• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:57
CEST 22:57
KST 05:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6758 users

[GSL] 2012 Season 2 Code S Ro32 Group C - Page 3

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 104 105 106 Next
Azzur
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia6267 Posts
March 28 2012 02:56 GMT
#41
MKP and Alive fighting!!!
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37117 Posts
March 28 2012 03:12 GMT
#42
On March 28 2012 09:52 loafmaster wrote:
Will Tastosis be back today? They're half the reason I watch GSL!

Please read the OP
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
Ghoststrikes
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada1356 Posts
March 28 2012 03:14 GMT
#43
The. Year. Of. Liquid.

Zenio to pull the upset and 2-0 this gogogo!
Never say die
Maghetti
Profile Joined May 2008
United States2429 Posts
March 28 2012 03:19 GMT
#44
July is one of my favorite players and is in great shape right now(playing shape, not so much physically ;p) so I hope he advances. But, more than I want July to advance I want MKP to fall.

With that said I see MKP and either July or Alive advancing ;/
Grampz
Profile Joined November 2010
United States2147 Posts
March 28 2012 03:39 GMT
#45
Zenio and July advance, mkp losing to july 2-1 in Final set.
NanowaX
Profile Joined January 2012
Germany190 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-28 03:40:59
March 28 2012 03:40 GMT
#46
On March 28 2012 12:19 Maghetti wrote:
July is one of my favorite players and is in great shape right now(playing shape, not so much physically ;p) so I hope he advances. But, more than I want July to advance I want MKP to fall.

With that said I see MKP and either July or Alive advancing ;/



how can someone hate mkp?
edit: i don't get it
SlayerS MMA GOAT | Maru, MKP, MVP, Byun
neoghaleon55
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7435 Posts
March 28 2012 03:40 GMT
#47
YAY tastosis
moo...for DRG
udgnim
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8024 Posts
March 28 2012 03:45 GMT
#48
really don't see MKP not advancing

can't really prepare for him considering the different builds he's capable of, shown, and has had success with in TvZ
E-Sports is competitive video gaming with a spectator fan base. Do not take the word "Sports" literally.
Maghetti
Profile Joined May 2008
United States2429 Posts
March 28 2012 03:54 GMT
#49
On March 28 2012 12:40 NanowaX wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2012 12:19 Maghetti wrote:
July is one of my favorite players and is in great shape right now(playing shape, not so much physically ;p) so I hope he advances. But, more than I want July to advance I want MKP to fall.

With that said I see MKP and either July or Alive advancing ;/



how can someone hate mkp?
edit: i don't get it

I hate the way he plays greatly. Like his he played vs drg recently for example. marine marauder vs zerg? Marine thor? Hellion thor? Or doing things like meching vs protoss. The list goes on and on without even needing to go back to far in time. This is not solid play! He is such a great player but makes me not like him for constantly doing gimmicky strategies that rely on the opponent not knowing how to defend them because they are rarely/never used by other players. Of course he plays solid games as well, and im all for doing stuff like that mixed into regular play but he does that stuff constantly!

He always finds new gimmicks too. Back when he first got famous for mass marine and splitting vs mass bane I said it was entertaining but obviously not going to work in the long term, and I was right, but he just switches to new weird ass strats in cycles >.<.

Oh, also, he fits into a group of terrans that use a style of play that I really can't stand. Another person who does this is Sc. That is, low econ terran aggression that lasts several minutes that relies on mules to maintain unit production while zerg is forced to make units or workers and can't keep up the trades. Players who use this style of play leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Again, he is a great player, and can execute any strat as good as any other top terran, I just hate the strategies and approach he takes to the game.
SergioCQH
Profile Joined October 2010
United States143 Posts
March 28 2012 03:54 GMT
#50
MKP's TVZ doesn't seem rock solid to me. It's very successful against macro-oriented players like DRG or NesTea. He plays very greedily (for example, the 3 orbital/2 ebay build) and that can bite him in the butt against July. MKP will roll Zenio though.
silverstyle
Profile Joined May 2011
Singapore1108 Posts
March 28 2012 03:54 GMT
#51
I hope MKP and Zenio advance! MKP is just all round awesome, Zenio cos i <3 liquid, but any 2 from the group seems pretty fair to me lol
Liquid`HerO!!!
Maghetti
Profile Joined May 2008
United States2429 Posts
March 28 2012 04:01 GMT
#52
On March 28 2012 12:54 SergioCQH wrote:
MKP's TVZ doesn't seem rock solid to me. It's very successful against macro-oriented players like DRG or NesTea. He plays very greedily (for example, the 3 orbital/2 ebay build) and that can bite him in the butt against July. MKP will roll Zenio though.

