. KR is better than both by whole levels.


Yeah you're right. Finale and Tails are definitly 3 if not 6 tiers below the likes of Crank or Center.

I would argue that JD, Alive, Oz, and even theSTC are at least one tier above Finale and Tails. Probably higher.

We'll have to wait and see what happens in the actual tournaments, but I don't think anyone will be surprised if Koreans take the First, Second, Third and maybe even Fourth spot in the EU WCS.


Lol, yeah right. You know what? How about we make a bet that Korea will take the top 4 slots in EU?

How abuot a 1/1 bet, what you say, 1000$ each? x)

1. I don't have $10 to spare. I have to make rent and buy food. Even if I did, I don't gamble.
2. I didn't say that the odds were that they would get the 1,2,3,4 spots, I said no one will be too surprised if it happens.
3. Let's make a gentleman's bet (no money) that a Korean will take both first and second and that no EU guy will make it to the semis of the actual WCS.


You however said that out of the 5 Koreans in EU now, they will take the top 4 spots. That is not gone happen, not even close. 2 out the 5 Koreans are not even particularly good.

I said they might take the top 4 spots, and judging by past results they definitely have a good chance to do so. I didn't say they would, I didn't even say that the odds were that they would. I said that I wouldn't be surprised if it happened.


Well your level of "surpriseness" (did I just invent a word? ^) is a rather unsure measurement is it not? :')

Maybe I would not be "surprised" if Hellokitty would crush the WCS NA without dropping a map. Just because it doesnt "surprise me" does not prevent it from being very, very unlikely ^^
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler" Einstein
dvorakftw
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
681 Posts
April 21 2013 16:32 GMT
#2683
On April 22 2013 01:00 Agathon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 00:36 farnham wrote:
I really dont understand why more koreas didnt choose eu. A lot of good players will not qualify that could have been in eu wcs premier league instead.


It's about lag. It's way more confortable for Koreans to play on NA than on EU.

Plus most of them are on NA funded teams. I forget the timelines and we're still not clear on how the whole points from other tournaments will work, but as I recall at the time of deciding NA seemed to promise better chances at more tourney money from non-WCS events but that might not still be true.
govie
Profile Blog Joined November 2012
9334 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-21 16:47:22
April 21 2013 16:44 GMT
#2684
On April 22 2013 01:00 Agathon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 00:36 farnham wrote:
I really dont understand why more koreas didnt choose eu. A lot of good players will not qualify that could have been in eu wcs premier league instead.


It's about lag. It's way more confortable for Koreans to play on NA than on EU.


Hell no, they were all scared shitless ofcourse... EU is been a bastion for sc2 gamers for ages!

Swedish scene, german scene, Karonte, Empire etcetc.. EU was allways gonna HOLD!
The two NBA teams in states with legal weed are called the Nuggets and the Blazers...
LuckyFool
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States9015 Posts
April 21 2013 16:53 GMT
#2685
good luck to the foreigners left today...Knock some koreans out!
DaCruise
Profile Joined July 2010
Denmark2457 Posts
April 21 2013 17:10 GMT
#2686
I dont know if I can take another night of Ax & Ax casting. They make me fall asleep. Though they are not particular bad, its just so boring to listen to and Axeltoss never has anything to add.
0versight
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada11 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-21 17:14:19
April 21 2013 17:14 GMT
#2687
Have any replays from day one surfaced yet? And where are the EU WCS replays?
nihlon
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden5581 Posts
April 21 2013 17:26 GMT
#2688
On April 22 2013 01:32 dvorakftw wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 01:00 Agathon wrote:
On April 22 2013 00:36 farnham wrote:
I really dont understand why more koreas didnt choose eu. A lot of good players will not qualify that could have been in eu wcs premier league instead.


It's about lag. It's way more confortable for Koreans to play on NA than on EU.

Plus most of them are on NA funded teams. I forget the timelines and we're still not clear on how the whole points from other tournaments will work, but as I recall at the time of deciding NA seemed to promise better chances at more tourney money from non-WCS events but that might not still be true.

Yes, it is a combination of minimizing lag, being on American teams/sponsors and the fact that they had to make a choice before having all the facts, meaning some took the "safe" choice.
Banelings are too cute to blow up
RPR_Tempest
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Australia7799 Posts
April 21 2013 17:27 GMT
#2689
Supposedly Rossi vs HwangSin will be streamed! Awesome! But I predict an uphill battle for the Italian Stallion.
Soundwave, Zerg player from Canberra, Australia. @SoundwaveSC
Deleted User 137586
Profile Joined January 2011
7859 Posts
April 21 2013 17:33 GMT
#2690
I wish they'd stream HTOMario while he's still in contention. I'd love to see him mech, for example against Nony if he makes it that far.

