• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:51
CEST 14:51
KST 21:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8242 users

[IPL4] Championship Bracket LR - Page 546

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 544 545 546 547 548 799 Next
Bobo_XIII
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
United States429 Posts
April 09 2012 02:21 GMT
#10901
On April 09 2012 11:19 ObliviousNA wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2012 11:16 blooblooblahblah wrote:
On April 09 2012 11:15 ObliviousNA wrote:
super meta-game win by squirtle, excellent play. Nestea... why allin?


overpool is not an allin. casters missed so much in this game, Nestea just got meta-gamed hard.


Really? 11 pool gasless expo not allin? I think this game begs to differ if it's an autoloss to gateway 1st build. Nestea tried to get a scoutless advantage vs the 90% most common toss build, but squirtle took the slightly safer route and got the autowin.


11p expand is the safer (albeit not nearly as economical) alternative to the 15p expand. It also gives you the option to do some crazy drone ling all in if you wanted to
There's a hole in the world like a great black pit, and the vermin of the world inhabit it... and its morals aren't worth what a pig could spit, and it goes by the name of Reddit.
magnaflow
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada1521 Posts
April 09 2012 02:21 GMT
#10902
On April 09 2012 11:20 Whatson wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2012 11:20 Condor Hero wrote:
On April 09 2012 11:19 Audemed wrote:
I dont comprehend how those casters cant understand the point of the 11 pool and the gold cancel.

Well I don't expect Painuser to understand ZvP, as for HD, well I just don't.

Painuser really only understands Terran, HD...idk I think he plays Protoss?



Could have fooled me, I figured they didn't play at all
Corsica
Profile Joined February 2011
Ukraine1854 Posts
April 09 2012 02:21 GMT
#10903
Nestea going to do 12 min maxout! called it!
Condor Hero
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States2931 Posts
April 09 2012 02:21 GMT
#10904
On April 09 2012 11:20 GodOfWar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2012 11:17 Laids wrote:
LOL Alive being gifted IPL4.

This is ridiculous.


retard comment.

aLive had the best TvT in the world, even before this tournament, just being unnoticed by many

Nice to see him improving in his TvP and TvZ as well, beating players like PartinG and NesTea.

Definetly Top 3 Terran right now.

He was implying that out of the two in the LB right now, Squirtle has no chance and Nestea is tired as fuck.

He's wrong but that's what he meant.
Shalaiyn
Profile Joined October 2010
Netherlands2735 Posts
April 09 2012 02:21 GMT
#10905
On April 09 2012 11:20 Kiyo. wrote:
"I hope Nestea has resolved any fatigue issues he had"

How's he supposed to do that in the 5 minutes since the last game HD?


Speed?
Perfecto
Profile Joined June 2011
Philippines156 Posts
April 09 2012 02:21 GMT
#10906

11 pool is not cheese? lol. yeah right. Aquirtle just punished a cheesy opening by Nestea. Nestea often thinks he can get away with anything if he plays protoss (6 pooled Genius which became his downfall in the last GSL). That is just contempt of the protoss race and I'm so happy Squirtle punished him for it.
He drone drone drone. I All in I win.
Mr.Ch4rms
Profile Joined August 2008
Canada84 Posts
April 09 2012 02:22 GMT
#10907
can someone translate the korean stream in chat so i can figure out whats going on. Cause if i wanted to hear myself casting id just watch the main stream
thats it stroke me clover
naux
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada738 Posts
April 09 2012 02:22 GMT
#10908
Oh finally unbanned lol but..
I am HOPING for NesTea to win the tournament but i just dont see anybody stopping Squirtle at this point
EmilA
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark4618 Posts
April 09 2012 02:22 GMT
#10909
On April 09 2012 11:20 Kiyo. wrote:
"I hope Nestea has resolved any fatigue issues he had"

How's he supposed to do that in the 5 minutes since the last game HD?


Perhaps by drinking some Nestea




I'll see myself out...
http://dotabuff.com/players/122305951 playing other games
trinxified
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada7774 Posts
April 09 2012 02:22 GMT
#10910
On April 09 2012 11:21 magnaflow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2012 11:20 Whatson wrote:
On April 09 2012 11:20 Condor Hero wrote:
On April 09 2012 11:19 Audemed wrote:
I dont comprehend how those casters cant understand the point of the 11 pool and the gold cancel.

Well I don't expect Painuser to understand ZvP, as for HD, well I just don't.

Painuser really only understands Terran, HD...idk I think he plays Protoss?



