• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:13
CEST 18:13
KST 01:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7975 users

[SPL] EG-Liquid vs Samsung KHAN R2 - Page 87

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 85 86 87 88 89 92 Next
CeriseCherries
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
6170 Posts
January 14 2013 22:58 GMT
#1721
Fuck me. EGTL got jangbanged
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.
Deleted User 3420
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
24492 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-14 23:21:16
January 14 2013 23:19 GMT
#1722
I am sure other people complained about this, and I have been trying not to, but SERIOUSLY wtf is the captain for EG-TL doing. Why would you send stephano out first, and why aren't you playing the better players more? I mean sure let puma play if you are up 3-1 or 3-0, but this isn't junior high baseball this is a proleague. And was jaedong still not there?

this is seriously like the 5th or 6th match that I've been disappointed with EG-TL decisionmaking on who to send out
SamsungStar
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
United States912 Posts
January 14 2013 23:30 GMT
#1723
On January 15 2013 08:19 travis wrote:
I am sure other people complained about this, and I have been trying not to, but SERIOUSLY wtf is the captain for EG-TL doing. Why would you send stephano out first, and why aren't you playing the better players more? I mean sure let puma play if you are up 3-1 or 3-0, but this isn't junior high baseball this is a proleague. And was jaedong still not there?

this is seriously like the 5th or 6th match that I've been disappointed with EG-TL decisionmaking on who to send out


Lol maybe they picked up JD's coach from OZ along with JD too.
n.DieJokes
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States3443 Posts
January 14 2013 23:32 GMT
#1724
On January 15 2013 08:30 SamsungStar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 15 2013 08:19 travis wrote:
I am sure other people complained about this, and I have been trying not to, but SERIOUSLY wtf is the captain for EG-TL doing. Why would you send stephano out first, and why aren't you playing the better players more? I mean sure let puma play if you are up 3-1 or 3-0, but this isn't junior high baseball this is a proleague. And was jaedong still not there?

this is seriously like the 5th or 6th match that I've been disappointed with EG-TL decisionmaking on who to send out


Lol maybe they picked up JD's coach from OZ along with JD too.

Then they should be riding him as hard as he can possibly be ridden and then a little harder
MyLove + Your Love= Supa Love
jinorazi
Profile Joined October 2004
Korea (South)4948 Posts
January 14 2013 23:35 GMT
#1725
the great zhang fei rises again
age: 84 | location: california | sex: 잘함
Chairman Ray
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States11903 Posts
January 14 2013 23:40 GMT
#1726
Yes go Khan!!!! I wasn't able to stay up late enough to watch their games, but I'm so happy they managed to pull through!
chosenkerrigan
Profile Joined May 2011
858 Posts
January 14 2013 23:42 GMT
#1727
On January 15 2013 08:19 travis wrote:
I am sure other people complained about this, and I have been trying not to, but SERIOUSLY wtf is the captain for EG-TL doing. Why would you send stephano out first, and why aren't you playing the better players more? I mean sure let puma play if you are up 3-1 or 3-0, but this isn't junior high baseball this is a proleague. And was jaedong still not there?

this is seriously like the 5th or 6th match that I've been disappointed with EG-TL decisionmaking on who to send out


Because they stupidly believe stephano could all kill.
DamnCats
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1472 Posts
January 14 2013 23:53 GMT
#1728
On January 15 2013 05:50 SamsungStar wrote:
This is karma for those who dared to put the last OSL champion on their anti-team. Shame on you all! No respect for the king!!


:[
Disciples of a god, that neither lives nor breathes.
Swords
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
6038 Posts
January 14 2013 23:59 GMT
#1729
On January 15 2013 08:19 travis wrote:
I am sure other people complained about this, and I have been trying not to, but SERIOUSLY wtf is the captain for EG-TL doing. Why would you send stephano out first, and why aren't you playing the better players more? I mean sure let puma play if you are up 3-1 or 3-0, but this isn't junior high baseball this is a proleague. And was jaedong still not there?

this is seriously like the 5th or 6th match that I've been disappointed with EG-TL decisionmaking on who to send out


Jaedong apparently had jetlag issues (I dunno why/how exactly, just what I saw written earlier), and Taeja is injured. In terms of players that are SPL trustworthy that leaves you JYP, Revival, Hero, and Stephano. Still when you look at that group of players I have no idea why you would start with Stephano, even if he doesn't really know the new maps. Stephano's preparation for games isn't his strong point, he has a clear weak matchup in ZvZ, and he has hours upon hours of game tape to study. On top of that he's apparently been sick lately.