I had never considered this...MKP takes HUGE MASSIVE risks in the early game, like tripple CC and double upgrades where if he doesn't die by the 6 minute mark the game is over. July should totally do 3 roach bane or ling bane busts on MKP, assuming he plays greedy of course.
neoghaleon55
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7435 Posts
March 28 2012 04:02 GMT
#53
On March 28 2012 12:54 Maghetti wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2012 12:40 NanowaX wrote:
On March 28 2012 12:19 Maghetti wrote:
July is one of my favorite players and is in great shape right now(playing shape, not so much physically ;p) so I hope he advances. But, more than I want July to advance I want MKP to fall.

With that said I see MKP and either July or Alive advancing ;/



how can someone hate mkp?
edit: i don't get it

I hate the way he plays greatly. Like his he played vs drg recently for example. marine marauder vs zerg? Marine thor? Hellion thor? Or doing things like meching vs protoss. The list goes on and on without even needing to go back to far in time. This is not solid play! He is such a great player but makes me not like him for constantly doing gimmicky strategies that rely on the opponent not knowing how to defend them because they are rarely/never used by other players. Of course he plays solid games as well, and im all for doing stuff like that mixed into regular play but he does that stuff constantly!

He always finds new gimmicks too. Back when he first got famous for mass marine and splitting vs mass bane I said it was entertaining but obviously not going to work in the long term, and I was right, but he just switches to new weird ass strats in cycles >.<.

Oh, also, he fits into a group of terrans that use a style of play that I really can't stand. Another person who does this is Sc. That is, low econ terran aggression that lasts several minutes that relies on mules to maintain unit production while zerg is forced to make units or workers and can't keep up the trades. Players who use this style of play leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Again, he is a great player, and can execute any strat as good as any other top terran, I just hate the strategies and approach he takes to the game.


You mean the Halby mass marine mass mule strategy?
Only time I saw this properly dealt with is Losira vs sC at MLG Providence.
It's obnoxious as hell to fight against.

Anyway, MKP is one of those players I just wanted to go away for a long time. He is indeed very gimmicky, but he's also very smart, abusing the Terran arsenal to the max. I think after those two MLG games, it's safe to say MKP is here to stay. You don't have to root for him, but he is definitely a serious contender.
That being said...I hope he loses tonight.
XD
moo...for DRG
Hall0wed
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States8486 Posts
March 28 2012 04:03 GMT
#54
On March 28 2012 12:12 Seeker wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2012 09:52 loafmaster wrote:
Will Tastosis be back today? They're half the reason I watch GSL!

Please read the OP


Hey that shit is pretty hidden so it really is not a bad question, I expected it out in plain sight myself.

Loafmaster Tastosis is indeed casting.
♦ My Life for BESTie ♦ 류세라 = 배 ♦
SergioCQH
Profile Joined October 2010
United States143 Posts
March 28 2012 04:04 GMT
#55
On March 28 2012 12:54 Maghetti wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2012 12:40 NanowaX wrote:
On March 28 2012 12:19 Maghetti wrote:
July is one of my favorite players and is in great shape right now(playing shape, not so much physically ;p) so I hope he advances. But, more than I want July to advance I want MKP to fall.

With that said I see MKP and either July or Alive advancing ;/



how can someone hate mkp?
edit: i don't get it

I hate the way he plays greatly. Like his he played vs drg recently for example. marine marauder vs zerg? Marine thor? Hellion thor? Or doing things like meching vs protoss. The list goes on and on without even needing to go back to far in time. This is not solid play! He is such a great player but makes me not like him for constantly doing gimmicky strategies that rely on the opponent not knowing how to defend them because they are rarely/never used by other players. Of course he plays solid games as well, and im all for doing stuff like that mixed into regular play but he does that stuff constantly!

He always finds new gimmicks too. Back when he first got famous for mass marine and splitting vs mass bane I said it was entertaining but obviously not going to work in the long term, and I was right, but he just switches to new weird ass strats in cycles >.<.

Oh, also, he fits into a group of terrans that use a style of play that I really can't stand. Another person who does this is Sc. That is, low econ terran aggression that lasts several minutes that relies on mules to maintain unit production while zerg is forced to make units or workers and can't keep up the trades. Players who use this style of play leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Again, he is a great player, and can execute any strat as good as any other top terran, I just hate the strategies and approach he takes to the game.


I'm a DRG/zerg fan and I don't like MKP either (too effeminate), but the reasons you give for disliking him are what make him a great player. He does what he must in order to win. I respect that. It would be foolish of him to play standard games when he knows that DRG would beat him at standard games. That's why he takes huge risks like his 3 orbital/2 ebay build. And if his opponents aren't prepared for his tactics and strategies, then they don't deserve to win.
aintz
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada5624 Posts
March 28 2012 04:04 GMT
#56
mkp and july? one for new blood (mkp) and one for vet (july)
Maghetti
Profile Joined May 2008
United States2429 Posts
March 28 2012 04:06 GMT
#57
On March 28 2012 13:02 neoghaleon55 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2012 12:54 Maghetti wrote:
On March 28 2012 12:40 NanowaX wrote:
On March 28 2012 12:19 Maghetti wrote:
July is one of my favorite players and is in great shape right now(playing shape, not so much physically ;p) so I hope he advances. But, more than I want July to advance I want MKP to fall.