Could have fooled me, I figured they didn't play at all


Lol HD and Painuser are probably better players than most of TL.
Tantaburs
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada1825 Posts
April 09 2012 02:22 GMT
#10911
On April 09 2012 11:20 Whatson wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2012 11:20 Condor Hero wrote:
On April 09 2012 11:19 Audemed wrote:
I dont comprehend how those casters cant understand the point of the 11 pool and the gold cancel.

Well I don't expect Painuser to understand ZvP, as for HD, well I just don't.

Painuser really only understands Terran, HD...idk I think he plays Protoss?


HD plays zerg
"One cannot play StarCraft with clenched fish.." ~Nick "Confucius" Plott
ZeromuS
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada13425 Posts
April 09 2012 02:22 GMT
#10912
On April 09 2012 11:20 hifriend wrote:
A lot of players doing these super meta devolved styles in this tourny.

2 base colossus pushes rolling terrans
3 gate protoss destroying an empty natural
infestorless zvt, building mutas even in the late game


2 base colossus winsme games on ladder all the time lol
StrategyRTS forever | @ZeromuS_plays | www.twitch.tv/Zeromus_
Whatson
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
United States5357 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-09 02:23:15
April 09 2012 02:22 GMT
#10913
On April 09 2012 11:21 magnaflow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2012 11:20 Whatson wrote:
On April 09 2012 11:20 Condor Hero wrote:
On April 09 2012 11:19 Audemed wrote:
I dont comprehend how those casters cant understand the point of the 11 pool and the gold cancel.

Well I don't expect Painuser to understand ZvP, as for HD, well I just don't.

Painuser really only understands Terran, HD...idk I think he plays Protoss?



Could have fooled me, I figured they didn't play at all

"understands"
"plays"
Sorry, should've clarified... Still, they're way better than most TLers
¯\_(シ)_/¯
Zarahtra
Profile Joined May 2010
Iceland4053 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-09 02:23:30
April 09 2012 02:22 GMT
#10914
On April 09 2012 11:21 Malstriks wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2012 11:19 HQuality wrote:
On April 09 2012 11:18 Malstriks wrote:
On April 09 2012 11:17 Ravar wrote:
On April 09 2012 11:16 RmoteCntrld wrote:
Nestea is a retard for saying oh yea I'm pretty tired I was falling asleep last game when hes standing right next to Squirtle. Thats like the biggest cue to just go ahead and cheese there ever was.


Did you not watch the game? Nestea cheesed not Squirtle


you're wrong it wasnt cheese... it was an 11 overpool how was that cheese

he meant expo on gold
3gate is not cheese by ANY means


he expo'ed to gold cause the metagame is FFE. nestea just didn't scout the gateway expand until too late. how is that nestea all in'ing? its standard vs ffe

Well going for the gold isn't really standard, plus zerg take the 3rd (edit: take the 3rd first before nat)only when they get pylon blocked. It wasn't allin, but it was very greedy
Serpico
Profile Joined May 2010
4285 Posts
April 09 2012 02:22 GMT
#10915
On April 09 2012 11:21 magnaflow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2012 11:20 Whatson wrote:
On April 09 2012 11:20 Condor Hero wrote:
On April 09 2012 11:19 Audemed wrote:
I dont comprehend how those casters cant understand the point of the 11 pool and the gold cancel.

Well I don't expect Painuser to understand ZvP, as for HD, well I just don't.

Painuser really only understands Terran, HD...idk I think he plays Protoss?



Could have fooled me, I figured they didn't play at all

PU has actually done pretty well before in the open bracket at an MLG in the last 6 months I think. He's definitely a GM level player if he stays in ok form.
M[o]
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada135 Posts
April 09 2012 02:22 GMT
#10916
imo it should be the way mlg has it, with nestea up 2-1 and it going for a bo7
Vindicare605
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States16126 Posts
April 09 2012 02:22 GMT
#10917
On April 09 2012 11:20 Azarkon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2012 11:18 Vindicare605 wrote:
On April 09 2012 11:16 Azarkon wrote:
On April 09 2012 11:12 Vindicare605 wrote:
On April 09 2012 11:10 Azarkon wrote:
On April 09 2012 11:08 hifriend wrote:
On April 09 2012 11:07 Azarkon wrote:
On April 09 2012 11:06 BackSideAttack wrote:
On April 09 2012 11:04 Azarkon wrote:
On April 09 2012 11:03 jj33 wrote:
[quote]


Yea he said himself the Koreans will produce great games. What more can you want?

He can't get past skin color. he's pretty sad.