While they were missing basically their 2 best players, it doesn't seem like EGTL put themselves in a position for their players to succeed. However, the bigger wtf decision to me is the use of HuK the other night when he's clearly been focused on GSL and they put him in on a KeSPA map he'd be relatively unfamiliar with if he's been grinding for GSL.
starfinder
Profile Joined March 2012
Japan167 Posts
January 15 2013 00:10 GMT
#1730
On January 15 2013 08:19 travis wrote:
I am sure other people complained about this, and I have been trying not to, but SERIOUSLY wtf is the captain for EG-TL doing. Why would you send stephano out first, and why aren't you playing the better players more? I mean sure let puma play if you are up 3-1 or 3-0, but this isn't junior high baseball this is a proleague. And was jaedong still not there?

this is seriously like the 5th or 6th match that I've been disappointed with EG-TL decisionmaking on who to send out


Cause stephano wants a all-kill.

Samsung looks so weak. and 4 ladder maps in a row.what a best chance for ALLKILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

sM.Zik
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada2553 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-15 00:16:45
January 15 2013 00:16 GMT
#1731
I seriously think I would do a better job at picking players than the coach... And the lack of Jaedong is disturbing, jet lag shouldnt be an issue anymore he fucking had decent results in the wildcards GSL 2 days ago, when he just got in korea.
Jaedong Fighting! | youtube.com/ZikGaming
Steel
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Japan2283 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-15 00:20:15
January 15 2013 00:19 GMT
#1732
On January 15 2013 08:19 travis wrote:
I am sure other people complained about this, and I have been trying not to, but SERIOUSLY wtf is the captain for EG-TL doing. Why would you send stephano out first, and why aren't you playing the better players more? I mean sure let puma play if you are up 3-1 or 3-0, but this isn't junior high baseball this is a proleague. And was jaedong still not there?

this is seriously like the 5th or 6th match that I've been disappointed with EG-TL decisionmaking on who to send out


I agree. JYP as ace last game and now sending out Puma? I understand JD had some jetlag issues (not sure what though, he came back for up and downs then left again or what? Highly doubt it.) and Taeja is injured, but still. You trust JYP as Ace then he doesn't play? Why send Puma over Thorzain who has been doing better, and over Huk who has won some PvPs against some high level players. The odds that a lesser skilled player wins a PvP are higher than any other matchup so I'd put my faith on that especially since you just saw his PvP. An ace player who all ins on the biggest map out there? He trusts his all in over a macro game...come on! There's no reason to send Puma, if he loses your opponent has so much momentum.

The cake goes to Revival, who throws down the quick spire without an evo chamber. Did you even think about the flaws of your build before you decided to do it? I guess Stargate play is surprising, no one has been doing that of late in korean PvZ! Seriously though, over the past ~2 weeks all PvZ in proleague and GSL have been stargate, pick a build thats safe against it or at least scout, what the hell are you thinking!!!!

EG-TL could be doing so much better if the captain/coach was doing his job, it's frustrating.
Try another route paperboy.
zhurai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States5660 Posts
January 15 2013 00:23 GMT
#1733
wait, why wasn't taeja sent out :|
Twitter: @zhurai | Site: http://zhurai.com
Swords
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
6038 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-15 00:30:29
January 15 2013 00:30 GMT
#1734
On January 15 2013 09:19 Steel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 15 2013 08:19 travis wrote:
I am sure other people complained about this, and I have been trying not to, but SERIOUSLY wtf is the captain for EG-TL doing. Why would you send stephano out first, and why aren't you playing the better players more? I mean sure let puma play if you are up 3-1 or 3-0, but this isn't junior high baseball this is a proleague. And was jaedong still not there?

this is seriously like the 5th or 6th match that I've been disappointed with EG-TL decisionmaking on who to send out


You trust JYP as Ace then he doesn't play?


I hadn't thought about this part, that's really silly. It'd be nice to see some consistency, that'd help evaluate players for later rounds as well.
Thieving Magpie
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States6752 Posts
January 15 2013 00:39 GMT
#1735
On January 15 2013 09:30 Swords wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 15 2013 09:19 Steel wrote:
On January 15 2013 08:19 travis wrote:
I am sure other people complained about this, and I have been trying not to, but SERIOUSLY wtf is the captain for EG-TL doing. Why would you send stephano out first, and why aren't you playing the better players more? I mean sure let puma play if you are up 3-1 or 3-0, but this isn't junior high baseball this is a proleague. And was jaedong still not there?

this is seriously like the 5th or 6th match that I've been disappointed with EG-TL decisionmaking on who to send out


You trust JYP as Ace then he doesn't play?