Also, PhysicsLee is still in the bracket on liquipedia. Wasn't he DQ'd for hacking?
Cry 'havoc' and let slip the dogs of war
ACrow
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany6583 Posts
April 21 2013 17:33 GMT
#2691
Any bets on what it actually starts?
Get off my lawn, young punks
TheSilverfox
Profile Joined December 2010
Sweden1928 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-21 17:41:24
April 21 2013 17:36 GMT
#2692
On April 22 2013 00:42 4ZakeN87 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 00:22 sc2superfan101 wrote:
On April 22 2013 00:00 o)_Saurus wrote:
On April 21 2013 23:40 sc2superfan101 wrote:
Europe "held" with like 1/4 the Koreans trying to qualify, and those Koreans being 2-3 tiers below the quality of guys in NA.

EU is better than NA, but it's by degrees. KR is better than both by whole levels.


Yeah you're right. Finale and Tails are definitly 3 if not 6 tiers below the likes of Crank or Center.

I would argue that JD, Alive, Oz, and even theSTC are at least one tier above Finale and Tails. Probably higher.

We'll have to wait and see what happens in the actual tournaments, but I don't think anyone will be surprised if Koreans take the First, Second, Third and maybe even Fourth spot in the EU WCS.


Lol, yeah right. You know what? How about we make a bet that Korea will take the top 4 slots in EU?

How abuot a 1/1 bet, what you say, 1000$ each? x)


Is there a possibility for others to join this bet. I'm very interested .

Edit: Yes, I'll easily bet 1000USD that the Top4 for first WCS EU will not be all Korean,
Also known as Joinsimon on Twitter/Reddit
SeR3NiTy
Profile Joined March 2009
France206 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-21 17:40:21
April 21 2013 17:39 GMT
#2693
oh yeah JD incoming great.
ACrow
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany6583 Posts
April 21 2013 17:41 GMT
#2694
JD vs JonSnow
May his watch never end...
Get off my lawn, young punks
Anonymous_Coward
Profile Joined July 2011
United Kingdom1347 Posts
April 21 2013 17:42 GMT
#2695
Oh wow. I didn't catch yesterday, but the quality of this stream is a nice treat after only watching GSL for a while.
DifuntO
Profile Joined November 2011
Greece2376 Posts
April 21 2013 17:42 GMT
#2696
Go JonSnow. Defend the wall !!!
All I do is Stim.
AlternativeEgo
Profile Joined August 2011
Sweden17309 Posts
April 21 2013 17:42 GMT
#2697
On April 22 2013 02:36 TheSilverfox wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 00:42 4ZakeN87 wrote:
On April 22 2013 00:22 sc2superfan101 wrote:
On April 22 2013 00:00 o)_Saurus wrote:
On April 21 2013 23:40 sc2superfan101 wrote:
Europe "held" with like 1/4 the Koreans trying to qualify, and those Koreans being 2-3 tiers below the quality of guys in NA.

EU is better than NA, but it's by degrees. KR is better than both by whole levels.


Yeah you're right. Finale and Tails are definitly 3 if not 6 tiers below the likes of Crank or Center.

I would argue that JD, Alive, Oz, and even theSTC are at least one tier above Finale and Tails. Probably higher.

We'll have to wait and see what happens in the actual tournaments, but I don't think anyone will be surprised if Koreans take the First, Second, Third and maybe even Fourth spot in the EU WCS.


Lol, yeah right. You know what? How about we make a bet that Korea will take the top 4 slots in EU?

How abuot a 1/1 bet, what you say, 1000$ each? x)


Is there a possibility for others to join this bet. I'm very interested .

Edit: Yes, I'll easily bet 1000USD that the Top4 for first WCS EU will not be all Korean,


Oh my, I also want in on that action.
Mark Munoz looks like Gretorp
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
April 21 2013 17:42 GMT
#2698
Go JonSnow!
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
FrostedMiniWheats
Profile Joined August 2010
United States30730 Posts
April 21 2013 17:43 GMT
#2699
On April 22 2013 02:42 DifuntO wrote:
Go JonSnow. Defend the wall !!!


I guess the Koreans are the others xD
NesTea | Mvp | MC | Leenock | Losira | Gumiho | DRG | Taeja | Jinro | Stephano | Thorzain | Sen | Idra |Polt | Bomber | Symbol | Squirtle | Fantasy | Jaedong | Maru | sOs | Seed | ByuN | ByuL | Neeb| Scarlett | Rogue | IM forever
Rostam
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States2552 Posts
April 21 2013 17:44 GMT
#2700
Koreans are coming..
BW forever || Thall
Prev 1 133 134 135 136 137 274 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft520
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta26
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft520
WinterStarcraft360
RuFF_SC2 164
PiLiPiLi 22
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1103
White-Ra 203
Noble 56
Hyuk 54
Bale 26
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm172
LuMiX1
League of Legends
Doublelift4407
Counter-Strike
taco 662
minikerr18
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox578
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor673
Other Games
summit1g9709
Coldzera 873
C9.Mang0321
ViBE71
ArmadaUGS39
Liquid`Ken6
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick760
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream93
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 100
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21599
League of Legends
• Lourlo205
• Stunt74
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
7h 31m
Online Event
8h 31m
FEL
13h 31m
AI Arena Tournament
14h 31m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
16h 31m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 7h
INu's Battles
1d 9h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
Replay Cast
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.