On April 09 2012 11:02 BackSideAttack wrote:
[quote]

Not really thats your opinion. My opinion is that i enjoy the games more when Koreans win.


Aren't you two Korean, though? How is that showing him wrong...


I'm Chinese American man.


Okay, but that's the same thing when it comes to this - you're cheering for people of your own skin color ><

lol you're on thin ice buddy


What.

They brought up the foreigners cheering for foreigners are racist angle; I'm bringing up their double standard.


There's a huge difference between cheering for foreigners and hating on Koreans.

What you were saying earlier was the latter. Learn the difference and you'll stop coming off like such a jerk.


Hating Koreans would be rooting for them to lose - which is what BackSideAttack was doing the entire weekend for Stephano.

I don't think I've ever rooted against a Korean, though I have rooted for foreigners. That's the difference.


Except no one has EVER hated on Stephano for being French. they hate on him because of the way he plays. There's a huge difference between saying "Stephano sucks" and "There's only Koreans left? I'm leaving or I'm going to complain."

Do you see that?


No, because no one's leaving because there are only Koreans left - they're leaving because there are no foreigners left, which is the difference that you fail to perceive. Hating Koreans is refusing to watch tournaments in which they participate - no one has ever done that. People leave because there are no foreigners left, which is the reason they leave when the remaining players are all Korean.


I'm done with this.

You obviously just don't get how you're coming off to people.
aka: KTVindicare the Geeky Bartender
Shalaiyn
Profile Joined October 2010
Netherlands2735 Posts
April 09 2012 02:23 GMT
#10918
On April 09 2012 11:22 EmilA wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2012 11:20 Kiyo. wrote:
"I hope Nestea has resolved any fatigue issues he had"

How's he supposed to do that in the 5 minutes since the last game HD?


Perhaps by drinking some Nestea




I'll see myself out...


I laughed, thanks.
Forikorder
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada8840 Posts
April 09 2012 02:23 GMT
#10919
On April 09 2012 11:21 Bobo_XIII wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2012 11:19 ObliviousNA wrote:
On April 09 2012 11:16 blooblooblahblah wrote:
On April 09 2012 11:15 ObliviousNA wrote:
super meta-game win by squirtle, excellent play. Nestea... why allin?


overpool is not an allin. casters missed so much in this game, Nestea just got meta-gamed hard.


Really? 11 pool gasless expo not allin? I think this game begs to differ if it's an autoloss to gateway 1st build. Nestea tried to get a scoutless advantage vs the 90% most common toss build, but squirtle took the slightly safer route and got the autowin.


11p expand is the safer (albeit not nearly as economical) alternative to the 15p expand. It also gives you the option to do some crazy drone ling all in if you wanted to

the only reason to 10 pool is to kill a free forge and pylon, force a cannon in the opponents mineral line and make them not able to leave there base for another 10 minutes

NesTea didnt get anything by cutting so many drones so he didnt ahve the eco to stop a 4gate, 4 gating after a Failed FFE due to 10 pool can work and NesTea got no damage in at all
Omri
Profile Joined September 2011
Israel638 Posts
April 09 2012 02:23 GMT
#10920
Why did he save to 400 minerals to put down a Forge first?
Prev 1 544 545 546 547 548 799 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
11:00
2026 Week 25
CosmosSc2 2
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech127
Rex 113
CosmosSc2 2
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 47539
Hyuk 1356
Jaedong 817
EffOrt 436
Soma 424
Horang2 369
Soulkey 365
actioN 349
BeSt 340
Mini 320
[ Show more ]
Last 272
Zeus 263
Light 260
Stork 233
910 176
Larva 170
ggaemo 138
Snow 124
Rush 113
ZerO 95
Killer 83
Pusan 80
Mind 66
JYJ 47
Shine 46
Sharp 45
Creator 43
hero 31
Free 30
Shinee 29
Yoon 26
Bale 26
ToSsGirL 22
Terrorterran 15
HiyA 15
yabsab 14
Noble 14
sorry 10
Sacsri 8
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc8485
Dendi779
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1577
markeloff497
kRYSTAL_29
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1618
crisheroes890
Other Games
gofns41435
singsing2021
B2W.Neo686
hiko347
XBOCT307
Pyrionflax268
byalli264
DeMusliM245
ArmadaUGS99
Mew2King57
QueenE16
ZerO(Twitch)9
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1542
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream141
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH338
• StrangeGG 37
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1580
Other Games
• WagamamaTV197
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
10m
Rex113
IntoTheiNu 47
The PondCast
21h 10m
OSC
1d
Stellar Fest
1d
OSC
1d 11h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.