I hadn't thought about this part, that's really silly. It'd be nice to see some consistency, that'd help evaluate players for later rounds as well.


I trust JYP in any position. So long as its Team League... solo no no
Hark, what baseball through yonder window breaks?
WigglingSquid
Profile Joined August 2011
5194 Posts
January 15 2013 00:42 GMT
#1736
I read people mentioning that TaeJa is injured. What happened?
Thieving Magpie
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States6752 Posts
January 15 2013 00:44 GMT
#1737
On January 15 2013 09:42 WigglingSquid wrote:
I read people mentioning that TaeJa is injured. What happened?


The fate of all top playing Terrans...
Hark, what baseball through yonder window breaks?
Tommyth
Profile Joined April 2012
Poland117 Posts
January 15 2013 00:59 GMT
#1738
On January 15 2013 08:19 travis wrote:
I am sure other people complained about this, and I have been trying not to, but SERIOUSLY wtf is the captain for EG-TL doing. Why would you send stephano out first, and why aren't you playing the better players more? I mean sure let puma play if you are up 3-1 or 3-0, but this isn't junior high baseball this is a proleague. And was jaedong still not there?

this is seriously like the 5th or 6th match that I've been disappointed with EG-TL decisionmaking on who to send out


Better players? I'm quite convinced that currently Stephano is at least as strong as the rest of the team, and he's also proven many times he's quite good at fighting Koreans. Still, it's commonly known that he loses zvz's even to players considered much worse than him, so I agree that he shouldn't have been sent first.
Thieving Magpie
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States6752 Posts
January 15 2013 01:06 GMT
#1739
On January 15 2013 09:59 Tommyth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 15 2013 08:19 travis wrote:
I am sure other people complained about this, and I have been trying not to, but SERIOUSLY wtf is the captain for EG-TL doing. Why would you send stephano out first, and why aren't you playing the better players more? I mean sure let puma play if you are up 3-1 or 3-0, but this isn't junior high baseball this is a proleague. And was jaedong still not there?

this is seriously like the 5th or 6th match that I've been disappointed with EG-TL decisionmaking on who to send out


Better players? I'm quite convinced that currently Stephano is at least as strong as the rest of the team, and he's also proven many times he's quite good at fighting Koreans. Still, it's commonly known that he loses zvz's even to players considered much worse than him, so I agree that he shouldn't have been sent first.


Someone bad at preparing should never be sent out first... heck, have a rule to send him second if you want an all-kill.
Hark, what baseball through yonder window breaks?
SwizzY
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1549 Posts
January 15 2013 01:17 GMT
#1740
On January 15 2013 04:35 taLbuk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 15 2013 04:17 SwizzY wrote:
JYP 7/13 in his proleague matches and Puma is 0/4. Just some food for thought


and your thought is implying?


That JYP isn't doing nearly as bad as some people think (though definitely not ace material) and Puma is doing shitty so he either is a god during practice or the coach is just bad for sending out Puma when you are only up 3-2. I don't give a shit if the guy has the worst nerves in the league and just needs support, he hasn't won anything in a looooooong time and shouldn't ever be sent out unless EG-TL is in a guaranteed win.

Coach is either not playing with a winning mentality or he's just bad. I think it's the latter
All that glitters is not gold, all that wander are not lost, the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by frost.
Prev 1 85 86 87 88 89 92 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM415
TaKeTV 64
BRAT_OK 28
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 415
ProTech139
TKL 89
UpATreeSC 61
Rex 37
Codebar 29
BRAT_OK 28
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 1286
Shuttle 1067
EffOrt 502
ggaemo 341
Mini 327
Stork 264
firebathero 189
Light 175
Dewaltoss 118
Rush 92
[ Show more ]
Barracks 88
910 73
Zeus 56
sorry 51
Shinee 47
Killer 46
Hyun 45
Shine 42
Mong 41
ToSsGirL 23
Bale 22
Aegong 19
soO 19
Sexy 16
ajuk12(nOOB) 14
Trap 11
yabsab 11
Sacsri 10
zelot 7
Dota 2
qojqva4544
Dendi2030
BananaSlamJamma413
LuMiX0
Counter-Strike
Fnx 732
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes617
Other Games
singsing2045
Liquid`RaSZi1907
hiko1167
B2W.Neo1089
Liquid`VortiX245
ArmadaUGS174
Sick168
Trikslyr43
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream527
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile135
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2566
• TFBlade867
Other Games
• WagamamaTV244
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
17h 47m
Afreeca Starleague
17h 47m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 7h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 18h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.