With that said I see MKP and either July or Alive advancing ;/



how can someone hate mkp?
edit: i don't get it

I hate the way he plays greatly. Like his he played vs drg recently for example. marine marauder vs zerg? Marine thor? Hellion thor? Or doing things like meching vs protoss. The list goes on and on without even needing to go back to far in time. This is not solid play! He is such a great player but makes me not like him for constantly doing gimmicky strategies that rely on the opponent not knowing how to defend them because they are rarely/never used by other players. Of course he plays solid games as well, and im all for doing stuff like that mixed into regular play but he does that stuff constantly!

He always finds new gimmicks too. Back when he first got famous for mass marine and splitting vs mass bane I said it was entertaining but obviously not going to work in the long term, and I was right, but he just switches to new weird ass strats in cycles >.<.

Oh, also, he fits into a group of terrans that use a style of play that I really can't stand. Another person who does this is Sc. That is, low econ terran aggression that lasts several minutes that relies on mules to maintain unit production while zerg is forced to make units or workers and can't keep up the trades. Players who use this style of play leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Again, he is a great player, and can execute any strat as good as any other top terran, I just hate the strategies and approach he takes to the game.


You mean the Halby mass marine mass mule strategy?
Only time I saw this properly dealt with is Losira vs sC at MLG Providence.
It's obnoxious as hell to fight against.

Anyway, MKP is one of those players I just wanted to go away for a long time. He is indeed very gimmicky, but he's also very smart, abusing the Terran arsenal to the max. I think after those two MLG games, it's safe to say MKP is here to stay. You don't have to root for him, but he is definitely a serious contender.
That being said...I hope he loses tonight.
XD

lol that is exactly the game I was thinking of . That and similar play to that is just insanely annoying. And yes, he is very gimmicky, but also chooses his gimmicks well and plays enough normal play that I have accepted he probably isn't going anywhere any time soon. Doesn't stop me from rooting against him heavily .
lalapo
Profile Joined December 2010
Hong Kong13 Posts
March 28 2012 04:10 GMT
#58
where does it say tastosis is casting ? sorry i can't seem to find it, do i need to tilt my head in a certain angle ? =P
ref4
Profile Joined March 2012
2933 Posts
March 28 2012 04:11 GMT
#59
On March 28 2012 12:54 Maghetti wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2012 12:40 NanowaX wrote:
On March 28 2012 12:19 Maghetti wrote:
July is one of my favorite players and is in great shape right now(playing shape, not so much physically ;p) so I hope he advances. But, more than I want July to advance I want MKP to fall.

With that said I see MKP and either July or Alive advancing ;/



how can someone hate mkp?
edit: i don't get it

I hate the way he plays greatly. Like his he played vs drg recently for example. marine marauder vs zerg? Marine thor? Hellion thor? Or doing things like meching vs protoss. The list goes on and on without even needing to go back to far in time. This is not solid play! He is such a great player but makes me not like him for constantly doing gimmicky strategies that rely on the opponent not knowing how to defend them because they are rarely/never used by other players. Of course he plays solid games as well, and im all for doing stuff like that mixed into regular play but he does that stuff constantly!

He always finds new gimmicks too. Back when he first got famous for mass marine and splitting vs mass bane I said it was entertaining but obviously not going to work in the long term, and I was right, but he just switches to new weird ass strats in cycles >.<.

Oh, also, he fits into a group of terrans that use a style of play that I really can't stand. Another person who does this is Sc. That is, low econ terran aggression that lasts several minutes that relies on mules to maintain unit production while zerg is forced to make units or workers and can't keep up the trades. Players who use this style of play leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Again, he is a great player, and can execute any strat as good as any other top terran, I just hate the strategies and approach he takes to the game.


I wouldn't call him gimmicky. He is just extremely innovative.
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
March 28 2012 04:26 GMT
#60
mkp haters gonna hate. he's my favourite player and i hope he 4-0s his group tonight :D
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 104 105 106 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 3m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 532
JuggernautJason33
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 662
Dewaltoss 105
firebathero 92
Zeus 69
Trap 41
910 30
Bale 26
NaDa 25
Dota 2
monkeys_forever322
Counter-Strike
edward134
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS121
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4812
Liquid`Hasu2000
Other Games
summit1g5954
shahzam455
byalli448
C9.Mang0176
KnowMe134
UpATreeSC88
Chillindude29
Trikslyr24
Railgan18
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV210
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream201
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 77
• Adnapsc2 17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 29
• Azhi_Dahaki26
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur324
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
3h 3m
Kung Fu Cup
14h 3m
Stellar Fest
16h 3m
The PondCast
1d 13h
OSC
1d 16h
Stellar Fest
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.